PDA

View Full Version : What if God was one of us .....

Volcana
Jul 21st, 2012, 04:13 AM
There probably was a thread about this 17 years ago, but I got to thinking about itIf God had a name, what would it be, And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory?Well, actually, no. I think I'm badass, but I've been there when the shit REALLY hit the fan, And I didn't Bogart it then, so I kinda don;t think I have that in me.
What would you ask if you had just one questionIs the human race really fucking up? Or just growing up?

If God had a face what would it look likeNobody we think is beautiful.And would you want to see, if seeing meant that you would have to believe in things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophetsNo. Yes.

Okay, I would not LIKE having to believe in 'jesus and the saints and all the prophets', but there are a lot of things I don't want to believe in that I do.

Now, if I had to believe that 'God Hates Fags', me and God would, I'm afraid, have an on-going antagonist relationship. Which probably wouldn't end well for me.

supergrunt
Jul 21st, 2012, 05:14 AM
Cool thread. I love this song. :)

If God had a name, what would it be, And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory?

I'd imagine his name would be Stephanie and he'd take on this celebrity like persona, so once you got past his star quality and status, you'd find him more approachable and easier to work with and talk to.

What would you ask if you had just one question

I would ask: Are you really a supernatural, spiritual being or just a more intelligent, sophisticated life form?

Another way to ask this question would be: Is there a difference between things that are spiritual/paranormal and things that make up science fiction (e.g. parallel universes, other dimensions, aliens)?

To answer your question ("Is the human race really fucking up? Or just growing up?"), I think that things only get better with time. Time is "the great equalizer."

If God had a face what would it look like

For some reason I envision Kanye West. :confused:

And would you want to see, if seeing meant that you would have to believe in things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets

I take issue with this question because the existence of a Christian "God" (one who is associated with "heaven... jesus... the saints and all the prophets") would invalidate every other religion, philosophy, and belief system on earth. I believe that, in many ways, that the belief systems of a Native American ethnic group, for instance, are just as valid in their own way as those of the Europeans who came to America and decimated the populations of their predecessors and forcefully imposed their own Judeo-Christian views on everyone their side of the Atlantic. So if God came as a common denominator between all religions and beliefs, then yes, I would want to see his face. If he came just to reinforce the Eurocentric notion that the Bible is the only real truth, then I'd be suspicious.

moby
Jul 21st, 2012, 05:50 AM
I'd imagine his name would be Stephanie and he'd take on this celebrity like persona, so once you got past his star quality and status, you'd find him more approachable and easier to work with and talk to.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/098/9/2/Lady_Gaga_Gif_by_NINO16.gif

Yes.

dybbuk
Jul 21st, 2012, 05:52 AM
So God is a black man named Stephanie.

moby
Jul 21st, 2012, 05:55 AM
So God is a black man named Stephanie.Lady Gaga is a black gay man in a white woman's body.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 21st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Lady Gaga is a black gay man in a white woman's body.:lol: this has to be a first!

joy division
Jul 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Is it a song text ? Which one is it ?

Hmmm, Daddy !?

Does this world still exist, when I`m dead ?

Is the human race really fucking up? Or just growing up?

It obviously looks like
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4779/lu2ky.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/lu2ky.jpg/)

But it will go on then.

It would still be the face that you want to see.

And would you want to see, if seeing meant that you would have to believe in things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets

Tried hard but I couldn`t find a sense in that question.:shrug: All the would and have to`s bite each other to get a clear picture of the question.

Sammo
Jul 21st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Damn, they got me.

Number19
Jul 21st, 2012, 03:00 PM

God's name is Yahweh. He also has a couple of other names according to the bible. He's kind of a shifty entity. Not too trustworthy if you ask me if he can't even keep his name straight.

Why?
Not that I would expect any answer.

Definitely attractive. Attractiveness helps the success of psychopaths.

Jesus and saints and prophets are just people, so they deserve no more belief than anyone else anyway. I did like Jesus as a kid. I wanted to learn more about him he seemed interesting. The librarian wouldn't let me go to adult section though to see if there was anything on him. So, I didn't get to. For reference I did go to church when I was a kid, but they have a bit of an agenda there and wanted to go more indepth to find out more about him and his life.

Hurley
Jul 21st, 2012, 04:22 PM
That Gaga gif is the most computer-breaking gif I've ever dealt with in my life. Not once, but TWICE just scrolling towards it crashed my browser. :sobbing:

supergrunt
Jul 21st, 2012, 06:09 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/098/9/2/Lady_Gaga_Gif_by_NINO16.gif

Yes.

Oh my goodness, Gaga. How did you get all the way down to the depths of my consciousness next to God? :facepalm:

supergrunt
Jul 21st, 2012, 06:10 PM
So God is a black man named Stephanie.

Yes. :haha: Only on tennisforum.

Mikey.
Jul 21st, 2012, 07:54 PM
I love this song so much. :tears: