PDA

View Full Version : Rus about Goerges behaviour: that's how some girls are.

Elwin.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibhfmf1InmibW3.gif

Source: dutch tv

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
and she's totally right.

Tezuka.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
Julia. :o

ZAK
If anything Julia could have made a case for being angry at the chair umpire, but at Rus?

Excelscior
Wow!

I saw it when it happened, and thought it was cold blooded at the time. But Rus just confirmed it, if she responded like that.

Oh well. She's the one advancing.

juliagoergesfan
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
just you like you arantxa madrid 2011 against Sharapova
:rolleyes:

Elwin.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM

oh hai :hysteric:

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
you know how they say - all them girls are bishes, and if they aren't, then they are just not pretty enough...

matty
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM

Hmm, checked out the vid--Rus dind't really look Sharapova in the eye, but it was not nearly as bad as Gorges handshake fail?

juliagoergesfan
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Hmm, checked out the vid--Rus dind't really look Sharapova in the eye, but it was not nearly as bad as Gorges handshake fail?

I don't think arantxa was alluding to just the handshake because handshake went by so fast and julia did give a sincere smile and handshake which is more than most players give. just look at julia's match with aravane, she is very gracious at the end. there were other moments today when julia could have acted more mature but just put yourself in julia's shoes...losing a match that you feel you should definitely win and on top of that, 1000 dutch fans jeering at your winners and cheering your UE

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Oh dear God! :sobbing:
What was that Julia? If you didn't wanna shake her hand then don't. This was just :happy:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Love it! :hearts: :conchita: :.patty: :hearts:

Libertango
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Even before the handshake there was an "edge" to this match though. Don't really know what it was about :shrug:

Material World
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
tbh Julia would have been justified in blanking the umpire imho but she had no reason to be less than gracious with Arantxa. I have come to the conclusion that it was so dark she mistook the former for the latter... ;)

Vikapower
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
Love you Julia :hearts: and --

:zzz: This is the WTA -- live with it or stop watching.

Israel
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
But I don't get it... She just did things in a different order. She shook the umpire's hand, then smiled (a real smile) and shook Rus's hand.
Don't see anything wrong...

Raiden
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Wait, she didn't say that in response to the handshake/general-behaviour

She was replying to a journalist who asked her a leading question: "Hey Rus, what did you think of Jule's MTO delay tactics and wanting to postpone the match for tomorrow"? :oh:http://i.minus.com/ibhfmf1InmibW3.gif

Petronius
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:04 PM

It's actually pretty funny, thanks for posting.

Petronius
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM
But I don't get it... She just did things in a different order. She shook the umpire's hand, then smiled (a real smile) and shook Rus's hand.

It looks very rude in this video. She totally ignored her opponent who was ready for the handshake at the net and went straight to the umpire instead.

Libertango
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:14 PM

The way i saw it was Julia thought twice about NOT shaking Arantxa's hand once she heard the crowd reaction at her shaking the umpire's hand first. It's just not the done thing to shake the umpire first, and all the players know that. Plus, that was a fairly "interesting" smile she flashed her.

I might be reading too much into it. Besides, I actually like Julia, even after her little "performance" thsi evening :tape:

LightWarrior
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
What's the big deal ? She handshaked the umpire first for some reason but just right after she handshaked her opponent. Don't know what's the fuss is about...

$uricate
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Does anyone care what she says?

I'll wait until she becomes relevant.

Petronius
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
LOL, if you look at the vid carefully, Goerges even puts the racquet into her left hand to avoid handshake.

PetraReeMona
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
LOL, if you look at the vid carefully, Goerges even puts the racquet into her left hand to avoid handshake.

But if she's right handed, she'd shake hands with her right hand and that's why she put the racquet in her left hand, so the right hand would be free. :shrug:

treufreund
Why are there so many more immature WTA players than ATP Players?

miffedmax
Oh, Rus. You so want to be promoted to the Legion, don't you? :oh:

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
The way i saw it was Julia thought twice about NOT shaking Arantxa's hand once she heard the crowd reaction at her shaking the umpire's hand first. It's just not the done thing to shake the umpire first, and all the players know that. Plus, that was a fairly "interesting" smile she flashed her.

I might be reading too much into it. Besides, I actually like Julia, even after her little "performance" thsi evening :tape:

This is exactly how I read the situation. The crowd was starting to react to what she did and she instantly changed her mind for fear of literally being boo'd off the court.

Phil=)
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:30 PM
What's all the fuss about? :o
She shook her hand and did it with a nice smile

Chris 84
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:31 PM
the gif is speeded up too much and presents a picture where some people might think that goerges went to the umpire first and then rus as sometimes happens. seeing it in real time, you could see that rus was at the net already for the handshake when goerges got there and goerges blanked her. you also can't see how goerges only reacts and shakes hands after the fans start booing, etc.
i neither like nor dislike either player, particularly, but there can be no doubt for people who saw it that goerges acted in a less than gracious manner.

Jogi
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
But if she's right handed, she'd shake hands with her right hand and that's why she put the racquet in her left hand, so the right hand would be free. :shrug:
it doesn't even matter if you're right handed or not, to shake hands with your right hand is usual
though the whole situation looks dubious, her smile at Rus looks rather like a "oh, I'm "sorry" I forgot you at the net, take want you got and be happy you irrelevant bitch" sort of smile

lupojohn
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:34 PM
Arantxa's a talented player, but she needs to keep her mouth shut. She should have told her fans to keep quiet every time Julia hit a bad shot. As someone above me said, who's she to be saying anything in the first place? Let her get to at least the semis, then she can talk.. Until then, deal with it. I bet if it was the other way around, she'd have done the exact same thing.

JamieMU30
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:47 PM
OMG, that GIF is hilarious....It is very obvious what is going on there..."Mean Girls" all over again. That was a purposeful and deliberate decision to go to the umpire first, leaving Rus hanging at the net. This type of behavior is so typical from "mean girls"....It is very clear in that GIF that Julia is being a bitch. Then, she turns and puts on a fake ass smile and congratulates Aranxta...That was the fakest smile and handshake I have ever seen...Clearly, Julia was bitter as hell that she lost...But why blame Aranxta? It wasn't her fault that Julia choked the first set and found herself in that position (in the fading light) to begin with. She was pissed at the umpire for not calling the match, yet she shook his hand first? Really? That makes no sense because she was pissed at him for not calling the match, yet she immediately went to him first to shake hands? I don't think so. That is just shady. I am sure she could have given two shits about shaking either the umpire or Aranxta's hand at the end, but she wanted to throw some bitchy shade at Aranxta, so she snubbed her momentarily with her bitter bitchiness. And someone said she mistook the umpire for Aranxta which is why she shook his hand first? :lol: Why would you look upward to shake your opponent's hand when they are on ground level with you? That rationale makes no sense. Georges is a sore loser and this result makes her loss even sweeter. Grow the fuck up, bitch and act your age. You got ouplayed by a girl who basically peaks at RG every year :haha: This result actually doesn't surprise me considering what shit tennis Georges has played most of the year and how she can't seem to ever make it past the 3R of a slam. Georges is way over hyped and it's not surprising that Kerber is leaps and bounds better than her now. Georges is simply irrelevant. Glad that Aranxta took advantage of these irrelevant hacks and made it through to the R16:wavey:

Berlin_Calling
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Arantxa's a talented player, but she needs to keep her mouth shut. She should have told her fans to keep quiet every time Julia hit a bad shot. As someone above me said, who's she to be saying anything in the first place? Let her get to at least the semis, then she can talk.. Until then, deal with it. I bet if it was the other way around, she'd have done the exact same thing.

No, no...Arantxa's an angel :angel:

Roookie
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Thats the fakest smile ever Julia :lol:

tejmeglekvár
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:56 PM

she is totally worthy.

DragonFlame
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:05 AM

She was asked a quesion about the medical time out by a reporter.

Replying: Some girls do that, but you(she meant herself) have to handle it yourself.
Nothing wrong with that? 0_o

And Rus is a total angel on court, quiet and no bratty attitude.
Judging from the post i doubt you've even seen her play.

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:10 AM

Replying: Some girls do that, but you(she meant herself) have to handle it yourself.

I saw her play once here against Kim last year, but the point is to take your victory and move on. Why should she care about how Julia acts?

DragonFlame
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:20 AM
I saw her play once here against Kim last year, but the point is to take your victory and move on. Why should she care about how Julia acts?

She didn't care. She answered a question by a reporter even ending her sentence with, you have to handle these things yourself. She was only reflecting on how the match moved along. It wasn't intended as a dig at julia at all. :shrug:

Cosmic Voices
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:25 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4psq49G061r1q9lt.gif

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:26 AM
Good handshake or not, it doesn't matter that much. Don't think there's so much wrong with it but it seems more normal for Goerges to shake Rus's hand first, but whatever. I like all the German girls but Goerges. Rus is very lucky to go so far, i had expected her to lose this one but maybe i was slightly influenced by the hype as well, in the end Goerges is even worse than i thought she was.

Temporary0369
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:27 AM

I know right! I came to the same conclusion after I saw "Aranxta is a talented player." :haha:

Matt01
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:31 AM

First you shake hands with your opponent.
Then you shake hands with the umpire.

I'm not bashing Julia, I'm just saying how any respectful player usually does it...

keithb1961
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:34 AM
Can not believe she is not in there already....:confused:

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:37 AM

Found the village idiot

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM
Arantxa Rus just replied to the reporter. The reporter asked the question about the lame whining to the umpire and the so-called injury time-out. She was just trying to get Rus out of play, which disappointed me abit. I thought Julia Görges was nice, but she turned out to be arrogant and a bad loser :)

I think it was bad karma that she ended with 2 double faults! :)

jameshazza
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM
The gif actually makes it look 10 times better than what people are making it out to be :hysteric:

M@chete
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM
"At least we have Arjen Robben."

18majors
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Rus is a classy girl.

JN
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:41 AM
Love you Julia :hearts: and --

:zzz: This is the WTA -- live with it or stop watching.

Such a hypocrite. http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8284/smh2.gif You'd be chucking spears had Serena been in her place.

tenn_ace
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:41 AM
on the bright side, at least she didn't call "some girls" sluts like one certain nobody before her did :haha:

pav
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Why are there so many more immature WTA players than ATP Players?
The ATP players save it up to whinge about surfaces and threaten not to return if the court color doesn't suit their clothes and generally act like weenies as my very fav. player Rena put it:) I love the WTA showing a bit of true human bitchiness.

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:43 AM
Good handshake or not, it doesn't matter that much. Don't think there's so much wrong with it but it seems more normal for Goerges to shake Rus's hand first, but whatever. I like all the German girls but Goerges. Rus is very lucky to go so far, i had expected her to lose this one but maybe i was slightly influenced by the hype as well, in the end Goerges is even worse than i thought she was.

She's still young. Only 23. Give her time to continue to develop.

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:46 AM
Well I doubt she'll become top. Makes way too many mistakes for starters. She was clearly stronger then Rus, but still lost convincingly.
She took herself out of the game with all this whining, if you ask me.

CillyUltra
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Arantxa Rus just replied to the reporter. The reporter asked the question about the lame whining to the umpire and the so-called injury time-out. She was just trying to get Rus out of play, which disappointed me abit. I thought Julia Görges was nice, but she turned out to be arrogant and a bad loser :)

Better go back where you come from, weirdo.

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Found the village idiot

Who the hell are you and what gives you any right to call me that?

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:51 AM
Well I doubt she'll become top. Makes way too many mistakes for starters. She was clearly stronger then Rus, but still lost convincingly.
She took herself out of the game with all this whining, if you ask me.

She has nice variety, but shows too little. Just has to expand her game.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:55 AM
She's still young. Only 23. Give her time to continue to develop.Rus or Goerges? You mean Goerges probably. Time to develop fine but can we do it without the annoying hype from here on then? At this point there's just really nothing suggesting Goerges will ever be a top player, in fact i expect her to take a nose dive.

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:58 AM
Arantxa Rus just replied to the reporter.

She could have just said ''no comment'' or ''I really don't want to get into the matter''.

joy division
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:58 AM
Julia usually is very kind at the net independently whether she lost a match or won it and the way she did.
It seems to be pretty clear what happened to her in this match.
She was not happy about her performance and the course of the match overall.
Towards the end of it all circumstances turned against her.
I`m not sure whether she was seriously handicaped by her lenses in the twilight.
However, after she faked an injury to get this match stopped, the crowd as it was, was even more on fire and her nerves were raw in the end.
Imo, at the latest with some distance Julia will get aware about it and regret her behaviour.
It`s up to everybody calling her a bitch for that but I think that leads to far.
But having a party about it and involving Aranxta, by quoting her wrong, is even ridiculous.

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:04 AM
Rus or Goerges? You mean Goerges probably. Time to develop fine but can we do it without the annoying hype from here on then? At this point there's just really nothing suggesting Goerges will ever be a top player, in fact i expect her to take a nose dive.

I'm not the one hyping her and if you mean about her play, fine. If you mean her looks, that's not an issue. No one can argue her beauty. It's a part of it with any half-decent looking player that has a chance to be good. I disagree with the last part of your statement.

jrm
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:04 AM
well, i can understand the player, disappointment and all

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:06 AM
Better go back where you come from, weirdo.

Pardon me?

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:07 AM
well, i can understand the player, disappointment and all

Isn't she supposed to be professional?
And I repeat, Gorges is clearly better then Rus at the moment. Her attitude was the main reason she lost.
Rus was very composed and pretty stable, just waiting for Julia to throw the match.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:08 AM
Julia usually is very kind at the net independently whether she lost a match or won it and the way she did.
It seems to be pretty clear what happened to her in this match.
She was not happy about her performance and the course of the match overall.
Towards the end of it all circumstances turned against her.
I`m not sure whether she was seriously handicaped by her lenses in the twilight.
However, after she faked an injury to get this match stopped, the crowd as it was, was even more on fire and her nerves were raw in the end.
Imo, at the latest with some distance Julia will get aware about it and regret her behaviour.
It`s up to everybody calling her a bitch for that but I think that leads to far.
But having a party about it and involving Aranxta, by quoting her wrong, is even ridiculous.That still doesn't make it right, diva behavior is annoying in it's own right, when you're not a diva it is ridiculous. She faked an injury? If she has problems with the light that's none too smart because the light will be dimmer after the MTO. I haven't seen the match but the way you describe it Goerges was just horrible, tennis wise and in every other aspect as well.

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:10 AM
^^That still doesn't make it right, diva behavior is annoying in it's own right, when you're not a diva is ridiculous. She faked an injury? If she has problems with the light that's none too smart because the light will be dimmer after the MTO. I haven't seen the match but the way you describe it Goerges was just horrible, tennis wise and in every other aspect as well.

Definately. Gorges first whined about the light for 5 minutes, while Wozniacki and Kanepi were still playing and Rus has no problems either. Then, the next game, she whined again (even though you can only suspend play at even games right?) and then called in a medical time-out. I thought that would only be bad for herself, unless Arantxa would get out of her play. But Rus is very composed and stable, so I thought she only screwed herself.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:11 AM
JuGs :weirdo::cuckoo::ignore:

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:17 AM

Better go back where you come from, weirdo.You can do better than this Cilly, original comment is fair enough.

CillyUltra
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:34 AM
However, after she faked an injury to get this match stopped
She twisted her left ankle during the 1st round match and took pain killers. Whether the MTO was necessary or not, she didn't faked an injury!

You can do better than this Cilly, original comment is fair enough.

Calling her an "arrogant and a bad loser" is as dumb as most users are on this board.

sxeraserhead
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:35 AM
:happy: TF double standards are just too funny and transparent.

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:44 AM

Yep.

TF drama morons just wanna see whatever they wanna see, not what has actually happened.
I mean you could accuse 99% of players in bitchiness but Julia? Oh...

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:45 AM
She twisted her left ankle during the 1st round match and took pain killers. Whether the MTO was necessary or not, she didn't faked an injury!

Calling her an "arrogant and a bad loser" is as dumb as most users are on this board.Ok i can see where disappointment on Goerges's part has played a role. Then again i have seen far worse from much dumber users on this board.

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:46 AM
Calling her an "arrogant and a bad loser" is as dumb as most users are on this board.

I'm guessing you're german and that's it. Well, I'm not really guessing :P
Julia's non-verbal communication was completely obvious. She felt that she should win easily against Rus, apparently. Which I can understand, because Julia has more power in her shots (I wonder why, because Rus seems to have more muscles) and RUs didnt have any decent performance so far, this year.
Nevertheless she was a bad sport. I can understand she didn't like the dutch audience, but what can Rus do about that? As someone else said: she's a total angel on court. But Julia basically dissed Rus after the game and went on showing her fist towards Rus after every point in the 2nd set, even if it was just a bad miss by Rus.

Then in the end she probably really had problems with the light. So, ask the umpire if play can be suspended. He says no, shut up and play, be professional. But no, she wastes minutes and then all of a sudden needed help for her ankle. It was as obvious as it can get, only aim was to delay and suspend the game. Or otherwise try to screw Rus' flow.

I'm sorry, but she was totally arrogant and a bad sport. And I thought she was super cute etc before, I definately did not 'hate' her before this game.

joy division
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:50 AM
That still doesn't make it right, diva behavior is annoying in it's own right, when you're not a diva it is ridiculous. She faked an injury? If she has problems with the light that's none too smart because the light will be dimmer after the MTO. I haven't seen the match but the way you describe it Goerges was just horrible, tennis wise and in every other aspect as well.

We are not under her skin so I don`t know what really was in her mind and therefore it`s all about speculation.
I follow her for some years and I suppose that she handled like that because she was just overwhelmed by the whole situation.
She tends to be easily distracted on the court and in this match the surroundings definitely were extraordinairy.
Being anxious to fail at that big opportunity, the loudly cheering crowd against her. (I guess there was a big number of Dutch fans, the same who cheered for Sijsling at the ATP matches)
All that escalated and came together in the end.
This is not meant for an excuse, justification or anything, it`s just the way I would describe what happened.

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:57 AM
We are not under her skin so I don`t know what really was in her mind and therefore it`s all about speculation.
I follow her for some years and I suppose that she handled like that because she was just overwhelmed by the whole situation.
She tends to be easily distracted on the court and in this match the surroundings definitely were extraordinairy.
Being anxious to fail at that big opportunity, the loudly cheering crowd against her. (I guess there was a big number of Dutch fans, the same who cheered for Sijsling at the ATP matches)
This is not meant for an excuse, justification or anything, it`s just the way I would describe what happened.

I dont know, was the crowd that bad? I have been at Davis Cup matches and its always very enthusiastic, but they usually respect the opponents. This time, I heard them whistling etc in the 3rd set, but it was clear why they did that. I dont know when it started though.

But anyway, I think as a player you should work on ignoring that. It happens a lot during football, and they continue playing ;)
In tennis its usually silent when players serve and play. I didnt actually hear the umpire asking for silence a lot, which happens during Rotterdam ATP tournament. It's a fact of life that you sometimes play the fan's favourite. Suck it up and keep your concentration. With her looks, I bet she's more often than not going to be the fan's favourite. Well, if she doesn't get herself a reputation, that is.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:58 AM
This is not meant for an excuse, justification or anything, it`s just the way I would describe what happened.Fair enough. I am not a big Goerges fan in the first place because i don't like hypes and big hitters (missers?) very much. In the end Goerges can have a bad day of course where she doesn't behave as she should, other players including my favs have those days as well. Things like these happen, time to move on.

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:04 AM
I quite like Rus, but after having read this thread I do want her to lose the very next match of hers. Prolly that was the main intention of all the Dutchies complains here. Learn how to celebrate quietly, it won't last for long anyway.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:08 AM
I quite like Rus, but after having read this thread I do want her to lose the very next match of hers. Prolly that was the main intention of all the Dutchies complains here. Learn how to celebrate quietly, it won't last for long anyway.Why? Doesn't seem Rus did anything wrong here. And i don't even like her so much. Dutch crowd and chauvinism is horrible of course, i know.

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:09 AM
Yep.

TF drama morons just wanna see whatever they wanna see, not what has actually happened.
I mean you could accuse 99% of players in bitchiness but Julia? Oh...

Definately. Gorges first whined about the light for 5 minutes, while Wozniacki and Kanepi were still playing and Rus has no problems either. Then, the next game, she whined again (even though you can only suspend play at even games right?) and then called in a medical time-out. I thought that would only be bad for herself, unless Arantxa would get out of her play. But Rus is very composed and stable, so I thought she only screwed herself.

These new accounts :unsure:

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:13 AM
I'm guessing you're german and that's it. Well, I'm not really guessing :P
Julia's non-verbal communication was completely obvious. She felt that she should win easily against Rus, apparently. Which I can understand, because Julia has more power in her shots (I wonder why, because Rus seems to have more muscles) and RUs didnt have any decent performance so far, this year.
Nevertheless she was a bad sport. I can understand she didn't like the dutch audience, but what can Rus do about that? As someone else said: she's a total angel on court. But Julia basically dissed Rus after the game and went on showing her fist towards Rus after every point in the 2nd set, even if it was just a bad miss by Rus.

Then in the end she probably really had problems with the light. So, ask the umpire if play can be suspended. He says no, shut up and play, be professional. But no, she wastes minutes and then all of a sudden needed help for her ankle. It was as obvious as it can get, only aim was to delay and suspend the game. Or otherwise try to screw Rus' flow.

I'm sorry, but she was totally arrogant and a bad sport. And I thought she was super cute etc before, I definately did not 'hate' her before this game.

Rus could have told the Dutch fans to knock it off, like motioning to calm down or stay quiet during points. And if you hate Julia or don't think she's super-cute because of one incident(her first, I might add), then that's a narrow-minded way of thinking.

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:14 AM
Dutch fans here will back their own, and I understand. I don't really care for Venus or Serena, but i'd back them up because they're American.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
These new accounts :unsure:We were once new as well ;). I don't see the problem in Martao's post btw but i admit i haven't seen the match myself.

joy division
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
Fair enough. I am not a big Goerges fan in the first place because i don't like hypes and big hitters (missers?) very much. In the end Goerges can have a bad day of course where she doesn't behave as she should, other players including my favs have those days as well. Things like these happen, time to move on.

I tend to like the big hitters (missers) like Julia, but also such a very different player like the fav in your avatar.
Angie has gone through a pretty deep valley to get where she is now, I guess.
If you would mix up their strengths you would have a potential number one player for sure.
But it`s not in the nature of the things- So, time to move on.;)

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:17 AM
Dutch fans here will back their own, and I understand. I don't really care for Venus or Serena, but i'd back them up because they're American.
I would never do that myself, dutch, american, whatever country, i like them,i don't or it's in between. I'm not a big fan of the dutch players for instance.

hablo
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:18 AM
The ATP players save it up to whinge about surfaces and threaten not to return if the court color doesn't suit their clothes and generally act like weenies as my very fav. player Rena put it:) I love the WTA showing a bit of true human bitchiness.

Yeah, ATP does have its divas: djokovic and nadal come to mind... :tape::haha:

Papillon.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:21 AM
LMFAO. I CAN'T AT ANYONE WHO THINKS JULIA'S SMILE WAS GENUINE. :sobbing:

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:22 AM

Yep. Too much Dutch flags for such a meaningless topic, which makes one to think they do really need to back up their girl's words, which means they are insecure in those, which makes Rus' statement even more laughable.

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:27 AM
I dont know. I guess I'm chauvinistic. Of course I like Rus or Haase to win their games.
But if they did this, I wouldnt like it as well. I really like Rus though. She's really sweet and that shows on court. Therefor I'm _hoping_ she'll do good.

But at the moment I do not expect so much, so it stays at hoping for now; I dont think she'll be better then top50. Somehow she misses some power. Maybe she should gain some weight or so, because she seems to have everything to do it: she's tall, she's got muscles, she's got mental strength and seems to have all the strokes to some extent. Just it looked like she got blown away by Julia's forehand. And Julia doesnt seem to me to be super strong or so.

And yes, I'm new. Thanks for the warm welcome! :D
I did see this forum before, just didnt post earlier. I was watching tennis tonight and kind of bored thereafter. Plus, I was really wondering about Julia Gorges' attitude, so that made me post here.

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:27 AM
We were once new as well ;). I don't see the problem in Martao's post btw but i admit i haven't seen the match myself.

of course, we used to be :) but i am just, may be, paranoid when i saw two new accounts at the same time with the same joined date :lol:

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:29 AM
Yep. Too much Dutch flags for such a meaningless topic, which makes one to think they do really need to back up their girl's words, which means they are insecure in those, which makes Rus' statement even more laughable.

Rus statement is not laughable. As mentioned before, she just answerred a reporter's question shortly. She referred to the time-wasting and that was it. She was really realistic and not at all pissed or so. It's funny you judging the interview when Im fairly sure you didnt see it, because it was in dutch.

ViennaCalling
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:32 AM
There was a handshake, so why a thread for this :shrug:

And the answer in the title was to another question of a reporter.

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:33 AM
@Martao, welcome. You realize that Rus has been very lucky, maybe not today but with her previous match? Top 50 seems to me too high already, there are players there that are definitely better than Rus. I think Kraijcek has the talent to get there if she gets her stuff together.

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:38 AM
The previous match, how was that so lucky? I only saw the summary, but it seemed like she was better then Razzano. I guess she was lucky to not face Serena, cause she wouldnt stand a chance. But alright. Today she was lucky that Gorges couldnt keep herself. I know that when I play myself, the hardest matches are the ones that you feel you should win, but are in fact somewhat close.

I dont know about Krajicek. I dont know her game that well. Rus seems to have more potential physically. But ok, maybe I'm just mislead by her smile :P

StoneRose
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:43 AM
The previous match, how was that so lucky? I only saw the summary, but it seemed like she was better then Razzano. I guess she was lucky to not face Serena, cause she wouldnt stand a chance. But alright. Today she was lucky that Gorges couldnt keep herself. I know that when I play myself, the hardest matches are the ones that you feel you should win, but are in fact somewhat close.

I dont know about Krajicek. I dont know her game that well. Rus seems to have more potential physically. But ok, maybe I'm just mislead by her smile :PShe could have faced Serena, instead she faced a very tired Razzano who is usually a better player than Rus. Goerges can lose to anyone so i don't consider today to be that lucky.

Hurley
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
of course, we used to be :) but i am just, may be, paranoid when i saw two new accounts at the same time with the same joined date :lol:

sweetkit is definitely a dupe with a reference to "TF drama morons" after 1 day of posting. Not sure about any others. :shrug:

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:46 AM
Can we move this Dutchfest somewhere to a more proper forum? :)
I mean, we all got this Rus girl is saint and the German is a bitch of unseen attitude - she shook the umps hand before the opponent's one - wow. Bitch. And she was smiling at the net, obviously sarcastically!

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:48 AM
sweetkit is definitely a dupe with a reference to "TF drama morons" after 1 day of posting. Not sure about any others. :shrug:

i pretty much sensed it, too, once i saw his posts :lol:

Hurley
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:52 AM

Yeah now he's playing the "Wozniacki is the best player/ambassador of our sport" game in one of the other threads. Not very subtle. Probably tea? :oh:

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:57 AM
Yeah now he's playing the "Wozniacki is the best player/ambassador of our sport" game in one of the other threads. Not very subtle. Probably tea? :oh:

:scared:

sweetkit
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:57 AM

Where do I report off-topic here anyway? Help the newbie :scratch:

lupojohn
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:58 AM
I dont know. I guess I'm chauvinistic. Of course I like Rus or Haase to win their games.
But if they did this, I wouldnt like it as well. I really like Rus though. She's really sweet and that shows on court. Therefor I'm _hoping_ she'll do good.

But at the moment I do not expect so much, so it stays at hoping for now; I dont think she'll be better then top50. Somehow she misses some power. Maybe she should gain some weight or so, because she seems to have everything to do it: she's tall, she's got muscles, she's got mental strength and seems to have all the strokes to some extent. Just it looked like she got blown away by Julia's forehand. And Julia doesnt seem to me to be super strong or so.

And yes, I'm new. Thanks for the warm welcome! :D
I did see this forum before, just didnt post earlier. I was watching tennis tonight and kind of bored thereafter. Plus, I was really wondering about Julia Gorges' attitude, so that made me post here.

Of course Arantxa comes off as sweet. She's never been in a position to deal with something like that. She's not usually still around Slams at this point, and if she is, she's not in a position of adversity. As for Julia's attitude, go to her forum on here. She's actually really nice, smiles a lot and sgins many autographs. Don't judge her by one meaningless incident that no one saw until this thread was posted.

Hurley
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:02 AM
Looks like someone already knows there's a report function :oh:

mickymouse
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:04 AM
I was puzzled about the handshake cos I thought if anything, it makes more sense to direct it at the umpire rather than Rus, who did nothing except roll her eyes when told about the MTO.
But maybe it was the vocal Dutch crowd that she was expressing her displeasure against. Not fair to Rus but well, at least Julia salvaged the situation somehow at the last moment.

Dav.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:10 AM
Hot. Try it :inlove: If you have time here, of course.

:spit:

Potato
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:30 AM
Omg, Julia was walking straight to the umpire even though she saw Rus walking to the net, and once the boos started to come she shook her hand and flashed the fake smile. Mean Girls on the tennis court :lol:

Martian KC
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
I loved Arantxa's WTF hand gesture before Julia handshook her.:lol:

metamorpha
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
"That's how some girls are." Oh how nice... apart from Kim, I see them all behave like spoiled bitches when they lost.

Halepsova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Come on. Kim wasn't that nice.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Jesus, what a fucking storm in a teacup. Julia was a bit pissed off (more at the situation and the umpire than with Aranxta was my impression), and wanted to get off court as quickly as possible. Unless somebody finds a way to tap into Julia's brain there's no way of knowing whether her initial "snub" was intentional or not. In either case it was not her finest hour, but hardly the war crime people are making it out to be.

Vuvurenka
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Certain players would have gotten crucified had they done the same thing as Julia. :lol:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Certain players would have gotten crucified had they done the same thing as Julia. :lol:

And Julia didn't get crucified? Jesus, did you see the results thread?

Kampi
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Well, the situation indeed seemed a bit strange, but I saw a german interview on Eurosport afterwards and Julia gave a lot of credit to Rus. At the end of the day Julia was once again not consistent enough. Great winners followed by stupid errors and she simply has to work hard on her footwork and consistency. You know "one swallow doesn't make a sommer" or in terms of Julia you can change it and say one sommer in 2011 doesn't make you a great player.;) So big congrats to Rus and go on with the hard work to Julia.

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Of course Arantxa comes off as sweet. She's never been in a position to deal with something like that. She's not usually still around Slams at this point, and if she is, she's not in a position of adversity. As for Julia's attitude, go to her forum on here. She's actually really nice, smiles a lot and sgins many autographs. Don't judge her by one meaningless incident that no one saw until this thread was posted.

What are you talking about? It wasnt one meaningless accident. Maybe the handshaking issue is minor, because she did revert to Rus after her initial ignoring. But that wasnt the reason at all, it was the pathetic behaviour during the whole match and especially the 3rd set. As I said before, I watched the match myself, so its not at all this thread that did.

ANd yes, Arantxa has not been succesful and she has not been in such situations. But imho, thats all the more reason to be annoyed and show it. But allthough she had disappointing results and doesnt have the experience to handle such situation, she never did anything unsporting as far as I know. Not even in this game, where Julia gave her extra reasons. You may be right that it will changes in the future, who knows, but until proven guilty: Rus exhibits impeccable behavior on court. Also if you see an interview with her: she has no attitude at all. (so far)

QuestJon
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
I am also happy to be able to see Rus playing (at least) once more,
and the stupidity of some funny posts adds to the fun.

So may I suggest that you really should make a petition to the WTA
to get this ultimate bitchy bitch Goerges severely punished.

I think a 12 months penalty should be enough:
Goerges matches have to be scheduled only at night without daylight
or floodlights.

Yeah, take that, bitch.

Moreover for that mean big grinning at your opponent during handshake
there should be another 12 months penalty after that:
Every Goerges floodlight match gets only half of the lights on.

After this unbelievable bitchy bitch incident:

That's the only possible way to save woman's tennis !!!!!!

Raiden
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Well, the situation indeed seemed a bit strange, but I saw a german interview on Eurosport afterwards and Julia gave a lot of credit to Rus.Exactly.

There was and is no bad feeling between the players at any time: Rus was calm & collected from start to finish; and Julia's beef was only with the umpire/supervisor (she wanted to stop the match - they wanted to continue it)

Monzanator
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Obviously Rus hasn't earned her place among those who shouldn't be ignored. She keeps throwing those one-off wins, but not a whole run against top 20-30 players yet :shrug: And Julia can become very bitchy, now she's effectively fighting with Kerber for German #1 spot.

MarkNL
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Aran :worship:

We know know that Julia apparantly can belong to those 'some girls' :oh:

Still very weird, why shake hands with umpire first? That was a deliberate action, it was the first time she ever did it.

And then to think I used to like Goerges... :o

Elwin.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
There was a handshake, so why a thread for this :shrug:

And the answer in the title was to another question of a reporter.

You obviously didn't saw the 3rd set, which was full of drama :hysteric:

GoofyDuck
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
ROFL at the people defending Julias obvious cheat behaviour and bitchyness.
Especially those that blame Rus :lol:

Monzanator
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Well, Julia tried to throw in Jankovic-like MT at the end, but the dawn didn't save her. Obviously this wasn't a match she expected to lose and got really upset by Rus' resistance. Rus vs Kanepi will be fun to watch :tape:

Banditoo
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Goerges = little Serena! They won't learn how to be positive on court!

Just Do It
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
Bitter much? That gif :sobbing:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
ROFL at the people defending Julias obvious cheat behaviour and bitchyness.Especially those that blame Rus :lol:

Funny, I have the impression that most people defending her aren't particularly fans of Julia, they're just pointing out that what she did wasn't that big a deal. In the worst case scenario she allowed her bad mood about the situation to spill over and cause her to be a bit surly towards her opponent. But if you're going to put players on your hate list every time one does something like this I guess by now it must consist of pretty much the whole WTA.

madmax
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
Funny, I have the impression that most people defending her aren't particularly fans of Julia, they're just pointing out that what she did wasn't that big a deal. In the worst case scenario she allowed her bad mood about the situation to spill over and cause her to be a bit surly towards her opponent. But if you're going to put players on your hate list every time one does something like this I guess by now it must consist of pretty much the whole WTA.

touche LOL:lol:
Everyone seems to be crucifying Jules for her being annoyed about crappy schedulling and lack of proper organisational skills from RG officials. She has all the rights in this world to be pissed off and throw a little hissy fit in a match of such importance (it's not like she played some irrelevant match in MM Bogota or something, LMAO). Girl was tense and that was the main reason she gifted the first set and then had to face the consequences. Big freaking deal...LOL

gorre
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
What a disgrace! :rolleyes: Julia should be banned one full year for that...:rolleyes:

Nine pages about nothing :[

GoofyDuck
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM

I was not just talking about the handshake but the entire match. And i didnt like Julia already because of her rude behaviour against ballkids at Dubai for instance.

Dont worry I have ENOUGH faves :lol:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I was not just talking about the handshake but the entire match. And i didnt like Julia already because of her rude behaviour against ballkids at Dubai for instance.

Dont worry I have ENOUGH faves :lol:

Well even if you look at the whole match I don't think Julia did anything to warrant anthing more than mild disapproval. She was upset at the match being continued in bad light (justifiably: the organizers consistently put scheduling interests above those of players when it comes to this), took an injury time out (which everybody just assumes was gamesmanship, without any actual evidence to support that), and was a bit surly at the end due to being upset with the whole situation.

As to the ballkids, I didn't see that, but actually most of the players are pretty disrespectful to the kids at times. Julia can be a bit moody, but she's not the evil villain so many people are making her out to be.

awsk8er
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
well not very nice for sure :(

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Well even if you look at the whole match I don't think Julia did anything to warrant anthing more than mild disapproval. She was upset at the match being continued in bad light (justifiably: the organizers consistently put scheduling interests above those of players when it comes to this), took an injury time out (which everybody just assumes was gamesmanship, without any actual evidence to support that), and was a bit surly at the end due to being upset with the whole situation.

As to the ballkids, I didn't see that, but actually most of the players are pretty disrespectful to the kids at times. Julia can be a bit moody, but she's not the evil villain so many people are making her out to be.

You're fooled by her beautiful eyes I guess. Being rude to ballkids is OK because others did it as well? I didnt see any of that too, but I suppose its not a lie.
Same naivity about the medical timeout: she didnt get any treatment, just redoing the taping of her ankle. I dont think that's a good idea for just a few games: it will need some time to get comfortable. Next to that it is too much coincidence after the darkness complaining and being on a bad streak in-game.

And who are you to judge if she was right in complaining about the darkness? Rus had no problem, and so had Kanepi/Wozzy.

GoofyDuck
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:09 AM

that GIF :lol:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
You're fooled by her beautiful eyes I guess. Being rude to ballkids is OK because others did it as well? I didnt see any of that too, but I suppose its not a lie.
Same naivity about the medical timeout: she didnt get any treatment, just redoing the taping of her ankle. I dont think that's a good idea for just a few games: it will need some time to get comfortable. Next to that it is too much coincidence after the darkness complaining and being on a bad streak in-game.

And who are you to judge if she was right in complaining about the darkness? Rus had no problem, and so had Kanepi/Wozzy.

Didn't say it was okay to be rude to ballkids, on the contrary I think it's only right that players get called on it. But like you, I didn't see it, so don't think it has much point to bring it up on this thread. Based on the reactions of a lot of people to what I maintain were fairly minor behavioral infringements in this match, I'm inclined to be skeptical that she did anything all that terrible to the ballkids.

And it's fine for you to conclude that the ITO was gamesmanship, but it's not OK for me to suggest that she was justified in complaining about the light? The light WAS failing. Some players eyes are better than others, so it's not unusual for different players to be affected differently. Anyway, my point is not that the match should definitely have been stopped, but that she was within her rights to ask for it to happen. Plenty of players with exemplary records of sportsmanship have complained far more vehemently than she did under similar conditions.

Bottom line: fine if you want to criticize her behaviour, it could have been better for sure. But 20+ pages of posts on the results thread and 9 and counting here. You don't think that's a bit excessive for what she did?

Martao
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Well these pages mainly exist, because people think it isnt a big deal.
And I said before its ok that she asks for suspension, but dont whine if the decision is no.
Anyhow, lets quit it.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Well these pages mainly exist, because people think it isnt a big deal.
And I said before its ok that she asks for suspension, but dont whine if the decision is no.
Anyhow, lets quit it.

Fair enough

FleetSeb
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
She tweeted quarter of an hour ago:

Tough loss yesterday but credit to aranxta-she played a great match!didnt take my chances+at the end she was more solid!thx to everyone who supported me.i appreciate it!had a great time in paris and now its some time for germany.

More gracious here at least, she seems to have calmed down.

Fuzzylogic
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
The gif actually makes it look 10 times better than what people are making it out to be :hysteric:

Exactly, honestly the more I watch the gif the funnier and less bitchy it looks for some reason.

DonnaT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
this was so disgraceful from Julia :o

CillyUltra
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
For most of the duration of the match there was just normal cheering going on and part of that cheer was for Julia... but then in the third, shit started happening (interruptions, arguments) then obviously the crowd got more and more to the side of Rus... that by itself is additional indication that most of the crowd was neutral and local/French

Definitely wrong. There was a pro-Rus cheering from parts of the audience already during the 1st and 2nd set.

She tweeted quarter of an hour ago:

Tough loss yesterday but credit to aranxta-she played a great match!didnt take my chances+at the end she was more solid!thx to everyone who supported me.i appreciate it!had a great time in paris and now its some time for germany.

More gracious here at least, she seems to have calmed down.

It's her usual behaviour.

And it's fine for you to conclude that the ITO was gamesmanship, but it's not OK for me to suggest that she was justified in complaining about the light? The light WAS failing. Some players eyes are better than others, so it's not unusual for different players to be affected differently. Anyway, my point is not that the match should definitely have been stopped, but that she was within her rights to ask for it to happen. Plenty of players with exemplary records of sportsmanship have complained far more vehemently than she did under similar conditions.

There should be a fixed time for suspension set before matches, instead of random decisions by supervisors. Keeping this out of player's minds. If they want to get through the matches they have to install lights. Anything else is just pathetic.

Beat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
it wasn't just the odd handshake, it was görges' overall behaviour that was very disappointing. in fact i noticed it gets worse every time i see her. a worrisome development.

you know how they say - all them girls are bishes, and if they aren't, then they are just not pretty enough...

well, if "they" say that, "they" are utter morons.

antonella
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
If she was homely or obese, nobody would give a s***. This thread would only have 4 posts. PPL love cracking on a beautiful girl, guess that's human nature, exaggerating the faults of those who have what you'll never have.

Matt01
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
If she was homely or obese, nobody would give a s***. This thread would only have 4 posts. PPL love cracking on a beautiful girl, guess that's human nature, exaggerating the faults of those who have what you'll never have.

Yeah, those evil people are only criticising her because they are jealous that she is soooo beautiful :awww:

:bs:

davidmario
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:23 AM
julia also said to her coach: "gosh, she's sooo retarded!" when rus had the line umpire check one of her missed returns that was out by several inches. I think it was at 1-4 julia serving...

Harry.
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Hmm, to be honest I didn't know Julia had this sort of behaviour in her.:confused: Didn't see it coming at all. And I kinda liked her but this is sort of changing my opinion on her:sad:. This match was really poor form on her behalf.

First of all, she was constantly bitching about Rus to her camp which is shocking. Then she kept complaining about the light and then took a very dubious MTO, which was clearly intended to delay the match further in the hopes of carrying the match forward to the next day. And then she kept on beaming the come-on's at Rus' face, and kept deathstaring her. And to top it all off, that fail handshake. When I saw that, my heart sank tbh. I mean, it was just so weird :shrug:.

Have to say, appalling behaviour.

Navratil
Jun 4th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I don't like Goerges attitude at all! From all the German girls she's the one that I don't like...

joy division
Jun 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM
julia also said to her coach: "gosh, she's sooo retarded!" when rus had the line umpire check one of her missed returns that was out by several inches. I think it was at 1-4 julia serving...

It`s justified to critizise Julia`s behaviour in this match. No doubt about that.
But what you are doing here is just poor in every aspect.

You even don`t seem to notice that you are making a fool of yourself when you snipe and snitch on her especially without giving any source for what you`ve heard.:scratch:
Sorry, but you took the bun in this thread.

supermod
Jun 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
It`s justified to critizise Julia`s behaviour in this match. No doubt about that.
But what you are doing here is just poor in every aspect.

You even don`t seem to notice that you are making a fool of yourself when you snipe and snitch on her especially without giving any source for what you`ve heard.:scratch:
Sorry, but you took the bun in this thread.

Have you seen the match? What the poster says is probably true.

Julia was annoyed when Rus had the umpire check the mark, she looked in the crowd (probably at her team), rolled her eyes, smiled sarcastically and said a few words. I don't know what she said, but I'm sure it was not something nice. btw it was shown on TV, not sure what "source" for this you need.

Anyway, her behaviour was digusting in the second half of the match. The arguing about the light, the fake MTO, the loud come-ons and clenched fist in direction of Rus to intimidate her, the handshake....