PDA

View Full Version : WWW RG Junior French Championships?

Vaxey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Who will win?

M.S.F
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Why is Daria still playing juniors?!

jj74
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Why is Daria still playing juniors?!

i am wondering the same.
She better pass, and concentrate on itfs to improve her wta ranking

Wonderlander
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
i am wondering the same.
She better pass, and concentrate on itfs to improve her wta ranking

Sponsors still pay her good money for playing (and winning) Junior GS.
And she's now playing a 25k every week it's possible so she is concentrated enough I guess :)

FORZA SARITA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
could at least post the draw lazy ass :weirdo:

M.S.F
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:18 AM

Could you at least be polite :weirdo:

chingching
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:42 AM
I can't believe you put danilina in over anett

Dan_Doe
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm going with Beck or Khromacheva ;)

ciprianned
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Khromacheva

Vaxey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
I can't believe you put danilina in over anett

Danilina is #6, Anett is #12 :)

Sombrerero loco
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
please bencic :)

Lisickinator
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Khromacheva Antonia Lottner
;)

Rex59
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Glad to see Francoise Abanda, who looks and plays like Venus in this event. Hope at some point there is a stream, if she goes far.

BlueTrees
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Khromacheva

(Q)Antonia Lottner (GER) df. (4)Irina Khromacheva (RUS) 6-2 6-1 :wavey: :oh:

Rockjack
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Beck after her game with Bertens

Anna Schemodilova if she beats Gavrilova will go far.

Monica_Rules
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Quite a few good juniors missing.

This is going to be won by a randomer.

deliverance.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Lottner, if she isn't overrated by TF and is that good.
I hope Townsend and Bouchard will fight.

Dexter
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'm going with Beck or Vekić.

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
where's danka kovinic?

Sombrerero loco
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
bencic also lost :facepalm:

Mana
Jun 4th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Daria Salnikova ;)

Nicolás89
Jun 4th, 2012, 01:41 AM

And you could go to the RG official website & check the draw yourself, lazy ass. :weirdo:

Vincey!
Jun 4th, 2012, 01:42 AM
I'm thinking Beck or Genie.

I think Lottner will go really far too, she could be a surprise after her recent results.

Amalgamate
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Hopefully Taylor again :) Kiick as a darkhouse.

BlueTrees
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:11 AM
I think it'll be Beck, Vekic, Lottner, Siniakova or Kiick.

tennisbum79
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Glad to see Francoise Abanda, who looks and plays like Venus in this event. Hope at some point there is a stream, if she goes far.
Few years ago

She really does look like a young Venus

http://www.ouest-france.fr/of-photos/2009/02/23/va30_1904788_1_px_470_.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/334utxd.jpg

FERLKE
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Beck or Schmiedlova for the title

Inger67
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Why is Bouchard still playing juniors too? :confused:

canuckfan
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Why is Bouchard still playing juniors too? :confused:

I'm guessing she wants a slam.

I really don't get the complaints about Beck, Khromacheva, Bouchard and al. still playing junior slams. Winning the junior french open will mean a lot more to them than winning some random ITF challengers.

AnomyBC
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Normally I would say Taylor Townsend, but that would require the impossibility of the same player winning twice. As such, I'm thinking Beck is the most likely winner. But that said, I'm rooting for Genie and Sachia :)

Inger67
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:41 AM
I'm guessing she wants a slam.

I really don't get the complaints about Beck, Khromacheva, Bouchard and al. still playing junior slams. Winning the junior french open will mean a lot more to them than winning some random ITF challengers.

It kind of reminds me of Noppawan though, she stayed in juniors so long and finally won a slam. Seems somewhat desperate to me to stay in that long. But I feel like she should focus on her transition into the pros too if she wants to make a name for herself.

She's 18 now, what's the rule on playing junior tennis? Is this her last year?

canuckfan
Jun 4th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Anyone born in 1994 or later can play junior tournaments in 2012. It doesn't matter if your birthday is in january or december. In 2013, it's gonna be 1995 or later, etc...

The way I see it, these girls have 10+ years on the pro circuit coming up, so playing an extra junior tournament or two won't make much of a difference. It's not like they're playing a random grade 2 in South America.

Sure, winning a junior slam at 18 is not necessarily a sign of greatness, but aside from us here, who cares about the winner's age really ?

juki
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
QF lineup is set....

Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (SVK) vs (5)Katerina Siniakova (CZE)
Antonia Lottner (GER) vs Clothilde De Bernardi (FRA)

(12)Anett Kontaveit (EST) vs (16)Alexandra Kiick (USA)
(2)Annika Beck (GER) vs (9)Chalena Scholl (USA)

Annika must be the favorite, but pretty much everyone left is capable of pulling the upset :shrug:

hardball
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:47 PM
why is Anett not on this list? she's underranked cause she's been playing ITF lately, but she has to be one of the contenders. just knocked out bouchard.

hardball
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Anett's through to the semis!

StephenUK
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:42 PM
This tournament ruthlessly exposed the total inexperience of Taylor Townsend - her very first red clay event, indeed her very first event in Europe. Hopefully she will learn from this experience, but it seems that the USTA failed dismally in preparing the world no 1 junior for this event - she should have played either another junior clay event or tried her hand at a red clay European ITF. She really stood no chance against someone like Schmiedlova who was capable of winning a $25k in Brescia as a qualifier the other week.

Given that Ms T has barely played outside the US and only knows hard court and green clay as surfaces, I would not give her much chance of doing well at Wimbledon either as she will probably not deal well at all with the movement or the bounces on grass.

Yet again, we have another example of unenterprising American players who don't travel enough and learn enough about tennis round the world - when they do make the effort, like Sloane Stephens on red clay, they can do pretty well but most of them just keep to the States until they are established on the WTA tour.

Halepsova
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM
It looks like wining a junior RG isn't a sign of greatness anymore, no matter what age you win it. Junior RG has so many random winners in the past years and I believe we will have another surprise this year. Maybe De Bernardi. :o