Keep this going! :cheer:

CiarŠn
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
The destruction continues :hearts:.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zsbeRGev1qfccvpo1_500.gif

Steff_forever
clay-GOAT of 2012 :shrug:

Ms precision shows no mercy against too virtuous Shuai being just overchallenged again/also on the slower clay. :rolleyes:
"winning too easy" doesn't hurt in a probably 7 match rally at RoGa

well done mighty Masha :drool: /NID; in R16 Kookie's challenge won't do much more than China's #2 I guess.
I wish both of them best of luck... :kiss:

Cosmic Voices
Sensational again :inlove:
It was windy and Masha still came out with GOAT stats.

GL in the next round girl :cheer:

CameronCopper
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Too good from Maria... 32W and 8UE

GoofyDuck
Shushu :hug:

Maria played well

RenaSlam.
Povagoat

claypova
Maria was insanely good :bowdown:

Peng :hug:

doomsday
The destruction continues :hearts:.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zsbeRGev1qfccvpo1_500.gif

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: I love this, keep it up Maria.

flareon
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
I think shuai did not play that badly :scared:
one game out on my prediction :/

pedropt
So good. Soooooo good.

Thank you Maria! :hearts:

chingching
Shushu played very well in the first. Masha defies physics
I don't know how she can hit the ball so hard from the most obscure places of the court and hit wonder shots

jameshazza
Everything was on fire today. Not worthy of that performance. Keep it going girl, you're scaring me :sobbing:

effedcamel
ClinicalPova :drool:

JoPova
Maria played so well today! Kepp this up Maria! :cheer:

Shuai :hug:

Belmont Lad
Queen Masha continues her devastating march through Paris :hearts: :worship: Everything is working, beauty.

Pasta-Na
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
slow, poor return, moonballing and ues. :hug:

Libertango
I can't see her losing here.

Congrats Maria

Shushu :hug: You are so likeable :hearts:

madmax
32W/8 UE's...nuff said:drive:

Sharakim
Masha is in dominating form at the moment. 5 games lost in six sets is mighty impressive. Hopefully one of her next opponents will manage to push her harder than Peng did today. Keep going Maria! :D

MegaDethly
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Why is Sharapova suddenly good on clay now? Is she really a skilled clay court player or does she just hit the ball harder than the others (until she starts hitting them out because hey, all good things must come to an end)...?

Monzanator
Peng played pretty well esp. in the first, tailed off after getting broken early in the second. Maria has the confidence definitely back, she's playing as much drive-volleys as I've seen her for a long while. That serve keeps up too! :D

Tenis Srbija
Jesus, she is facing scrubs but she is scrubbing the clay with them :oh:

SAISAI-GOAT
8 winners and 11 UE for Shuai ... she is truly a pusher now :sobbing:

congrats Maria I guess :oh:

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Maria looks seriously HOT in that dress. Great footwork, lovely beatdown.

Keep it up against upcoming quality opposition please.

Bayo
Maria was very charming in the post-match interview with Rennae Stubbs.

Queenpova
Nice. :D

Peng :hug:

cautiouslip
Amazing form :cheer: Hopefully she will only get better as the rounds go by

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
This feels too easy somehow :sobbing:

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM

I'm scared :sobbing:

hablo
:yawn:

These easy first rounds make come back to haunt Sharpie down the road...

LUVMIRZA
cakewalkpova:drool:

Sharakim
Why is Sharapova suddenly good on clay now? Is she really a clay court player or does she just hit the ball harder than the others (until she starts hitting them out because hey, all good things must come to an end)...?She was a much better clay court player than people gave her credit for in her teens. First GS QF was Roland Garros 2004 afterall. ALso, her improvement in sliding on clay, fitness, satmina, and overall movement has really made her much better on this surface. Tactically, she's become more patient in long rallies, and knows when to really go for a winner as opposed to just ballbashing.

Lachy
Wow Mash. Peng didn't even play that poorly :lol:

Shivank17
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
Solid stuff :worship: Peng wasn't even that bad, Maria was just too good. :drool:

Keep that going! :cheer:

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
KEEP IT UP! :yeah:

LenaDMania0003
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Great performance from Maria :yeah: :bounce: better than previous 2 matches
W/UE 27/8 is impressive especially on red clay
please keep this form

Kon.
Good stuff.
She's so impressive this far. :yeah:

Peng's so cute :hug:

Libertango
Also, amazing dress.

V.e.s.W
Solid performance today ;)

Shafanovic.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Keep going Maria :yeah:

Monzanator
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Why is Sharapova suddenly good on clay now? Is she really a skilled clay court player or does she just hit the ball harder than the others (until she starts hitting them out because hey, all good things must come to an end)...?

She improved her movement on clay, slides to the BH now and serves the best since her shoulder injury. She has that confidence back on top of all this and quite frankly I suspect her rivals don't feel like she's that cow on ice anymore. She is the ultimate competitor on tour and allthough some folks might laugh it off, she really gives it all every damn point.

32W / 8UE is a hugely impressive stat for anyone!! :D

vozas
http://i54.tinypic.com/x3z9dc.gif

MiiMo
Maria was very charming in the post-match interview with Rennae Stubbs.

What did she say ? :D

serendipitynow
Maria :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Peng :hearts:

MegaDethly
She was a much better clay court player than people gave her credit for in her teens. First GS QF was Roland Garros 2004 afterall. ALso, her improvement in sliding on clay, fitness, satmina, and overall movement has really made her much better on this surface. Tactically, she's become more patient in long rallies, and knows when to really go for a winner as opposed to just ballbashing.

Thanks for answering. I must say I have noticed she builds up points more before she goes for the winner.

Queenpova
http://i54.tinypic.com/x3z9dc.gif

:lol::hearts:

Vuvurenka
Just give Maria the trophy already, there's absolutely nobody able to stop her!!! Her first three rounds have been absolutely amazing

Monzanator
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
:yawn:

If you follow her 2008 AO run, that is not the case ;)

Libertango
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Just give Maria the trophy already, there's absolutely nobody able to stop her!!! Her first three rounds have been absolutely amazing

Agreed.

Bayo
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
What did she say ? :D

Just friendly banter really. She kept teasing Rennae for not wearing Cole Haan shoes. It was cute.

TuxedoSlam
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Wow going strong! :eek:

Congrats Maria

MiiMo
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
By the way, did someone that she served once at 181 kph and once again at 182 kph ! Quite impressive for her ... Overall, a stunning performance, she did great today, great shot making, great serve. I just would like to see a bit more of those dropshots she's really able to produce beautifully

For the rest, Keep it up GURL :love:

BlueTrees
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Peng played well in parts but crap for 80% of the time. :(

Steven.
so proud of our girl! glad I got to see that performance. :)

C. Drone
diet day in Mashaīs bakery :awww: still better than 3:1 W:UE ratio :drool:

Peng deserves credit, she was actually hitting real winners. Although no wonder she sucks this year with that footwork.

for me it looked Chatrier plays faster than Lenglen. I would prefer slower conditions, that helps best Mashaīs defense.

jisung
Why people say Pova played well today? It's just Peng gave up any moving, to avoid more injury risk

Anyway, Masha keeps aggressive and positive, while peng ignored her from beginning to end

domon17th
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Overall great performance. Still I think Peng's style with playing double-handed on both sides really hurt her on the clay, especially with regards to her reach. Masha never struggles with these players (Marion etc.) unless she's in her Poova phase. So not exactly unexpected result there.

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Maria will probably lose in SF and you guys know it. :oh:

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
If you follow her 2008 AO run, that is not the case ;)

2007 USO before losing to Radwanska.

Beware. Actually harder first rounds can help Maria to find her groove !

FoWTA
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
I agree with Jisung, i was really hoping she would win anyway..

Vikapower
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM

I fear of that too -- Peng gave some better opposition but all in all she was pretty bad more than half of the time. Didn't have the consistency with her offensive game enough to do any damage unless in sparse periods of time where she showed some flashes of her past.

Peng also seemed to have lost a lot of speed in her game, that was glaring. I remember the match with her and Maria in Indian Wells clearly and Peng movement was way above what she showed today. Her first steps going forward were pretty bad too.

I still want to see her against a player who can pressure her serve and ground-strokes much more efficiently than what her three first opponents have done ; like Petra today also against Bratchikova -- against these kinds of almost none-existent opposition she's swinging freely so will have to wait and see.

Steven.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:44 PM

agree for sure. I'm hoping for Goerges (over Woz/Kanepi) in the QF because they always have tough matches and forces Maria to play well to scrape out a single set, let alone a win.

pokey camp
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM

Not a very good example since Maria was playing in extreme pain there. :o

Still wouldn't be surprised if she lost to Kookie or anyone else at this point. :shrug: And even then I doubt it would have anything do with her breezing through the 1st 3 rounds.

misty1
i would normally agree about these easy first rounds coming back to haunt maria. However she just looks so determined this wekk that i really dont think it will affect her that much. I havent seen her play this well in a long time and she's more than capable of keepng that up over the week.

She wants this slam probably now more than ever and a determined masha like that is scary and going to be extremely hard to stop for anyone

18majors
Maria looks seriously HOT in that dress. Great footwork, lovely beatdown.

Keep it up against upcoming quality opposition please.

I thought Maria's FH was OK, what do you think?

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
agree for sure. I'm hoping for Goerges (over Woz/Kanepi) in the QF because they always have tough matches and forces Maria to play well to scrape out a single set, let alone a win.

yup, Jules always brings it against Maria... the nature of her game is FH dominated and Maria always had a tough time with such players (except Stosur). Moonballniacki would bring nothing to the table at this point, just feeding more moonballs for Pova to tee off

vozas
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
yup, Jules always brings it against Maria... the nature of her game is FH dominated and Maria always had a tough time with such players (except Stosur). Moonballniacki would bring nothing to the table at this point, just feeding more moonballs for Pova to tee off

Goerges has off-days more often than not, and she may not give Maria any rhythm by blasting balls to the stands with that wacky forehand.

I'm hoping for Wozniacki. She'll need to fine-tune the point construction for the inevitable semi against Li Na. I want her to feel comfortable moving her opponent around and Caroline is a great test in that sense.

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM

Goerges wouldn't be good prep :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if she played a complete mess of a match if she gets to the QFs. But even if she doesn't, she's so hit-and-miss that it wouldn't give Maria a chance to get some consistent rhythm going anyway.

I want Wozniacki. Even though she's a serial flop, she does atleast bring a minimum decent level of play and makes Maria really focus on her footwork, and Maria really seems to relish the challenge of playing her these days - I don't think it's any coincidence that her last two matches against Woz, Maria has produced some of her best stuff since her comeback (aside from that bizarre headcasey 5-game stretch in their first set in Miami), she really plays with such purpose and seems so sure of what she has to do when she plays her these days.

*Jean*
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Wow, Masha in destruction mode!

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
I want Woz simply for the fact that she'll get enough balls back to make Masha hit multiple quality shots in a row which is what she'll need to do against Li if they meet in SF.
I think she grooves her into form, not that she needs it at this stage but even Caro theses days is a whole other level compared to the girls so far. If Goerges played like she normally does against Masha it could be a delicious match though. :lick:

She still has to get to the QF, I expect her to beat Klara but even if Masha were to win the next for Slams in a row the ghosts of errorpova would still always haunt be. She's one scary bitch.

Stern
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
never seen a 1st week dominant performance like this. 4 more to go!!
Is Peng a tennis player? so sluggish to be ready for next rally and always hits brainless errors, why she's a seed?

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Goerges will never be a threat for maria, unless it's a boob size competition :oh:

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I thought Maria's FH was OK, what do you think?
It was great, especially CC. She should really start pressuring her opponents into the FH corner more with a powerful FH CC, not per sť an angled one. Either way, it would set up her BH perfectly. But pretty much everything was clicking. If she plays like this she should go far.

I also agree with you guys about wanting Wozniacki in the QF. Zakopalova will already be sporadic enough, we don't want another opponent in the form of Julia not giving Maria any rhythm for two rounds in a row. That would be profitless for her game.

Steven.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
with Wozniacki's form of late? Well I can't say I've seen her matches so far at Paris but prior to this all I see is Woz hitting <10 winners for close to 20 errors in matches at a time.

vozas
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
with Wozniacki's form of late? Well I can't say I've seen her matches so far at Paris but prior to this all I see is Woz hitting <10 winners for close to 20 errors in matches at a time.

I'm watching her for the first time this week right now, against Kanepi.

gmak
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Maria :yeah: :D :rocker:
she was scary good :drool:

3 down, 4 to go :bounce:

MiiMo
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
One match at a time guys. She's up to R4 againt Zakopalova and I don't know why, everytime she plays against her she wins of course, but plays crap... Then, everyobdy is talking about Wozniacki, I'm not even sure she'll make it againt Kanepi which is a bad match up for her. One match at a time and Maria will have anyway to slay all her oppenents in order to clinch the title here wether it's Karolina, Kaia or Miss Gorgeous :D

Vincey!
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
IMpressive stuff from Maria so far :D

Maria Croft
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
That's how you get the job done :bounce:

Stonerpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Babe Ruthless :yeah:

Mashabator
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
you go girl :inlove:

Rockjack
Jun 2nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Maria was sublime! She was like WHACK.....winner! Was there actually a rally in the match? Lol.:lol:

NeoZod19
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Haven't had a chance to watch the match, hopefully someone will update on youtube......
But the result was IMPRESSIVE!!! WELL DONE MARIA!!!:worship::worship::worship:

NeoZod19
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
One match at a time guys. She's up to R4 againt Zakopalova and I don't know why, everytime she plays against her she wins of course, but plays crap... Then, everyobdy is talking about Wozniacki, I'm not even sure she'll make it againt Kanepi which is a bad match up for her. One match at a time and Maria will have anyway to slay all her oppenents in order to clinch the title here wether it's Karolina, Kaia or Miss Gorgeous :D

Second that!!!:yeah:

M-K
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
I'm sooo excited for Maria!! She is playing so amazingly well at the moment, might as well go all the way! :D

treufreund
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Peng's game has zilch variety and certainly not enough power or clay-court prowess to hurt this type of Maria. Maria was outstanding. Peng very average at best.

Sombrerero loco
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
shushu is so OUT atm...

MaBaker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Well done. If anyone I'd want to win RG now, it's Maria.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Masha :yeah:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Unfortunately I can't see anyone beating her. Her first real test will come in the semifinals against Kvitova or Li and they both have severe mental baggage with Pova as of late. They have the game to beat her, but mentally they won't. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

As for who she plays in the final, I can't see anyone in the top half troubling Pova. Kuznetsova is so streaky and her serve has regressed so much over the years that Sharapova will tee off on everything easily. Hopefully Azarenka can play her like she did at Rome last she, but Azarenka hasn't looked great at all this year at RG.

Also, Peng is terrible now. Remember when she beat Clijsters at San Diego in 2005, Clijsters' only loss on American hardcourts. She played stunning tennis that day. Opening the court with angles and lazer like shots down the line. Today she was horrible, especially her movement. Running aroud to hit a forehand when Sharapova drills a shot deep in the middle :tape:

FoWTA
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
You in the beginning of the match i almost thought Peng was going to be double bagalled for a while....scary.

cn ireland
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Maria has been ruthless so far:D!!

rucolo
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Well done, Maria! :cheer:

Peng was no competition for her. But Li in SF will be tough :unsure:

Andy.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Thats how its done. Nice and business like with no fuss. Well done Masha. Good luck next round.

UDACHi
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:39 AM
dazzling stats from claygoat. :hearts: i like klara a lot but maria will do the same to her. hope she stays locked in crazy psycho mode the whole tournament. :)

UDACHi
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:43 AM

ao 2008. :hearts:

Pops Maellard
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:45 AM
This is how you peak at the right event :bigclap:.

SymphonyX
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Has anyone realized that Maria actually BROUGHT her mother with her to Europe? I don't remember her having her mother around with her before. I haven't seen Yelena in her matches, but she says she's with her in Europe this time around.

Probably one of the biggest differences for Pova being a lot more ruthless than usual.

P.S. This is feeling a lot like AO 2008. She steamrolled everyone in her way. :facepalm: But her mother wasn't with her then.

TennisAddict84
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:59 AM
Unfortunately I can't see anyone beating her. Her first real test will come in the semifinals against Kvitova or Li and they both have severe mental baggage with Pova as of late. They have the game to beat her, but mentally they won't. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

As for who she plays in the final, I can't see anyone in the top half troubling Pova. Kuznetsova is so streaky and her serve has regressed so much over the years that Sharapova will tee off on everything easily. Hopefully Azarenka can play her like she did at Rome last she, but Azarenka hasn't looked great at all this year at RG.

Also, Peng is terrible now. Remember when she beat Clijsters at San Diego in 2005, Clijsters' only loss on American hardcourts. She played stunning tennis that day. Opening the court with angles and lazer like shots down the line. Today she was horrible, especially her movement. Running aroud to hit a forehand when Sharapova drills a shot deep in the middle :tape:

I think Kanepi will be a test for her if they both make it to the QF. Besides Kanepi choking today against Woz, I thought she moved well on the clay today and displayed a nice all around game.

Expat
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Why does this remind me of Safina FO09 run? :bigcry:

Steven.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
Why does this remind me of Safina FO09 run? :bigcry:

omg girl it reminds me of both Maria's US06 victory and Safina's RG09 failure. I don't know what to expect...

Queenpova
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Q. I know you can only play who is in front of you and players never look at the draw, but no Kirilenko, Serena is not in your quarter anymore. Do you feel like the draw is sort of breaking your way, as well?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I donít look at it that way. I never have, and like I said before, I donít think itís the right way to look at things to see somebody lose and say, Oh, well, now the draw is open or itís not, or, They won, itís going to be tough.

:spit: wtf?

jameshazza
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
To be fair Kiri always plays Masha tough. In Indian Wells/Miami she pulled aces and winners out of thin air.

Navratil
Jun 4th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Her "toughest" match so far ;)

5 games lost to Round 4. And she won't lose much more up to the semi-final.