PDA

View Full Version : Is It Time For Adidas To Dump Karolina And Sign New Face For Stella McCartney?

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
a few years ago Adidas dumped Kirilenko for Wozniacki because they wanted more exposure for the Stella McCartney brand ... with Karolina now losing in 3R of slams and 1R of tournaments like Rome, I think it is around that time again for them to seek some more profit on their investment :oh:

here are their top options:

1) retain #9 Karolina and hope she finds her form

2) go back to #17 Kirilenko, who has been associated with the brand before and is now back in the top 20

3) switch to current Adidas signee #10 Kerber, who is a new star in the making and headed in the right direction within the SEWTA top 10 ... she is blonde too which seems like it may be a requirement :rolls:

4) switch to current Adidas signee #14 Ivanovic, who is a slam winner, former #1, glamour girl with VIP status

5) switch to current Adidas signee #15 Petkovic, who has the best personality on SEWTA along with NaNa Li

6) switch to current Adidas signee #18 Hantuchova, the only problem is she may retire soon

7) switch to current Adidas signee #20 Pennetta, who has the propensity to choke in big tournaments

8) switch to current Adidas signee #25 Pavlyuchenkova

9) switch to current Adidas signee #36 McHale ... she is young and this may be the best way for Adidas to corner the US market

10) poach #3 Agnieszka Radwanska ... I think this may be an interesting option ... Lotto is probably not paying Aga that much so if Adidas wants a top 3 player who is always lifting trophies this may be the best

Vuvurenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
a few years ago Adidas dumped Kirilenko for Wozniacki because they wanted more exposure for the Stella McCartney brand ... with Karolina now losing in 3R of slams and 1R of tournaments like Rome, I think it is around that time again for them to seek some more profit on their investment :oh:

here are their top options:

1) retain #9 Karolina and hope she finds her form

2) go back to #17 Kirilenko, who has been associated with the brand before and is now back in the top 20

3) switch to current Adidas signee #10 Kerber, who is a new star in the making and headed in the right direction within the SEWTA top 10 ... she is blonde too which seems like it may be a requirement :rolls:

4) switch to current Adidas signee #14 Ivanovic, who is a slam winner, former #1, glamour girl with VIP status

5) switch to current Adidas signee #15 Petkovic, who has the best personality on SEWTA along with NaNa Li

6) switch to current Adidas signee #18 Hantuchova, the only problem is she may retire soon

7) switch to current Adidas signee #20 Pennetta, who has the propensity to choke in big tournaments

8) switch to current Adidas signee #25 Pavlyuchenkova

9) switch to current Adidas signee #36 McHale ... she is young and this may be the best way for Adidas to corner the US market

10) poach #3 Agnieszka Radwanska ... I think this may be an interesting option ... Lotto is probably not paying Aga that much so if Adidas wants a top 3 player who is always lifting trophies this may be the best

Adidas should sign Fransexa on and give her Stella McCartney :drool:

tripwires
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Oh fuck yes.

RenaSlam.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Kirilenko.

Temperenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
No, Caroline will still be a consistent top 10 player. They aren't guaranteed that with pretty much anyone else that they could switch to.

M.P
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Petkovic is more suitable, if you have to change.
Kerber is too BIG

Gilas.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Domi or Ana

Cosmic Voices
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
I think Kiri would be particularly superb in Stella McCartney. VIP's a little too stocky (in the best possible sense)
but tbh her designs have been :help: this year so w/e

tennisbum79
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Domi or Ana
Isn't Caro ranked above these 2?
What would be the rationale?

Gilas.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Isn't Caro ranked above these 2?
What would be the rationale?

I only think they will be decent alternatives ;) but to be honest Adidas should just stay with Caro. Yeah she hasn't been as impressive this year BUT methinks she'll still win more matches than the other 2, AND she'll still top 10 so she'll get TV courts much often. And the whole point was exposure anyway.

But if they WILL drop Caro I think Caro or Domi would make good alternatives.

Mattographer
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
Adidas dumps Stella McCartney.

Temperenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Domi or Ana

Ana has made 1 Semifinal all year... that would be horrible exposure for Stella McCartney.

And Domi gets a big win and then disappears for 2 months. Also horrible exposure.

Caroline is the clear choice for now.

tennisbum79
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
I think Kiri would be particularly superb in Stella McCartney. VIP's a little too stocky (in the best possible sense)
but tbh her designs have been :help: this year so w/e
Didn't already try Kiri in the past?

She does not stay in the tournament long enough to give long exposure and generate a buzz about the outfits.

That is the same problem with Ana and the rest.

It think it would be a mismatch, miscast for Stosur

Ksenia.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
Publicity-wise Caro is the best choice right now but no one can look as good as Kiri in these outfits IMO :inlove:Though I guess it also plays its role that the outfits used to be prettier and more original back when Kiri wore them. Stella McCartney is boring these days.

Melange
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.rtve.es/resources/jpg/3/0/1256891776103.jpg

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
How about Domi :hearts:

Spring Pools
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
It should definitely be Anastasia "Beached Whale" Pavlyuchunkova and Christina "Mustache" McHale

C. Drone
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Rus.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
If Stella does dump Caro, someone should put her on suicide watch.

Material World
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
The Petko dance should be a good advert....

Djezonfly
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
I'm sure Caro would be happy if she was dumped by Stella, she looked absolutely ridiculous in her RG outfit.

tennisbum79
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm sure Caro would be happy if she was dumped by Stella, she looked absolutely ridiculous in her RG outfit.
That is a Stella outfit?

It looked like it just came from any of the Chinese sweatshops

Melange
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
The Petko dance should be a good advert....

most of those players manly figures would be a nightmare for a fashion designer

Mary Cherry.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
I don't see how the Stella collection is profitable anyway. Not just the tennis stuff but all of her Adidas gear - most of the stuff is ridiculous and even more ridiculously overpriced.

Melange
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
That is a Stella outfit?

It looked it just came from any of the Chinese sweatshop

designed in UK, made in sweatshop

Belmont Lad
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Kiri or Ana. They have the figures to do the "designs" (:scared:) justice. The Dane always looks either dumpy, ridiculous, or like she is wearing a too tight sausage casing. :tape:

Mary Cherry.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
most of those players manly figures would be a nightmare for a fashion designer

Androgyny is so haute couture, darling.

aloeball
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Oh gosh. I hate the Stella McCartney range. Its one of the worst, obsure yet mundane 'sportswear'. I dont think I can stomach Angie wearing that shit. I love the general adidas range though.

NashaMasha
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Domi!!!, Caro should be dumped and conclude a contract with Addidas / Adiddas or Adadas("great" Chineese sportswear companies )

http://stopfake.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fakeadidas-011.jpg
http://stopfake.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fakeadidas-005.jpg
http://stopfake.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/fakeadidas-002.jpg

goldenlox
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Caro was #1 for 2010 & 2011. Now its June 2012. A little hasty to make a change.

Tennis Fool
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Were posts deleted from this thread :confused:

Potato
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Adidas switches Stella McCartney for someone else please

Sisyphus
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Aga is number 3, has been winning tournaments and has an amazing figure. She's quite short though.

Vincey!
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Who would look the best in that line is definitely Kirilenko but they should stick with Caro, she's still top 10 and she can still improve again. Let her slip outside the top 15/20 before considering changing unless you have another player that is higher than her that could pull the clothes off. Ivanovic would look ridiculous in those clothes I think and so would Kerber/Petkovic/Hantuchova/Pavly/McHale.

-Sonic-
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Sure, it'd be frickin hilarious.

Girl already thinks she isn't paid enough, fire her and see what a strop she pulls. Just wearing free clothes and doing some photo shoots is so not deserving of millions (?) of £$£$....

Melange
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
^Girl is doing her best to stay relevant and get airtime for her sponsors by doing a rant and pretending she was robbed :yeah:

Tennis_News
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
I would say stay with Caro, but why can't they sign more players on the Stella line? I think Ivanovic would be a good option to represent the brand; she has glamour status and is very popular internationally. Also going back to Kiri would be good as she wears the clothes very well.

Wiggly
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Petkovic and Kerber would look ridiculous on McCartney's stuff.

Kirilenko had the perfect, petite almost fragile body to pull it off.

jameshazza
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Adidas dumps Stella McCartney.

This. :help:

Realistically Kerber, and Woz wasn't exactly a Skinny Minny when she started wearing those 'apparel'
Kerber could potentially be a top 10 main stay for the next few years. Although, would she want to wear that shit?

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
so you have to be short and skinny to look good in the Stella outfits :scratch:

tennisbum79
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
so you have to be short and skinny to look good in the Stella outfits :scratch:
So why did they chose Caro in the first place?

Maria rocks
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Caro is still better than the others on that list.

Patrick345
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
These dresses all look awful, so if somebody should be receiving the punishment of having to wear them for million of dollars it´s Wozniacki. ;)

cowsonice
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
Kerber doesn't have the starpower or glamour that Caroline (kinda) has.

matty
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Publicity-wise Caro is the best choice right now but no one can look as good as Kiri in these outfits IMO :inlove:Though I guess it also plays its role that the outfits used to be prettier and more original back when Kiri wore them. Stella McCartney is boring these days.

I think Hantuchova would look better in these outfits. Especially dresses--girls with muscular legs (Kiri, Woz, Stosur)don't wear dresses well imo. Kiri is gorgeous, but she has no hip/waist ratio--she is boxy and muscular like a boy. Yes she has a bigger chest, but Dani has a more feminine shape and less bulky legs. But Dani in her nike shorts/skirts and camisole tanks (2006-2008) were probably the best looks for her.

MK Ultra
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Hey.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m510hcStnV1qzimsao2_250.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4hwqs71ab1r0flcdo1_500.png

Pebbles
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:05 PM
was Caroline wearing the SM line this week? the top-skirt combo looked relatively low key for her typical designs.

Reptilia
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:30 PM
Radwanska in Stella :hysteric: I can't....

Melange
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
was Caroline wearing the SM line this week? the top-skirt combo looked relatively low key for her typical designs.

it has that tacky mesh thing that SM seems to think looks good, so its probably one of her designs

Yoncé
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Adidas could get Justine to comeback and wear the Stella gear...

Belmont Lad
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Kiri used to look so good in the Stella gear. :sad:

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:54 AM

:inlove:

Dawn Marie
Jun 4th, 2012, 01:50 AM
They should dump Stella as she is a non mutha effin factor when it comes to REAL FASHION!!! I liek what Jelena Jankovich wears. Now that is a nice tennis dress style!

Dawn Marie
Jun 4th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I Chose Mcchale Cause She Aint Cute And Neither Are Stella's Clothes. A Perfect Match.

Mynarco
Jun 4th, 2012, 01:55 AM

This MUST be said

DefyingGravity
Jun 4th, 2012, 01:58 AM
The Stella line needs more than ONE player. Get Caroline, Kiri, AND someone else. Ana doesn't look right in couture. She looks her best with simple sports dresses, like her bubble dress from 2008 and the cut from this year's dress. Kerber is going in the right direction, but maybe her body is a little too athletic for Stella's designs. Hantuchova or Pennetta would probably be the better options, Hantuchova especially.

tennisbum79
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Kiri used to look so good in the Stella gear. :sad:
But she does not stay in tournaments long enough enough to give the gear maximum exposure.

Caro was making lot of finals an semi-finals, giving lot of buzz to the collection.

matty
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Penneta? Another woman with a boy shape and no hips--dresses would just hang loosley on her.

MrJovani2293
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Sorana Cirstea! She already is part of adidas!

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:33 AM
i think it's time for adidas to dump stella mccartney. her adidas line is garbage.

tripwires
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I own some of Stella's designs (the yellow skirt from last year's US Open range is my favourite :hearts:) and I absolutely love them. This year's designs have been disappointing but Wozniacki does the clothes no favour either way. Kirilenko looked much better in them.

Richie's
Jun 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Daniela is the only model looking. If Stella designs nice clothes and lines, she's the only one who can carry them on court. fashion+sports= highly marketable but Adidas and Stella are just :tape: on that issues, so no doubts. ;)

guichard
Jun 4th, 2012, 09:04 PM
She will sign a new five year extension with the adidas mccartney lign (source @dkaplansbj)

Sammo
Jun 4th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Daniela could model high couture, Ivanovic has got the body of a block, so the answer is obvious.

Yonexforever
Jun 4th, 2012, 10:31 PM
First of all do ANY of these tennis dresses sell these days?
Its not like in the days of yore when u could have a racket named after you and it would sell or sneakers etc. I cant imagine Stella gets ANY return from paying any tennis player NOT named Sharapova, because the results have to get you photographed AND you have to look good in em.
Radwanska for example has NO shape, th at sack she was wearing didnt help neither!

it-girl
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Ana already has a good deal with Adidas, I don't see why she would change that.

Pops Maellard
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Aga. She deserves those ugly outfits more than the rest of those girls :oh:.

LeRoy.
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Adidas could get Justine to comeback and wear the Stella gear...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m50ogszKEr1qhgj0co4_250.gif

Sianta
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Both Kirilenko and Ivanovic would look great in the Stella designs but I don't see either of them getting the consistent exposure of Wozniacki in the near future. They would also suit Petkovic's figure but her personality is more fun than high fashion. Stick with Wozniacki for now.

$uricate
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:07 AM
I think they should dump her for Anna Kournikova (once they've lured her back to tennis)

Oh it would be so scandalous :oh: