PDA

View Full Version : Covert Affairs on USA: Augie Worship Thread!!!!

VeeJJ
Jul 11th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Does anyone else watch this!?!?!?!?!?!? Though I think it's a poor man's "Alias" it is still one of my favorite shows and it has been getting better as the show is progressing and Annie is becoming more kick ass. Tonight's season premier was EPIC. If you don't you should at least watch it for Augie:

http://images1.cliqueclack.com/tv/files/2011/07/Auggie-Covert-Affairs-425x332.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ljbo09gL1qdp6upo1_500.jpg

MY BODY IS READY!!!!! :lick::lick::lick:

VeeJJ
Jul 14th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Why does no one else watch this? :sad:

ghost world
Jul 14th, 2012, 10:21 PM
There's something off about this show. I'm not sure if it's the budget, cinematography, direction, etc. Something about it is totally unconvincing.

I missed the last couple of episodes of the second season. I was going to catch up, but any enthusiasm I had to do so died when they killed Jai - the show's only prominent character of color, of course. They fuck with his character for two seasons, and then blow his black ass up. Even in death, his character gets no respect, he isn't valued for his contributions. Note how none of his coworkers/friends, not even Annie, give a fuck. They're over it in less than two seconds.

After Season 2, they promised Sendhil a more prominent role in the next one, mind.

I can't fuck with shows that roll like this. I stopped doing so a long time ago, and I'm not about to start again.

The writers were gloating about his death on twitter, too. :rolleyes: :o

Fuck this show.

http://imgur.com/pJCBQ.gif

VeeJJ
Jul 15th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Jesus gurl.

Jai was a douche, I was thrilled when he died.

ghost world
Jul 15th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Um, I'm thinking the problem is Piper Perabo/Annie Walker. She mostly works as a CIA agent when she's a means to an end, a way for the agency to track and lure that other guy (Sam?). Otherwise, this bitch makes no sense. She's an emotional moppet. She jumps and flops around, acting guilty, like a kid caught stealing cheese squares out of the fridge in the dead of night, whenever someone sneaks up behind her while she's obtaining data or whatever. Bitch, your an officer. Why are so many people able to roll up on her in secret, with her totally unaware until they're just about right on her back anyway?

Her tradecraft sucks. She gets entirely too emotional with targets/assets and semi-attractive men. At the drop of a hat, she frequently goes outside of mission protocol, and goes rogue. She runs like a scared child through a crowded market while pursued by armed spies. Simple questions makes her face go all deer-in-the-headlights. She conducts loud-ass conversations about her mission and cover identity in pubic.

She's sloppy as fuck and the show never calls her out on it. Everyone around her treats her like she's a bad bitch.

Oh, and I love how she has a massive head wound one day, a band-aid on the forehead the next day, to no injury by day three. Her sister never noticed a thing!

Tennis Fool
Jul 15th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Nikita, good agent show.
Covert Affairs, bad agent show.