PDA

View Full Version : US Olympic Trials - Swimming

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Track and field is finished - some shockers and some expected but now we focus on swimming, which starts today.

It's so frustrating as the USA is so deep we only get to send 2 athletes per event (compared to 3 at Track and Field). I wish that would change.

I'm looking forward to the Lochte vs. Phelps events.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 26th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Well, Ryan Lochte beats Michael Phelps in the 400 IM but they both qualify.

It's amazing to see the full crowds for the Trials...same at Track and Field and Diving -- full stands to support our athletes as they try to qualify for London.

edificio
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Seemed as though Lochte and Phelps didn't want to show their all in the 400 IM. It was exciting, and I was amazed that they built that pool in the arena.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 26th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Well, Ryan Lochte beats Michael Phelps in the 400 IM but they both qualify.

It's amazing to see the full crowds for the Trials...same at Track and Field and Diving -- full stands to support our athletes as they try to qualify for London.

Just caught the replay! I had no idea Ryan had gained so much ground on Phelps :eek: . I agree that it's sad that we can't send 3 athletes as we have the top 3 swimmers in the world.

I was also happy to see the stands full :D

Does anyone know when Janet Evans swims ? It would be amazing if she could qualify for the Olympics at age 40 :worship:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 26th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I grew up LOVING Janet :hearts:

She was always one of my faves and it was so sad to see her be so bad in Atlanta in 1996. I can't wait to see her in the trials. Usually the long-distance for the women is one of the later events.