PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki :"It's a disgrace that mistakes like this are made"

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
"If they cannot see, they should have other umpires on the lines or use Hawk-eye on these courts. It's a disgrace that mistakes like this are made."

She still hasn't realize that the disgrace of women's tennis is HERSELF. Go get some help Caroline. :facepalm:

Have you guys seen the video on Eursoport.com is she serious? :lol: She argued during 5 minutes or sth saying that the umpire would be embarrassed if there were hawk eyes because the ball was clearly OUT etc.... she is a mess in every way.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/020...i-mcenroe.html

ZAK
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
LOL Caroline it doesn't matter. Bad calls have happened once in a while throughout the decades and great players deal with it.

Traitor
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
oh shut your trap.Like it made a difference.

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
"If they cannot see, they should have other umpires on the lines or use Hawk-eye on these courts. It's a disgrace that mistakes like this are made."

Like she hasnīt argued with hawkeye before. :lol:

TennisAddict84
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM

She still hasn't realize that the disgrace of women's tennis is HERSELF. Go get some help Caroline. :facepalm:

Have you guys seen the video on Eursoport.com is she serious? :lol: She argued during 5 minutes or sth saying that the umpire would be embarrassed if there were hawk eyes because the ball was clearly OUT etc.... she is a mess in every way.

:lol::lol::lol:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
talks the disgrace and ruin of WTA :weirdo:

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

homogenius
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
she' so fake.she's done this (the arguing and all) in many matches in the past.When she's in trouble it's one of her tricks but these antics are getting old really.

Excelscior
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
I guess this is how she deals with her losing/disappointment now? Blame the Umpires (instead of her father, her latest coach, or herself). :scratch: :shrug: :scratch:

Maybe she'll actually come around to giving the lower ranked player that beat her some credit. :eek: :help: :eek:

deboraski
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM

As a Julia fan, I know how you feel Woz... :angel:

ananke
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
She probably thinks she'd win if not for this :rolleyes:

Well, she could have. She clearly had some mental collapses after both calls, but those are still her problem, not the umpire's.

Deal with it.

Tennisfan06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
I watched the match on Estonian TV and the commentator told that Caro was once disqualified from a match in juniors USO because she insulted the umpire :haha:

GoofyDuck
She won the set in which this happened..

SVK
Bitterness all over GM/RG tonight.

MaBaker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Tragedy http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad012.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

TennisAddict84
she' so fake.she's done this (the arguing and all) in many matches in the past.When she's in trouble it's one of her tricks but these antics are getting old really.

Yeah, I've noticed that too...needs to deal with the fact that her game is just ineffective ATM.

davidmario
Oh Kaman, it was Killer Kaia's fine choking skills that gave her a chance. Would've been 61 61 otherwise. She acts like she had a game point or something. Kaia was in the zone, it would've been deuce and I'm pretty sure she wouldve made that game anyway and if not she would've choked at 5-3 or 5-4.

She still thinks that her game is a factor in these matches. It's her opponents being nice and choking shit away that let her back into the game.

Slamniacki
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Video: Wozniacki 'does a McEnroe'

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/02062012/58/wozniacki-mcenroe.html

davidmario
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
I watched the match on Estonian TV and the commentator told that Caro was once disqualified from a match in juniors USO because she insulted the umpire :haha:

I remember that. She asked the line umpire if he/she forgot her glasses.

Really gotta love Kaman's sophisticaded insults.

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
She still hasn't realize that the disgrace of women's tennis is HERSELF

Best post of the year!!! :hearts: :hysteric: :lol:

cescsas
I'm afraid that was poor from Wozniacki. Personally I think the ball was out but the umpire has made his decision and players have to respect that regardless if they agree with it or not. It was a disgrace that she asked for the supervisor thinking she can have a trantrum and get her way.

It set's a bad example for the young people watching and I think the authorities should give her a heavy fine to show that her behaviour is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

Well done Kaia by the way :)

Excelscior
Oh Kaman, it was Killer Kaia's fine choking skills that gave her a chance. Would've been 61 61 otherwise. She acts like she had a game point or something. Kaia was in the zone, it would've been deuce and I'm pretty sure she wouldve made that game anyway and if not she would've choked at 5-3 or 5-4.

She still thinks that her game is a factor in these matches. It's her opponents being nice and choking shit away that let her back into the game.

Yeah. Caro conveniently forgets, she was down 5-1, 5-1 and 5-1 (3 different times) in the match. That means she was never really in it at any/most times. So of course any call meant nothing. Cause it should of been a blow out (and was at most times). But Caro is neither grateful, reflective or appreciative after she loses (especially to lower ranked players).

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/ByeBitch.gif

davidmario
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM

I played on clay today for 5 hours and I don't see any space between that mark and the line.

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Kme, kme, kmeeeeee....

I was really indifferent to this girl before, but after that "umpire's call incident" in Miami and now this someone really has to tell her - SHUT UP! It not like it was "Serena - Capriati" situation. She is just whining all the time. First how underpaid she is :sobbing: Then the lines :sobbing: I'm just waiting for her to say "My boyfriend has a little wanker" :sobbing:

:rolleyes:

NashaMasha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
Caro will tell her father , that she lost the match because of wrong calls from stupid and blind umpire....

And she does really believe in it

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
I remember that. She asked the line umpire if he/she forgot her glasses.

Really gotta love Kaman's sophisticaded insults.

:lol:
she could actually be fined for her most recent "outburst" too...directly insulting an umpire and calling out his competency is a big no-no, even if he happened to be wrong in that case

CameronCopper
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
Kme, kme, kmeeeeee....

I was really indifferent to this girl before, but after that "umpire's call incident" in Miami and now this someone really has to tell her - SHUT UP! It not like it was "Serena - Capriati" situation. She is just whining all the time. First how underpaid she is :sobbing: Then the lines :sobbing: I'm just waiting for her to say "My boyfriend has a little wanker" :sobbing:

It's obviously not big enough to shut her mouth. :lol:

Martian Jeza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
The ball was OUT but it doesn't take away the fact she deserved to lose against Kanepi... And she asked the umpire if he went to school :lol: To spot if a ball is IN or OUT requires indeed loads of education :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
It's obviously not big enough to shut her mouth. :lol:

Neither is he :rolls:

Vikapower
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
:haha: Doesn't she own Copenhagen Open ??

That tournament is paradise for bad calls and useless line judges never hear her complain about it. :facepalm:

davidmario
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Seriously. who cannot admit that that ball was scraping the line has never played fast paced tennis on a red clay court. The mark is actually more precise than the hawk-eye. Hawkeye varies up to 3mm. but you "I've never played professional tennis, yet I dare to give my shit about everything" Don't seem to see that.

tucker1989
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
She doesn't realize that she's not number one anymore, and no one cares about her.

Vikapower
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM

Exactly. :lol: I can't remember exactly but there was a time Wozniacki challenged a shot and then argued with the umpire that the hawkeye was wrong -- I wished I could remember where was that. :o

Material World
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
I know it's very TF to hate on Caro and personally I'm an out and out neutral where she's concerned but it is piss poor that RG doesn't seem to use Hawkeye.

Patrick345
WTA brings the drama late in the day. I loved it when one Eurosport commentator said: "Azarenka, Sharapova and Radwanska canīt stand each other and I love it. Iīm tired of this ATP wankfest between Nole, Rafa and Roger. Yeah yeah you are best friends."

I couldnīt believe he said that. Okay maybe he didnīt say wankfest. :angel:

LightWarrior
Q. You have had hired recently Thomas Johansson as coach. Do you have as a plan with him to try to change maybe your game and hit more winners?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: No. I plan to hit just try to improve my game the way I play.

Problem solved ! Not.

deboraski
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
I think that was in Miami, the match versus Maria (on matchpoint?).

Mynarco
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
You cannot just sit there and be so arrogant :haha:

If there's hawkeye you will be so freakin' embarrassed, so embarrassed :haha:

Have you been to school :lol:
and she went straight to see a supervisor :lol:

Lots of gems here and there. I have so much life

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
I think that was in Miami, the match versus Maria (on matchpoint?).

No that was when she tried to convince the umpire not to correctly overrule a call, because she had no challenges left herself. :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/ibym20.gif

Material World
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Q. You have had hired recently Thomas Johansson as coach. Do you have as a plan with him to try to change maybe your game and hit more winners?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: No. I plan to hit just try to improve my game the way I play.

Problem solved ! Not.

:hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

azdaja
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
GE-LH-rnCEM

Nicolás89
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Caro needs eye surgery, I think she haven't got ANY challenge right this year. :facepalm:

Still I support her right to argue close calls.

Martian Jeza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:49 PM
GE-LH-rnCEM

Thank you to relieving me some very sad and awful memories as Chelsea FC fan :p

$uricate
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
As much as I despise Wozniacki, that ball was out.

Bad calls happen though.

NashaMasha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
The ball was OUT but it doesn't take away the fact she deserved to lose against Kanepi...

in slow motions it seems OUT, the mark shows that it was definitely IN. It touched the line at least 1-2 mm .

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:51 PM
No that was when she tried to convince the umpire not to correctly overrule a call, because she had no challenges left herself. :lol:

Wait, she asked Nouni to ask Maria to challenge the call because she had no challenges left, I swear it was unreal. She sounded like a deaf out there :lol: saying "at least let her challenge the call if I have no challenge" bitch you do realize that he overruled the call why would he let Maria challenge the call :lol::lol:

Israel
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:51 PM
Oh Wozzy you're a professional. If you were a club player I would have understood this kind of comment but you've got to move on and play a match.
It's not like she would've won without that call.

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Letīs just hope Estonia and Denmark donīt go to war over this. :angel:

Martian Jeza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
in slow motions it seems OUT, the mark shows that it was definitely IN. It touched the line at least 1-2 mm .

It seemed OUT on my screen but it would have little effects on the outcome of the match : deserved loss.

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
She's obviously starting to crack

Mynarco
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
WTA brings the drama late in the day. I loved it when one Eurosport commentator said: "Azarenka, Sharapova and Radwanska canīt stand each other and I love it. Iīm tired of this ATP wankfest between Nole, Rafa and Roger. Yeah yeah you are best friends."

I couldnīt believe he said that. Okay maybe he didnīt say wankfest. :angel:

who said it :lol:?

it is piss poor that RG doesn't seem to use Hawkeye.

I totally agree with this though.

Miracle Worker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Bye Caroline :wavey:

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
who said it :lol:?.

No idea. Some guy on british eurosport.

cescsas
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
No idea. Some guy on british eurosport.

My money's on Frew McMillan

Sonf@
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:02 PM
She's trying so hard to be relevant these days :haha: :haha:

Who's that umpire, anyway? I think I've never seen him

marineblue
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
This tournament should have used a hawk eye, the umpire just did not bother. Shame, but nothing can be done about it now.

Meelis
Who's that umpire, anyway? I think I've never seen him

Poncho Ayala

Laura_VeeFan

"Have you been to school?"
"If we had hawkeye you'd be so freaking embarassed"

:hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

NashaMasha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
http://s14.postimage.org/igdx74owv/mark.jpg

the line is 1-2 mm covered with a bit of red clay and there is no visible gap between the mark and the line. If Hawk eye was installed there, it would have shown projection of the ball , which is bigger than the mark of the ball on clay

Ball was IN

duhcity
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM

When I watched on NBC, it seemed out, and their Hawkeye said out too. Either way though, the pressure has clearly gotten to Caroline, Shocked she didn't get a warning though.

NashaMasha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
When I watched on NBC, it seemed out, and their Hawkeye said out too. Either way though, the pressure has clearly gotten to Caroline, Shocked she didn't get a warning though.

there is no equipment to show hawk eye at RG , it might've been computer modelling basing on video , but it's useless

At Hard Courts balls which are not toughing the line are very often called by Hawk Eye IN, because Diameter of projection of the ball is noticably bigger It's one of the reasons some top players doesn't like Hawk Eye

PetraReeMona
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
This tournament should have used a hawk eye, the umpire just did not bother. Shame, but nothing can be done about it now.

Doesn't matter though .... it's only a GS, which as you say isn't important :)

Dawn Marie
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/ByeBitch.gif
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahh.

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
You cannot just sit there and be so arrogant :haha:

If there's hawkeye you will be so freakin' embarrassed, so embarrassed :haha:

Have you been to school :lol:
and she went straight to see a supervisor :lol:

Lots of gems here and there. I have so much lifeI think her father or someone from her box told her to do so because after that tirade with umpire she says in Polish 'Ok, I'm gonna try'.

Melange
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
If she had been called for hindrance she would have freaking exploded

rafaelkafka
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM

RG don't have HawkEye in all courts? Jesus! Third world courts in all their glory, muddy + no Hawk Eye!

NashaMasha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
RG don't have HawkEye in all courts? Jesus! Third world courts in all their glory, muddy + no Hawk Eye!

they don't have it on all courts AFAIC. Moreover , i 've already told that HawkEye is useless on clay courts , because there will be always an argument what to call IN/OUT , real mark on the clay or computer projection of the ball?

Historically , mark on clay is more important than virtual projection

Amalgamate
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
I do think Roland Garros should get Hawkeye. Much more accurate than the sketchy ball marks.

rafaelkafka
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM

Thank GOD the mud season is ending! Finally we'll have First world GRASS courts!

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Poncho Ayala

He's got a BAAAAAD French accent! :spit: "Mademoisselle" instead of "Mademoiselle" and so on. :rolls:

Sean.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
People, the issue isn't whether the ball was in our out, regardless she should never have reacted like that!

She should have respected the umpire's decision.

tennisbum79
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
I agree with Caro on the substance of what she is saying.

I saw the first bad call against her in the 2nd set, and the bad was clearly out, visually looking at the mark on tbe baseline, it was evident, but the umpire refused to budge.
This was further was confirmed by TV unofficial hawk eye replay.

Regardless of how you feel about her, on this particular incident she was right.
Don't let your disdain for her color your judgement.

RG has to find a better hawk eye to meet the stringents requirements necessary to use the system.

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
People, the issue isn't whether the ball was in our out, regardless she should never have reacted like that!

She should have respected the umpire's decision.

Thatīs only half the play anyway. Besides testing the limits of the umpire (she complained and argued on the 2nd ball of the match, too) and linespeople (notice how she often tries to draw outcalls by half-heartedly playing shots) Wozniacki does this to break the rhythm of her opponents. She tries to get her opponents mad, so they try to overhit. Kanepi just continued her methodical tactics in the next game; systematically breaking Wozniacki down.

I admire that wilingness of Wozniacki to try everything to win, and itīs always good material afterwards. ;)

C. Drone
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
umpires biggest mistake on clay usually checking wrong marks. There was a match this week, when chair umpire asked linesperson to show which was the mark he called out, and the guy pointed a mark which was at least 1 meter from the real one... both were absolutely clueless. :facepalm:

I guess they have hawk-eye tech on the stadium courts, but they cant use it for official decisions. Theyīre just using the statistical part of the system (like when they show shiny graphics with serve directions, ball hit points, etc...)

Anyway. Nothing new here, Karolina always throws all her diva-ish hissyfits into it, questioning every decision. Little Princess. :hug:

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:40 PM
Ball was out so Caro's right. End.

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/13/40/63/3017928/3/628x471.jpg

Caption away. :lol:

Nicolás89
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Thatīs only half the play anyway. Besides testing the limits of the umpire (she complained and argued on the 2nd ball of the match, too) and linespeople (notice how she often tries to draw outcalls by half-heartedly playing shots) Wozniacki does this to break the rhythm of her opponents. She tries to get her opponents mad, so they try to overhit. Kanepi just continued her methodical tactics in the next game; systematically breaking Wozniacki down.

I admire that wilingness of Wozniacki to try everything to win, and itīs always good material afterwards. ;)

That sounds retarded I hope you can at least realize this.

tennisbum79
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
It is not Caro testing the limit of the umpire line judges patience, rather, it is the incompetence of the umpire testing the player's patience that you need to worry about.
Caro, like any other players can lose patience and their cool.
What I did not see, because there was none of that, is in your insinuation that Caro was doing this to throw off her opponent.

I am not fan of hers, but I refused to let that to affect my view on the bad call today.
ATP players have these kind of argument all the time, they are thought of are firm, strong, forceful , take no sh&^$%$t from anybody.

Nice try with the back hand compliment,

lee station
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/13/40/63/3017928/3/628x471.jpg

Caption away. :lol:heheh, that's obvious

tennisbum79
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
That sounds retarded I hope you can at least realize this.
I agree.
I was too kind to Patrick responding to that same post.

LoveMeansZero
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:58 PM

There you have it, people. God has spoken.:lol:

Roookie
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:00 PM

Lol

schorsch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ff6_UTPDO9s#t=178s

Nope, not McEnroe. She got this material from Roddick :o Always so original, isn't she :)

Patrick345
It is not Caro testing the limit of the umpire line judges patience, rather, it is the incompetence of the umpire testing the player's patience that you need to worry about.
Caro, like any other players can lose patience and their cool.
What I did not see, because there was none of that, is in your insinuation that Caro was doing this to throw off her opponent.

I am not fan of hers, but I refused to let that to affect my view on the bad call today.

Nice try with the back hand compliment,

Of course she does the extended arguing to break the rhythm of her opponents. Once she argued a hawkeye call during a tiebreak for a minute to mess with BZS or Wozniak (I think) and it worked. She won the next few points and the tiebreak. Players do this all the time. MTO, Coaching, 15 minute bathroom breaks after lost sets, going to the towel after every point. Everything to play a match on your terms, in your own rhythm. Once the umpire/hawkeye makes itīs decision, itīs final. Everything after that serves no real purpose, but to rile up the opponent. Of course Kanepi was as cool as a cucumber until the cucumber saw the finish line. :tape:

JN
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM

She won that set and lost the match. End again.

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM
There you have it, people. God has spoken.:lol:

Thanks ;)

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:04 PM

No Razzano in your sig? :(

Fantasy Hero
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:05 PM
well that call was quite dumb actually, not even Kaia believed it could be good...still really a horrible behaviour from Caro

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:17 PM
No Razzano in your sig? :(

Only non-locals are allowed to get there. Losing to Rus doesn't cut it (that's also why Kim hasn't made it) :awww:

M@chete
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:28 PM
oh I see Matt01 is in here.

M@chete
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Freiherr_Knigge

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Only non-locals are allowed to get there. Losing to Rus doesn't cut it (that's also why Kim hasn't made it) :awww:

Then what's Ivanovic doing in there? :tape:

Mynarco
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:30 PM

Then why is Hantuchova up there?

M@chete
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
it is clear.

Another accusations by the "danish" armada.

I hope Carolinska Horseniacki or what ever her name is
will have a wonderful relaxing ride back to where ever she wants to
go in her turkish coffin.

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:40 PM
Then what's Ivanovic doing in there? :tape:

Did she lose to Rus? :confused:

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:41 PM
Did she lose to Rus? :confused:

No, but she's local :oh:

tenn_ace
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:44 PM
oh ppl ppl ppl on this board... haven't I been telling alll along that this girl is nothing but fake shit?

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:47 PM
No, but she's local :oh:

Yes. Now. But not 4 years ago when she was good player.
And she's coming back ;)

jrm
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:07 AM

people are seeing this from wrong perspective; if she is disgrace and got to number one and was there for more than a year being such a disgrace, who is actual disgrace here???

You aren't critise her, you are criticising the entire WTA :lol: we should bow down instead of criticising!!!

Excelscior
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:10 AM
Caro's just trying to create drama, cause she's childish and insecure, and/or she wants people to forget she lost to less heralded, lower ranked Kaia Kanepi in the third rd of a slam. No offense. That's all she's doing.

Look at how often she was down 5-1 (3), and had chances to come back. One call wasn't why she lost.

Cajka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:17 AM
Of course she does the extended arguing to break the rhythm of her opponents. Once she argued a hawkeye call during a tiebreak for a minute to mess with BZS or Wozniak (I think) and it worked. She won the next few points and the tiebreak.

I remember the tb of second set against Wozniak last year in RG. Players like Kanepi and Wozniak really tend to lose the focus in these situations. Of course, it's their own fault.

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:21 AM
Caro questions every call on clay, it gets a tad old :yawn:.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:30 AM
Caro lost a good opportunity to go deep here and she knows it. No need fotr her to take it out on others, just play/train better. A year ago she would have beaten Kanepi.

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:49 AM

Watch your mouth, mister. You are talking about the former #1 player here. About 2 years long best player on tour. She's got all the rights to speak off.

pov
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:52 AM
She still hasn't realize that the disgrace of women's tennis is HERSELF. Go get some help Caroline.
That's a stupid thing to say. How is she a disgrace to tennis? Because she doesn't have a great offensive game? Based on your comment above - she ain't the one needing the help.

mauresmofan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:08 AM
I think it was out but the manner in which she went about it was all wrong. Not as bad as Hingis mind you in 99 but still!

Stonerpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:12 AM
She won the set in which this happened..

This :lol:

ViennaCalling
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:34 AM
She still won the 2nd set with this mistake :weirdo:

In the third set there was no bad call, so why she is whining? :help:

KarlyM*
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:38 AM
Her comments make it sound like that one blown call cost her the match when it didn't.

Uranus
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM
:spit: "Have you been to school?"

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM
She still won the 2nd set with this mistake :weirdo:

In the third set there was no bad call, so why she is whining? :help:

It's you who want to see her whining, in reality she's just speaking the things the way they are. And they must listen to it coming from one of the ambassadors of this sport of ours :wavey:

Blu€
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:44 AM
She was asked a question and she answered it, she never said she lost because of the call or made any excuses, it was a bad call and it gave Kaia a break, you guys just love to hate her no matter what.
It's granted she should have moved on once the umpire had made up his mind.

Tennisstar86
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:55 AM
Did anyone see the handshake? NBC cut off at the start of the 3rd set. Pam was saying she was interested to see how Caro handled the handshake with the ump at 1-6 1-5, but then Kanepi tried her hardest to give it away.... lol

RenaSlam.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:59 AM
Shut up, bitch. You are the one that lost the match, not the umpire.

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:03 AM

RenaSlam spilling tea everywhere :inlove:

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:04 AM

:lol: Gotta love the Rena fans talking that was just a match a player lost. Remind me how many credits did Serena give the opponent just recently outplayed her? :D

garson
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
Caro may be tough as a wall, but I agree with others that her game is not great enough. Playing like her all the time is not going to cut it. She might be lucky if she is still going to be in Top 10 at the end of this French Open.

SymphonyX
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:49 AM
Is it just me, or has Caro become A LOT more grumpier ever since she lost the World No. 1 ranking?

moby
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:16 AM
I saw the ball in, but either way it was too close to call out. If she wanted to stop play (and she did, because Kanepi was smoking her in those long rallies), she was taking a gamble and knew the price.

Potato
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:19 AM
Um, shit calls get made all the time. Like during the USO where the commentators show what the call would have been if the player challenged/had challenges, many of the calls are wrong. Learn to deal with it, she can act like such a child.

Mustafina
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:53 AM
She's a complete and utter brat. I couldn't believe it when she called the supervisor out for a freaking line call. The media really needs to stop portraying her as some cheery girl next door because she clearly isn't.

Morning Morgan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:08 AM
Desperate bitch is desperate.

HuHu
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:09 AM
http://freedomtennis.wordpress.com/2012/06/02/caroline-wozniacki-june-02-2012/#more-121

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: ...I mean, it was 1‑All and should have been 2‑1 for pee and it ended up it was 2‑1 for her...

Uhm, what? :spit:

Start da Game
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
so much hating on caroline in this thread.....

metamorpha
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
Well, nothing new. It's how Wozniacki expressed her disagreement. During controversial call in her match against Goerges at Copenhagen, she threw her racquet to the ground arrogantly before approaching the umpire. Allison Lang was like... :unsure: Brat please.

Vuvurenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:08 AM

:lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:20 AM
Caro sounds like such an arrogant tw*t in that ES video. :facepalm: Freaking embarassing. :facepalm:

kangwoo
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
she needs something to be her modal as centre of attraction

would she win because of 1 point? no
would she lose because of 1 point? no

only excuse because she going to lose the match...what is her excuse next year...line judge falls asleep?

LUVMIRZA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Her moon balls are a disgrace. She should be happy that it was a late match and the crowd was not enthusiastic enough to boo those moon ball rallies:shrug:

JamieMU30
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
People keep saying the ball was out...Hawk eye showed it was out, however even the commentators said RG doesn't use Hawk eye because the margin of error is not small enough, meaning what Hawk eye showed "technically" might not be correct...The ball could have skidded and actually been in...We don't know if it was in or out...Seriously, though, way worse line calls have been made before and you have to move on...Caro acted like this was a match point which showed exactly how scared she was for Kaia to get that break...She sensed she was toast and basically she was...She never was ahead in this match and she deserved the thrashing she got up until the choke and then again into the third...I am positive Wozniacki has benefited from a wrong line call in at least one of her million matches, so why act like this? She was trying to rattle Kaia and it didn't work...Silly bitch antics backfired...And Karma was a bitch in the end...made her think she was going to win after the 2nd set, then snatched it away again in the third....The better player won :haha: And yes, a desperate bitch indeed

kangwoo
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
caro...a desperate bitch indeed
:lol::bounce:

Monzanator
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Hawkeye on clay? :lol:

Woz is plummetting down the rankings and it's getting worse just like Ivanovic four years back. She needs to get more aggressive rather than blame the umpires. If she doesn't change her gamestyle, she's not going back to #1 nor winning Slams. Pressure of slumping has obviously gone to her and she can't handle it ATM. She ain't winning ANY respect by blaming the umpires. I wish her best of luck, but 2012 shapes up to be a HUGE disaster for Woz. I don't see her keeping even a Top 10 spot in YER :shrug:

Kanepi was choking the win away like crazy, yet Woz kept sending those damn moonballs and hoped for even more choking. Even Kanepi has her limits or else she wouldn't even be in GS MD :lol:

pedropt
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Wozniacki, the whiner.

Thanks for reminding me the reason why I dislike you more than Radwanska.

bavaria86
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
what an embarrasing person she is!!!
what a bad loser:help:

Libertango
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
I saw almost all of the match, EXCEPT this bit. Bloody typical... and now the vid is taken down.

Sad times.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/tennis/carolinev.gif

bobito
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM

They don't need HawkEye to tell them where a computer graphic ball lands. They have a real mark left by a real ball. :rolleyes:

awsk8er
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Caro :p I think she is just frustrated with her current ranking and cant cope with her lack of form/results.Hence, she blames other people when it's not going her way.

bandabou
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
In other news...Mcilroy has missed the cut at his last 6 tournaments.

Keegan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
I think people are being too harsh on her. I'm not a fan of Wozniacki in the slightest, in fact I can't stand her, but people calling her fake, a disgrace and whatnot for getting upset over a close call? Ridiculous. I'm generally a nice guy, but if you catch me in a stressful situation I will be more on edge and my fuse will be shorter. It happens to everyone. It doesn't make you a fake bitch because you were stressed out and then something doesn't help that and you snap. It was close, the vast majority (possibly all) of that mark was outside the line. Caro must've been stressing after being trounced in the first set, realizing she was pretty much on the verge of losing.

Besides, there have been a lot worse cases on court, with McEnroe and Serena as examples.

Patrick345
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
In other news...Mcilroy has missed the cut at his last 6 tournaments.

Yeah British press now blaming Caro. :lol:

Israel
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
I actually think it was out, but a single call doesn't really change a match. She was losing anyways.

CuteKoala
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
What a bad loser! :p

Slamniacki
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
I saw almost all of the match, EXCEPT this bit. Bloody typical... and now the vid is taken down.

Sad times.

vid is still there http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/02062012/58/wozniacki-mcenroe.html

JN
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
I think people are being too harsh on her. I'm not a fan of Wozniacki in the slightest, in fact I can't stand her, but people calling her fake, a disgrace and whatnot for getting upset over a close call? Ridiculous. I'm generally a nice guy, but if you catch me in a stressful situation I will be more on edge and my fuse will be shorter. It happens to everyone. It doesn't make you a fake bitch because you were stressed out and then something doesn't help that and you snap. It was close, the vast majority (possibly all) of that mark was outside the line. Caro must've been stressing after being trounced in the first set, realizing she was pretty much on the verge of losing.

Besides, there have been a lot worse cases on court, with McEnroe and Serena as examples.

She's getting exactly what the other two you mentioned got when they lost it. But I guess, unlike Wozniacki, they deserved it, huh? :rolleyes:

Queenpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Can this bitch go play ITF's already? the only disgrace is her game and how she reached #1

Libertango
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
vid is still there http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/02062012/58/wozniacki-mcenroe.html

Oh thanks! :yeah:

That was... embarrassing :tape: Caro :facepalm:

bandabou
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah British press now blaming Caro. :lol:

;)

bandabou
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
I think Caro should've done a better job of going down 1-5 in all three sets. Even a cat only has soo many lives.

Keegan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
She's getting exactly what the other two you mentioned got when they lost it. But I guess, unlike Wozniacki, they deserved it, huh? :rolleyes:

Firstly, I didn't say they deserved it :rolleyes: Secondly, Wozniacki's outburst was comparatively much calmer than the two I mentioned. Thirdly, I've defended Serena in the past, saying that in times of high pressure you can snap, but it doesn't mean she's an uncultured ghetto bitch. Just like having an outburst doesn't make Caro a fake bitch. We've all snapped in times of high pressure, and we'll all do it again in the future. Doesn't mean we're disgraces or evil people. And if people are calling this a disgrace to tennis and calling Wozniacki fake, then McEnroe, Federer, Nadal, Serena, Venus, Sharapova, Vika, Roddick and every other tennis player who has had an outburst is a disgrace and fake.

terjw
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
She was asked a question and she answered it, she never said she lost because of the call or made any excuses, it was a bad call and it gave Kaia a break, you guys just love to hate her no matter what.
It's granted she should have moved on once the umpire had made up his mind.

Exactly. 90% of the posts here are made up off-topic insinuations on things like she was claiming she lost because of it. Or other made up off-topic posts claiming she thinks she is #1. And it is irrelevant whether she win/loses the game, set match afterwards. There are only two on-topic issues - both are on that one single point and nothing else.

Was the ball out? Well it was quite clearly out as can be seen at 2:07 (the replay) and looking at the mark at 2:14 - 2:21. http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/02062012/58/wozniacki-mcenroe.html. (http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/02062012/58/wozniacki-mcenroe.html.)A very clear gap between the mark and the line. So it was a shocking decision especially that the chair umpire looked at the mark.
Should Caro or any player faced with a bad decision go to the lengths Caro did to complain and seek redress.1) Is fact. The video clearly shows the ball was out.
2) is opinion. I think Caro or any player faced with such a bad call has the right to do what she did and seek clarifiation and redress but shouldn't personally insult officials. She very mildly crossed that line with the "school" comment. But it was mild and with the ball mark to see it is very hard to understand how the chair umpire could not see from the mark that it was out andthat must be extremely frustrating to players. I can understand her frustration more than the chair umpire.

Iceflower
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
She's a complete and utter brat. The media really needs to stop portraying her as some cheery girl next door because she clearly isn't.
This

bobito
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Exactly. 90% of the posts here are made up off-topic insinuations on things like she was claiming she lost because of it. Or other made up off-topic posts claiming she thinks she is #1. And it is irrelevant whether she win/loses the game, set match afterwards. There are only two on-topic issues - both are on that one single point and nothing else.

Was the ball out? Well it was quite clearly out as can be seen at 2:07 (the replay) and looking at the mark at 2:14 - 2:21. http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/02062012/58/wozniacki-mcenroe.html. (http://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/02062012/58/wozniacki-mcenroe.html.)A very clear gap between the mark and the line. So it was a shocking decision especially that the chair umpire looked at the mark.
Should Caro or any player faced with a bad decision go to the lengths Caro did to complain and seek redress.1) Is fact. The video clearly shows the ball was out.
2) is opinion. I think Caro or any player faced with such a bad call has the right to do what she did and seek clarifiation and redress but shouldn't personally insult officials. She very mildly crossed that line with the "school" comment. But it was mild and with the ball mark to see it is very hard to understand how the chair umpire could not see from the mark that it was out andthat must be extremely frustrating to players. I can understand her frustration more than the chair umpire.

No it isn't. It is your opinion based on (i) a TV view of the mark which was far inferior to that of the umpire who stood over it and examined it and (ii) a level of experience of interpreting such marks that is equally inferior to the umpire's. I would also point out that, unlike yourself, the umpire was unbiased.

Matt01
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
I would also point out that, unlike yourself, the umpire was unbiased.

Wintermute
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
One of the guys working for French TV posted on twitter during the match that their Hawkeye showed the ball was 6mm out so Caro was right.

GermanBoy
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
Really do not understand all this hate towards Caroline Wozniacki. :eek:

RenaSlam.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
It's a disgrace that you were #1 for so long, Caro. Enjoy your last few weeks in the Top 10.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
One of the guys working for French TV posted on twitter during the match that their Hawkeye showed the ball was 6mm out so Caro was right.

Hawkeye isn't 100%, either, so... the ball may or may not have been out. This may or may not has been a bad call. Bad calls happen and Caro's been on the tour long enoght to know better than to get that riled up about it. Just suck it up and keep it moving. Be a professional about it. And I'm not even talking about her getting upset, that's natural when you feel like you've just been f*cked over, but what she said to the umpire and how she did it.
Immature, unprofessional, disrespectful and utterly arrogant.

Do better, Caroline.

Wintermute
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Hawkeye isn't 100%, either, so... the ball may or may not have been out.
: :
but what she said to the umpire and how she did it.
Immature, unprofessional, disrespectful and utterly arrogant.

Hawkeye quote an error margin of 3.6mm so odds are the ball was out and Caro got a bad call.

But on the point of how she reacted afterwards I completely agree with you.