PDA

View Full Version : RG R16: (21) Sara Errani def. (26) Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-0 7-5

FleetSeb
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Errani opened up a 6-0 2-0 lead, fell behind 3-5 and then won the last four games.

So we saw GOATnetsova for 1 match precisely. All over the place today.

Credit to Sara, so solid, and generally great depth.

tenn_ace
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Retire Sveta

Darop.
Mental giant :drool:

Dealt with that so well :D :inlove:

Pasta-Na
Kuzzy :hug:

Mynarco
Disappointing Sveta :o

GOATdin0931
Won the same amount of games as Oudin :oh:

doomsday
Very impressive, she beat 2 former champs even though they're far far from their best.

Smitten
Again, Errani is so underrated.

Her manipulation and control of the racquethead is one of the best on tour. Excellent shot selection, great job taking the ball as early as she could, and returned well against Svetlana not letting the spin play her.

Back to back slam QFs. Amazing.

M.S.F
http://i49.tinypic.com/2m4yvyr.gif

Awful shot selection and footwork from Sveta.

Juju Nostalgique
Agatha :help: :help: :help:

Brad[le]y.
Svetlana was shit throughout the match; Errani was playing great all-court tennis in the first but resorted to passive play in the second.

WD Sara.

Let.them.talk
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
I think both were great!
Too bad for Sveta's ue on the net in the last game but the match point was :worship:

Kuznetsova: Mové los pies

:lol:

mckyle.
Errani was serving Schiavone 2010 tea for the first eight games and then she did well to come back from 3-5 down. Kuznetsova is so inconsistent; can't believe that's the same woman who won two slams.

homogenius
Another good match from Errani.She let Sveta comeback in the match with that bad game while leading 6-0 *2-0 but reacted well at the end of the set.
Sveta had no clue.at all.

kaktusino
Second GS QF for Errani. WTA :lol:

MS
Well done Sara, amazing!!!! :D

Slamlesswanska
Pathetic Sexlana...

goldenlox
I've seen so many of Sveta's matches that it was hard to believe the Radwanska win. It had to be Aga being off, and it was.
But Sveta is making little improvements, so maybe she can be a factor on hardcourt.
This was the soft section of this draw and Errani can make the semis

TuxedoSlam
Congrats Sara. So happy for you! Brilliant and gutsy play :cool:

Thank you Sveta for playing great 1 match a year and taking out Radwanska. :wavey:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Just hopeless Sveta :facepalm:
At least she beat the Vulture

Michael!
Sveta, you moron :o
First u get bagelled by MM Queen Errani and then u waste a lead in 2nd set as usual!
4th round of a slam and u play Errani with Kerber or Martic next and u waste it :happy:
One step forward, two steps back :facepalm:

Lord Choc Ice
Errani's just getting donated chokes all over the place :rolleyes:.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m422qafuif1rt8t3no1_250.gif

Zamboni
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
:sobbing:
I am sooooooo happy :bounce:

First set was amazing from Sara, 2nd set got tougher as expected, but she fought really hard to stay in it, and I suppose Sveta's brain helped a little as well. ;)

2nd GS QF this year. :dance::dance:

John.
The better player on the day won. Who would have Errani would make back to back slam QF's at the start of the year. Kudos to her

Material World
Svetlana was shit throughout the match; Errani was playing great all-court tennis in the first but resorted to passive play in the second.

WD Sara.

This basically. Sveta did up her game a fair bit in the second but totally deserved win for the hummingbird. :hearts:

awsk8er
wow, I didnt expect that :eek: congrats Sara.

saul1333
Aga rolling over in her grave :sobbing:

lee station
sveta what were you doing. congrats errani

FORZA SARITA
Sara keeps proving the TF tennis experts wrong :hearts: suck it morons :wavey:
a weaponless pusher who can win only MMs reaching 2 slam quarters in a row :scratch: how's possible :scratch:

Vikapower
:lol: Did people expect another result ? --

Kuznetsova was losing this match the moment she beat Radwanska. I'm only surprised of how it was easy for Errani but at the end of the day the better player won. Errani is having a greater season than Kuznetsova, had a good pre-RG clay preparation and deserves to go further in this event regardless of who Kuznetsova had beaten previously.

Fantasy Hero
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
whoever doesn't recognize the merits of Sara is just dumb! she has a great physical form and a terrific footwork, her shots are so various and despite what haters say, she can hit winners and she builds the point so well, that FH is just awesome on clay and she totally outplayed two former GS champions for this 2nd straight QF :yeah: great job girl!

Dexter
Good job Errani on taking advantage and defeating two has-been's in a row. Held her composure very well in the end of set 2.
I had no doubts last round was flash in the pan and probably the only good match she will play all season long. No doubt she's capable of but her mental side is just hopeless. This woman needs some help.

Ivanović & Radwańska -> :timebomb:

Libertango
Sveta, you're an idiot, but well played to Sara - TOTALLY deserved. That's how you make the most of what you've got :worship:

Sveta. I am coming after you.

Gilas.
Agnieszka on suicide watch.
Sarita :yeah: B2B QFs :hearts: and winnable against Kerber :oh:

JoPova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Sara was so good today! Good luck against Kerber! You'll need it! :hysteric:

pedropt
Well deserved win, I think she's the favourite against Kerber.

Svetlana :rolleyes:

GrandMartha
Disgusting performance. Errani played well though. She'll crush Kerber I'm afraid.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Sexlana back to being as useless as ever. :hearts: Thanks for getting rid of The Almighty One, though.

Great effort by Errani. :yeah: She is overachieving like crazy but good for her.

vozas
Svetlana :spit:

LUVMIRZA
Sveta:smash:

Renalicious
Kuzzie, what a fail. :facepalm:

Hats off to Sara Errani for making her second consecutive GS QF. She is very underrated on here.

Expat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
As I said in the WWW thread, this is Sveta
Peak Sveta is even rarer than Peak Pierce. Expect her to lose to some random nobody. Who better than Errani is left in the draw to lose to.

Mixal
Well deserved win. Sara has a great chance against Kerber from what I've seen today.

Svetlana :shrug:

homogenius
Errani always had some game.She improved mentally and physically the past few years and is getting the success she deserves.not that surprising imo

Dan_Doe
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Sara was better today and deserved to win.

ce
So happy for Sarita. Such a smart player. I really enjoy watching her play :-)

Patrick345
The way this is going we´ll have a Errani vs. Sharapova final. :eek:

rnwerner
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:59 AM

Her manipulation and control of the racquethead is one of the best on tour. Excellent shot selection, great job taking the ball as early as she could, and returned well against Svetlana not letting the spin play her.

That's true. But her serve is still not very good. And on slow clay (like today) Errani is of course Top 5, but there aren't much tournaments on slow clay. She's very professional and solid, as today. Good match from her, but not brillant. Kuznetsova was bad, first set was so bad... some errors were just unbelievable.

flareon
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
Wow sveta what a choke...

Dado90
What a year!! :sobbing:

WD girl! :yeah:

Caipirinha Guy
As predicted :haha:

strictennis
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
But Sara lost to Hantuchova in Pattaya. How did she manage to pull off this win?

Patrick345
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Does that mean Errani has more offense than Radwanska?

Don´t answer it´s rhetorical. :p

Unfortunately I think Errani will do one better and get her first top ten win in the QF. :eek:

dawidryba
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Why Kuznetsova has to play so well against Agnieszka ?! :confused::mad:

Today she was so bad...

Monica_Rules
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Sveta was shocking

She seems to be less fit than in the past

FORZA SARITA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
But Sara lost to Hantuchova in Pattaya. How did she manage to pull off this win?

that was last year :happy:

flareon
Sara impressed me today.

Sean.
I hope you're happy, Ana! :facepalm:

Slamlesswanska
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Aga ang Ana go to the shopping with Jeca :oh: :bigcry:

TheHangover
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
well done, errani saving the wta

Laura_VeeFan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sveta, girl
http://i.imgur.com/6au21.gif

The Daviator
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
What a season Errani is having, well done to her :yeah:

TheHangover
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
The way this is going we´ll have a Errani vs. Sharapova final. :eek:

i hope so, but i fear it would be the shortest final ever, sharapova would destroy errani "serve" with her returns

Madoka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
i dont understand why errani is so hated and underrated.

i didnt like her, but i saw her playing a lot of time lataly and damn, her game improoved a lot.

She doenst push at all !!

she attacks !! she makes winners, drop shots, volč.

Her game has a lot of variety.

Excelscior
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sveta, kept losing opportunities (to go up 2-0 in the first set), then she got blitzed in it 6-0. Then she gutted her way back to a 5-3 lead in the second set (it was 3-3 before that), then she blew both the return and serve game to tie it up at 5-5. Then after that, she just blew it with UE.

Give Errani credit though. She played well enough, and cut down the errors. She didn't have to play as well as she's done earlier in the tournament, cause Sveta wasn't spectacular, and at times dismal in the match.

So don't call her a "pusher" based off of this; cause she only dealt with what she was given.

I'm sure Vika and Kerber are Happy though?

Cherry.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Really impressed by Sara. Great win. :yeah:

tejmeglekvár
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
So NID :lol: back to back slam QF. :bowdown:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Sveta was pretty awful for most of the match although she did play very well from 0-2 down in the 2nd set to get to 5-3 up. But after that it was back to the level of the 1st set. Overall I have to say I was absolutely shocked for most of this match how poor Kuznetsova played after looking amazing just two days ago.

Sara though was super and totally deserves her place in the quarters. She competed brilliantly thoughout, played within herself and patiently but also cracked the ball whenever she had the opportunity to do so very successfully.

Back to back quarterfinals in Slams and 3 titles, what a year for Sara. But the funny thing is Sara's game hasn't really changed. But one single thing that has changed is her belief. That was present from the 1st point today and her confidence contrasted starkly with Sveta's lack of it. I believe it is that confidence that has allowed her to play her very best at the Slams this year when it has mattered most as well as allowing her to win her three titles this year.

I expected Sveta to win this match easily, and I was totally 100% wrong. Don't mind though. Very pleased for Sara. :yeah:

Fantasy Hero
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
I don't like her because "I don't think it (yeah it) is a good image for the WTA"...

yes, a player with a small body, that lacks of a bright natural talent, not so physically powerful and still works hours on court and in gym, plays a nice tennis and goes far in GS and in the ranking beating great names is clearly not a good image for sport, let's keep with the "hard work is not good enough, just prize the natural talents instead!" :yeah: that's such an amazing phylosophy to embrace

Gilas.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
i dont understand why errani is so hated and underrated.

i didnt like her, but i saw her playing a lot of time lataly and damn, her game improoved a lot.

She doenst push at all !!

she attacks !! she makes winners, drop shots, volč.

Her game has a lot of variety.

ANY player who isn't an OBVIOUS power hitter is a pusher in TF's eyes. There's no in between.

Patrick345
i hope so, but i fear it would be the shortest final ever, sharapova would destroy errani "serve" with her returns

I don´t know Zvereva has set the bar pretty high on that one. Sharapova probably takes that much time to adjust her hair and avoiding the lines between points during a match. :lol:

Wintermute
Did not get to see Aga vs Sveta, I was at work. But I can only assume that Kuznetsova is actually played by twins and today was the useless one's turn. Aga must be gutted at seeing this result and kicking herself for not playing better as I'm sure she could have brought more against Errani than Kuzzy.

Sara has had a very good year so I'm not totally surprised she's taken the opportunities here. This quarter looked so tough when the draw came out but it's really dissolved.

Libertango
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
I don't like her because "I don't think it (yeah it) is a good image for the WTA"...

... what?!

CuteKoala
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Good job, Sara! :cool:

bobito
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:34 PM

She may have the best tennis brain in the women's game at the moment. Outstanding.

gumoll
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
so expected :lol:

one good match by Sveta and then losing to this shitty player :spit: :rolls:

Ellery
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Sara :hearts: Amazing job gurl. Good luck against Angie!

Sveta :hug:

goat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
So shit. Well played errani I loved the depth of her shots.

Sombrerero loco
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
aga :facepalm:

*Jean*
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Svetlana :sad:

Simugna Help
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
WD Sara. Now please lose to Kerber. :yeah:

Slampova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
:speakles:

bandabou
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Sara is underrated. She's quite good.and Sveta? Well..:shrug:

Ryan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
Not a fan of Errani at all, but gotta respect the work she's put in - incredibly fit, confident, and in control of her game right now.

Andrewraven
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Well done sara, but sveta :(

FORZA SARITA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM

talks the Radwanks fan :hysteric:

Miracle Worker
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Sveta did her job during this RG, but this match :facepalm:

gumoll
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
talks the Radwanks fan :hysteric:
are you really comparing this player to Aga? :spit: :retard:

so delusional :lol:

tennislover
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
BRAVA SARA!!!

:woohoo:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
are you really comparing this player to Aga? :spit: :retard:

so delusional :lol:

you're doing it :lol:

Brad[le]y.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
I've given Sara a hard time in the past, but I'm starting to like her game. She has the ability to play beautiful all-court tennis.

2moretogo
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Not a fan of Sara's either, but a give her all the credit in the world for actual playing more clay court style. Excellent control of the ball and great movement.

Sveta, I still love you!

Mistress of Evil
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
She may have the best tennis brain in the women's game at the moment. Outstanding.

Indeed. Glad to see you could still appreciate Sara despite the strange sounds she produces that emulate a variety of species from the rainforest fauna.
I admire you so much in this regard; always putting personal bias aside and always giving credit when credit is due. :worship:

Vuvurenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ohhh Sveta this would have been such a good opportunity to get your groove back again :facepalm:

Anyway Errani has been really underestimated. Onto the QF.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Sveta not her best. Sara Errani played a very good match, congrats to her :cheer:. Really living up to her reputation as a solid claycourter.

Pvt. Kovalenko
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Sveta :sad:

We knew this match would be harder than the previous matches.

Congrats to Sara CLAY GOATErrani :yeah:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Sara :worship:
Sveta :haha: Expected.:tape:

Stonerpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Radwanska :haha:

tennisfan5
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
what a waste, sveta

Belmont Lad
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
And Sveta returns to usual level of f**kery :facepalm:

In The Zone
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Istanbul is looking more and more likely. :lol:

Madoka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM

the shitty player would be radwanksa.

Kasey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
the shitty player would be radwanksa.

Look what this shitty player did to Obnoxiousrani in Madrid

Madoka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Look what this shitty player did to Obnoxiousrani in Madrid

I am not a fan AT ALL of Errani.

I stated it several time.

So i cant care less of what she did to her in Madrid.

GrafMariaPetraK
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwl6p6FGll1r5gvg1o1_500.gif

Kasey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
Then why trying to state that several times?

Anyway, Agatha should be ashamed of herself. That's all.

Fuzzylogic
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
How she can go from the way she played against Radwanska to how she played today against Errani whom she has a good h2h over is befuddling, not that I care.

Madoka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Then why trying to state that several times?

Cos retarted see my italian flag, and automatically, like you, think i like her just cos she is italian too.

treufreund
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Radwanska is not the topic here. She is simply an easy matchup for Sveta because her ball stays in Sveta's strike zone. Errani did not allow Sveta to see any shots in her strike zone. I am glad Errani won because she has a fun game to watch and also because the women's game has always featured smaller players like Arantxa, Amanda Coetzer, Justine Henin, Martina Hingis, Cibulkova and now Errani. I would find it very sad if that tradition of smaller players with great movement were not still a part of the mix. I might even put Kerber in the mix as a smaller player in stature but I am not exactly sure how tall she is.

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Kuzzy, girl :facepalm: sad for her that she played one goat match to save the WTA and flopped in the next match to Errani...congrats errani

BH both wings
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Radwanska is not the topic here. She is simply an easy matchup for Sveta because her ball stays in Sveta's strike zone. Errani did not allow Sveta to see any shots in her strike zone. I am glad Errani won because she has a fun game to watch and also because the women's game has always featured smaller players like Arantxa, Amanda Coetzer, Justine Henin, Martina Hingis, Cibulkova and now Errani. I would find it very sad if that tradition of smaller players with great movement were not still a part of the mix. I might even put Kerber in the mix as a smaller player in stature but I am not exactly sure how tall she is.

Kerber is about 172 or 173 cm, about the size of Radwanska or Li.

AndyUK
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Errani's got more natural talent that a lot of the players on the WTA. She was impressive today and deserved the win. Kuznetzova was all over the place.

gmak
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Sveta :o :lol: :help: :facepalm:
from GOAT to local in 2 days :banghead:

at least, she took out the trash in the previous round :shrug:

Beat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
expected, really. sveta's match against radwanska was an anomaly, sadly.

égalité
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Headcasenetsova. Typical :cheer:

Please win, Carebear :hysteric:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Why didnt we know Sveta was in the "Road to RG Car" before ???

who ever goes in that LOSES

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
I don't think so ... Na did the Road to RG Car thing last year before the final :oh:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:32 PM
^ that was last yr :p

Roookie
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:51 PM
NID. People hyping Sveta to win the title after her win over Radwanska :hah:

tejmeglekvár
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Why didnt we know Sveta was in the "Road to RG Car" before ???

who ever goes in that LOSES

Pico was in taxi and won yesterday :hearts:

Amalgamate
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Sveta :facepalm:

Kasey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
I am not a fan AT ALL of Errani.

I stated it several time.

So i cant care less of what she did to her in Madrid.

Cos retarted see my italian flag, and automatically, like you, think i like her just cos she is italian too.

Do you even know what you're writing :hysteric:

PetraReeMona
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Well done Sara :clap2::worship::banana::rocker:

Sara looks so fit and ready for this.

Sveta... you've got such an amazing game, but sometimes you are just :cuckoo:

Madoka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Do you even know what you're writing :hysteric:

yes.

i wonder if you can understand what i am writing.

Kasey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
yes.

Good, then let it stay that way.

It's high time I left because I don't intend on contributing to neither this thread nor your posts.

Madoka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
It's high time I left

Indeed.

PetraReeMona
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:40 PM

Can you please explain :confused:

tkutsaar
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:32 AM
This match demonstrates how the rules of tennis can level the play to such an extent that on occasion a player can snatch a victory out of annihilation. Sara was clearly the better player dominating Kuznetsova something fierce, almost at will. And yet in the 12th game of the second set Svetlana on her serve had a 40-15 lead to force a tie breaker with the obvious opportunity to level the match. She also earlier lost her chance to level the match when she was serving for the set at 5-3 but I don’t believe she enjoyed got a set point in that game.

Ntosake
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:45 AM
:weirdo::smash:Head case Kuzzy showed up again.

Congrats Errani.

Smith Saybrook
Jun 4th, 2012, 07:02 AM

I think she's rated where she should be. She's only beaten one top 15 player all year, and that was Ivanovic in this tournament. In Melbourne she only beat one seed en route to the QF, which was Petrova.

Not saying it's not a great experience, but she's gotten a fair bit of luck in the past two GS. I mean Radwanska beat her in Madrid 0 & 1.

I mean it takes a special enough player to take the opportunities when given, but until she starts consistently beating the top players I don't think she should be getting huge plaudits. If she beats Kerber, it'll be a big sign of her progressing past her perceived plateau.