PDA

View Full Version : Do you Expect Maria Sharapova will be WTA # 1 After RG?

Tennis Observer
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
After the early departure of Victoria Azarenka, Maria Sharapova has to play for the Championship to be WTA # 1 after RG 2012. Do you think it will happen?

Patrick345
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
After the early departure of Victoria Azarenka, Maria Sharapova has to play for the Championship to be WTA # 1 after RG 2012. Do you think it will happen?

Well all that stands between her and #1 are Na Li or Kvitova. So yes. Very likely.

goldlion
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
If she gets to final then she'll takeover Vika but she's not even played R4 FFS.

Marcus1979
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
if she gets to #1 I hope its from a french Open win,

if she loses the final and is #1 it would not sit right to have players below her with grand slams in the last 52 weeks.

Gilas.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
her toughest match is definitely SF against (potentially) Na. I do think she is much prepared now this year, and Maria would hate to reach the final, be number 1, but not win. She said this year that she would love to be back at numero uno BUT only if she herself feels like she is really the number one in the world..so winning RG and number 1 spot is to be much expected ;)

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Can't see Maria losing before the semi. Even in the semi Maria will be the favourite although that will obviously be a much tougher match and hardly a sure thing.

But on balance you would have to say Maria has a substantially better than 50/50 chance of finishing the tournament number one so I voted YES.

DonnaT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
I think Maria will be number 1 after RG, but after Wimbledon or US tournament I expect to see Vika again in first place

Craig.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Do we really need a 400th thread about this?

Sharapowerr
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
I think Maria will be number 1 after RG, but after Wimbledon or US tournament I expect to see Vika again in first place

:lol::lol::lol: