PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Cooper Comes Out

dybbuk
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/07/anderson-cooper-the-fact-is-im-gay.html

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud."

He came out of the glass closet apparently for reals. I wasn't going to post it because he was already out really and I don't really care. But there's a lot of thirsty queens on here. :oh: All I know is the last couple of straight girls who were blind enough to think he was straight give me life.

LeRoy.
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Worst kept secret ever ?

Mynarco
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Who? :sobbing:

Super Dave
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq5qstHKdl1qb3i8oo1_400.gif

Novichok
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
:yawn:

moby
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Nid

Mynarco
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq5qstHKdl1qb3i8oo1_400.gif

First thought he was an actor, but he was a journalist :lol:
sorry

dybbuk
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
:yawn:

I don't get it either. But be nice. You don't know what he means to a lot of white gay boys.

doni1212
Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
We all knew but I'm glad he came out if that makes him more comfortable, :yeah:

Maddox
Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Gorgeous man, he finally came out :yeah: wish him all the best and happiness now that he is out

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Why do so many gay men find him hot... will be a mystery to me always :shrug:

Tennis Fool
Jul 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Gloria Vanderbilt's son.

American royalty. :)

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Why do so many gay men find him hot... will be a mystery to me always :shrug:
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/images/cooper.anderson.b.jpg

Beautiful eyes, a big manish nose, adorable smile with cute little dimples, salt and pepper hair, takes care of his body, smooth skin, snappy dresser, etc... the reasons are endless. I'm sure on the flip side of this, you find some people attractive that many others don't, so why this seems to be a huge mystery to you is a mystery in itself. :p

For me personally, I've always found his attitude on life and just general intelligence to be quite sexy, and then after I read his book I was even more attracted to him as a person. Strictly physically, I think he's above average - nothing special but not by any means unattractive. But beyond that, he has an aura of maturity, compassion and selflessness that I find really sexy. All things considered, he's just...hot.

pov
Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
That is one I wouldn't have guessed. So BTW if it's okay for gays to be happy when a public figure comes out as gay, is anything wrong with straights being upset by the same?

dybbuk
Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
That is one I wouldn't have guessed. So BTW if it's okay for gays to be happy when a public figure comes out as gay, is anything wrong with straights being upset by the same?

These are so obviously false equivalents that I can't even be bothered to get into it with you. It's just you trying to bait in a gay-related thread like always.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
So BTW if it's okay for gays to be happy when a public figure comes out as gay, is anything wrong with straights being upset by the same?
Yes. Because the reason gays are happy when the celebrity in question comes out is because they're being honest with the world about who they are and not being ashamed of it, and the more famous, public figures who do that, the more it will inspire others to follow suit, famous or not.

Conversely, if a straight person is upset by someone coming out, it signifies that a) they aren't okay with the notion that people are gay, and b) their opinion of said person has changed negatively as a result of the coming out. Which, frankly, is bigotry.

You always view these situations where each opinion and the reasons behind said opinions are created equal and the justification need not be taken into account, just the emotions themselves. And that's simply not the case. You need to actually go deeper and analyze WHY people feel how they feel.

Novichok
Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:45 PM

Why would they be upset? If I were in a suit that covered my entire body, should non-black people be upset when I undress and reveal myself to be black? :confused:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:45 PM
These are so obviously false equivalents that I can't even be bothered to get into it with you. It's just you trying to bait in a gay-related thread like always.
Exactly. :lol: Never seen such a tendency to draw false equivalents from anyone, ever.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 3rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
I thought he came out already?:confused: Oh well, at least a confirmation.:oh:

HippityHop
Jul 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
I thought it was common knowledge. After all the zeitgeist nowadays is not like it was when women were creaming their panties over Rock Hudson and Raymond Burr. :tape:

Olórin
Jul 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM

Did your father used to cheat on your mother with many different men? I'm trying to figure out what your problem with homosexuality is?

*JR*
Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Gloria Vanderbilt's son.

American royalty. :)

That and his star status on CNN meant that he could have (and arguably, should have) come out several years ago. But instead of helping make it easier for gays without such assurance of "wealth and influence", he waited until it was a :yawn:. Sorry Andy, you waited until it was not a "badge of courage".

Even CNN's Don Lemon (who has nowhere near Anderson Cooper's status) did so previously. And in Congress it wasn't just a Barney Frank who was "outed by circumstance" long ago; Jared Polis (D-CO) is also "out", in his case voluntarily. [Former House member Steve Gunderson (R-WI) was outed, as I recall.].

Slammer7
Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:59 PM
I thought it was common knowledge. After all the zeitgeist nowadays is not like it was when women were creaming their panties over Rock Hudson and Raymond Burr. :tape:

Who the hell ever creamed their pants over Raymond Burr? :unsure: :tape:

dybbuk
Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
That and his star status on CNN meant that he could have (and arguably, should have) come out several years ago. But instead of helping make it easier for gays without such assurance of "wealth and influence", he waited until it was a :yawn:. Sorry Andy, you waited until it was not a "badge of courage".

Even CNN's Don Lemon (who has nowhere near Anderson Cooper's status) did so previously. And in Congress it wasn't just a Barney Frank who was "outed by circumstance" long ago; Jared Polis (D-CO) is also "out", in his case voluntarily. [Former House member Steve Gunderson (R-WI) was outed, as I recall.].

There's no "should have." Neither he nor Don nor any other LGBT person has to come out. We don't know any of their personal circumstances. Some of the gay people (albeit a minority) that have been going after Anderson for not coming out before now are a disgrace.

cowsonice
Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
I heard he could've come out earlier had it not been for conflict of interest/bias in breaking certain stories. That's a bit understandable in today's time, maybe not 20 years in the future.

Brooklyn90
Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
About time ;) happy for him :hug:
sexy silver fox :drool:

wta_zuperfann
Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
He is a registered Republicans and for some reason that party likes to keep things like this a big secret. That's probably why he kept it "hidden".

kwilliams
Jul 3rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
I think for every Perez Hilton that comes out, it's good to have two Anderson Coopers to come out. Keeps the ratio healthy :)

Maybe Perez Hilton never had to come out though. I probably should've chosen a better example. Oh well, it's good to keep the ratio of admirable and not so admirable gay people in the public eye healthy.

LeRoy.
Jul 4th, 2012, 12:37 AM
He is a registered republican ? :speakles:

WowWow
Jul 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM
He is a registered republican ? :speakles:

+1 :speakles:

NoppaNoppa
Jul 4th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Slow newsday? If he had annouced he is straight that would have been newsworthy.

LeRoy.
Jul 4th, 2012, 01:12 AM
http://www.mail-archive.com/alexbennettprogram@googlegroups.com/msg00654.html

According to this, Cooper is a republican. Not sure how credible the source is but still i am shocked someone like him is a republican. Shepard Smith saying he is a republican wouldn't shock me but this is :eek:

dybbuk
Jul 4th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Even if he's is/was a Republican he's pretty obviously against the Tea Party turn it's taken. He's made fun of them before. Who knows when he registered.

Nicolás89
Jul 4th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Did your father used to cheat on your mother with many different men? I'm trying to figure out what your problem with homosexuality is?

He doesn't have any. He just likes to pick up random arguments with people. He knows homosexuality is THE issue for most posters here. :lol:

Sally Struthers
Jul 4th, 2012, 05:23 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/306693_10151095793831457_464555850_n.jpg

moby
Jul 4th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson is Republican. He's a Vanderbilt after all. Like most ridiculously rich people, he's probably a fiscal conservative.

Andrew Sullivan, the gay columnist who procured Anderson's coming-out email, is Republican himself.

I'd say he's a libertarian who defaults to Republican because he's rich enough that social policies don't affect him personally.
He's not a right-wing extremist tard in any case though.

Talula
Jul 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I don't even know who he is!

Talula
Jul 4th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson is Republican. He's a Vanderbilt after all. Like most ridiculously rich people, he's probably a fiscal conservative.

Andrew Sullivan, the gay columnist who procured Anderson's coming-out email, is Republican himself.

I'd say he's a libertarian who defaults to Republican because he's rich enough that social policies don't affect him personally.
He's not a right-wing extremist tard in any case though.

Why wouldn't he be? Lots of gay men I know are Tories! Most gay men have had to build careers and lives with no help from anyone, in fact they've had to overcome many obstacles. And then they have to dish out tax for the lazy parents who aren't fit to have kids. I can understand fully why many gay people are naturally right wing: independence, self-supporting, work hard, making it against the odds. While others are always waiting for hand outs and expect the easy route in life.

Olórin
Jul 4th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Why wouldn't he be? Lots of gay men I know are Tories! Most gay men have had to build careers and lives with no help from anyone, in fact they've had to overcome many obstacles. And then they have to dish out tax for the lazy parents who aren't fit to have kids. I can understand fully why many gay people are naturally right wing: independence, self-supporting, work hard, making it against the odds. While others are always waiting for hand outs and expect the easy route in life.

Yes, maybe the Tories actually recognise this, hence the leadership pushing for gay marriage asap.

Sadly, judging from the Mitt Romney soundbites, the situation is a little more backwards - politically, socially etc. - with the conservatives in America. In that sense I find it surprising that anyone gay would support a political party who would discriminate based on your sexuality.