PDA

View Full Version : So who will win Roland garros now?

Maria rocks
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
Gotta be Maria im really really hoping im celebrating this time next Saturday!!!
What do you guys think? Obv Li na and Stosur stand a big chance anyone else?

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Shvedova...duh :rolleyes:

:lol:

KingCrimson88
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Well now that Wozniacki is out, I gotta go with Rus

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Not even putting Azarenka in this. Thanks for making Maria fans look bad.

jasonwright25
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Kerber

Maria rocks
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM

Who?

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Li or Stosur.

Sharapova will not win. QUOTE ME.

FleetSeb
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Some Sharapova fans getting far too cocky.

Definite sense of hubris on this forum.

NashaMasha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
stop opening jinx threads......

Masha is playing good , but still no really competitive matches to make predictions

I can't imagine slow and lazy Kvitova getting through Li Na , i am still sure Vika has more chances to get into the finals than Sam/Kuzzie/Kerber , but not more than 50%

LightWarrior
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
The winner will be in the botton half : SugarPova or NaNa.

M.S.F
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Errani :oh:

Stonerpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Whoever makes the final from the bottom half (Sharapova, Kvitova, Li)

In The Zone
If it is a Vika/Maria final, I can see Vika defeating Maria but right now, Maria is the obvious favorite.

Kvitova could pull off the semifinal win over Maria if Maria gets tight but I haven't liked Kvitova's movement in this tournament so far.

Stosur would be a bigger favorite if she didn't have Vika has her QF. That's a tough matchup for her.

I think we will see a Kuznetsova/Sharapova final with Sharapova winning.

Libertango
Maria will have to get up to some serious fuckery to not win IMO.

Charlatan
Li or Stosur.

Some Sharapova fans getting far too cocky.

Definite sense of hubris on this forum.

Basically!!!

Maria rocks
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:40 PM
this time next Sat night us Maria fans will be popping those champagne corks. Mark my words.

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Li or Stosur.

Quoted :yeah:

MaSharp
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Sharapova or Li. I don't see Sam winning against Maria, Vika isn't so good, and Sveta isn't enough consistant...

deboraski
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
The way Maria is playing I think only SuperNa can win over her.

rnwerner
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Na Li.
I think there's a chance for high-quality quarters and semi and final.
4th round will have some onesided results.

Li - Sharapova or Stosur - Sharapova would be a great final.
Especially Stosur - Sharapova (remember Stuttgart).

But I hope Kanepi can upset Sharapova.

BH both wings
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
Sharapova has to win it. She has her spot in the SF already and nothing to stop her really.

Li almost eliminated herself today against McHale, she hasn't won a match against any serious opponent the whole year. She did great by getting so far in the tournament, hack, this forum thought she wouldn't make it further than Radwanska a week ago!

The top half is more interesting, but I doubt anyone of them will be a big hurdle for a confident Sharapova in the final.

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
this time next Sat night us Maria fans will be popping those champagne corks. Mark my words.

So basically you just started this thread to talk trash. Real classy! Like I said stop making us Maria fans look bad and shut up!

deboraski
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
Li almost eliminated herself today against McHale, she hasn't won a match against any serious opponent the whole year.

She won the SF of Sydney vs Petra K.

:sad:

hardball
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
if kaia gets past QF, she will win this one.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
I nervously picked Aza before RG and I have to stick with her. Masha winning this seems to surreal for me

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
I nervously picked Aza before RG and I have to stick with her. Masha winning this seems to surreal for me

In what sense?

Stern
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Sharapova will win the title. The 1st-3rd round matches performance tell everything

tievae
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Sharapova. Not a Sharapova fan, but after coming so close in 2 of the last 3 majors, I'd prefer Sharapova over Azarenka or Stosur.

NashaMasha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
So basically you just started this thread to talk trash. Real classy! Like I said stop making us Maria fans look bad and shut up!

Signed

MarkNL
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:07 PM
Rus of course :oh:

No, seriously I hope its Stosur :)

cn ireland
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Sharapova

le bon vivant
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
This is totally Maria's tournament to win or lose, she is the heavy favorite now.
I wonder if she will be able to handle the pressure.

TennisAddict84
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
This is totally Maria's tournament to win or lose, she is the heavy favorite now.

That's what I was thinking earlier too...

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:35 PM

Clearly last year she couldn't but its another year now so we'll see, I still think that she is well aware that nothing is done for sure, there are great claycourters in the draw and the defending champ is still alive.

Stern
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
No, she shouldn't be effected by pressure. Sharapova has strongest mental than other players who still in draw. She almost won last year, this year she came here with a far better form, and had learn from the SF loss, no one could stop her now!!

Comebacksova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:17 AM
Jinxpova will win. :devil:

Marcus1979
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
and other fan bases say Venus and Serena fans are cocky and arrogant :devil:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
I think these are the 3 who have looked best so far and should be the favorites, but still a bit odd to exclude Vika from the poll. I'm going with Sam: I think her game is getting better and better and she just loves these Paris courts.

:lol: at posters who are wondering whether Maria will handle the pressure. If she wins it will be because she handles the pressure well. Both Na and Sam have better clay games.

Imperfect Angel
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Masha

Buitenzorg
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Sharapova would be acting as a bridesmaid once again :help:

C'mon Stosur :)

LUVMIRZA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Hand her the trophy already pls!!! She is having the joke of a draw.Considering Kvitty's abysmal form, will jus have to handle LiNa who is in a mental torture anyway with her defending champion thingy and all..she'll be thankful to BB forever once she releases her from this torture:sobbing::rolleyes:

mickymouse
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:51 AM
If Kaia isn't such a phenomenal choker, I'd have picked her. Can just imagine her serving for the championship at RG.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
If Kaia isn't such a phenomenal choker, I'd have picked her. Can just imagine her serving for the championship at RG.

oh Gaaawdd:hysteric: If thats gonna happen she needs a brain transplant asap from Justine or Serena:help:

Expat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
i am sticking to my prediction that its either vika, petra or na.

Woland
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Let's see:
Azarenka Vs. Cibulkova - Cibulkova actually have had stronger matches than Azarenka had in RG. I would say Cibulkova.
Stephens Vs. Stosur - Results are quite equal and can actually go eighter way, but I will still pick Stosur.
Kuznetsova Vs. Errani - Kuznetsova will win. Errani is good, Kuznetsova is better.
Kerber Vs. Martic - I think it will be 3 set match where Martic wins first one, but loses in the end.
Shevadova Vs. Li - Li is going to win that, but Shevadova fights more than Li would like.
Lepchenko Vs. Kvitova - Kvitova will win. Just because Stephens plays today. If Stephens wins somehow, Lepchenko chokes, if she loses, than pressure is off and she won't fight as she should. Kvitova wins comfortably.
Rus Vs. Kanepi - Kanepi wins, but I guess not as easily as she would like to 6-4, 7-5 is realistic.
Sharapova Vs. Zakopalova - Sharapova by mile.

QF
Cibulkova Vs. Stosur - Stosur wins. Just using power and confidence.
Kuznetsova Vs. Kerber - Kuznetsova wins this
Li Vs. Kvitova - I can't see Li losing this.
Kanepi Vs. Sharapova - Tricky. Sharapova probably wins this, but depends more on how Kanepi plays and how lucky she is. Funny thing is if Kanepi wins, I can say her chances are better to win RG, than Sharapova, if she wins the match. Just couple of % better, but still. Just because player who is high on adrenaline and in form is better than just player in form. Also Kanepi might get into QF in doubles today and if she does, for her this tournament is success and she loosens up and won't choke anymore. So two versions here:

SF Version 1:
Stosur Vs. Kuznetsova - Kuznetsova
Li Vs. Kanepi - Kanepi

F 1:
Kuznetsova Vs. Kanepi - That's hard. I think it would be 3 setter with 3 tiebreaks. No idea who would win

SF Version 2:
Stosur Vs. Kuznetsova - Kuznetsova
Li Vs. Sharapova - Sharapova

F Version 2:
Kuznetsova Vs. Sharapova - 60/40 to Kuznetsova

So ranking should be:
1. Kuznetsova
2. Sharapova
3. Stosur
4. Kanepi
5. Li
Kanepi is dark horse here and Kuznetsova ja Sharapova are heavy favorites with Stosur and Li probably giving hardest resistance. I don't see anyone else winning the tournament. Next 4 are also in consideration, but chances are slim. Azarenka might not even get into QF, but if she does, she has better chances than others.

6. Azarenka
7. Kvitova
8. Cibulkova
9. Kerber

Steven.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
one of li, vika, petra, petra, rus, kaia, stosur, kookie, sloane, errani, angie, slava, varvara, aran, domi are the faves to take out the title imo. Maria has no chance.

twinbridge
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
one of li, vika, petra, petra, rus, kaia, stosur, kookie, sloane, errani, angie, slava, varvara, aran, domi are the faves to take out the title imo. Maria has no chance.

You Listed 15 except Pova :angel:

Marcus1979
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
we all know Pova is the big favourite :angel:

Smith Saybrook
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
I think if Maria makes it to the final I think GSfinalpova will show up and find a way to lose to Stosur, Azarenka, or Kuznetsova if they make the final too.

I'd put good chances on her defeating Kerber, Stephens, Martic, Cibulkova, Errani, if they happen to make the final from the top, but I don't see that happening.

With that said, I think Na's mental edge would prevail in a match against Kvitova who aside from Wimbledon has had a tough time closing out matches in GS, and despite the ending of the Rome Final, I think Na's game still matches up very well against Maria, and if the conditions are in any way tricky I give Na the edge on that.

I think Li Na has a good chance to repeat if she can find a way to close out a match again.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM

Strange, you failed to mention the possibility that the earth will be invaded by tennis-hating aliens before next Saturday, after which the arena will be modified to feed the remaining players in the draw to the lions. :lol:

Smith Saybrook
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
If Maria gets through a windy day before the finals , I'd give her a better shot. Despite her improved serve I still think anything like last years SF conditions will prove disastrous.

Marcus1979
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
maria does struggle in windy conditions. I remember when she played davenport at Indian Wells in 2005 she lost badly.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
hopefully Stosur:)

sdch
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Sharapova has to win it. She has her spot in the SF already and nothing to stop her really.

Li almost eliminated herself today against McHale, she hasn't won a match against any serious opponent the whole year. She did great by getting so far in the tournament, hack, this forum thought she wouldn't make it further than Radwanska a week ago!

The top half is more interesting, but I doubt anyone of them will be a big hurdle for a confident Sharapova in the final.

The last two sets were 6-2, 6-1. Once she adjusted to McHale's game of retrieving amazing shots, it was over.

sdch
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
I really can't see anyone but Sharapova, Li or Stosur winning. All three have about the shame shot, IMO. It's really ironic, I can't see Sharapova ever winning another AO, Wimby or USO, but I can see her winning RG. It used to be the exact opposite, 3 years ago.

aussietennisfan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Of course I would love Stosur to win and think that she can BUT head says Maria

Queenpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
li na

Sassy-Na
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Stosur vs Na = Stosur wins
Stosur vs Maria = 50/50

Errani vs Na please :angel:

doomsday
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
I know it doesn't mean a lot but I really think that Stosur is going to win.
2010 Schiavone def Stosur
2011 Na Li def Schiavone
2012 Stosur def Na Li

See the pattern :lol: :lol: :lol:

vozas
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Stosur holding 2 slams? Child please...

DragonFlame
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Anyone BUT maria pls.

sxeraserhead
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I like how this draw is turning out. The Stosur - Sharapova match in Stuttgart was extremely tense and high quality, I'd like to see them bring that to a slam final ;)

Rex59
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Kvitova, if she rights herself and becomes consistent. Brilliant and dominating one moment, inept the next.

doomsday
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM

:lol: I'm telling you :lol:

FleetSeb
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Pretty sure Maria only wins slams when she had terrible terrible draws. When she has cakewalks she gets lost in all the icing.

Her 3 slam wins were 3 of the toughest wins in the last decade. Never done well when it's opened up for her.

M.S.F
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM

I know right? :tape:
The fact that she won only two WTA titles beside the US Open is embarssing :o

BH both wings
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Hmm, suddenly it doesn't look too terrible for Stosur. Stephens, Cibulkova, Errani/Kerber, nothing to worry about. And she could get a bye in the final. Or Sharapova.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Sharapova will get to the final and probably have a brain freeze again. I'm guessing Li na...or Stosur...I REALLY want Sloan to upset her though. I really want to catch this match to support the new "William Sister" (yeah I said it) lol but there have been little to ZERO coverage of the french this year. (The writting is on the wall, i saw the same thing with gymnastics and figure skating years back) If there are no top americans, no real rivalries, inconsistent winners..networks are not going to broadcast it as much.

BH both wings
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
For me, it looks like that right now:

Sharapova 38%
Stosur 21%
Kerber 9%
Kvitova 8%
Cibulkova 5%
Li 5%
Errani 3%
Rest <3%

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
li na..na li...li na...na li...li na...na li :sobbing:

marineblue
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'd go with Errani just for the fun of it. But seriously, Sarita is a great surprise in this event.

DonnaT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
I think Maria or Stosur

Maria rocks
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:14 PM
I think Maria or Stosur

Yeah Stosur does worry me a bit deffo the biggest threat. Errani could be a dark horse too!!

Stonerpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah Stosur does worry me a bit deffo the biggest threat. Errani could be a dark horse too!!

The Stosur match-up doesn't really scare me. Maria was rusty as hell in their Stuttgart match while Stosur played about as well as she can and Maria still won. I'm far more concerned about a potential semifinal matchup with Li.

Kasey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Petra, for the love of God.

Maria rocks
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Petra, for the love of God.

I can't see Petra winning it she's too in and out at the moment.

Kasey
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
I can't see Petra winning it she's too in and out at the moment.

True.
Maybe Bratchikova's match was just meaningless accident, which happens once a year :sobbing:

Synth
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Maria's still the favorite. Her form right now is impeccable.

If Kvitova can basically pull out her best form from QF onwards, she's a good one to place a bet on. But I don't know if she'll be able to do that at the moment.

I believe that for Li's best form to win, she will still require Kvitova and Maria to be in suboptimal form, which is likely for Petra, but looks to be unlikely for Maria. Sharapova is on a mission.

Stosur needs to keep her head screwed on straight and not let the expectations get to her. Her best form will definitely take her to the final, an outright win over Li, and I can't really call between Petra or Maria, though I would probably tip it towards Stosur just because her game is so effective on clay.

Everyone else will need one of these four to play poorly and cause an upset. Which, considering this is WTA, has a pretty high probability.

i.e. If everyone was at their top form (for entire matches) from here on out I would probably rank them Stosur, Kvitova, Maria, Li.
Actually ranking them according to what form I expect them to bring to their matches, I rank them Maria, Stosur, Li, Kvitova.

Craig.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:08 PM
I think these are the 3 who have looked best so far and should be the favorites, but still a bit odd to exclude Vika from the poll. I'm going with Sam: I think her game is getting better and better and she just loves these Paris courts.

:lol: at posters who are wondering whether Maria will handle the pressure. If she wins it will be because she handles the pressure well. Both Na and Sam have better clay games.

Shocker! :eek: :p

tennisforadults
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:52 PM

Why is that embarrassing? I rather have 1 Grand Slam title than 10 Premier or MM titles.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:55 PM
I'll be happy with Sharapova, Stosur or Kvitova :hearts: :hearts:

The Kaz
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Gee I wish Zakopalova beats Shrieky, just to shut her smug, overconfident fanboys up :o

The Kaz
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM

Stay pressed that Sam smashed your weakrena in a GS final :wavey:

cypher_88
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
Gee I wish Zakopalova beats Shrieky, just to shut her smug, overconfident fanboys up :o

Wouldn't you prefer Stosur to beat her? Tennis-wise Stosur-Sharapova would be a much more interesting match then anything with Zakopalova in the later stages of the tournament.
But then you want her to lose because of her fans, not because she played badly/was outplayed... true tennis fan.

aselto
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:22 PM
I believe that for Li's best form to win, she will still require Kvitova and Maria to be in suboptimal form, which is likely for Petra, but looks to be unlikely for Maria. Sharapova is on a mission.

:haha:
Li doesn't need to depend on Sharapova's form, she was completely destroying Pova in Rome final until her infamous choke. Whether or not Li reaches final, it's in her head not in her opponents' hands.

NashaMasha
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:41 PM
Li doesn't need to depend on Sharapova's form, she was completely destroying Pova in Rome final until her infamous choke. Whether or not Li reaches final, it's in her head not in her opponents' hands.

In Rome Li Na has a weather advantage.(17-20 km/h wind) For Sharapova wind is a more tough opponent than most of WTA players.

Of course, nobody can be sure about the weather at RG

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:45 PM

You are the one to talk :haha: any of them hardly claims she is winning nor are they cocky about her chances...

plus, u don't see them whoring in WWW threads, making must-happen predictions like YOU always DID for serena/venus vs sam matches :rolls: then gets pwned in result threads when fans quoted your posts earlier :rolls:

le bon vivant
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:47 PM
You are the one to talk :haha: none of them hardly claim she is winning nor are they cocky about her chances...

plus, u don't see them whoring in WWW threads, making must-happen predictions like YOU always DID for serena/venus vs sam matches :rolls:http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/camron.gif

Synth
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:48 PM

If Maria was playing in her best form, Li wouldn't have bulldozed through her. I don't think the difference between Li's best form and Sharapova's best form is so great that Li's able to take game after game from Maria without Sharapova being able to do anything. Similarly, I don't think Sharapova's best form is able to take game after game from Li without her being able to do anything. If they were both playing in their best form, I would expect it to be competitive, but Maria to win by a hair.

Queenpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/camron.gif
It's true. it's most non fans claiming she's the absolute fave.

Charlatan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/camron.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz9bu35fTe1qinilbo1_250.gif

hun, we all know u guys lurk under certain forums, so go ahead and pull it off :kiss:

le bon vivant
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz9bu35fTe1qinilbo1_250.gif

hun, we all know u guys lurk under certain forums, so go ahead and pull it off :kiss:I don't have to present receipts. Its obvious to everyone who posts in GM except you, apparently. Her fans are the reason most people are rooting against her, they can't wait to see all of your faces crack. :lol:

Charlatan
Jun 4th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I don't have to present receipts. Its obvious to everyone who posts in GM except you, apparently. Her fans are the reason most people are rooting against her, they can't wait to see all of your faces crack. :lol:

last time i check, the ones rooting against her are the usual posters who don't like her since centuries...i can even make a list of people if u want...

but then, that's how u perceive the whole situation so :shrug:

Stern
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Li doesn't need to depend on Sharapova's form, she was completely destroying Pova in Rome final until her infamous choke. Whether or not Li reaches final, it's in her head not in her opponents' hands.Yes, but the condition of rome was nothing to do with the current form of both Li and Sharapova. We all know Maria played perfectly in last matches, and Li shows her weakness and inconsistent against McHale. Sharapova beat Li twice in last meeting(including the heartbreaking Rome final )Sharapova would have better mental advantage on Thursday.

stromatolite
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Shocker! :eek: :p

:lol:I'm not going for all this jinxing and counter-jinxing and counter-counter-jinxing all you Masha fans are engaging in. I reckon the best way to beat a jinx is to look it in squarely in the eye and tell it fuck off;)

stromatolite
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Wouldn't you prefer Stosur to beat her? Tennis-wise Stosur-Sharapova would be a much more interesting match then anything with Zakopalova in the later stages of the tournament. But then you want her to lose because of her fans, not because she played badly/was outplayed... true tennis fan.

I actually agree with you, and even though deep in my weak little heart I have to admit I'd prefer Sam to play Na if she gets to the final, this match-up would be awesome. If Sam has to lose another slam final, I at least want it to be an epic, and I think this one would fit the bill. (I also think she has a good chance of beating Masha if they do meet, but it will be tough either way).

Johnbert
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:56 AM
lepchenko

Smith Saybrook
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Yes, but the condition of rome was nothing to do with the current form of both Li and Sharapova. We all know Maria played perfectly in last matches, and Li shows her weakness and inconsistent against McHale. Sharapova beat Li twice in last meeting(including the heartbreaking Rome final )Sharapova would have better mental advantage on Thursday.

So, you're saying the condition of Rome has nothing to do with the current form of these players, but then saying that Sharapova will have a mental advantage if they met due to Rome? That's a bit contradictory.

IF anything Li will have the mental advantage of knowing last time they played on clay she had all the tools to beat her, and the last time they played at RG she did just that.

NashaMasha
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:15 AM
IF anything Li will have the mental advantage of knowing last time they played on clay she had all the tools to beat her, and the last time they played at RG she did just that.

at the same time Sharapova will be sure that even losing first set and 4 games in second Li Na is vulnerable. chances are 50-50 ,but if the weather is fine it would be slightly easier for Maria
However , it's too early to discuss possible SF , as 4R and QF are not going to be easy for both

JCTennisFan
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:24 AM
For me, its Sharapova or Kvitova. But with the way things are going up til this point, there is honestly no farking telling.