PDA

View Full Version : Do you accept your homosexuality?

tennislover
Jun 23rd, 2012, 01:19 AM
The big question

delicatecutter
Jun 23rd, 2012, 02:17 AM
Not such a big question. No one who is out here doesn't accept it.

Doully
Jun 23rd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Isn't this pretty much the same as asking if someone is still in the closet?

I'm not for the record. I've come to terms with being gay.

duhcity
Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:04 AM
Personally yes.

Craig.
Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:07 AM
Yes and no.

Keegan
Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
I couldn't say I'm comfortable being gay, not yet anyway, so no.

~{X}~
Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Gee Keegan and here I was going to ask you out on a date in New York City. :o :lol:

So Disrespectful
Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
When you start to have real problems in life, you realise how insignificant your sexuality really is. :lol:

Andy.
Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
These days I definitly am and with each year I think I get more and comfortable with it. 2 years ago I couldnt have said that. I was out and everything but I still wasn't all that comfortable with it and wasnt hugely open about it with non-close people. Now I can say I'm happy with who I am.

Towanda
Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Absolutely, although that wasn't always the case. It can be difficult to deal with people who are very unsupportive, and all of the risks you face by coming out. After a while, you just say fuck 'em if they don't accept me for who I am and you surround yourself with people who are supportive.

tennislover
Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:28 AM
No one who is out here doesn't accept it.

:scared: I hope not!

tennislover
Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:31 AM
When you start to have real problems in life, you realise how insignificant your sexuality really is. :lol:

:D
but you know, sexuality is connected to identity so.....it's something that go deep inside

tennislover
Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Gee Keegan and here I was going to ask you out on a date in New York City. :o :lol:

:drool:

MaxQue
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
It's a question which is a bit "silly". Not a very good word, but, there is an issue.

If the answer is no, as they don't accept to accept and admit than they gay, they won't feel concerned by the thread.

And pride doesn't help. Who would publically admit they don't accept themselves? Most humans have too much pride to do that. And that's not a good thing.

Mashabator
Jun 23rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
if someone told me between 14-17 that i would be like i am now, not caring about it and not giving a fuck what people say id never have believed them. now i wouldnt change it if i had the choice.

Keegan
Jun 23rd, 2012, 02:11 PM

Haha. If you're buying! ;)

I actually went on a date earlier, and it made me realize how uncomfortable I am with like PDAs and stuff like that, especially in a small little town like the one I live in :o I think it's I'm comfortable with being gay, just not displaying it publicly. I'll probably get used to it in a larger city.

debopero
Jun 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM

I actually went on a date earlier, and it made me realize how uncomfortable I am with like PDAs and stuff like that, especially in a small little town like the one I live in :o I think it's I'm comfortable with being gay, just not displaying it publicly. I'll probably get used to it in a larger city.

It could just be PDA in general. I know I roll my eyes when I see a couple kissing and holding hands whether it's a gay or straight one.

debopero
Jun 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM

This.

...unless you live in a area where it isn't safe to be out :unsure: .

Umberella
Jun 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
if someone told me between 14-17 that i would be like i am now, not caring about it and not giving a fuck what people say id never have believed them. now i wouldnt change it if i had the choice.

Nawwww I'm so proud of you babe, thats so nice to hear :)

I think I'm the same - I am fine with being who I am and I can talk about my sexuality with people and stuff, but actually physically showing affection is different. Even when I'm with a really close group of friends who I would trust with my life, I still feel awkward kissing my boyfriend. I don't know why. That said, I think for the most part I am okay with being gay.

Kairi
Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
hard to say..

Sexysova
Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
These days I definitly am and with each year I think I get more and comfortnable with it. 2 years ago I couldnt have said that. I was out and everything but I still wasnt all that comfortable with it and wasnt hugely open about it with non close people. Now I can say I'm happy with who I am.

exactly the same with me :eek: :yeah:

Shonami Slam
Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
sure, im ok, youre ok etc.
but i dont like gay main stream culture.

Nicolás89
Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:54 PM

THIS!

~{X}~
Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM

Lol I just said date and now your talking about PDA already, slow down girl. ;) :lol:

Sure I'll buy. ;)

sammy01
Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
i'm cool with being a puff cus cock is love

sammy01
Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
hard to say..

no need to get aroused over the question ;)

Stamp Paid
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
My myvidster queue says yes.

Novichok
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Of course. :)

Kairi
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
and for the record yes I do.

no need to get aroused over the question ;)

:lol: :oh:

Doully
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:39 PM

I just discovered this website recently :hysteric:

SilverPersian
Jun 24th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I've subconsciously condemned myself to a lifetime sentence of supporting WTA headcases out of self-loathing :sad:

Craig.
Jun 24th, 2012, 02:37 AM

OMFG :hysteric:

tennislover
Jun 24th, 2012, 05:34 AM
If the answer is no, as they don't accept to accept and admit than they gay, they won't feel concerned by the thread.

But one can be homosexual and not to accept it at the same time.....

tennislover
Jun 24th, 2012, 05:36 AM
This.

...unless you live in a area where it isn't safe to be out :unsure: .

There can be problems out of you and inside of you

ampers&
Jun 24th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Totally cool with my gayness.

tennislover
Jun 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Totally cool with my gayness.

:yeah:

MaxQue
Jun 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
But one can be homosexual and not to accept it at the same time.....

Oh, I totally know that, but such person won't write than he doesn't accept it, as it would be admitting than he is gay. People would doesn't accept it tends to not talk about their homosexuality.

Mattographer
Jun 24th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I love for who I am :) So, yes.

melodynelson
Jun 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Can you be accepting of your homosexuality if you don't feel you can marry the person you love or have a child with that person because of your sexuality?

Many gay men I know refuse to do PDA because of fear of people recognizing them as gays, or for attracting strange looks. Is that also accepting? I know many straight people who don't do it either, but it's not for the same reasons, at least not the same as the first I mentioned.

I think there are lots of fine lines and question marks inside this question. I feel I'm pretty accepting of my sexuality, but I still have various complexes about my "role" in the gay community or among gay men in general. It's a great question, and no, I don't think when you get "real problems" these kinds of things become irrelevant, often times sexuality can indeed lead to many bigger problems for someone's life. That's just diminishing the struggle many people still have, it's not considered a "real problem."

dybbuk
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:40 AM

This seems to suggest "real problems in life" and sexuality problems are necessarily separate, which I assure you is not always the case. For many people still problems with their sexuality are serious problems.

tennislover
Jun 25th, 2012, 06:45 AM
This seems to suggest "real problems in life" and sexuality problems are necessarily separate, which I assure you is not always the case. For many people still problems with their sexuality are serious problems.
right
I think that in general problems with one's sexuality are real problems

Pops Maellard
Jun 25th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yeah. I've got plenty of problems, but honestly me being gay is among the least of them.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 17th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Yes. I also accept other people's homosexuality inside me.

Smitten
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
It's so sad the people who are gay and can't come to terms with themselves.

They pretend to date their best friend/hag to appear to have a girlfriend and try to convince themselves that they are straight. They're the unhappy ones who have to lie constantly and will wind up in an unhappy marriage and caught on grindr by someone.

Poor them. :sad:

Six Feet Under
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
yes.

Pops Maellard
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:38 AM
It can be tricky if you come from a Christian family :lol:. One of my sisters (the one that's not bisexual and in a same-sex relationship :lol:) and my Dad are going to be very difficult.

My Dad recently posted an article on my FB for everyone to see :o, thankfully you can hide things from your timeline :lol:.

moby
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Yes, in so far as I don't wish to be straight. But I still am, and will always be, hyper-aware of it. Obviously my relationship with my sexuality will never be the same as that of a straight person's.

I guess I could complicate things and start talking about masculinity, which I think (some? many?) gay men struggle with even after they come to terms with their sexuality.

kwilliams
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
It can be tricky if you come from a Christian family :lol:. One of my sisters (the one that's not bisexual and in a same-sex relationship :lol:) and my Dad are going to be very difficult.

My Dad recently posted an article on my FB for everyone to see :o, thankfully you can hide things from your timeline :lol:.

How are they with your bisexual sister?

Pops Maellard
Jul 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
How are they with your bisexual sister?
Not so good, but there's a whole other story there :lol:. Won't get into that ;).

Dav.
Jul 17th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Exactly, especially depending on where you're from. Being gay here in the South isn't exactly an easy experience or accepting environment.

Petkovic
Jul 17th, 2012, 01:39 PM

Haha, my god.

OT: Yes definately. And so do my friends, family and everyone else that I know.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 17th, 2012, 08:12 PM
More and more every day...

Adrian.
Jul 17th, 2012, 09:34 PM

:happy::hysteric:

----

yep. :)

The Dawntreader
Jul 17th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Yes. But that doesn't mean I'm particularly enamored by it.

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 17th, 2012, 10:08 PM

what the hell? :hysteric: :lol:

longtin23
Jul 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yes. But I will not let others (only some very close friends) know that. I know that many of my classmates doesnt accept that at all, so if they know me I am gay, I would probably die at school after being teased and rumoured. Moreover, at school in my class, all the boys are acting like gay, sitting on each others legs, hugging each other and hug. I know they arnt gay, but when they did to me, I am like feeling good :oh:, but at the same time always think that if they know I am gay, they will leave me forever alone.

I know I am bisexual when I was really very young, because I have fall in love (:oh: :spit:) with both boys and girls before. But I still have a really stranhge mindset that I would like to be gay, have sex with male when I was young (like before 30), but find a wife and have kids after 30s... Isn;t that disgrace to gay people??

MaSharp
Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
I accept myself for being gay. Three years ago was totally different story. =D

Adal
Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Yes. And as someone mentioned before, there are more important issues than your sexuality.

I come from a non-accepting environment myself and I guess the key there is just to keep your private life private, sharing it only with people you trust.