PDA

View Full Version : Mixed doubles

the jackal
Jun 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Has anyone figured out which are the likely top teams with direct entry in mixed doubles (assuming everyone eligible plays)? I just want to know how far Bhupati-Mirza will be from the cut-off...I think this pairing is better than Paes-Mirza.

hellas719
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I think they do it with a combined ranking so Mirza/Bhupathi should easily qualify as only 1 team per NOC ;)

the jackal
Jun 27th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Isnt it 2 teams per NOC?
Also, does anyone know whether they will take June 11th rankings for deciding the entry for mixed doubles, or the most recent rankings? And are singles and doubles rankings treated at par (Serena and Bryan will then have a combined ranking of 6+3=9)?

If the above is correct, then the 12 teams I get which have direct acceptance are:
myrni-azarenka
bryan-williams
bryan-huber/raymond
zimonic-jankovic
djokovic-ivanovic
matkowski/frystenberg-radwanska
bracciali-vinci/errani
nadal-martinez-sanchez (what was M-sanchez' ranking on June 11th?)
ferrer-llogestra vives
berdych-hradecka
stepanek-peshke
potro-dulko

petzner-kerber*
Bhupati-mirza*

Would anyone care to verify? :) And does anyone know if any of these players will not be playing mixed doubles?

Meelis
Jun 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
The ITF will select doubles teams for direct acceptance from mixed doubles entries comprising players accepted in the singles and/or men’s/women’s doubles events, received from National Associations no later than Tuesday 31 July 2012 at 11.00, taking into account the recognised international singles and doubles computer rankings of 11 June 2012. A maximum of two (2) women and two (2) men, two (2) mixed doubles teams, from any one country may compete in the mixed doubles event.

Four (4) ITF Places shall be selected for the mixed doubles event. Selection will be based on the recognised international computer rankings and geographical location.

Tennis Observer
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Isnt it 2 teams per NOC?
Yes, maximum two teams per NOC (Regulations 2012 Olympic event, p 8 & 10 (http://2012.itftennis.com/media/111275/111275.pdf)) .
Also, does anyone know whether they will take June 11th rankings for deciding the entry for mixed doubles, or the most recent rankings?
For direct acceptance: Ranking as of 6/11/12 (p 10);
For Seeding: The selection of seeds for the Doubles events will be at the discretion of the ITF, however the latest available recognized international computer rankings shall be a primary, but not sole, basis for such selections. (p 16)

And are singles and doubles rankings treated at par (Serena and Bryan will then have a combined ranking of 6+3=9)?
According to ITF communications, direct acceptances will be based on the combined world rankings of each pair, with each player using the better of their singles and doubles world ranking. E.g., if DTB will nominate Angelique Kerber/Philipp Petzschner, their combined ranking is 27 (9+18). Looking at the entry list you created, I am under the impression you have adjust it accordingly.

the jackal
Jun 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks!

I didnt have the June 11th WTA rankings, so I used the June 25th ones for my list. Kerber was 8th in that. So if Kerber/ Petzschner is 27, that puts them behind Bhupathi/Mirza :)

Do you know where the June 11th rankings are available?

guichard
Jun 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks!

I didnt have the June 11th WTA rankings, so I used the June 25th ones for my list. Kerber was 8th in that. So if Kerber/ Petzschner is 27, that puts them behind Bhupathi/Mirza :)

Do you know where the June 11th rankings are available?
Here http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/Notes&Netcords/2012/june11.pdf starting at page 5 (top 100 singles + top 50 doubles)

guichard
Jun 27th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Isnt it 2 teams per NOC?
Also, does anyone know whether they will take June 11th rankings for deciding the entry for mixed doubles, or the most recent rankings? And are singles and doubles rankings treated at par (Serena and Bryan will then have a combined ranking of 6+3=9)?

If the above is correct, then the 12 teams I get which have direct acceptance are:
myrni-azarenka
bryan-williams
bryan-huber/raymond
zimonic-jankovic
djokovic-ivanovic
matkowski/frystenberg-radwanska
bracciali-vinci/errani
nadal-martinez-sanchez (what was M-sanchez' ranking on June 11th?)
ferrer-llogestra vives
berdych-hradecka
stepanek-peshke
potro-dulko

petzner-kerber*
Bhupati-mirza*

Would anyone care to verify? :) And does anyone know if any of these players will not be playing mixed doubles?
Don't think Nadal and Djokovic will play mixed doubles. Sepanek will play with Kvitova and Zimonji/Ivanovic.

kapil857
Jun 28th, 2012, 12:15 AM
The most likely Mixed Doubles field:

1) Azarenka - Mirnyi (BLR) --> Combined Rank 3 ---> Playing Wimbledon together hence likely to play Olympics
2) Bob Bryan - Huber (USA) ---> Rank 4 ---> Playing Wimbledon
3) Mike Bryan - Raymond (USA) ----> Rank 4 ----> Playing Wimbledon, USA may include Serena Williams as part of one of the pairs but they will most definitely field 2 pairs whatever the combination
4) Stephanek - Kvitova (CZE) ----> Rank 17 ----> Announced they will play ---> http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=16491&zoneid=4
5) Paes - Mirza (Rank 19) or Bhupathi-Mirza (Rank 26) (IND)
6) Ivanovic - Zimonjic (SRB) ----> Rank 20 ---> Announced they will play ---> http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/27401
7) Dulko - Del Potro (ARG) ---> Rank 23 ----> Announced they will play ---> http://www.ubitennis.com/english/sport/tennis/2012/04/21/700849-potro_dulko_will_play_olympics_together.shtml
8) Vinci - Braccialli (ITA) ---> Rank 25 ---> Playing Wimbledon
9) Kerber - Petzchner (GER) ----> Rank 27 ----> Playing Wimbledon ----> Announced they want to play ----> https://twitter.com/svenja_sportch/statuses/217717232002809857

Other likely entries
10) Radwanska - Frystenberg (POL) - Rank 12 - Sure to qualify but Radwanska may not play
11) Berdych - Hradecka (CZE) - Rank 20 - Sure to qualify but Berdych may not play
12) Llagostera Vives - Almagro (ESP) - Rank 27 - Pretty sure to qualify, Almagro can step in if Nadal and Ferrer don't want to play 3 events
13) Jankovic - Tipsarevic (SRB) - Rank 30 - Novak has indicated he may not play Mixed. Tipseravic may step in but unlikely
14) Tomic -Stosur (AUS) - Rank 32 - Announced that they may play - http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/tennis/14047696/stosur-to-lead-aussie-olympic-charge/
15) Lisicki - Kas (GER) - Rank 37 - Have not announced anything and may not qualify
16) Nicolescu - Tecau (ROU) - Rank 40 - Have not announced anything and may not qualify
17) Parra Santonja - Verdasco (ESP) - Rank 41 - May not qualify
18) Errani - Fognini (ITA) - Rank 45 - Playing Wimbledon but may not qualify for Olympics - Errani and Seppi have rank of 27 and are likely to qualify if they want to play
19) Shvedova - Kuluskin (KAZ) - Rank 57 - Playing Wimbledon but may not qualify for Olympics
20) Lindstedt - Arviddson (SWE) - Rank 58 - Playing Wimbledon but may not qualify for Olympics

Likely Wild Cards - Britain (hosts), Tunisia (only African team), Australia if they dont qualify directly (only Oceania team)

kapil857
Jun 28th, 2012, 12:24 AM
The entire possible list of entries is as follows

Tennis Observer
Jun 28th, 2012, 01:03 AM
My two cents:

Victoria Azarenka/Max Mirnyi (BLR – 3 = 2+1)
Liezel Huber/Bob Bryan (USA – 4 = 1+3)
Lisa Raymond/Mike Bryan (USA – 4 = 1+3)
Agnieszka Radwanska/Marcin Matkowski (POL – 11 = 3+8)
Petra Kvitova/Radek Stepanek (CZE – 17= 4+13)
Sania Mirza/Leander Paes (IND – 19 = 12+7)
Ana Ivanovic/Nenad Zimonjic (SRB – 20 = 14+6)
Lucie Hradecka/Tomas Berdych (CZE – 20 = 13+7)
Gisela Dulko/Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG – 23 = 14+9)
Roberta Vinci/Danielle Bracciali (ITA – 25 = 4+21)
Angelique Kerber/Philipp Petzschner (GER – 27 = 9+18)
Samantha Stosur/Bernard Tomic (AUS – 32 = 5+27)

guichard
Jun 28th, 2012, 01:58 PM
The most likely Mixed Doubles field:

1) Azarenka - Mirnyi (BLR) --> Combined Rank 3 ---> Playing Wimbledon together hence likely to play Olympics
2) Bob Bryan - Huber (USA) ---> Rank 4 ---> Playing Wimbledon
3) Mike Bryan - Raymond (USA) ----> Rank 4 ----> Playing Wimbledon, USA may include Serena Williams as part of one of the pairs but they will most definitely field 2 pairs whatever the combination
4) Stephanek - Kvitova (CZE) ----> Rank 17 ----> Announced they will play ---> http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=16491&zoneid=4
5) Paes - Mirza (Rank 19) or Bhupathi-Mirza (Rank 26) (IND)
6) Ivanovic - Zimonjic (SRB) ----> Rank 20 ---> Announced they will play ---> http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/27401
7) Dulko - Del Potro (ARG) ---> Rank 23 ----> Announced they will play ---> http://www.ubitennis.com/english/sport/tennis/2012/04/21/700849-potro_dulko_will_play_olympics_together.shtml
8) Vinci - Braccialli (ITA) ---> Rank 25 ---> Playing Wimbledon
9) Kerber - Petzchner (GER) ----> Rank 27 ----> Playing Wimbledon ----> Announced they want to play ----> https://twitter.com/svenja_sportch/statuses/217717232002809857

Other likely entries
10) Radwanska - Frystenberg (POL) - Rank 12 - Sure to qualify but Radwanska may not play
11) Berdych - Hradecka (CZE) - Rank 20 - Sure to qualify but Berdych may not play
12) Llagostera Vives - Almagro (ESP) - Rank 27 - Pretty sure to qualify, Almagro can step in if Nadal and Ferrer don't want to play 3 events
13) Jankovic - Tipsarevic (SRB) - Rank 30 - Novak has indicated he may not play Mixed. Tipseravic may step in but unlikely
14) Tomic -Stosur (AUS) - Rank 32 - Announced that they may play - http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/tennis/14047696/stosur-to-lead-aussie-olympic-charge/
15) Lisicki - Kas (GER) - Rank 37 - Have not announced anything and may not qualify
16) Nicolescu - Tecau (ROU) - Rank 40 - Have not announced anything and may not qualify
17) Parra Santonja - Verdasco (ESP) - Rank 41 - May not qualify
18) Errani - Fognini (ITA) - Rank 45 - Playing Wimbledon but may not qualify for Olympics - Errani and Seppi have rank of 27 and are likely to qualify if they want to play
19) Shvedova - Kuluskin (KAZ) - Rank 57 - Playing Wimbledon but may not qualify for Olympics
20) Lindstedt - Arviddson (SWE) - Rank 58 - Playing Wimbledon but may not qualify for Olympics

Likely Wild Cards - Britain (hosts), Tunisia (only African team), Australia if they dont qualify directly (only Oceania team)
It was announced already that Lindstedt-Arvidsson will play . If they don't get in, they will get an ITF Place(Wild Card)

Yuri_Bot
Jun 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM
how will be take place seeding? by doubles rating?

Kris
Jun 29th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Perhaps Görges/Kas?

Meelis
Jun 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
how will be take place seeding? by doubles rating?

i) The selection of seeds for the Singles events shall be made by the
Referee based on the latest available recognised international
singles computer rankings. The selection of seeds for the Doubles
events will be at the discretion of the ITF, however the latest
available recognised international computer rankings shall be a
primary, but not sole, basis for such selections.

Yuri_Bot
Jun 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Meelis, thanks

croat123
Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:58 AM
doesn't some combo or Dodig/Martic or Cilic/Martic have a shot?

guichard
Jul 2nd, 2012, 02:02 AM
Not really

Yuri_Bot
Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
when will be announced the official compositions for mixed? Thanks in advance for reply :)

guichard
Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:40 PM
when will be announced the official compositions for mixed? Thanks in advance for reply :)
Afternoon or Evening of July 31. Mixed dls start August 1st

ViennaCalling
Jul 15th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Tamira would play with Melzer if they make the Cut.

bbypk
Jul 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Don't think Nadal and Djokovic will play mixed doubles. Sepanek will play with Kvitova and Zimonji/Ivanovic.

Nadal has said that he will play Mixed just if he lose early in Singles & Doubles.
We think (but not hope) that Anabel Medina and Fernando Verdasco will play.

guichard
Jul 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Nadal has said that he will play Mixed just if he lose early in Singles & Doubles.
We think (but not hope) that Anabel Medina and Fernando Verdasco will play.
Yes but that's the case for few players.

Drake1980
Jul 16th, 2012, 04:20 PM
So no Serena?

guichard
Jul 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
So no Serena?
Probably not but if she loses early in singles or doubles it may change

ktoles2005
Jul 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Any chance we will see a Canadian Mixed Team? Ala Wozniak/Nestor?

guichard
Jul 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Any chance we will see a Canadian Mixed Team? Ala Wozniak/Nestor?
They will need a WC

Yuri_Bot
Jul 16th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Juan Martin del Potro says, that he will play mixed doubles with Gisela Dulko at the Olympics

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/tenis/Ganar-medalla-historico_0_737926295.html

kapil857
Jul 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Hey bbypk, any news on Almagro in mixed doubles? He is after all higher ranked than Verdasco and currently playing just singles - and even qualification would be tougher for Verdasco as the Spanish mixed doubles teams, without Nadal and Ferrer, are likely to be on the edge of qualification. Also, what about Llagostera Vives - the highest ranked Spanish female player (albeit in doubles). I am asking you specifically as I don't speak Spanish and hence it is much more difficult to google search these things when most news articles originating from Spain are in Spanish.

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 18th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I hope Nuri is selected for mixed too! :scared: :hysteric: :bowdown:

RogGOAT
Jul 18th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I think Stosur will play with Hewitt, but they will need an invitation, with Tomic, Stosur will not have a chance to win a medal.

Johny
Jul 18th, 2012, 08:02 PM
No because Petra agreed to play doubles with Karlovic if he gets better from injury.
My pick would be Dodig/Martic since he is doing very good in doubles these days.

Shrewd Tennis
Jul 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Really hope Stosur and Hewitt get a wc, would be great if Hewitt could win a medal as a last hurrah.

We have an entry about the mixed doubles teams with some interesting info is anyone would like to read.

http://www.shrewdtennis.com/tennis-potential-mixed-doubles-teams-2012-olympic-games/

kr1s71an
Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
I hope Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova will get a WC for the mixed doubles. They said a couple of times that they want to play mixed, but with their ranking they will need a WC for sure :)

Caipirinha Guy
Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Only 2 WC so people don't hope for too much (one for sure will go to Brits).

coolfish1103
Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:29 AM
Only 2 WC so people don't hope for too much (one for sure will go to Brits).

It should be 12 direct acceptances and 4 itf places.

Stadia
Jul 23rd, 2012, 03:32 AM
I think they will give 1 ITF Place to these two:
a. Australia/Kazakhstan (best Asian/Oceania team, aside from India, who will be directly in)
b. Great Britain

I also think that there will be two Mixed spots for USA and ESP, maybe CZE (apparently NOCs are allowed 2 mixed doubles spots).

I was hoping for Nishikori/Date-Krumm, too bad it will never happen :sobbing:

Firas
Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
I think they will give 1 ITF Place to these two:
a. Australia/Kazakhstan (best Asian/Oceania team, aside from India, who will be directly in)
b. Great Britain

I also think that there will be two Mixed spots for USA and ESP, maybe CZE (apparently NOCs are allowed 2 mixed doubles spots).

I was hoping for Nishikori/Date-Krumm, too bad it will never happen :sobbing:

hopefully they will give 1 ITF place to the only african team Malek Jaziri and Ons Jabeur :bounce:

joe121
Jul 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
yes Bhupati-Mirza they are the best ones but don't forget Bob Bryan - Huber and Mike Bryan - Raymond they are also good ones.

thanks!!

tennis for older people over 50 (http://fitnessbooksonline.com.au/ccp0-prodshow/playing-tennis-after-50-kathy-ron-woods.html)

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Anyone knows when's mixed draw done? :shrug:

guichard
Jul 27th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Anyone knows when's mixed draw done? :shrug:
Midday July 31

Juju Nostalgique
Jul 27th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Midday July 31

Thank you! :smooch:

guichard
Jul 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Berdych is possibility now maybe with Lucie H or Andrea

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free

Caipirinha Guy
Jul 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM
A.Radwanska/Matkowski is now an official entry.

Uranium
Jul 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Ew. I hate how these countries like to take good spots away. Matkowski is a fucking cow and sucks in Mixed. They have no chance. And Berdych too.:o

JustAileen
Jul 30th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Does anyone know which team will be playing for GB?

Kris
Jul 30th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Does anyone know which team will be playing for GB?

I think Robson/Murray

JustAileen
Jul 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I think Robson/Murray

I'd really love to see that. Depends mostly on Andy want it or not though..

Firas
Jul 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
No news about WCs ??

guichard
Jul 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM
No news about WCs ??
They will announce the teams and WCs tomorrow

Caipirinha Guy
Jul 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
It is difficult to be talking about WCs if even all direct-md team are unknown. The only sure WC is Arvidsson/Linstedt

guichard
Jul 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM
It is difficult to be talking about WCs if even all direct-md team are unknown. The only sure WC is Arvidsson/Linstedt
Likely Jabeur/Jaziri but we will see tomorrow

Javi.
Jul 30th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Hopefully another WC for Pironkova/Dimitrov, I'd love that team.

kr1s71an
Jul 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hopefully another WC for Pironkova/Dimitrov, I'd love that team.
I really hope they will get one WC after their disappointing losses in singles yesterday :) A lot of the countries have players in mens/womens doubles, but Bulgaria can only have one mixed doubles team :)

After all Grigor is junior Wimbledon champion, Pironkova reached SF and QF in 2010 and 2011 and at Hopman cup they won all of their three matches (vs. Kvitova/Berdych, Wozniacki/Nielsen and Fish/Matek-Sands) even though they were playing together for the first time :)

Really hope they can get one of the WC, but I don't really see that happening. They will probably give them to Great Britain, Tunisia, Sweden and some other team :(

Firas
Jul 31st, 2012, 09:41 AM
The draw for the mixed doubles is taking place at 3pm today

Caipirinha Guy
Jul 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM
3pm London time?

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 10:34 AM
3pm London time?

Yes

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free

Firas
Jul 31st, 2012, 11:18 AM
No Serena in Olympic mixed doubles despite early-season chatter.
US teams: Mike Bryan-Raymond & Bob Bryan-Huber

kitasss_vlc
Jul 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM
I don't know if Spain will finally get a spot in the draw... but it's official that Nuria Llagostera won't play it...:sad:

ChrisCologne
Jul 31st, 2012, 11:30 AM
It was obvious as those 2 teams will get top seeds. Serena´s seed with either Isner or Roddick would have been unseeded.

ChrisCologne
Jul 31st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Top seeds most likely will be the US and Azarenak/Mirnyi.

ChrisCologne
Jul 31st, 2012, 11:31 AM
I´d be happy if Petzsche/Kerber would draw Del Potro/Dulko and beat those and have a QF in store. I pray for a nice draw for the Germans ...

kapil857
Jul 31st, 2012, 12:10 PM
Based on the information provided by people on this forum, other media sources and the rankings on the qualification date of Jun 11 - the following teams are confirmed in mixed doubles.

1) Azarenka - Mirnyi (BLR) --> Combined Rank 3
2) Bob Bryan - Huber (USA) ---> Rank 4
3) Mike Bryan - Raymond (USA) ----> Rank 4
4) Radwanska - Matkowski (POL) ----> Rank 11
5) Stephanek - Kvitova (CZE) ----> Rank 17
6) Paes - Mirza (IND) ----> Rank 19
7) Ivanovic - Zimonjic (SRB) ----> Rank 20
8) Dulko - Del Potro (ARG) ---> Rank 23
9) Kerber - Petzchner (GER) ----> Rank 27

Other likely entries

10) Vinci - Braccialli (ITA) ---> Rank 25 ---> Played Wimbledon
11) Berdych - Hradecka (CZE) ---> Rank 20 - Berdych may play now as he lost Singles
12) Jankovic - Djokovic (Rank 23) or Jankovic - Tipsarevic (Rank 30) - Novak lost in doubles and hence may play mixed
13) Errani - Seppi (ITA) ---> Rank 27
14) A Spanish Team - if Nuria is not playing then best possible ranking is Ferrer - Parra Santonja at rank 31 - however Spain will not qualify if 3 of the above teams decide to play.

May get in if others withdraw

14) Tomic -Stosur (AUS) - Rank 32
15) Lisicki - Kas (GER) - Rank 37
16) Shvedova - Kuluskin (KAZ) - Rank 57
17) Lindstedt - Arviddson (SWE) - Rank 58

Likely Wild Cards - Britain (hosts), Tunisia (only African team), Australia (possibly Stosur-Hewitt) if they dont qualify directly (only Oceania team), Sweden

C.MARTINEZ
Jul 31st, 2012, 12:31 PM
The spanish duo is probabably - Martinez Sánchez/Granollers

kitasss_vlc
Jul 31st, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm affraid Spain won't have a spot in the mixed doubles draw :sad:

Caipirinha Guy
Jul 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Kvitova is not playing mixed afterall. Hlavackova or Hradecka will play.
Also Niculescu is not competing at Olympics.

kapil857
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sorry about Nicolescu - forgot that she withrew...and you sure Kvitova has backed out?...are both Hradecka and Hlavackova playing then with Berdych and Stephanek or only one with Stephanek????

Pep Guti
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:03 PM
Uff I hope Spain has a place!

Uranium
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:03 PM
Hradecka is the better choice for Mixed IMO. And Martinez Sanchez/Granollers would be such an annoying team:haha:

Firas
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Andy Murray to play mixed doubles with Laura Robson. GB had to rely on ITF place

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Excepted, ITF Place A Murray-robson

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Notable Mixed Doubles pairs: Hewitt/Stosur, Dulko/DelPo, Azarenka/Mirnyi, Robson/Murray, Raymond/Bryan, Huber/Bryan, Zimonjic/Ivanovic

ViennaCalling
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Did Melzer/Paszek get a WC?

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Oh god Firas we are both watching out for this

Firas
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Oh god Firas we are both watching out for this

hahah i'm waiting for an ITF place for Tunisia :(

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Did Melzer/Paszek get a WC?
We will know soon but Hewitt/Stosur , Robson/Murray have defenitly got one

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:33 PM
wildcards gemengd dubbel voor Arvidsson/Lindstedt, Murray/Robson, Vesnina/Youzhny en Hewitt/Stosur https://twitter.com/walterwauters/status/230294564823523328

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Is draw just random without seeds (with no doubles from same country in same half), or there will be just 2 seeded teams, 4 (most logical) or even 8 seeded mixed-doubles (half of all)?

Lisickinator
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:35 PM
4 seeds

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:36 PM
4 seeds
Thanks... its fair for 16-draw.

Pep Guti
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:44 PM
It's official: Martínez/Granollers first alternate!

OMG what a disaster, with Almagro/Llagostera will be in!

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:45 PM
Mixed draw entry list: Dulko/del Potro, Stosur/Hewitt (WC), Azarenka/Mirnyi, Hradecka/Stepanek, Kerber/Petzschner; Lisicki/Kas , Robson/A Murray (WC), Mirza/Paes, Vinci/Bracciali; Errani/Seppi, Radwanska/Matkowski, Vesnina/Youzhny (WC) Ivanovic/Zimonjic, Arvidsson/Lindstedt (WC), Raymond/M Bryan, Huber/B Bryan.

Alternates: Martinez Sanchez / Granollers, IBegu / Tecau, Wozniak / Nestor, Jans-Ignacik / Fyrstenberg
http://2012.itftennis.com/olympics/news/articles/london-2012-day-4-draw-for-mixed-doubles-today.aspx

chicharito
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Entry list

- Argentina: Gisela Dulko / Juan Martin del Potro
- Australia: Samantha Stosur / Lleyton Hewitt (ITF Place)
- Belarus: Victoria Azarenka / Max Mirnyi
- Czech Republic: Lucie Hradecka / Radek Stepanek
- Germany: Angelique Kerber / Philipp Petzschner
- Germany: Sabine Lisicki / Christopher Kas
- Great Britain: Laura Robson / Andy Murray (ITF Place)
- India: Sania Mirza / Leander Paes
- Italy: Roberta Vinci / Daniele Bracciali
- Italy: Sara Errani / Andreas Seppi
- Poland: Agnieszka Radwanska / Marcin Matkowski
- Russia: Elena Vesnina / Mikhail Youzhny (ITF Place)
- Serbia: Ana Ivanovic / Nenad Zimonjic
- Sweden: Sofia Arvidsson / Robert Lindstedt (ITF Place)
- USA: Lisa Raymond / Mike Bryan
- USA: Liezel Huber / Bob Bryan

Alternate list

1. Spain: Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez / Marcel Granollers
2. Romania: Irina-Camelia Begu / Horia Tecau
3. Canada: Aleksandra Wozniak / Daniel Nestor
4. Poland: Klaudia Jans-Ignacik / Mariusz Fyrstenberg

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:47 PM
ITF Olympic Tennis ‏@OlympicsTennis

The draw for the Olympic mixed doubles event will take place shortly @Wimbledon - view the full entry list here http://tiny.cc/jdcbiw
Draw will be released very soon.

Sonf@
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Llagostera/Granollers could've got in too above Lisicki and Kas (combined rank of 35 vs 37) :facepalm:

Wiggly
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Nestor is Wolrd's #1. Has to be in the draw.

kitasss_vlc
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:49 PM
what a shame Spain didn't get a spot in the draw... can't believe it... I just hope Kerber and Lisicki win today against Williams sisters in doubles (yes, I know... almost impossible) and one of them retire from mixed draw...

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:52 PM
Llagostera/Granollers could've got in too above Lisicki and Kas (combined rank of 35 vs 37) :facepalm:
Strange decision...

Sonf@
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Actually, isn't Kas and Lisicki's combined ranking around 53? Lisicki was #17 and Kas #36 in the last published rankings (#20 and #38 in this week's ones)

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Actually, isn't Kas and Lisicki's combined ranking around 53? Lisicki was #17 and Kas #36 in the last published rankings (#20 and #38 in this week's ones)
No, Lisciki was #15 and Kas #22 on June 11

Sonf@
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Alright then. Maria Jose and Marcel were #47 together on June 11

But Nuria and Marcel were #35, so stupid Spanish Tennis Federation! :fiery: :fiery:

Thanks, anyway! ;)

Javi.
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Spanish Federation is so retarded :weirdo:

kitasss_vlc
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:08 PM
Arantxa Sánchez Vicario is there, right? :rolleyes:

Blu€
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:12 PM
:facepalm: Spain! :o

Though I wanted Woz/Nielsen :sad:

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:16 PM
:facepalm: Spain! :o

Though I wanted Woz/Nielsen :sad:
Only players which already compete in singles or doubles can complete in mixed-doubles (Nielsen can't compete only in mixed-doubles). That's why they give Mirza WC in womens doubles to "compete" with out of TOP400 compatriot.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:23 PM
waiting for the draw, good luck to the poles :)

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:32 PM
Vesnina/Youzhny vs Del Po/dulko first round https://twitter.com/VladasLasitskas/status/230309252177219584

guichard
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:33 PM
The draw http://twitpic.com/adv8bd

Wiggly
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:56 PM
How can Nestor NOT be in the draw? SCANDAL!

Cp6uja
Jul 31st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Draw is rigged!

7 out of 8 best OG dubles will play in TOP half, and in bottom half there is only Huber/Bryan on Murray/Robson road to final :o

Javi.
Jul 31st, 2012, 04:00 PM
Draw is rigged!

7 out of 8 best OG dubles will play in TOP half, and in bottom half there is only Huber/Bryan on Murray/Robson road to final :o

Vinci/Bracciali and Hradecka/Stepanek are good, imo.

dulkogii
Jul 31st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Draw
Victoria Azarenka / Max Mirnyi (BLR) [1]
vs
Angelique Kerber / Philipp Petzschner (GER)
Sania Mirza / Leander Paes (IND)
vs
Ana Ivanovic / Nenad Zimonjic (SRB)
Lisa Raymond / Mike Bryan (USA) [3]
vs
Sara Errani / Andreas Seppi (ITA)
Gisela Dulko / Juan Martin del Potro (ARG)
vs
Elena Vesnina / Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)
Laura Robson / Andy Murray (GBR)
vs
Lucie Hradecka / Radek Stepanek (CZE)
Samantha Stosur / Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)
vs
Agnieszka Radwanska / Marcin Matkowski (POL) [4]
Sofia Arvidsson / Robert Lindstedt (SWE)
vs
Roberta Vinci / Daniele Bracciali (ITA)
Sabine Lisicki / Christopher Kas (GER)
vs
Liezel Huber / Bob Bryan (USA) [2]

Blu€
Jul 31st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Only players which already compete in singles or doubles can complete in mixed-doubles (Nielsen can't compete only in mixed-doubles). That's why they give Mirza WC in womens doubles to "compete" with out of TOP400 compatriot.

I know, it was wishful thinking. I think Nielsen was first alternate in the men's draw but no one withdrew :( .
Interesting to see that Stosur hasn't given up hope yet :lol:, she's going for 3 1st round losses.

Javi.
Jul 31st, 2012, 06:22 PM
I know, it was wishful thinking. I think Nielsen was first alternate in the men's draw but no one withdrew :( .
Interesting to see that Stosur hasn't given up hope yet :lol:, she's going for 3 1st round losses.

It's a shame that she received a WC after her shitty performances here. I think they are the weakest link of the draw

Shrewd Tennis
Aug 1st, 2012, 08:39 AM
This could actually be a great event... Obviously very competitive. Several great teams.