View Full Version : Sabine in AEGON Classic - Birmingham

Sabinator.
Jun 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
She will be the defending champion and no.1 seed :cheer: Good luck! :worship:

http://www.sabinelisicki.com/tl_files/Images/News/win_birmingham2.jpg

Those were sooooo good times :awww: I miss them awfully :sad:

CillyUltra
Jun 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/uyrizw2nz/b_12_lisicki_140_aeltc_j_buckle_normal.jpg Sabine Lisicki ‏@sabinelisicki
First hit on grass in a year. Got lucky- from noon on it rained...

http://s19.postimage.org/mce2fy137/3e604ef6aff211e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

Nina.
Jun 6th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Good memories :D I hope things come together for her on grass :cheer:

Ziva
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Choking Slam Semis away, i would love to see Sabs do this too.:)

I won't analyze the draw this time, every match of her is like a final these days, step by step, opponents don't matter that much anymore.

Grass, we are ready for you and we are hungry for Points !!

maturedgirl
Jun 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Ich werde mich frühstens Sonntag abend oder besser noch am Montag mit dem Birmingham Draw befassen und das erste match auch auf keinen Fall live verfolgen. Ich drücke ihr dann von irgendwo fern eines Internetanschlusses die Daumen und gebe natürlich die Hoffnung nicht auf, dass sie mal wieder eine erste Runde übersteht.:p

Wenn nicht auf Rasen, wo dann...? :tape:

mk27
Jun 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Ich werde mich frühstens Sonntag abend oder besser noch am Montag mit dem Birmingham Draw befassen und das erste match auch auf keinen Fall live verfolgen. Ich drücke ihr dann von irgendwo fern eines Internetanschlusses die Daumen und gebe natürlich die Hoffnung nicht auf, dass sie mal wieder eine erste Runde übersteht.:p

Wenn nicht auf Rasen, wo dann...? :tape:

Sie wird in der ersten Runde ein Freilos haben, Birmingham ist ein 56er Draw. :angel:
Vor Dienstag wird sie deshalb auch nicht spielen.

maturedgirl
Jun 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sie wird in der ersten Runde ein Freilos haben, Birmingham ist ein 56er Draw. :angel:
Vor Dienstag wird sie deshalb auch nicht spielen.
Das ist doch mal eine gute Nachricht :lol:

Lisickinator
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:07 AM
I just noticed the draw is already out

bottom quarter

MCHALE (7) - BYE
VESNINA - ROGOWSKA
JOVANOVSKI - QUALIFIER
GAJDOSOVA - CIRSTEA (10)

BABOS (14) - QUALIFIER
FALCONI - CADANTU
MURRAY (WC) - U. RADWANSKA
BYE - LISICKI (2)

Michael!
Jun 9th, 2012, 09:58 AM
U.Rad will be a tough first test for her already in 2nd round!
Important for Sabine to play many matches here, good luck!!

lovethetennis
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Just realized the last match Sabine won was in Charleston when she beat Shvedova. Really hoping to see her turn things around in Birmingham. C'mon Sabine! :D

Geekking
Jun 10th, 2012, 01:17 PM
With her latest result the draw is tough and tricky. This time I believe Sabine won't let the facepalm happen again. She has to concentrate and addict herself to her tennis. Good luck Sabine :bigclap:

Sabinator.
Jun 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
2nd round match vs Ula will be a tough test for Sabine. But I hope Ula will be tired after her matches in Nottingham and will choke or something :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Jun 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Sabs is playing Dubs with Dani as well.

maturedgirl
Jun 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Sabs is playing Dubs with Dani as well.

:yeah:

Mike81
Jun 11th, 2012, 12:53 AM
It's now or never for this season, considering Bine really should come into her own on grass. In form that bottom quarter would present few problems for our girl, but she's not in form, not yet atleast.

maturedgirl
Jun 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Radwanska now! :devil:

It's now or never for this season? http://www.mini2.info/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Michael!
Jun 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I can´t see her beating the younger Rad after I saw her in Paris but I hope that she can surprise me :hysteric:
Would be so important to get some matches here, I hope that her first serve improved at least, good luck!

maturedgirl
Jun 12th, 2012, 04:02 PM
When her webside doesn't lie, she will play her first match not before thursday :lol:

Time to have some nice appointments by then. Today she visited a school :)

mk27
Jun 12th, 2012, 04:05 PM
2nd round must be on tomorrow. ;)

maturedgirl
Jun 12th, 2012, 04:54 PM
2nd round must be on tomorrow. ;)

Let's hope for some more rain tomorrow. http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Froehlich/smilie_happy_322.gif

I can't stand two drama matches a day :tape:

mk27
Jun 12th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Let's hope for some more rain tomorrow. http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Froehlich/smilie_happy_322.gif

I can't stand two drama matches a day :tape:

2 drama matches?

Sabine has a 1st round bye, so tomorrow will be her 2nd round match. ;)

maturedgirl
Jun 12th, 2012, 05:31 PM
2 drama matches?

Sabine has a 1st round bye, so tomorrow will be her 2nd round match. ;)

:lol:

think about the evening match in Charkow :devil:

mk27
Jun 12th, 2012, 05:35 PM

think about the evening match in Charkow :devil:

Ach so :D

maturedgirl
Jun 12th, 2012, 06:49 PM
4. match on CC tomorrow :umbrella:

maturedgirl
Jun 12th, 2012, 09:28 PM
4. match on CC tomorrow :umbrella:

haha now it's the 5. match on CC, chances are rising for a first match not before thursday :angel:

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
If Sabine lost her match today (thinking the worst) I really want to ask her why she didn't play Nottingham ITF... She played exhibitions and went commercial shoots while Ula were playing on grass.

Urzula has 6-0 record on grass this year because she won Nottingham and she practiced more on grass compared to Sabine. Today the match will be interesting. Lots of pressure on Sabine, this match will be one of the most important match this year for Sabine.

Ziva
Jun 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
i agree, a win would help her a lot, if she loses, she needs to take a look at her shedule of tournaments and make some mayor changes.

It will be tough, U.Radwanska is playing very good and has lots of matches on grass already, Sabine has only practised on it and not very much, because of the rain.

Hoping for the best, but i don't see her winning it :sad:

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm staying up til early hours of the morning waiting just to listen to her game on BBC Radio. It's not a good feeling going to bed so late after a Bine loss, so please remember how much you love grass Bineee :hearts:. On recent form it's hard to be confident of her winning but we know this recent form isn't the real Bine!

maturedgirl
Jun 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I'm staying up til early hours of the morning waiting just to listen to her game on BBC Radio. It's not a good feeling going to bed so late after a Bine loss, so please remember how much you love grass Bineee :hearts:. On recent form it's hard to be confident of her winning but we know this recent form isn't the real Bine!

I'm just listening to BBC radio, too. The Franny match just started and the commentators said some wind came up,temperatures dropped and the sky looks as if it could rain later on. I hope you don't miss sleep with the result the match can't start for weather reasons;)

I should sleep if I were you:)

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I'm just listening to BBC radio, too. The Franny match just started and the commentators said some wind came up,temperatures dropped and the sky looks as if it could rain later on. I hope you don't miss sleep with the result the match can't start for weather reasons;)

I should sleep if I were you:)

Schiavone match is still going at the moment as I type...I just wouldn't want to wake up and read she lost. Hate that feeling when I find out a score in the morning and Bine lost :sad: So if I must go to sleep once again Bine has to find that old touch and give me something good to wake up to :cool:

maturedgirl
Jun 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/smilie_wet_012.gif

Sometimes no news are good news @mike :)

matches suspended (in the half of a second set/Franny lost the first)for a slight rain shower. Difficult conditions for the players, welcome to British Isles.

Ziva
Jun 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
question is, will she even play today ?

maturedgirl
Jun 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
The BBC guy mentioned they might relocate some matches to other courts but I would not bet on a Sabine match today :)

Looks like matches can be recommenced soon ;)

Looks good now, matches go on under sunshine :)

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm too tired about to fall asleep... so if Bine plays then I hope it's good news I wake up to and positive talk on these forums! that's how it is sometimes in late night tennis following for those of us on different corners of the globe. Love Bine but like some sleep too.

Dorien.
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Bine :sobbing: Someone please give her a hug.

Ziva
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:15 PM
no, not a hug this time, something very different is needed !

Ian Aberdon
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:17 PM
She's playing shit. Come on, Ula Radwanska? In fact if I were an ITF scrub right now, I'd fancy my chances against her. :facepalm:

CillyUltra
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Somehow expected loss considering her performance in RG. Major goal is to get into shape until the Olympics.

Ziva
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:21 PM
She's playing shit. Come on, Ula Radwanska? In fact if I were an ITF scrub right now, I'd fancy my chances against her. :facepalm:

exactly, Ula played rather good, but gave Sabine enough chances to turn it around.

i wonder what the hell is wrong with hear health again, since she had to see the doctor several times :mad:

Ian Aberdon
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:27 PM
She seems to be healthy enough OFF court, when it doesn't count. Perhaps she should stay off it! :mad:

Ziva
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
She seems to be healthy enough OFF court, when it doesn't count. Perhaps she should stay off it! :mad:

Yeah, i thought that too, less training, more off court stuff and all this at a time, where she knows, that she needs every minute to be invested in her form. :(

Not very Clever

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
SABINE MUST CHANGE HER TEAM COMPLETELY!

1)She has no tactics (base on her previous matches), when she calls her coach, he can't help her... She has to be blind to see her coach is short of her..
2)Why didn't she play doubles in the beginning of the season? Why stopped playing with Sam?
3)Lots of photo shoots, advertisement shoots and exhibition matches (off court activities) this year. All of them took her mind out of the tennis!
4)Why did she change her racket? Maybe the right question is why right before RG?
5)Why didn't she play Nottingham ITF? She didn't have time to train on grass, how could her team didn't notice about this? She chosen to play exhibition match and go to a photoshoot.
6)Her biggest mistake is her mental strength, I was expecting her to cope with this but with each passing season it is getting worst. Crying and tears almost every match...
7)She is not serving anymore like she used to. I wonder does her team have any training plan about this? If yes why nothing changed?
8)Sabine took 5 injury breaks this year. How could she get injured this much easy? Anything wrong with her trainings?
9)What happened to Chip Brooks as a coach?
10)Lots of UE and week 1st serve from her. Any training plan for this?
11)She had 35 off days after her matches which she loose this is a huge time to fix something, even some players come from injury and play but nothing changed her game? WHY?
12)Does she have any health problem?
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450883

Ziva
Jun 13th, 2012, 07:56 PM

1)She has no tactics (base on her previous matches), when she calls her coach, he can't help her...
2)Why didn't she play doubles in the beginning of the season? Why stopped playing with Sam?
3)Lots of photo shoots, advertisement shoots and exhibition matches this year. All of them took her mind out of the tennis!
4)Why did she change her racket? Maybe the right question is why right before RG?
5)Why didn't she play Nottingham ITF? She didn't have time to train on grass, how could her team didn't notice about this? She chosen to play exhibition match and go to a photoshoot.
6)Her biggest mistake is her mental strength, I was expecting her to cope with this but with each passing season it is getting worst. Crying and tears almost every match...
7)She is not serving anymore like she used to. I wonder does her team have any training plan about this? If yes why nothing changed?
8)Sabine took 5 injury breaks this year. How could she get injured this much easy? Anything wrong with her trainings?
11)She had 35 off days after her matches which she loose this is a huge time to fix something, even some players come from injury and play but nothing changed her game? WHY?

100% agree, new Team and most important, a new attitude is needed, she has to focus at different things.
Since the ranking is crushed now, it's time for a break to regroup and come back mentally strong and in form, like Kerber did last year.

Ian Aberdon
Jun 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I agreed with Geekking last time, I agree with him this time. Where is her serve - WHERE IS HER SERVE??!! She called it a weapon on grass...it's a very powerless weapon then. :bigcry:

cosmoose
Jun 13th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I agreed with Geekking last time, I agree with him this time. Where is her serve - WHERE IS HER SERVE??!! She called it a weapon on grass...it's a very powerless weapon then. :bigcry:

phantom menace :(

Madoka
Jun 13th, 2012, 09:07 PM
did someone see the match ? did she play so bad ?

unfortunately the match was really difficult, U. Radw is playing fine whilw sabine not :( she may have an easier draw :/

what about her new ranking on monday ? :s

Michael!
Jun 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
well, not a big surprise here!
Statstics looked decent at least, but her serve was also OK against Parmentier and then she served like shit against BMS, so I am not sure if we can see any kind of improvement!
But grass suits her game most but she won´t have many matches now before Wimbledon and that is the biggest problem. I hope for her that she faces a player there who just hates grass, she needs one or two wins in London at least.
Her ranking will fall down now anyway, but more important for her now to get into some decent shape again soon, it is also a question of confidence anyway...so many painful defeats this year.

silesia
Jun 13th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Jesus :unsure:
With Julia and Mona losing in first rounds it's a really hard time for fans of German girls :sad: :drink:

Ziva
Jun 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM
What she said after the Match:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/845171-sabine-lisicki?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Breathing Problems hmmm

TimeyWimey
Jun 13th, 2012, 10:44 PM
did someone see the match ? did she play so bad ?

unfortunately the match was really difficult, U. Radw is playing fine whilw sabine not :( she may have an easier draw :/

what about her new ranking on monday ? :s

she'll stay there at 15

Jimmie48
Jun 13th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I'm kind of glad I didn't have to see this.... another bitter disappointment :sad:

Instead of another good run at Wimbledon we now have to be in damage-control mode and hope for 1 or 2 wins at least... who would have thought a year ago?

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2012, 11:37 PM

1)She has no tactics (base on her previous matches), when she calls her coach, he can't help her... She has to be blind to see her coach is short of her..
3)Lots of photo shoots, advertisement shoots and exhibition matches (off court activities) this year. All of them took her mind out of the tennis!
12)Does she have any health problem?
13) She said "I've finally put the focus on fitness training and thus beaten to little balls in the last few weeks. I missed the arresting, so today I have so many mistakes made. It was a risk to the gym work, but it was necessary." How did her team let her to work only gym? :rolleyes:
14) She has to stop finding new apologies after her defeats...

Mike81
Jun 14th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Didn't hear or see the match because it was too late so I can't offer much. Seems like she has the same problems every match, although breathing problems now?... She definately needs to change things with the way she trains and her approach to matches. Really, other than that I don't know what to say. Bad times :sad:

Geekking
Jun 14th, 2012, 01:24 AM
http://www.lta.org.uk/MediaVault/Tournaments/AEGON-Classic/2012/Photos/Day-3/1206131825_AEGON%20Classic%20-%20Day%20Three_146300596.jpg

Ian Aberdon
Jun 14th, 2012, 06:08 AM
She's getting the reputation as a bit of a hypochondriac. :(

maturedgirl
Jun 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I thought about to take apart some comments, but after thinking about I decided not to waste my narrow leisure with stupid people posts;)

@Geeking: Look for an own life and and care about it than judging people you even know in no sense!

http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Schilder/besserwisser.gif

I'm happy that not all her fans, her REAL fans aren't like that. I listened to the BBC yesterday and the guys mentioned her playing some good winners but it's her inconstancy that broke her neck. But they really cheered for her, even when it was clear, she probably won't win it and they also underlined, Ulla playing a good match and being much more well tuned on grass what makes the difference by confidence. And that's it, her lack of confidence!

Could write much more but would not change anything. ;)

Thanx for the posts (I completely agree with) of @Jimmy48 and @Michael :yeah:

I didn't expect her to win, though I hoped so and I will ever cheer for her, cos she is still THE ONE on court for me atm! (even though she makes me suffer, but only for a short moment...cause my life goes on ;) and even yesterday *Thanks GOMEZ* he deserves to become my Ava for one day :lol: )

And now have fun, "Know all" about how Lisicki's life must be changed http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Schilder/smilie_a_005.gif

Geekking
Jun 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I thought about to take apart some comments, but after thinking about I decided not to waste my narrow leisure with stupid people posts;)

@Geeking: Look for an own life and and care about it than judging people you even know in no sense!

None of us are perfect, if we look to our lifes of course we have problems too but it doesn't mean we can't judge the player which we support. If we are not going to talk about her tennis why we are here? To talk about her cloths, boyfriend or her body shape like some fans only do? If you have an antithesis what I said I would like to hear, we can discuss within the framework of mutual respect...
The things which I said are not new, I've been saying those since Jan. In my opinion, you have to be blind not to see those mistakes...
We are all here to support Sabine, we all love her so calling "stupid" to other fan is inappropriate.
Thank you for sharing your own opinions I respect them even you called me or other fan "stupid"...

"You have to be cruel to be kind" :)

Ziva
Jun 14th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Yes if it isnt allowed to discuss the reasons for her slump, its pointless !

We are all worried and thats why we are searching for the reasons and a solution.
It has never looked that bad regarding her form drop at the moment, so what else is there to do, just say everything will be ok and tell her she shouldnt change a thing, i dont think so.

CillyUltra
Jun 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
She's getting the reputation as a bit of a hypochondriac. :(

Just for the record: I hate people who make a mockery of her state of health.

Ziva
Jun 14th, 2012, 11:33 AM
noone here does that, she was clearly sick, i think the pressure makes her sick !

JackFrost
Jun 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah, there are always excuses when she is losing. Sick, ill, weather conditions, afraid of a bagel, eaten something bad, too much pressure, hysteric fits. Poor Sabine. Maybe tennisprofi isn´t just the right job for her.

mk27
Jun 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
0-6 3-6 in the doubles with Hantuchova

Ziva
Jun 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
expected, since they both lost first round in singles :(

Ian Aberdon
Jun 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM

??????????????????? Just for the record.

jasonwright25
Jun 15th, 2012, 12:25 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.

maturedgirl
Jun 15th, 2012, 03:04 AM
I hate people who make a mockery of her state of health.
:yeah:

Even though they pretent to be "a fan". Embarrassingly crude behaviour!

Stress aggravates existing allergies. Her last months (beginning with FC results in februrary, infections, injuries and change of racket in the middle of a season) were hard, a season she expected to become the best of her career with the Olympics as highlight = her stress is comprehensible!

I know what I'm talking about. I had a poll allergy for 8 years that became worse when I had problems (doesn't matter what kind..), when I tackled the problem, it's gone. This spring is the first without. :)

Mike81
Jun 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
People need to stick through the hard times to be real fans. Maybe those that jumped on the Bine bandwagon after her Wimbly semi run are not following her so much now but for anyone that followed her during 2010 when she was out half of the year injured and then playing ITF's in early 2011, we know about the ups and downs of following her. Also I am used to following teams that go through bad losing runs in team sports so it's not an unusual experience for me to go through these times.

Sabine seems constantly unlucky with health issues. Really we don't know the full story of her health so we can't judge this. Certainly I don't think anyone accusing Sabine of faking or over exaggerating any of her health issues on/off court has any idea of what it's like to deal with the problems as a pro athlete, they just like to have something to complain about. I got frustrated a few months ago after a Bine retirement and made some bad comments but then I was apologetic. None of us are pro tennis players as far as I know so we shouldn't question anyone's stamina or whether they are genuinely sick/injured in games.

Ziva
Jun 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yes Mike, most of us were Fans long before Wimbledon and we know her ups and downs and nobody said something bad about Bine. Only searching for a way out, because it hasn't been that bad before, regarding her formdrop.
Saying she is alright and will win again, without changing something, like some do and get angry at others which don't think so, is kinda naive and they don't know her very well then.

maturedgirl
Jun 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM
People need to stick through the hard times to be real fans.
Also I am used to following teams that go through bad losing runs in team sports so it's not an unusual experience for me to go through these times.

Sabine seems constantly unlucky with health issues. Really we don't know the full story of her health so we can't judge this.

Certainly I don't think anyone accusing Sabine of faking or over exaggerating any of her health issues on/off court has any idea of what it's like to deal with the problems as a pro athlete

Exactly This!:rocker:

That's the way it is. And Sabine needs fans who think like that, now more than in good times, encouraging than doubting about her ability to make the right decisions! ;)

Geekking
Jun 16th, 2012, 09:49 AM
According to the tournament staff in Birmingham, Sabine has left the Birmingham

Ian Aberdon
Jun 16th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Some might say she never arrived! :lol: :bigcry:

Mike81
Jun 21st, 2012, 08:44 AM
Please a nice draw for Wimbledon and not a first round exit for our girl...