Hemingway & Gellhorn
Luther
Sherlock

Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Connie Britton, American Horror Story
Ashley Judd, Missing
Nicole Kidman, Hemingway & Gellhorn
Julianne Moore, Game Change
Emma Thompson, The Song of Lunch (Masterpiece)

Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Kevin Costner, Hatfields & McCoys
Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia (Masterpiece)
Idris Elba, Luther
Woody Harrelson, Game Change
Clive Owen, Hemingway & Gellhorn
Bill Paxton, Hatfields & McCoys

Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Frances Conroy, American Horror Story
Judy Davis, Page Eight (Masterpiece)
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story
Sarah Paulson, Game Change
Mare Winningham, Hatfields & McCoys

Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Tom Berenger, Hatfields & McCoys
Martin Freeman, Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia (Masterpiece)
Ed Harris, Game Change
Denis O'Hare, American Horror Story
David Strathairn, Hemingway & Gellhorn

Best Variety Program
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Real Time with Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live

Best Reality Competition
The Amazing Race
Dancing With The Stars
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Top Chef
The Voice

Best Reality Host
Tom Bergeron, Dancing With The Stars
Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance
Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race
Ryan Seacrest, American Idol
Betty White, Betty White's Off Their Rockers

Mad Men leads with 17 nominations.

Happy for Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and all the acting love for Breaking Bad especially first time nominees Esposito and Gunn. No Parks and Rec. and Louie in comedy is just baffling but the Emmy's are never that good with comedy.

eck
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Modern Family :cheer:
Glenn Close :cheer:
Claire Danes :cheer:

Glenn vs Claire :unsure:

delicatecutter
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM
So happy for Homeland and Claire Danes! I think she has that about locked up! :cheer:

Harju.
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Of course Community gets shafted as always :rolleyes:
And no Parks for Best Comedy either?

-edit
NO NICK OFFERMAN EITHER?

:cheer: for Mayim Bialik and Girls.

DragonFlame
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Game of Thrones :bounce:
The Big Bang Theory :cool:

Hashim.
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I am just appalled at Nick Offerman getting snubbed again. Also no best comedy nod for parks and recreation is just baffling. No love for community either.:o

IMO Claire Danes, Bryan Cranston, Giancarlo Esposito, Julianne Moore and Jessica Lange are locks. Its very close among the others.
I really hope Amy Poehler wins this time.

Yay for Anna Gunn and Joanne Froggatt getting nominated.
Laura Dern not even nominated.:o

I really am pissed about Parks and Recreation, Nick Offerman and Community not getting nominated.

Mynarco
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Maggie :)

Mistress of Evil
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Homeland & Claire will swipe everything.

Still mad that none of the female actors from GOT gets any recognition, at all. Maisie & Sophie are worthy of a nomination.

McPie
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:04 PM
no Shameless :ras:

:p

WonderfulLee
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Connie Britton, American Horror Story
Ashley Judd, Missing
Nicole Kidman, Hemingway & Gellhorn
Julianne Moore, Game Change
Emma Thompson, The Song of Lunch (Masterpiece)

emma vs Nicole vs Julianne :unsure: all of my faves!

ptkten
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Homeland & Claire will swipe everything.

Still mad that none of the female actors from GOT gets any recognition, at all. Maisie & Sophie are worthy of a nomination.

Unfortunately there's still a bias against child actors so they probably never will get nominated. Alfie Allen and Lena Headey deserved noms too but I knew that wasn't going to happen so I'm not too upset.

I was looking at total nominations including the tech categories and Downton Abbey got 16 :eek:. Could that be the show to topple Mad Men? I haven't seen it so it could deserve them all but it is hilarious how Hollywood is so enamored with British productions regardless of the quality.

Gdsimmons
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM
So basically the Supporting Actor Comedy should be renamed The Best Male Actor from Modern Family :lol:

Hashim.
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:17 PM
^Downton Abbey really is awesome.:worship:

Oermi
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM
NO PARKS AND REC !!! WTF :mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:
and no nomination for Laura Linney.. expected but I'm still sad about this :(

Melissa :hearts:
Amy :hearts:

WonderfulLee
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM
:bounce: so happy no Jeff Probst and American Idol in Reality Show category. its about time for Cat Deeley win the Emmys for her outstanding work in SYTYCD.

GoofyDuck
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:23 PM
No females from Game of Thrones nominated :(.. I was really hoping someone would get it. Lena Heady had good chance.

Hope Glenn Close wins

Stadia
Jul 19th, 2012, 03:54 PM
No Jane Krakowski :rolleyes:

Modern Family has been very awful this year, this season is nowhere near as good as the first two seasons.

silverwhite
Jul 19th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Downton Abbey :cheer:

Blu€
Jul 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I hope Kathryn Joosten takes it! :awww::hug:
Glenn Close :armed::clap2: just flawless in Damages!

SloKid
Jul 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mayim Bialik :facepalm: Lena Dunham :facepalm:

Community should've been nominated. :(

TZVETI83
Jul 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Revenge completely snubbed. Emmy are so bland and predictable, hopefully Claire Danes wins, she deserves it for her great performance.

Hurley
Jul 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Too much to deal with in the Emmys nominations every year. Just gotta keep plugging on and be happy for first-timers who deserve it, like Jared Harris, Mayim Bialik, and Joanne Froggatt.

ptkten
Jul 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM
For all the complaining we all do about the Emmy's and deservedly so because some of the snubs are ridiculous, I do think that the Best Drama Series category is probably the best it has ever been. There are other deserving shows out there but all six nominees are critically acclaimed and of the ones that I watch, are really good shows.

Craig.
Jul 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Breaking Bad :cheer: Big Bang :cheer:

iPatty
Jul 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately there's still a bias against child actors so they probably never will get nominated. Alfie Allen and Lena Headey deserved noms too but I knew that wasn't going to happen so I'm not too upset.

I was looking at total nominations including the tech categories and Downton Abbey got 16 :eek:. Could that be the show to topple Mad Men? I haven't seen it so it could deserve them all but it is hilarious how Hollywood is so enamored with British productions regardless of the quality.

If Alfie Allen successfully pulls off what is in store for him in future seasons and doesn't get a nomination, THEN I'll cry foul. ;)

Thought Sophie Turner was amazing this season as well but not surprised not to see her name on the list.

The Dawntreader
Jul 19th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I hope Kathryn Joosten and Amy Poehler win.

Expat
Jul 20th, 2012, 12:36 AM
yay for michelle dockery and benedict cumberbatch

Simugna Help
Jul 20th, 2012, 01:30 AM
They don't even nominate Neil Patrick Harris anymore. :sobbing:

Harry.
Jul 20th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Glee didn't get a single nomination.... except for Cinematography.. :oh:

WonderfulLee
Jul 20th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Glee didn't get a single nomination.... except for Cinematography.. :oh:

and one for Dot Jones in Guest Actress in Comedy Series :lol:

Barktra
Jul 20th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Parks and recs snubbed :fiery: screw the emys

Barktra
Jul 20th, 2012, 03:14 AM
And Laura Linney isn't nominated :fiery:

Modern family is overated :shrug:

Hopefully Nicole Kidman and Amy Poheler can win :cheer:

matthias
Jul 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
i cheer for Breaking Bad and sherlock´s Ben Cumberbatch/Martina Freeman

Monica_Rules
Jul 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Downton Abbey :worship:

ampers&
Jul 20th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Shameless and House of Lies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As always, the Emmys fail.

Roookie
Jul 20th, 2012, 11:37 PM
GOT'S Lena Heady deserve the nomination and Peter should have been nominated in the lead actor category this year.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 21st, 2012, 04:27 AM
Mad Men, Ashley Judd, Nicole Kidman and Jean Smart :hearts:

Smith Saybrook
Jul 21st, 2012, 05:22 AM
Happy for Downton Abbey for sure. I think the comedy noms are decent, but really don't think Modern Family did the job this past season. Happy that both Veep & Girls got noms as both are fantastic shows.

Really think Busy Phillips and Dan Byrd give amazing comedic performances in Cougar Town, and if they could get past the name (which has no bearing on the actual show), it would get some positive recognition.

Richie's
Jul 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Happy for Zoe!

Richie's
Jul 21st, 2012, 09:47 AM
GOT'S Lena Heady deserve the nomination and Peter should have been nominated in the lead actor category this year.

There is no leading actor/actress on Game of Thrones. I think they consider everyone as supporting ones. But Lena and Michelle should have one.

moby
Jul 21st, 2012, 03:03 PM
Lena Dunham aka Voice of Our Generation absolutely slaying. :worship:

Hurley
Jul 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM
Actors submit themselves into categories for the Emmys. If Dinklage is nominated for supporting, it's because he (and/or his representation) put himself there.

Gdsimmons
Jul 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
ABC has some really great comedies. I think Modern Family is hilarious and one of the funniest shows ever, but can some of the other comedies get some love? Happy Endings and Suburgatory are truly underrated.

And no love for Person of Interest? :o

MarieC
Jul 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM
Are the Emmys getting to a point where there needs to be separate categories for cable and network shows, at least in the drama category. I don't argue that the nominees are all deserving but the cable and network TV aren't on a level playing field anymore, especially in the drama category.

GoofyDuck
Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM
I also really hope Sherlock wins and the actors; Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch.

such a brilliant series

skanky~skanketta
Jul 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
I wish that Christa Miller from Cougar Town was nominated. She's hilarious in it!

Beat
Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
i've just watched season 1 and the beginning of season 2 of "downtown abbey". even though it's a bit soapy, it's very good, especially the cast is friggin' amazing. michelle dockery, colour me impressed :bowdown: the maggie smith nomination is a bit silly though, she's played this part many times before.

is "boardwalk empire" worth checking out?

I wish that Christa Miller from Cougar Town was nominated. She's hilarious in it!

is she the one who can't move her face?

ptkten
Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
i've just watched season 1 and the beginning of season 2 of "downtown abbey". even though it's a bit soapy, it's very good, especially the cast is friggin' amazing. michelle dockery, colour me impressed :bowdown: the maggie smith nomination is a bit silly though, she's played this part many times before.

is "boardwalk empire" worth checking out?

is she the one who can't move her face?

Boardwalk took a little bit of time to get going but hit its stride in the second season and is now a very good show. That being said, I don't think it's as good as GOT or Breaking Bad (I haven't seen the other three nominated series).

Roookie
Jul 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
There is no leading actor/actress on Game of Thrones. I think they consider everyone as supporting ones. But Lena and Michelle should have one.

I felt like Peter's character really grow as a bigger one than the rest in the second season.

Actors submit themselves into categories for the Emmys. If Dinklage is nominated for supporting, it's because he (and/or his representation) put himself there.

Thanks I didn't know this.

mckyle.
Jul 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Lena Dunham aka Voice of Our Generation absolutely slaying. :worship:

She's not the voice of our generation. She's a voice of a generation. :lol:

SloKid
Jul 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
She's not the voice of our generation. She's a voice of a generation. :lol:
God save us all if she wer the voice. :help:

ptkten
Sep 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
Emmy awards are tomorrow, any last minute predictions?

I would absolutely love for Breaking Bad to win this year but I have a bad feeling it will leave empty handed again.

My guess is Homeland pulls of the upset this year but really any of Mad Men, BB, Downton, or Homeland could win.

For acting, I'm guessing Cranston, Danes, Harris, and Smith but I'm pulling for either of the BB guys or Dinklage to win in Supporting Actor.

I don't follow comedies as much but hoping that Curb pulls off an upset and that Louie C.K. and Amy Poehler win!

eck
Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Claire Danes or Glenn Close for the win.

Hurley
Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
I just know that Louis-Dreyfus will win again. :facepalm:

Oermi
Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
hope amy or melissa win for outstanding actress comedy :hearts:

Javi.
Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Even though I love Downton Abbey, the amount of nominations received seems a bit too much for me. Specially because Season 2 is not as strong as Season One. Although the Season finale was awesome.
I hope Claire Danes win Best Actress in Drama.

Also, it's a travesty that The Good Wife was not nominated for Best Drama.

Hurley
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I just know that Louis-Dreyfus will win again. :facepalm:

Duh.

Jon Cryer winning is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Credit to the Danes/Lewis double, but all the supporting winners, as fine as they all are, have won before and yawn.

Craig.
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Duh.

Jon Cryer winning is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Credit to the Danes/Lewis double, but all the supporting winners, as fine as they all are, have won before and yawn.

RIGHT?! What the absolute fuck was that about?

ukneecorn
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Aaron Paul winning for "Breaking Bad" was :bigclap:

"Homeland" sweeping the drama categories. :worship:

Felt bad for Jon Hamm. :awww:

Hurley
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Typical Emmys. 10% awesome wins, 25% absolute shit wins, 65% same people as last year. :shrug:

Craig.
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Typical Emmys. 10% awesome wins, 25% absolute shit wins, 65% same people as last year. :shrug:

Pretty much :lol:

ukneecorn
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Either stop whining or stop watching. :yawn: :baby:

ptkten
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:05 AM

Yeah, that's basically it, they really do sort of suck.

First of all hats off to me for predicting the Homeland win. I'm happy that a different show won but Homeland will have so many more opportunities and I can't repeat enough that Breaking Bad Season 4 is one of the best seasons of television of all time. It's just not "important" enough for the big prize unfortunately. Oh well, The Wire never won either. I can't complain too much though because I haven't see Homeland and everyone says it is a good show.

Aaron Paul winning again :worship:

The comedy winners are either embarrassing or boring other than Louie's win for writing and JLD for Actress.

Game Change dominating mini-series/movie :rolleyes: Another situation where the "importance" of the topic outweighed the actual quality of the television. It could have been the worst mini-series of all time and it still would have won.

Hurley
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:13 AM

I didn't watch. Soooooo I'll whine and you can shut up. Thanks for trying.

Hurley
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:24 AM
The comedy winners are either embarrassing or boring

Just, the Emmys are boring. It's just bizarre to me how I've been following them for 20 years now, you'd think NATAS would have lots of turnover in the membership, and yet they have always glommed onto people and keep rewarding them over and over and over and over again.

I am the LAST person in the world to talk shit about Maggie Smith, but, really, she won for the same role last year, a role she could do in her sleep, and Christina Hendricks will never win. I also believe Julie Bowen and Eric Stonestreet are very good comedians but...they have won before, and you're rewarding them again? Why bother having 6 (or 7) actors nominated in these categories if the same people are going to win every time?

Like...Julia Louis-Dreyfus doesn't even need to be in the same SHOW to repeat multiple times. They see her name and they pick her. It doesn't even matter. She could win for a remake of "Triumph of the Will." I just don't understand how 20 years ago she could win for "Seinfeld," 10 years ago for her execrable "Christine" show (which she was awful in), and now again for a show which admittedly I have not seen but can't be any better than "Parks & Rec" and Amy Poehler's work within it. These can't be all the same voters! I'm just...aghast.

LOL. I don't GET IT. :lol:

Hurley
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Like, I love "Mad Men," but I'm impressed that "Homeland" dethroned them, and Damian Lewis beat Cranston for his first "Breaking Bad" loss. It only took FOUR and THREE consecutive wins respectively for the voters to get tired of them.

And "Modern Family" three years in a row even though it was stale in its second season and I didn't even bother for the third season. Come on. It's just nonsense.

ptkten
Sep 24th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Like, I love "Mad Men," but I'm impressed that "Homeland" dethroned them, and Damian Lewis beat Cranston for his first "Breaking Bad" loss. It only took FOUR and THREE consecutive wins respectively for the voters to get tired of them.

And "Modern Family" three years in a row even though it was stale in its second season and I didn't even bother for the third season. Come on. It's just nonsense.

Maybe the Emmy's could institute a rule that performers can only win once for a particular show, it would make the Emmy's much more interesting. You would still have Mad Men and Modern Family winning 5,000 times in a row but at least some of the categories would be interesting.

Beat
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM

why?

here are all the winners:
http://www.imdb.com/emmys/nominations

i haven't seen homeland, but it must be the best show ever if it beats mad men, game of thrones, breaking bad, downton abbey and boardwalk empire :eek: but i'm very happy for danes and lewis (whom i already liked very much in "life").

Roookie
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM

:lol:

Watched some part of it. Happy for Claire Danes and Game Change.

Mynarco
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Claire Danes's acting was dreadful in Stardust, and now she is winning awards left and right :eek:?

Freakan
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I love Modern Family but Julie definitely doesn't deserve 2 awards while Sofia has none and for me Sofia's the biggest star of the show. Same goes for Eric who also has 2 awards now but for me he's the worst adult actor in the series as he's just overdoing everything...

pov
Sep 24th, 2012, 03:58 PM
"Years from now when the Earth is a burning husk and the aliens visit, they'll find a box of these and know just how predictable these fucking things can be."

Hoisting up his award for Best Variety Series—the sixth time he's won that trophy for The Daily Show—Jon Stewart made the shrewd (and hilarious) observation Sunday night at the Emmy Awards. On a night when so many of the winners had won Emmys before, Stewart couldn't be more correct.

As entertainment, this year's Emmy Awards telecast was quite good. Jimmy Kimmel was funny and breezy with his jokes, while the taped bits were all also strong. But as an awards show, this year's Emmy Awards was unforgivably boring.
[]
now it's not just the Emmy nominations that are yawn-inducingly predictable. The winners themselves are, too.

=> http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=468702

Javi.
Sep 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM
The lead comedy winners are terrible. I can't believe Jon Cryer won again :hysteric:

But I'm thrilled with both Damian and Claire winning. They were great in Homeland. Great first Season although Game of Thrones was the best show of the year so it should have won Best Drama.
Modern Family winning again is ok for me.

And wasn't Game Change trashed by the critics? :shrug: As other poster said, it's the typical predictable choice in Picture made for TV: OMG important political theme, let's give it the win. But anyway I'm glad for Julianne Moore.

Roookie
Sep 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM
The lead comedy winners are terrible. I can't believe Jon Cryer won again :hysteric:

But I'm thrilled with both Damian and Claire winning. They were great in Homeland. Great first Season although Game of Thrones was the best show of the year so it should have won Best Drama.
Modern Family winning again is ok for me.

And wasn't Game Change trashed by the critics? :shrug: As other poster said, it's the typical predictable choice in Picture made for TV: OMG important political theme, let's give it the win. But anyway I'm glad for Julianne Moore.

Game Change had excelent reviews by prestigious critics from New York Times and Rolling Stone. To me the movie was AWESOME and it should have been released in theathers.

ukneecorn
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:50 PM
You've got to love the over-reaction to some award show by some people in this thread. Not everyone is going to agree with the winners chosen by the academy but guess what ? not everyone is going to agree with your choice either. :spit: Life isn't fair then why do you expect an awards show to be ? :shrug:

Haverchuck
Sep 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I haven't seen Downton Abbey but Homeland is comfortably the weakest show of the rest. Plus it's on Showtime, which doesn't give me much confidence going forward. Not that it wasn't good, I'm just surprised by all of the love it's been getting.

Javi.
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Game Change had excelent reviews by prestigious critics from New York Times and Rolling Stone. To me the movie was AWESOME and it should have been released in theathers.

I've rechecked the reviews and though they are mostly good there's some division. For an instance, 63% in Rotten Tomatoes is far from "Excellent".

Morning Morgan
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm still appalled by how Fringe has not gotten any love from the Emmys yet. Such incredible acting and writing and yet nothing to show for it.

Hurley
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
You've got to love the over-reaction to some award show by some people in this thread. Not everyone is going to agree with the winners chosen by the academy but guess what ? not everyone is going to agree with your choice either. :spit: Life isn't fair then why do you expect an awards show to be ? :shrug:

One day, when you're on your 9th or 10th username, you'll learn to read. :sad:

ukneecorn
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Or maybe when I am a totally bitter jaded old hag like you ?

Hurley
Sep 24th, 2012, 11:03 PM
For those who can't read: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=468702

So, might not help.

ukneecorn
Sep 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
OMG some other bitter person wrote an article about the "boring" Emmy's ? :eek: Who cares there are 100 other articles celebrating the show and all the award winners ? Because it doesn't fit my agenda I guess we can choose to ignore them.

Tennis Fool
Sep 25th, 2012, 12:47 AM
I'm still appalled by how Fringe has not gotten any love from the Emmys yet. Such incredible acting and writing and yet nothing to show for it.
That's because Fringe is a joke.

delicatecutter
Sep 25th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Homeland deserved every award it won and then some. It is fucking spectacular! :bowdown:

Ryan
Sep 25th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Just, the Emmys are boring. It's just bizarre to me how I've been following them for 20 years now, you'd think NATAS would have lots of turnover in the membership, and yet they have always glommed onto people and keep rewarding them over and over and over and over again.

I am the LAST person in the world to talk shit about Maggie Smith, but, really, she won for the same role last year, a role she could do in her sleep, and Christina Hendricks will never win. I also believe Julie Bowen and Eric Stonestreet are very good comedians but...they have won before, and you're rewarding them again? Why bother having 6 (or 7) actors nominated in these categories if the same people are going to win every time?

Like...Julia Louis-Dreyfus doesn't even need to be in the same SHOW to repeat multiple times. They see her name and they pick her. It doesn't even matter. She could win for a remake of "Triumph of the Will." I just don't understand how 20 years ago she could win for "Seinfeld," 10 years ago for her execrable "Christine" show (which she was awful in), and now again for a show which admittedly I have not seen but can't be any better than "Parks & Rec" and Amy Poehler's work within it. These can't be all the same voters! I'm just...aghast.

LOL. I don't GET IT. :lol:

This just shows how much you suck. JLD is one of the best comedic actresses of the last 25 years. She's great in everything she does, why does it matter if its for different shows? She plays different people/styles on each one, and Veep is great.

Hurley
Sep 25th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Because you're very much incorrect - she was awful, mind-numbingly terrible, in "Christine Whatever." That's why the Emmy voters' brainless checking off of her name every time, no matter what, is an example of their ineptitude, and why I cannot take this win seriously.

Which is what I said the first time, J.D. :-P

Beat
Sep 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM

over-reaction? we just like to discuss things that are close to our hearts, because this is, like, you know, a message board, where people do this kind of thing.

if it bothers you so much that people dare to do this, maybe it's better you close your account again after 69 posts.

Javi.
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:37 AM
over-reaction? we just like to discuss things that are close to our hearts, because this is, like, you know, a message board, where people do this kind of thing.

if it bothers you so much that people dare to do this, maybe it's better you close your account again after 69 posts.

Exactly. To give our opinion about the winners is not overreacting. :facepalm:
Because, in a thread about Emmys we are supposed to give our point of view about Emmys :rolleyes:

pov
Sep 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I wanted to find out more about how the Emmys "work."
The academy has an Awards Committee that handles the Emmys every year. The awards for prime time programs are presented in August or September, and to be eligible, shows had to be aired on broadcast or cable television during prime time (6 p.m. to 2 a.m.) between June1 and May 31. Also, they had to be seen in markets representing at least 51 percent of the television viewers in the United States. People who worked on eligible shows can nominate themselves for awards. Teams of people can enter in more than one category as long as each entry is for a different program. The entrants have to pay a fee, the amount of which is based on whether the nomination is commercial, individual or for a program, and the size of the team for team entries. Entrants can mail or fax in their entries.

Television producers often advertise in the trade press before the Emmy nominations are turned in, trying to get voters to notice their shows. And, of course, after the nominations are announced, more ads go out as the producers promote their shows' nominations.

he academy asks for volunteers among the members to judge the nominees and choose the best in each category. The volunteer judges are grouped by peers, too, and the number of voters in each category varies. But again, everyone votes in the outstanding program categories. In years past, judging panels met in Los Angeles and watched all of the nominated shows and performances in a two-day marathon. Rod Serling, the prolific writer behind the "Twilight Zone" series, devised the judging panel idea in the 1960s, when he was president of the academy. He and others wanted to make sure that the judges actually watched the nominees, rather than just voting for their favorites.

Judging rules can change based on changes in the industry and the needs of the voting body. For example, in 2000, the academy decided to allow members to volunteer to watch tapes of the nominees in their own homes and on their own schedules. This meant that more people could vote in the final process; television critics and others had criticized the former voting procedure, saying that only older people with more time on their hands (that is, not active performers, directors, technicians) would volunteer to participate in an inconvenient, time-consuming judging process. The critics said that the old voting procedure led to some of the best and most daring shows going unrecognized, because the judging panels were older and more conservative. But opponents of the new, more relaxed judging process say that there is no guarantee that the voters will watch the tapes. Essentially, the members are on the honor system.

The article => http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/emmy2.htm

Roookie
Sep 25th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I've rechecked the reviews and though they are mostly good there's some division. For an instance, 63% in Rotten Tomatoes is far from "Excellent".

74 Metacritic :shrug: Also far from "trashed by the critics".

Javi.
Sep 25th, 2012, 08:03 PM
74 Metacritic :shrug: Also far from "trashed by the critics".

Yep, it's true as well.
I guess my perception was conditionated by the opinions of many people I usually rely.
Anyway, There is a real consensus over the great performance by Julianne Moore. I'm so happy, she is one of my favorite actresses ever and she is kind of "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" when it comes to awards. :)