PDA

View Full Version : Nora Ephron died at the age of 71

tennis-insomniac
Jun 28th, 2012, 05:44 AM
:sad: I feel so sad. I just learn she had been suffering from acute myeloid leukemia of which on of its complications, pneumonia, is the result of her death.

I love her wit and warmth. Julie&Julia is my favorite movie...this news is shocking and sudden to me. RIP Nora Ephron.

Her works as screenplay writers include Silkwood, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally..., and Heartburn which is also her semi-biography. She was nominated three times for Academy Awards in writing original screenplays category :worship:

She is also one of Meryl closest friends.
M4Moh-Sw7xE

RIP

AliceMariaRenka
Jun 28th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Very sad. So talented. And she must have had guts - being a woman in Hollywood behind the camera is not easy. Didn't her husband leave her a couple of years ago - she wrote Something's Got To Give about it if I recall correctly. As I say, very sad.

tennis-insomniac
Jun 28th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Very sad. So talented. And she must have had guts - being a woman in Hollywood behind the camera is not easy. Didn't her husband leave her a couple of years ago - she wrote Something's Got To Give about it if I recall correctly. As I say, very sad.

yeah, she made a movie about it, Heartburn starred Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson. She is a brilliant filmmaker. Much respect.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Very sad :awww: :hug: I just looked at her filmography and was amazed at how many movies I loved she either wrote, directed and/or produced. Sleepless In Seattle is one of my fave movies of all time. I also loved This Is My Life starring Julie Kavner ( best known as the voice of Marge Simpson ).

Sammo
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I didn't really know her too much but I had seen a couple of videos of her in youtube and she was truly hilarious, and classy. She will be missed...

McPie
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
:awww:

Super Dave
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Some tough times at the end... RIP :sad: