Juju Nostalgique
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
WOOHOO Angie!!! :woohoo: :bowdown:

Whattayear! :eek:

Now clean the house! :rocker2:

Johnbert
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
not the best performance from angie, but who cares, a win is a win :shrug:

what a huge opportunity to make another gs-semifinal.

Smitten
Kerber really did fuck all. Just move along the baseline like a crab on the beach getting back those fugly, hard to read strokes with little pace.

She was shamelessly junkballing at times too. If Martic had been more disciplined, experienced, and didn't DF she would have won. Petra definitely controlled the match.

sxeraserhead
Kerber has really benefited from her draw and facing a steady stream of underpowered players, I get the feeling she would have beaten by 2nd rate ball strikers like Wozniak, Zakopalova, etc. It's still a testament to her fighting spirit that she has made a QF on a surface where she is nothing more than a fast retriever.

Monica_Rules
Awful match from Kereber. She moonballed the whole time. Tennis died today

vozas
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Too much moonballing for my taste, but Kerber deserves this QF. What a year she's having.

JoPova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
I've watched just some parts of the match and the last few games! Kerber pushed Petra to death from what I was able to see! :hysteric:

Drimal
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Second GS QF for Angie :dance:

Cleffa
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
The double faults and UEs cost Martic the match otherwise she could've gone through to QF. But great tournament for her and great performance.

Btw, is Kerber a natural left-hander or not cause I saw her using right hand to sign the camera?

Specter
Well, Angie hung in there and won it somehow. A win is a win, I guess. But she really needs to step up her game on every single level (except mentally) if she wants to have a chance against Clayrani. It could get ugly otherwise.

Wolbo
Hadn't seen Martic play before and I'm pleasently surprised. She has a very nice varied game with a lot of good strokes and excellent netplay. She was every bit as good as Kerber in terms of quality of play, perhaps even better, but lost because of Kerber's defensive tenacity which caused Martic to make a few too many errors (the point that gave Kerber her first matchpoint was a good example). Expect and hope to see a lot more of Martic. And she's cute as a button too.

Michael!
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Not really a great match this was :lol:
Some good rallies here and there but Martic just made too many UEs!
She has a great game, nice serve, good touch, good fh, able to hit agood slice on bh, really nice to watch when she is on but too many mistakes today!
Kerber was too passive today, did nothing for the game, only was hoping for errors from Martic often but that tactics was working in the end, good defensive and less errors...enough to win today.
But she has to play much more aggressive against Errani and has to hope that the court gets faster again, otherwise it will be really tough for her!

ce
Kerber played smart. She can be agressive when she needs to, and moonball like today. On to the semis with Maria :cool:

BH both wings
Horrible match. The conditions weren't that bad, I don't think so.

Martic wasn't able to understand Kerber's (lack of) game at all, she let Kerber hit those ridiculous 2nd serves without doing anything about it. Hack, they almost second bounced on her and she still stayed behind the baseline. Finally she went into moonball competitions with Kerber. Sorry. So often she didn't dare to step into the court, her volleying is great, but she needs to develop an aggressive middle game, especially against players like really badly playing Kerber.

Kerber on the other hand, oh dear oh dear. I don't want to see anything like that ever again.

Dado90
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Angie defens is just :inlove:

Congrats :yeah:

Petra :hug:

Let.them.talk
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Petra did have an epic match (with Bartoli) and other good wins, good RG for her :)

John.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Angie :hearts: What a year she's having

Jogi
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
winning when not playing at their best, that's what the great players do :) congrats to Angie for somehow fighting through this tournament without playing the best tennis on her worst surface, saving the best for the latter stages of the tournament hopefully :angel:

GoofyDuck
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Would like to see Kerber hit her Fh more agressive atleast next round.

ananke
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Enjoyable match, despite the UEs and DFs. I'm quite impressed with Petra's game. Some brilliant points and great net play from her. Please work on those DFs and don't fall into obscurity (again) :kiss:

Lin Lin
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
:yeah: