PDA

View Full Version : Question for queuers!

MBM
Jun 18th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I only got shitty tickets in the ballot so rejected them but I want to go on one of days 1-4 anyway. I don't care about getting a showcourt, a grounds pass would be fine, so can anyone tell me if I didn't turn up at wimbledon until 10 o'clock how long I would expect to be in a queue and if I am guaranteed to get at least a grounds pass? ie is there a limited number of tickets available on the day and then they turn people away?

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I only got shitty tickets in the ballot so rejected them but I want to go on one of days 1-4 anyway. I don't care about getting a showcourt, a grounds pass would be fine, so can anyone tell me if I didn't turn up at wimbledon until 10 o'clock how long I would expect to be in a queue and if I am guaranteed to get at least a grounds pass? ie is there a limited number of tickets available on the day and then they turn people away?

getting there at 10 risks not getting in until possibly quite late in the Afternoon. Basically people are let in until the grounds are filled. After that what was a fast moving queue comes to an ominous standstill. Eventually, once the grounds are filled a few more people are let in once play on the showcourts start as that results in people with showcourt tickets who are on the outer courts going to their showcourt seats. After that people start being let in at varying points during the day as other ticket holders leave the grounds. But it can be a long wait.

Quite frankly I would not advise anyone to leave queueing as late as 10 am. Much much better to get there around 8:30 or so and be reasonably sure of getting in before play starts on any court. I know that is what I do normally and on the few occasions over the years I have been late, once or twice I have gotten away with it, particularly when the weather isn't that good, but mostly I ended up deeply regretting being late.

MBM
Jun 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM
getting there at 10 risks not getting in until possibly quite late in the Afternoon. Basically people are let in until the grounds are filled. After that what was a fast moving queue comes to an ominous standstill. Eventually, once the grounds are filled a few more people are let in once play on the showcourts start as that results in people with showcourt tickets who are on the outer courts going to their showcourt seats. After that people start being let in at varying points during the day as other ticket holders leave the grounds. But it can be a long wait.

Quite frankly I would not advise anyone to leave queueing as late as 10 am. Much much better to get there around 8:30 or so and be reasonably sure of getting in before play starts on any court. I know that is what I do normally and on the few occasions over the years I have been late, once or twice I have gotten away with it, particularly when the weather isn't that good, but mostly I ended up deeply regretting being late.

thanks for the advice. not sure I'll bother going then. getting there for earlier than 10 just isnt going to happen.

Wassap
Jun 18th, 2012, 11:17 PM

Do you think if I'm queueing from 7am, I could get tickets for the Centre court? I suppose that the first sold tickets will also be the cheapest ones, won't they?

CooCooCachoo
Jun 18th, 2012, 11:19 PM
10 AM :lol: No chance.

CooCooCachoo
Jun 18th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Do you think if I'm queueing from 7am, I could get tickets for the Centre court? I suppose that the first sold tickets will also be the cheapest ones, won't they?

Centre court tickets are the first to go. At 7 AM you should still get Court 2 tickets, perhaps Court 1 if you're lucky. No real chance for centre court, especially not if Murray is playing.

Wassap
Jun 18th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Centre court tickets are the first to go. At 7 AM you should still get Court 2 tickets, perhaps Court 1 if you're lucky. No real chance for centre court, especially not if Murray is playing.

Thans. I supposed something like that...it's so difficult to get tickets.:sad:

Do you think that the queue could be less busy on Tuesday? I read that some people are camping for Monday from Sunday 12 am!!!

Angelle1986
Jun 19th, 2012, 04:29 PM
This is the first time im going to Wimbledon....with a ground pass you get to see the players practicing in the courts around court 1&2? Are any tickets sold online on Sunday evening like on ticketmaster?

Thanx for the queue posts! Answered loads of quesions! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2012, 04:43 PM

7pm the night before you might get one.
the people who Q get the seats courtside, right at the front.
all tickets are same price

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
This is the first time im going to Wimbledon....with a ground pass you get to see the players practicing in the courts around court 1&2? Are any tickets sold online on Sunday evening like on ticketmaster?

Thanx for the queue posts! Answered loads of quesions! :)

Ground pass lets you into courts 4-19 plus some unreserved seating into Court 3 (that gets filled up very quick, and some people Q there for few hours :o)

Mforensic
Jun 19th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I will be there at 4 am. I usually get one of the show courts when I line up then

Angelle1986
Jun 19th, 2012, 05:33 PM
How much do they usually cost?...to plan trips to the bank as i saw they only accept cash(why?) in the Q XD

Also, for courts 1&2 can you buy tickets online on the previous day?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2012, 08:43 PM
How much do they usually cost?...to plan trips to the bank as i saw they only accept cash(why?) in the Q XD

Also, for courts 1&2 can you buy tickets online on the previous day?
see here
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/tickets/201205091336561699698.html

only CC & No3 Court via ticketmaster previous day

Angelle1986
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
see here

Thanx :bowdown: *Rushes off to pack her bags* :bolt:

Maria rocks
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM

Just out ot interest what did you get offered in the ballot?

Angelle1986
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Reading about the tickets (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/tickets/201205091336565749973.html) I found the following:

"Early in the morning (approximately 6am) anyone in The Queue will be woken by the Stewards, asked to dismantle any camping equipment, and close up into a tighter formation to create space for those joining The Queue on the day."

I really hope this happens only on the first day...or doesn't happen at all :p

Wassap
Jun 24th, 2012, 08:18 AM
see here

Just got 2 tickets for the CC matches. So excited about watching live tennis for the 1st time in this tennis temple.:bounce:

Dodoboy.
Jun 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
So, I'm going Tuesday night for show court tickets on the Wednesday. Do you guys think getting to the queue at 7pm secures me a centre court or court 1 ticket? How late could I get there possibly? 10pm? Midnight?

Thanks

Zenjo
Jun 24th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Whenever I've queued I've arrived 8-8:30am and always got in for the start of play. It's actually quite fun as long as it's not raining. I remember one time I got talking to this old guy about tennis for 3 hours whilst in the queue. He'd been going to Wimbledon since the 1950's.

Show court tickets are just for the crazies who want to camp. :D

Valanga
Jun 24th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Just got 2 tickets for the CC matches. So excited about watching live tennis for the 1st time in this tennis temple.:bounce:

Good for you mate, I was in front of my laptop at noon but still missed it by 30 minutes

Valanga
Jun 25th, 2012, 08:05 AM
All they have left are Row Zs :o

Tennistourer
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Whenever I've queued I've arrived 8-8:30am and always got in for the start of play

Just wondering if it might be advisable to get in the queue 30mins earlier than in previous years, seeing as how play on Courts 2-19 is now scheduled to start at 11.30am ??

Would hate to get to the court of my choice AFTER the match is already underway !

Mforensic
Jun 26th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I'll be in line on Friday! I fly over tomorrow.

marsu
Jun 27th, 2012, 01:41 AM
I'm going to visit Wimbledon the first time. It would be nice to see Jarkko Nieminen's game in the second round, maybe on Thursday. I suppose that his game will take place on courts 3-19, so I think that the ground admission is good for me. In addition I wouldn't have any chance to camp overnight. I have still some questions:

1. When schedule for Thursday is going to be revealed?
2. If I join the queue approximately 7 am, have I good chance to get ground admission ticket for the same day? I mean, if I join the queue at Thursday morning and get ground admission I'll see Thursday's games?
3. Are ground admission and ground pass the same thing?
4. When I arrive to the end of the queue I will get a queue card, right? Then I just queue some hours and buy the ticket at the turnstile?
5. If I would like to have show court ticket, must I queue overnight or queue for resale kiosk on the afternoon?

Thank you in advance!

marsu
Jun 27th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Could someone answer, please :)

Valanga
Jun 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
7am on a Thursday should be okay
20 quid for a ground pass (= ground admisson)
if you want a show court ticket you have to queue up now outside wimbledon for CC (not sure about C1-C3)

-sugi-
Jun 28th, 2012, 07:20 PM
On the second week after the Monday, you can just walk to the turnstile to get a ground pass, right? At least I did several years back. :scratch:

Maria rocks
Jul 6th, 2012, 08:23 AM
What time do you have to be in the queue on the final weekend to get a ground pass? anyone know?