PDA

View Full Version : I'm rooting for Aga on Saturday

heelsrule1988
Jul 5th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I'm sure I'll be the only one, but it's worth making a poll anyway.

Maria Croft
Jul 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Why would I?

Like I care if Serena's serve... I mean of course Serena, wins yet another Slam.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 5th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I won't vote in your poll since I'm not a member of Sharapova's fanbase (although I admire her) and I guess the poll is for Maria fans only. But yes, I'll be rooting for Aga because for the sake of womens tennis I think it's important that we get a good competitive final and not another one sided beatdown. She doesn't HAVE to win for me (I'm ok with either one of them winning it), but I would like to see Radwanska give a good account of herself. So yes, I'll be rooting for her.

Not that I expect all that to be anymore than just wishful thinking because Serena is just too good.

stegall
Jul 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a competitive match,but I would like Serena to win..

NashaMasha
Jul 5th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Wimbledon winners: Serena, Venus, Masha, Martina ,Amelie Lindsay and Petra ...... Radwanska in this row is a disgrace for tennis

perseus2006
Jul 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I would like ARad to win the W Final because she has eeked out so many wins so far this year it just seems that she has put in the work and earning the ultimate reward would be very special. It would be good for the WTA to have a full-time player stop Serenka.

And because it would prevent Serenka from taking another Major and thoroughly humiliate her.

And because it would really put a big wiggly bug in Vika's nose with Aga being W champ and World #1 and, just to make it like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, accomplishing this by beating the player who knocked her out of the tournament. So special!

NashaMasha
Jul 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I would like ARad to win the W Final because she has eeked out so many wins so far this year it just seems that she has put in the work and earning the ultimate reward would be very special. It would be good for the WTA to have a full-time player stop Serenka.

And because it would prevent Serenka from taking another Major and thoroughly humiliate her.

And because it would really put a big wiggly bug in Vika's nose with Aga being W champ and World #1 and, just to make it like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, accomplishing this by beating the player who knocked her out of the tournament. So special!

pls check the draw and tell me who deserves this title more

perseus2006
Jul 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
pls check the draw and tell me who deserves this title more

There is no "deserve" in sports. You get what you earn, generally speaking.

Serenka overwhelmed her opponents with her serve. OK. The fact remains that she is a part timer and her every win makes the WTA look goofy.

Rerun
Jul 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I could never root for Aga, she is the evil

and who cares if Serena will win another slam?
I'm grateful she saved us from Vika's disgrace, now she has to finish the job :)

NashaMasha
Jul 5th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Serenka overwhelmed her opponents with her serve. OK. The fact remains that she is a part timer and her every win makes the WTA look goofy.

it's not Serena who makes WTA look goofy, its the weakest possible WTA .... Stosur, Li NA and Schiavone GS winners with only 3-5 titles in 12-year carriers ......

I could never root for Aga, she is the evil

and who cares if Serena will win another slam?
I'm grateful she saved us from Vika's disgrace, now she has to finish the job :)

exactly

nelsondan
Jul 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I want Maria to win the u. s. open, and get loudest possible applause for doing so.

That would come with beating Wimbledon champion Serena, more than Wimbledon champion Radwanska.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 5th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I will never root for Radwanska. :)

There is no "deserve" in sports. You get what you earn, generally speaking.

Serena's 2012 schedule so far:

Brisbane
Australian Open
Fed Cup (2x)
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon

How is that part-timing? Except for IW, she played every tourney she was supposed to play. :shrug:

Jack89
Jul 5th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I can never root for Radwanska. I just can't.

Plus, I want Maria to end the year No 1 so I need to gap in points between Maria and Aga/Vika to stay as low as possible.

Trih
Jul 5th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I explained better why I won't root for Radwanska in the other thread, so let's just say I'm not a fan of either of them but right now I dislike Radwanska more than every other player :lol:

Lefty.
Jul 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Serena's 2012 schedule so far:

Brisbane
Australian Open
Fed Cup (2x)
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon

How is that part-timing? Except for IW, she played every tourney she was supposed to play. :shrug:

This. And even last year when she could only play from Wimbledon onwards was because of that pulmonary embolism that could have killed her.

Cherry.
Jul 6th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I explained better why I won't root for Radwanska in the other thread, so let's just say I'm not a fan of either of them but right now I dislike Radwanska more than every other player :lol:This.

gc-spurs
Jul 6th, 2012, 12:46 AM
SERENA ALL DAY

Woz = the real no 1 Pole!

Serena beat KvittyGOAT and Vika... She'll womb agatha

dsanders06
Jul 6th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Wimbledon winners: Serena, Venus, Masha, Martina ,Amelie Lindsay and Petra ...... Radwanska in this row is a disgrace for tennis

Grudgingly, I have to agree with this. Tbh, even though I've warmed to Azarenka quite a bit lately, I'm even kind of glad she isn't winning it, because I don't think her game is developed enough yet for her to look right in such elusive company.

Craig.
Jul 6th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Sarin all the fucking way.

Though I have to say it'd be kinda funny if Radwanska won...just to see TF explode :spit:

manojob
Jul 6th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I will support for Aga. But Serena Williams will win the Wimbeldon 2012 title.

Stonerpova
Jul 6th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Radwanska can play basically anyone and I'll root against her :lol:

I'm all for Serena. Can't wait to see the massacre :drool:

lefty24
Jul 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Sometimes I want Aga to lose all most as much as I want Maria to win. Well not that much but still.
I will shoot myself if she Agatha wins. It's already too much of a disgrace that she's in a Wimbledon final.

zigga
Jul 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I could never root for Radwanska. I want Serena to win even though I don't like her either. This final is going to suck :o

DeeHax
Jul 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I hope Serena wins.. it doesn´t matter if we like her or not, she´s the best player in the world IMO!

Advantage Me
Jul 6th, 2012, 09:50 PM
When Serena plays Maria I dislike her intensely but when Serena plays the others especially Vika and Agie, I want her to beat them. I will never ever root for Agie. There's something about her that makes me not want to root for her.

Anyway, she claims she is ill with respiratory problems so she will be far from winning tomorrow.

Tennisvampire
Jul 6th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I could never root for Radwanska. I want Serena to win even though I don't like her either. This final is going to suck :o

Pretty much this! :lol: Honestly, anything but a beatdown will be a surprise for me :rolleyes:

JoPova
Jul 7th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Serena all the way. A proven champion. Moreover, we need to save the #1 ranking from becoming a complete joke! Radwanska is a very good player for sure. It can't be denied, but it's unthinkable to consider her one of those 20 something number ones in history! :hysteric:

perseus2006
Jul 7th, 2012, 01:26 AM
The ARad v Kerber Semi was such a flat match. There was some very good tennis played, some spectacular tennis, in fact, but the match just wasn't entertaining. So different from a Pova match with her shrieking, c'mons, clenched fist, fist pumping, dancing on the baseline, deathstare when serving and that incredulous look on her face when she misses a "sure shot".

Oh, well, the WTA, talking heads, many fans and the majority of TF posters prefer the dour ARad v Kerber match style to Pova's high energy, high intensity, all out, offensive match style.

As a chess afficianado I am often amazed by how silent an intense, mind boggling, tricky and dangerous match can be. Sometimes, after a particularly crushing move I want to jump up and scream: "To the bogs with your nasty pawns!" But not a sound is heard as the winning move is made, the vicious attack thwarted and the irresistable counter attack launched!

Maybe that's why I like Pova so much and all her associated bombastic noise and gestures!

Nonetheless, go ARad.

heelsrule1988
Jul 7th, 2012, 05:05 AM
The results have spoken, and they have spoken loudly. As expected, most of you don't want to see Aga win tomorrow morning. It doesn't appear to be total love for Serena, though... a lot of you seem to be rooting against Aga and not necessarily for Serena. Fair enough, I guess... but I just don't understand those of you that like Serena. How can you root for someone with such little class? Wait, she does have a little class... when she wins. :rolleyes:

I obviously can't stand Serena, so she's the last player I want to see win a Slam (let alone Wimbledon). And unlike practically all of you, I like Aga. I've always wanted to see her break through and win a Slam, but I never thought it would actually happen. Well, here we are. Serena's the heavy favorite, but I think Aga has a chance. Big-hitters like Serena don't like tricky, patient players like Aga... so you never know.

doomsday
Jul 7th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I can never root for Radwanska. I just can't.

Plus, I want Maria to end the year No 1 so I need to gap in points between Maria and Aga/Vika to stay as low as possible.

THIS and it will never change, she can reach as many finals as she wants she is not allowed to win such big titles.

AniaSharapova
Jul 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Sometimes I want Aga to lose all most as much as I want Maria to win.

Same here.I should root for Aga because she's my compatriot and winning Wimbledon would be great success for Polish tennis but I hate this girl so much and I hope Serena will destroy her!

JoPova
Jul 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure I hated Radwanska so much before this year's Miami final! I surely didn't like her, but probably the hate wasn't still so deep! :lol:

domon17th
Jul 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I for one just wished for a competitive final later. Maria could have easily prevented Aga from appearing in the final but is that honestly what you guys want? 24 aces in a straight setter :sobbing:

perseus2006
Jul 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Oh, well, as they say: "shit happens".

heelsrule1988
Jul 8th, 2012, 01:07 AM
It was good to see Aga show some emotion... she seems so stoic most of the time. I remember her doing little celebrating after she beat Maria in Miami earlier this year.