PDA

View Full Version : Siberian Queen Sharapova Will Reclaim SEWTA #1 If She Reaches 2012 RG FINAL

NA-GOAT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
if Maria reaches the final:

Maria 8890
Vika 8800

I am not sure if this would be extra motivation but still the SF will be a tough match if it is against NaNa or Petra :armed:

FleetSeb
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
If she loses the final the haters will be insufferable.

Beny
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
It will be deserved because she is obviously the best player atm.

But I hope Cibulkova or Kerber beat her. I dont care that only in the final and she will be No.1 anyway, but wanna see either of those kick her a$$

M.S.F
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Good.

Vuvurenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
It has been a long and arduous journey back to the top, but Maria fully deserves it with such stellar results this year (barring the final losses) since she has beaten everyone not named Serena

The Witch-king
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
dont you just hate the taste of throw up

duhcity
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Still a better year than Wozniacki I guess

DeliriousPotato
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm not a Sharapova fan, but I would be a sore loser If I didn't say that she completely deserves it.

My heart still hopes that Kvitty or NaNa will dump her out of the tournament (sorry Masha Lovers)

NashaMasha
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
I hope Masha is not thinking about this hypothetical things. She need to win 4 matchs to make a dream come true. Nobody cares about ranking, when tournament is still being played....

goat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
A loss in the final would result in her being a colander year seamless champion. Similar to that of dinara, jelena or caroline, oh my.

MaSharp
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
I don't want her to be n1 without new Grand Slam title. If she won this RG, she must be n1! And I really want this from her! C'mon Maria!

hobahobaspirit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Do not miss this golden opportunity Maria :sobbing:

vozas
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm not a Sharapova fan, but I would be a sore loser If I didn't say that she completely deserves it.

My heart still hopes that Kvitty or NaNa will dump her out of the tournament (sorry Masha Lovers)

:hug::hug:

Miracle Worker
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
It will be absolutely deserved if she becomes #1 again.

C. Drone
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
dont you just hate the taste of throw up

the smell of haters throwing up... :drool:

LefandePatty
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Finally. :hearts:

deliverance.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Please, please, please :sobbing: Davai Masha!

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
Yes and it would be well deserved, very solid season for her sofar.

jameshazza
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I think what people are missing here is that even if she made the final and lost(2 matches plus Li/Petra to go first and wild conditions) she would still be the points leader in GSs. Plus it would be more alike when Davenport was ranked #1 without Slams in the previous calendar year.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
the smell of haters throwing up... :drool:

http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2012/01/Lucille-is-judging-you-gif-arrested-development-21743891-500-289.gif

Sharapowerr
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM

Have to agree better than the last #1's Wozniacki, Jankovic and Azarenka.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM

Not a fan but I totally agree. That said, I should add I have never had any problems with the WTA ranking in the past anyway. Whoever gets to number 1, I'm cool with it.

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
I think the Semi is do or die for Maria then. There is literally no one in the top half who should so much as take a set off of a healthy Maria, so her SF vs Na/Petra will be the de facto final. Of course Na and Petra can both get eliminated before then :lol:

Have to agree better than the last #1's Wozniacki, Jankovic and Azarenka.

Assuming Maria makes the finals, Vika has [SF, 3R, W, 4R] in the last 4 majors plus YEC F, versus Maria's F, 3R, F, F and YEC RR. Add to that Vika's 4 other titles to Maria's 3, and the only way Maria will definitely be better is if she actually goes all the way and wins the FO. And even then it will only be by a hair. Don't lump her in with joke #1s Wo:zzz: and Junkovic

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Well this is what Maria has been working so hard for. I hope she can do it but a lot of tennis left to be played. Could be one memorable weekend for Mrs. Sharapova. Haters shaking in their seats at the thought of her reclaiming #1 and winning the Career Slam

CloudAtlas
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
I think the Semi is do or die for Maria then. There is literally no one in the top half who should so much as take a set off of a healthy Maria, so her SF vs Na/Petra will be the de facto final. Of course Na and Petra can both get eliminated before then :lol:

That's what people said in Miami once Azarenka crashed out :lol:

A Maria in a RG final is not going to be the same as a Maria in an RG 2nd round playing a scrub. Her run is reminding me of Safina's in 2009 and it'd be entirely unsurprising to see a double fault-laden final on show.

vozas
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
That's what people said in Miami once Azarenka crashed out :lol:

A Maria in a RG final is not going to be the same as a Maria in an RG 2nd round playing a scrub. Her run is reminding me of Safina's in 2009 and it'd be entirely unsurprising to see a double fault-laden final on show.

Except Maria is an infinitely superior and more experienced player than slamless, fluke #1 Dinara.

In The Zone
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Except Maria is an infinitely superior and more experienced player than slamless, fluke #1 Dinara.

None of the slamless #1's were flukes. And especially not Safina.

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Its possible Maria will be #1 but Stosur will be holding 2 majors.
But #1 is for 52 weeks, not just majors.
If Maria gets to #1, she earned it, slam win or not

CloudAtlas
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM

They seem to have won the same number of games in their respective latest Australian Open finals so that experience doesn't seem to have come in handy too much when faced with the prospect of winning a Slam.

ZAK
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Both Petra and Sam have the chance of being only #3 despite holding two majors if they win

marineblue
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Assuming Maria makes the finals, Vika has [SF, 3R, W, 4R] in the last 4 majors plus YEC F, versus Maria's F, 3R, F, F and YEC RR. Add to that Vika's 4 other titles to Maria's 3, and the only way Maria will definitely be better is if she actually goes all the way and wins the FO. And even then it will only be by a hair. Don't lump her in with joke #1s Wo:zzz: and Junkovic

Do not lump Azarenka and Jankovic together with Wozniacki who was dominant despite a lot of adversity and held the spot for 67 weeks. She had to with a lot more pressure than, franky, overrated Azarenka and nevertheless lasted on no.1 spot for a long time unlike the 'glorious' Azarenka who is about to lose it in near future.:wavey:

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Do not lump Azarenka and Jankovic together with Wozniacki who was dominant despite a lot of adversity and held the spot for 67 weeks. She had to with a lot more pressure than, franky, overrated Azarenka and nevertheless lasted on no.1 spot for a long time unlike the 'glorious' Azarenka who is about to lose is in near future.:wavey:

She was so dominant during those 67 weeks that she won how many slams? Reached how many slam finals? Wallzniacki would trade her entire career and all 67 weeks at #1 for the beginning of Vika's 2012 season alone :shrug:

Hurley
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM

Don't lump Wozniacki in with Azarenka. Azarenka is a good tennis player and proved it by winning a Grand Slam title.

Hurley
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Wallzniacki would trade her entire career and all 67 weeks at #1 for the beginning of Vika's 2012 season alone :shrug:

BAM. :worship:

Don't expect that know-nothing to get that, though. He/She still thinks Wozniacki was at one point the "best tennis player in the world." I think he/she still might. :scared:

Mikey.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Get it Martha! :cheer:

Vuvurenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
She was so dominant during those 67 weeks that she won how many slams? Reached how many slam finals? Wallzniacki would trade her entire career and all 67 weeks at #1 for the beginning of Vika's 2012 season alone :shrug:

Preach it :rocker:

madmax
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm sure Masha could care less about the seeding number next to her name - all that matters to her is slam titles:cheer:
If #1 ranking comes with those wins too, it will only legitimize her position

NeoZod19
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
All I want is for Maria to win this Grand Slam here at RG.

Best of luck Maria!!!:angel:!:angel:!:angel:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

DragonFlame
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Rip her apart Na.

doomsday
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
They seem to have won the same number of games in their respective latest Australian Open finals so that experience doesn't seem to have come in handy too much when faced with the prospect of winning a Slam.

Of winning a 4th slam for Maria, you idiot :lol:

marineblue
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM

The tour consists of more than 4 tournaments,sorry to break this to you. You can delude yourself into believing that Caro would want to swap all the time on the top for one slam that no one cares about anymore. Not that long ago since Vika won it people in the press called her a pretender...

Renalicious
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
If she gets to #1 I hope it's with a slam.

CloudAtlas
Of winning a 4th slam for Maria, you idiot :lol:

LOL, you seem unable to handle any form of disagreement with your own opinion without resorting to infantile insults. Predictable, once again :lol:

1st Slam or 4th Slam, it's the same thing in this situation. Maria has hardly shown herself to be a mental giant in Grand Slam finals as of late, and has played some woeful tennis once she's gotten there. She started off the Australian Open in similar dominant fashion and then got bagelled in the final by a GS final debutant. I wouldn't be so darn arrogant.

marineblue
BAM. :worship:

Don't expect that know-nothing to get that, though. He/She still thinks Wozniacki was at one point the "best tennis player in the world." I think he/she still might. :scared:

I do, no1 signifies best player in the world. Not no.5,6,7 even with a slam title. The best is always ranked first:wavey: not just a part of a elite group.

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
I do, no1 signifies best player in the world. Not no.5,6,7 even with a slam title. The best is always ranked first:wavey: not just a part of a elite group.You dont have to insult Vika or Petra. they're excellent young players.
It just brings out the lunatics to bash the player you like

Dav.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
When was the last time we had a multiple slam-winning #1? :sobbing:

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
When was the last time we had a multiple slam-winning #1? :sobbing:
We might have a multiple slam holder at #3. Cant miss if Sam plays Petra in this final

fouc
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
it's kinda sad Martha has been reduced to compete with Generation Suck under their very rules of slamlessness.

handan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Sam Stosur isn't good enough to win a second grand slam in a year. Sorry but something is wrong with it.

marineblue
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
You dont have to insult Vika or Petra. they're excellent young players.
It just brings out the lunatics to bash the player you like

I don't care about bashers. Besides I did not insult Vika or Petra in any way. Their stans bring the criticism upon themselves, this is GM in the end of the day.

Hurley
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
I love how when Wozniacki was "the best player in the world," everyone expected her to fail at the tournaments of significance, and every single time everyone was proven right.

Someone needs to look up the word "best." Like, now. :oh:

And if those tournaments don't matter and she was already at the pinnacle of her career as a tennis player, why did Wozniacki and her team try multiple times to develop her game into a different style and try to incorporate wildly different tactics? Sound like they weren't satisfied with this definition of "best." Because, you know, they probably looked up the word. :oh:

marineblue
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
You still want to cling to that desperate 'MM theory'? Oh dear, some people never learn :facepalm:

marineblue
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
@Hurley, oooh you're trying hard pal, really trying hard. Even edited the original post:oh:

pepaw
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm sure Masha could care less about the seeding number next to her name - all that matters to her is slam titles:cheer:
If #1 ranking comes with those wins too, it will only legitimize her position

actually maria said herself that getting back to number one is important to her. i remember because it shocked cronin that she was so open about her ranking goals.

Sharapowerr
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:38 PM

So you say the 3 GS that Maria won don't mean that much , peak Maria owns Vika, why are you comparing the last year?
I see you have Venus in your signature, so if you re comparing the last year it means Vika is a better player than Venus?

mboyle
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
I am absolutely certain Sharapova doesn't care about her ranking. She wants the French Open badly.

Stonerpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Just win the title please :sobbing:

Beat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
if she does it, good on her, i have no problem with it, she had great results. i just wonder how many of the people who will welcome her heartily back at the top spot heavily criticized the other slamless no. 1's for being, well slamless no. 1's.

Stern
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
It's impossible for Sharapova not to win the title, world number 1 + career slam, what a great moment for Sharapova!!

goat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Well this is what Maria has been working so hard for. I hope she can do it but a lot of tennis left to be played. Could be one memorable weekend for Mrs. Sharapova. Haters shaking in their seats at the thought of her reclaiming #1 and winning the Career Slam

I really don't think people dedicate as much time obsessing over players like this to be shaking in their boots over someone they do not even know. Really, t.f members are deranged at times thinking lives are ruled by another's profession. I believe some members are so messed up in the head to be like this.

cautiouslip
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM
I really don't think people dedicate as much time obsessing over players like this to be shaking in their boots over someone they do not even know. Really, t.f members are deranged at times thinking lives are ruled by another's profession. I believe some members are so messed up in the head to be like this.

dude, chill. It's all in good fun. It's an internet forum for christ's sake :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Even more pressure. Wow.

madmax
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
actually maria said herself that getting back to number one is important to her. i remember because it shocked cronin that she was so open about her ranking goals.

actually I read some of her recent interviews, where she stated her preferance for slams...but of course, being ranked #1 is just a cherry on the cake for a player of her status

Simugna Help
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
As much as she cares about slams, she doesn't seem to win an awful lot of them.

cautiouslip
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
She only started caring about her ranking after she started really hating on vika :oh:

Matt01
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:43 PM

Well, she won Stuttgart and Rome :shrug:

:devil:

madmax
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:47 PM

well, nobody wins them all, now do they?:lol: Also reaching 2 of the last 3 slam finals is not a bad record in them, don't you think? Especially compared to certain World #3, who is yet to reach a Slam SF in her whole career:devil:

Joelina
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
she deserves it

Simugna Help
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
well, nobody wins them all, now do they?:lol: Also reaching 2 of the last 3 slam finals is not a bad record in them, don't you think? Especially compared to certain World #3, who is yet to reach a Slam SF in her whole career:devil:

Yeah,but you don't know what Agatha's priorities are :p

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah,but you don't know what Agatha's priorities are :p

Vulturing, obviously, duh

Golden_Slam1
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
It'd be quite funny after all the fuss of having a slamless #1 for so long that a 3 time GS winner then gets to No.1 without winning one in the past 12 months. That's assuming she doesnt win the final of course which she wont because all four of those left in the top half are capable of beating her - even Stosur nowadays.

jameshazza
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:02 PM
It'd be quite funny after all the fuss of having a slamless #1 for so long that a 3 time GS winner then gets to No.1 without winning one in the past 12 months. That's assuming she doesnt win the final of course which she wont because all four of those left in the top half are capable of beating her - even Stosur nowadays.

Which sock puppet is this?

Patrick345
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Which sock puppet is this?

A very poor one, when Sharapova could be #1 without having won a Slam in the last 50 months and he only used the current 12 months to troll. :lol:

Golden_Slam1
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
The rankings only take in a 12 month period. I like Sharapova and would be happy if she won. Just don't think she will, that's all :)

Richie's
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
This is Maria's last (maybe but) and best chance to win Roland Garros. Take your advantage Maria!

dsanders06
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
This is Maria's last (maybe but) and best chance to win Roland Garros. Take your advantage Maria!

This is what they said last year :lol: