Jun 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I'm so excited for this tournament, she can definitely win it.:cheer:

Maria rocks
Jun 9th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I'm so excited for this tournament, she can definitely win it.:cheer:

She will win it:)

killerqueen
Jun 9th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I'm highly optimistic for Wimbledon now. :) Her form at the moment is the best it's been in a long time. :)

MiiMo
Jun 9th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Guys Guys Guys. I guess the favorite is Serena , she's back to nbr 5 and "she's won Charleston and Madrid" :oh:

(I just love that sentence so BAD that I'm using it against her)

Seriously, GO MARIA, we all TRUST IN U :hearts:

18majors
Jun 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm highly optimistic for Wimbledon now. :) Her form at the moment is the best it's been in a long time. :)

Do you think Maria is as good or better than pre-surgery now?

Sharapower
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:27 AM

It's hard to say... I don't sense she's as solid as the AO 2008 Maria yet. She had a relatively easy draw for this RG, so the question mark is about her ability to beat 3 Top 10 players back-to-back, say in Wimby or the US Open.

goldlion
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:34 AM
It's hard to say... I don't sense she's as solid as the AO 2008 Maria yet. She had a relatively easy draw for this RG, so the question mark is about her ability to beat 3 Top 10 players back-to-back, say in Wimby or the US Open.

Problem is those players folded before Maria can actually meet them. It happened so many times already this year and Maria was the only player making to the final stages. She's in 6 finals of 8 tournaments winning 3.

heelsrule1988
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Not even thinking about when her next title might be, to be honest. Right now, I'm just enjoying the mess out of what happened today. :)

Mashabator
Jun 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Lets just hope shes not in Serena's half and Serena gets taken out! :D

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Maria has a great chance to win this, but will she? We'll see :yeah:.

Sharapowerr
Jun 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I hope Wimbledon, but i think US Open.

dsanders06
Jun 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Better in some ways, worse in others. She's definitely a better mover than ever before, and I'm inclined to say her backhand at points this claycourt season was better than it ever was pre-surgery? She barely missed off it at all the whole time. And her tactical/strategic sense is definitely better.

That said, her forehand is still a fair bit worse than before surgery, her serve while much improved recently still probably isn't as reliable as it was pre-surgery, and her nerve while still formidable isn't quite as rock-solid as it used to be.

18majors
Jun 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Better in some ways, worse in others. She's definitely a better mover than ever before, and I'm inclined to say her backhand at points this claycourt season was better than it ever was pre-surgery? She barely missed off it at all the whole time. And her tactical/strategic sense is definitely better.

That said, her forehand is still a fair bit worse than before surgery, her serve while much improved recently still probably isn't as reliable as it was pre-surgery, and her nerve while still formidable isn't quite as rock-solid as it used to be.

Good analysis! What's never stopped to impress is Maria's desire to get better. Her serves and FH, while not totally relialbe yet, are already day and night better than at 2012 AO.

Title wise, Maria can have her best career run from now until she decides to quit, the only thing that can potentially slow her down is injury.