PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate choker - Kaia Kanepi.

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Watching her trying to close out a big match is so painful. :rolleyes:

Remix13
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
She's a choker among the chokers... I'm sure she's gonna beat Woz anyway.

Let.them.talk
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
The match is not finished xD

GrandMartha
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
and for no reason at all. It's not like that Wozniacka upped anything in her game :tape:

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
and for no reason at all. It's not like that Wozniacka upped anything in her game :tape:IKR. :o

She got really tight after missing that easy put-away at *5-2 30-0 that would give her a triple MP.

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:16 PM
Karolina was generous... this match her to end on her error. No way Kaia would have finished otherwise. Thank you, Karo. :worship:

Let.them.talk
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Kaia won
Choke was a... scare, nothing else :hysteric:

TennisAddict84
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
kanepi seems to have improved a lot...has a nice all around game from what I saw today...but she really needs to work on her mental toughness

SVK
I´ve seen much worse and more repetitive chokers than her.

GoofyDuck
Kvitova also beat her at Wimbledon saving tons of MP's and leads in 2010 WIMBY QF

JN
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:20 PM
If she were the ultimate, she woulda lost.

Dexter
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
It was a jinx thread, it can be closed now. It has served its purpose. :angel:

tkutsaar
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
I suspected that there would be a plethora of posters who would take the tack that Kaia was choking when she blew a huge lead once and almost twice. I wasn’t disappointed.

Keegan
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
There are much worse chokers than her. She actually managed to close out the match eventually, that makes her like a really bad choker as she still won.

Tennisfan06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
She is kinda mental midget but at least she won, she used to lose these kind of matches before.

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Empress clay season 2012. is THE CHOKER :sobbing:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
She's kind of erratic mentally. She does have these horrorshows occasionally, but on the other side of it, she occasionally actually produces very impressive fightbacks, e.g. in her match against Wozniacki in Tokyo when she came back from a double-break DOWN in the last set to win :shrug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
kanepi seems to have improved a lot...has a nice all around game from what I saw today...but she really needs to work on her mental toughness

I agree, I really enjoy watching her play when she's on her game :bounce: And dayum she has gotten allot fitter! :worship:

LightWarrior
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
No, the ultimate choker is Serena Williams being one set up and 5/1 up TB in 1st round GS. By her standards of course, not Novotna's.

laurie
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Didn't see the match today but my mind is drawn immediately to the 2010 Wimbledon quarterfinal when she should have beaten Kvitova in straight sets, then had a substantial lead in the 3rd set and served for the match and still lost.

If Kanepi can control her nerves, she could actually be a top player.

Traitor
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:02 PM
I Seen worse Jankovic,Serena,Li Na,those are what you call chokers.

Woland
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Her choking is only there with top10 players. She still has not played with top10 players so much. More and more games she plays with them, less she chokes. She just needs to play with them more often and she stops choking when she's comfortable playing with them and have wins against them.
1 year ago she was 0-2 against Wozniaki. Then she got win against her and yesterday she wasn't afraid of her when coming to play. Now she's 2-1 in last 3 meetings. Yes, she still choked, but next time she won't do even that anymore.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
I don't know..some players choke because they were tight when hitting the shots, hence hitting the shots out or to the net. For Kaia, she's like her mind is totally blank and no idea what to do during those very important points.:lol: At one point the ball was just beside her and she just need to hit back on court but she chose to hit it out.:haha:

WhoAmI?
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
I don't know..some players choke because they were tight when hitting the shots, hence hitting the shots out or to the net. For Kaia, she's like her mind is totally blank and no idea what to do during those very important points.:lol: At one point the ball was just beside her and she just need to hit back on court but she chose to hit it out.:haha:

Well, but maybe it really is. Because she said she can't remember the end of the 2nd set.
It's possible to be so nervous that in the end you won't even know what you're doing, why you're doing, and nothing makes sense.

Woland
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
If you look her game she's more focused and plays more with brain than most of the others and then on those choke times, she's totally brainless. So only question is why she chokes. Only reason is when she gets in to 6-1, 5-1 situation, she is:

"Oh my god, I can't win so easily against so tough opponents, she is top5 players etc." and she starts to choke at that moment. With every win against players like that, this feeling starts to vanish.

chingching
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Against Kvitova, she had 7 match points over 2 sets :hysteric:

But she is improving nicely :)

If she could get hold of her head, she can be top 10, even top 5

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
This is the ultimate choker:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/975/082/Jana-Novotna-is-consoled--007_display_image.jpg?1306776750

She did it at RG too, see how it feels to save 9 MP against the ultimate choker:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39033000/jpg/_39033597_rubin300getty.jpg

Gaby :oh: :

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0806/memorable.comebacks/images/1993-mary-joe-fernandez.jpg

Steadyniacki
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
This is true :sobbing:

JN
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39033000/jpg/_39033597_rubin300getty.jpg

:inlove: :bowdown: :inlove: :bowdown:

Brad[le]y.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Chanda performing the ultimate comeback :bowdown:

Kampi
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Thank god she managed to win this time but I agree, it was painful to watch towards the end of the second set. So congrats to Kanepi for overcoming your demons and winning it in the end.:)

markedman
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Thank god she managed to win this time but I agree, it was painful to watch towards the end of the second set. So congrats to Kanepi for overcoming your demons and winning it in the end.:)

I agree. I had to got out after the second set tie break and thought when I return I would read that she had lost. At least, somehow, she managed to get herself back together and close out the match. :)

JamieOwen3
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
She was choking so hard at times last night I feared she would have ended up like this bitch.... :tape:

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3781869&t=o