PDA

View Full Version : WWW French Open R4: Kanepi vs Rus

TeamUla
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
I would give Kanepi the edge unless she chokes. But she won't play the top player (Arantxa :hug:) so I think that ain't happen.

Amalgamate
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Kanepi in two.

cn ireland
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Kanepi in 2!

Traitor
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Kanepi, what is Rus doing in R4.

DragonFlame
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
Gonna be incredibly tough for Rus. She seems way more calm then last year though, i'd be so happy if she can somehow win this as well. Just a great week for her whatever happens.

Kanepi is the big favourite in 2 sets.

Go aran, you can do it! Love ya!

Libertango
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
SO hilarious that this is the R4 match-up, and not Serena-Wozniacki :tape:

Personally, I'm thrilled for both, though I hope Kaia takes it.

Temperenka
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Such a cakewalk for Maria :yawn:

This. She could easily get to the SF by only playing one seeded player... and Peng barely counts considering she was 0-4 on clay before this tournament. :lol:

MaSharp
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Kanepi will win. But I want Arantxa!

SHILIN-GOAT
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Kanepi will make her 3rd QF (I think)

C. Drone
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
hopefully Rus somehow, but unlikely.
I´m just so tired of Kanepi choking, every damn time.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Will be thrilled either way. Already so proud of both my girls :yeah:

StoneRose
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
Kanepi will win of course, at least she took out a former top player. With the elimination of Serena the other section was a joke with Rus finally emerging to be eliminated now.

JamieMU30
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:58 PM
Kanepi has won both of their previous meetings in straight sets, so she is definitely a favorite to win this match. I don't think Aranxta has enough weapons to really beat Kanepi. Kanepi has played really well this clay season and deserves a QF showing for sure. However, one thing I am worried about is the hostile Dutch crowd. A few days ago, Lukasz Kubot of Poland lost to David Goffin of Belgium and the scene was very hostile. The Belgian crowd was cheering on Kubot's errors and that really changed the overall course of the match. Today, the Dutch crowd did the same thing to Goerges and she winded up losing. No one wants to think the crowd is against them, booing their winners and cheering their errors. If Kanepi lets the crowd into her head, it could be an interesting match. I am still going with Kanepi in 2 because she would be an utter moron to pass up this opportunity against an opponent in the R16 who is ranked number 88 in the world.

MrJovani2293
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:27 PM

4th QF. She made it to the QF in 2008 at RG and in 2010 at Wimbledon and US.

Kaia in 2. DESTROY RUS!!!!!

Dan_Doe
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:41 PM
I'd be glad to see any of these two girls in the QF. I think I want Arantxa to win, even though normally I would prefer Kaia.
But I guess Kanepi will take the opportunity and make another QF.

JoPova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Kaia in two! I'm still shocked that Rus has made it this far!

Martao
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
Kanepi has won both of their previous meetings in straight sets, so she is definitely a favorite to win this match. I don't think Aranxta has enough weapons to really beat Kanepi. Kanepi has played really well this clay season and deserves a QF showing for sure. However, one thing I am worried about is the hostile Dutch crowd. A few days ago, Lukasz Kubot of Poland lost to David Goffin of Belgium and the scene was very hostile. The Belgian crowd was cheering on Kubot's errors and that really changed the overall course of the match. Today, the Dutch crowd did the same thing to Goerges and she winded up losing. No one wants to think the crowd is against them, booing their winners and cheering their errors. If Kanepi lets the crowd into her head, it could be an interesting match. I am still going with Kanepi in 2 because she would be an utter moron to pass up this opportunity against an opponent in the R16 who is ranked number 88 in the world.

I think you kind of misunderstand. The dutch public is pretty much enthusiastic, but is usually fair. Julia Gorges was a bad sport, though, so she kind of asked for it. Was Wozniakci asking for a time-out? No, they played while Julia Gorges wasted 10 minutes on whining and time-out, after which it was darker.

Anyway. I think Kanepi is clear favorite. However, Rus is pretty stable and all-round at the moment; and of course mentally strong. If Kanepi chokes again, she's there to take the chance. I voted Rus in 3, but that's pretty much nationalism :-)

Martao
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Also, I think Rus may qualify for olympic games if she wins another, so that's a good motivation I guess.

TeamUla
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
I think you kind of misunderstand. The dutch public is pretty much enthusiastic, but is usually fair. Julia Gorges was a bad sport, though, so she kind of asked for it. Was Wozniakci asking for a time-out? No, they played while Julia Gorges wasted 10 minutes on whining and time-out, after which it was darker.

Anyway. I think Kanepi is clear favorite. However, Rus is pretty stable and all-round at the moment; and of course mentally strong. If Kanepi chokes again, she's there to take the chance. I voted Rus in 3, but that's pretty much nationalism :-)

Cheering for UE is not fair. :help: But it's more of Belgian people. Don't know how about Dutch crowd.

StoneRose
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:58 PM
Kaia in two! I'm still shocked that Rus has made it this far!I'm too but she played Goerges so it makes sense after all. Let's forget about this ever happening after Kanepi wins this.

The Kaz
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:06 AM

4th GS QF ;)

2008 RG, 2010 Wimby and USO

serendipitynow
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Maybe Rus in 2..

I was expecting a Julia and Caro 4th round.. :sad:

Stonerpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:56 AM
Kanepi comfortably.

chingching
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:37 AM

The Dutch are no where near as bad as the Belgians. They only cheer winners very loudly and errors with claps. Julia was being a bitch and she's German so that's why she got the crap. Dutch people are simply very bubbly and enthusiastic

I really don't care who wins but I'll say Kaia in 3 after losing the first tightly

Trickle
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:58 AM
The fact that Kaia if she wins this will have 4 GS QFs in her career but her career high ranking is 16 kind of speaks to how inconsistent she has been throughout the years.

Buitenzorg
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
upset galore is conitnues.... Rus def Kanepi 1-6 7-6(9) 6-4

HawkAussie
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
Kanepi will win 6-3 6-0
Mark my words

Woland
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
The fact that Kaia if she wins this will have 4 GS QFs in her career but her career high ranking is 16 kind of speaks to how inconsistent she has been throughout the years.

She has been inconsistent, but also almost every year there has been several months when she has been injured. Even this year there was small pause in the end of winter, but just a minor thing. If she won't get injured before September, that's pretty much her first full year in circuit.

chingching
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Kaia has a shot at top 10 if she can make the Wimbly Semi she should have in 2010 (had about 7 match points) and the quarters here, along with maybe a 3rd or 4th round in America, she will be comfortably inside. And thats ignoring Olympics and the American hardcourt swing :)
BTW, when do Olympic seedings come out???

JamieMU30
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:48 AM
Kaia will reach a career high of 15 with this win and a good seeding at Wimbledon...With no points to defend at Wimbledon and the USO or pretty much all summer, she has a good chance to progress into the Top 10 this year...Hope she doesn't fuck up the opportunity...And since she isn't playing a Top 10 player, there really shouldn't be any nerves or chokes...Rus is ranked 88, no offense...

JamieMU30
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM

I was going based on what people said before Julia's antics started, not after...I can't confirm because I wasn't there but I heard the Dutch were cheering errors and booing winners from the start before Julia started being a bitch out there

MarkNL
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
I think Kanepi in 2, but I hope for Arantxa of course.

Perhaps if Kanepi plays shit and starts choking again and Rus can serve well, then maybe this could be a closer match :p

Go Aran! :rocker2:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Go Kaia!!! Please don't choke! :bowdown: :scared:

Txa:

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/ByeBitch.gif

Rusher
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Hopefully Kanepi but do not know how does she recover from this marathon match against Wozniacki

bbjpa
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Kanepi will win 7/6 6/7 9/7 after leading 5/0 in each set :hysteric:

Wert.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Hopefully Arantxa :cheer:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
hoping Arantxa :kiss:

flareon
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Kaia, she usually beats people who are lower ranked than her...

Melange
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
RUS is peaking at just the right time

hardball
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:52 PM
kaia should win in two, but she can't be fully recovered from the 3rd round drama. i expect another up and down match which kaia will take in two tough sets.

deliverance.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Come on Kaia! Should win this. Don't choke, please :awww:

Vaidisova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Rus in 3

Mixal
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
This is slighty off-topic, but do you guys think they'll play tomorrow?
We have:

1. Tipsarevic-Almagro
2. Del Potro-Berdych at least one set
3. Li-Shvedova
4. Nadal-Monaco
5. Kanepi-Rus

Unless Monaco bends over for Nadal, I don't think they'll even start the match.

Dexter
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
We have:

1. Tipsarevic-Almagro
3. Li-Shvedova
4. Nadal-Monaco
5. Kanepi-Rus

Unless Monaco bends over for Nadal, I don't think they'll even start the match.If that's the case hopefully they reschedule it on another court like Stosur-Stephens today.

lenc
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
We have:

1. Tipsarevic-Almagro
3. Li-Shvedova
4. Nadal-Monaco
5. Kanepi-Rus

Unless Monaco bends over for Nadal, I don't think they'll even start the match.
I am quite sure they won't be able to play it on Court Suzanne Lenglen tomorrow. They will probably put it on Court 1 like the Stosur match today. Of course we should keep our fingers crossed that matches on Court Philippe Chatrier won't be long because in that case the Kvitova-Lepchenko match would be put on Court 1 and Kanepi-Rus will end up on Court Rat's Ass with no television cameras :tape:

Chip.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Kanepi 6-0 5-7 8-6 :o

Hurley
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Kanepi will win 7/6 6/7 9/7 after leading 5/0 in each set :hysteric:

This will win the "closest prediction" contest :crying2:

quasi
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Kaia in 2 close sets

Richie's
Jun 4th, 2012, 10:02 AM