PDA

View Full Version : RG 3R: [7] NaNa Li Bulldozed American Wall Christina Mchale 36 62 61

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
NaNa thanks for taking a few years off of my life :awww:

for the people complaining Na not hitting enough winners it is because Christina ran EVERYTHING down, including shots that would be winners against every other SEWTA player except Agnieska and Karolina :hysteric:

LCS
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
So defensive NA-MUG :lol: :hug:

azinna
Love Na Li's ability to adjust and (gasp) calmly construct advantageous points.

GoofyDuck
Mchale's gameplan was right when Na-Mug was on the court. but when Na played better Mchale's pushing was not so smart anymore.

Na's Fh was pretty good today :D

Get rid of the lapses please :cheer:

RenaSlam.
Li is not winning this title.

McFail's backhand was AWOL pretty much the entire match.

BlueTrees
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Li played pretty good last two sets :yeah:

Christina :awww:

WowWow
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
bulldozed her? :spit:

Kon.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Na :cheer:
Many errors at some points but when she stepped it up there was no chance for McHale.

njnetswill
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Na is such a confidence player and this match exemplified that. When she's feeling down or unsure of herself she can barely get the ball in play but when she's feeling more comfortable the level of her game rises to SuperNa level.

The key for Na is to be able to play an effective transition game and move forward to finish off points. When she's on it is a delight to watch her smack winners but when she's off it results in some of the ugliest botched volleys, overheads, and approach shots. :help:

misty1
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
disaster averted

she was awful in the first set but stepped it up in sets 2 and 3 and christina had no answers

it-girl
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Once Li made the adjustments it was over for Mchale. Li is looking very good. She started striking the ball really well and had more consistency which is a great sign going forward.

BH both wings
Great defense by McHale, I lost count how many winner-shots of Li she still brought back and put them precisely on Li's baseline. Pretty fun to see how one-dimensional Li was completely lost with a player she couldn't outhit, but who isn't weaponless either.

However, impressed with Li's response! She shifted her grip, put in some top-spin, brushed of the dust of her rally building abilities and went for wrong-footing McHale! Li Na has a brain? Well, you'll need it next round against Shvedova for sure ...

Boxuan
Where's my choking queen? Where did she pick up the ability of bringing up a plan B, and implement it perfectly? :worship:

vevenyin
SuperNa comes out and defeat ErrorNa,God bless:lick:

aloeball
I think it was an amazaing last two sets by Li. Very patient play but also hitting aggresively and winners as well - albeit against a semi-pusher.

McHale ran everything down but outta steam in the third.

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
McHale's game is really suited to the clay in Paris. She runs down a lot of balls and her average rally shot is quite heavy.

And her service motion is great, first serve packs a good punch.

LUVMIRZA
Well done LiNa...building steam for her SF match vs BB:cheer::cheer:

Libertango
Phewwwwww.

Pasta-Na
This match might help her mental strength. :p

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Still haven't forgiven her for Rome though. :smash:

DragonFlame
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thank god. Abysmal first set, but she ripped her apart on her own strength. She so would have lost this match 1-2 months ago.:o
With this win she'll virtually stay in the top10 for now. If dominika loses she'll likely be top10 still after RG.

Needs to improve:

-Serve%, not serving well. The % need to go up by at least 10-15%.
-The variety, i'm seeing less attempts at volleys from her compared to last year. She's not a bad volleyer at all.
-Just overall level of play.

Good things:

-Was a set down playing shit, but got it together mentally.
-Found her consistency after playing shit for a set.
-Closed it out with no letdown.
-She's hitting her drive volleys well.
-Dealt well with balls with less spin and was quick at changing defense to offense. (which she'll need if she gets to Petra)

KEEP GOING! :bounce:

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM

:facepalm: Shouldn't you be in mourning elsewhere? :lol:

BH both wings
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Great choice strategically by Li to put her really bad set in slot 1, this way she had her acceptable and her good set left in the quiver and was unable to choke ...

LUVMIRZA

She'll have her revenge here:drool:

Pasta-Na

She said she rushed for her shots a bit when she knew it's going to rain. And she didn't expect she still needed to play under the rain. She said she learned a lesson to play under the rain.

Big_Banana
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
still a laughable 1st set though.

stromatolite
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Nicely done NaNa!:yeah: Only saw a bit of the first set and most of the last: complete contrast. She looked seriously out of sorts at the start, but by the end she was playing some awesome tennis. Great shotmaking and point construction.:worship: Definitely a serious contender to defend her title. Go Na!

Smitten
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
McHale is so local. Taking shots late, grinding behind the baseline, doing nothing. Her man face and mustache really attracts stans on here.

Good to see Na having enough dignity not to lose to this joke. And McHale is no one clay player.

chingching
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Na was really off until 2-1* final set. I know 2nd set was 6-2 but Mchale really should have won that set. Li could not make a first serve but her seconds were good :)
She would have to be the favourite for the semis out of her, Kviotva, Lepchenko and Shvedova :lol:

hpme
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
:bounce: One step closer to the Final!

Vikapower
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
McHale stroke the fastest serve of the match at 181km/h and her average first speed is higher than Li, didn't realize her serve had all that potential. :eek: She really needs to be more clutch though.

Li isn't winning RG but the Petra/Li side is so scrubish that they'll definitively clash in the SF.

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
McHale is so local. Taking shots late, grinding behind the baseline, doing nothing. Her man face and mustache really attracts stans on here.

Good to see Na having enough dignity not to lose to this joke. And McHale is no one clay player.

:haha:
Anyway, McFail living up to her nickname by botching numerous chances to break chinese in the second set and then faltering in the last set.

jisung
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
In the last match I saw Xtina, I think she is not a real pusher, but today she is so boring to push every ball back, and the moonballs are just disgusting.

Happy to see Na can shift her mind down to overcame the push :)

WeiWei
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
McHale's defense was just so good in the first set and Na made so many UEs at that set. Anyway, this will definitely help Na a lot in the following matches.

Raiden
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Bulldozed??????????? Get outta here.

McHale was halfway from turning Li to a:

http://www.imperialchinese.com/imgs/Peking_Duck-chinese-food.jpg

WF4EVER
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Pretty awful first set from Li and she still won three games; she couldn't keep the bloody ball in the court. The last two sets showed what happens when she has her shit together.

smiletime
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Christina was impressive in this match, I always think she is a rising tennis star.
NA LI was patient in this match, and did a goodjob in the third set.
Good luck NA!

Alwaysfan
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
I hate you LI
Yes, i really hate you

:)

JoPova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
I managed to watch just the final set and Na was playing really well. She definitely has a chance to defend her title!

JN
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Na Na Na Na Na! :yeah:

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Na :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
McHale has a huge potential :yeah:

Stern
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
what? Na is not that good, even had problem to be in semi. Now no one is going stop sharapova from winning the title

Stonerpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Bulldozed my ass :rolls:

simonsaystennis
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Christina :sad: Still a good week!

Bayo
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Christina definitely hits the ball heavy. I enjoy watching her.

But for the time being I'm rooting for Na to repeat. :cheer:

matty
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:47 PM

Nobody cares what you think of McHale's face. Post a picture of yourself and a video of you PLAYING TENNIS, then we will see if you should be talking smack like that.

Brena
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
SuperNa comes out and defeat ErrorNa,God bless:lick:

Phew. Stay with us some more, SuperNa.

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Nobody cares what you think of McHale's face. Post a picture of yourself and a video of you PLAYING TENNIS, then we will see if you should be talking smack like that.

:haha:

Charlatan
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
good to see na regrouping herself and coming back from the 2nd set...but gosh, mchale chased down almost every ball...her serves have got great potential too...so :hug:

donellcarey
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Nice fight, Xtina:hug:

Well done NaNa.

vozas
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
What do you mean bulldoze? :spit: she lost the first set :lol::lol:

Vuvurenka
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
NA-MUG will be the primary cause of Na's downfall :lol:

Na :hug:

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
I meant bulldoze because I made a WWW thread between Great Wall of China and American Wall :shrug:

longtin23
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Christina did well in the first set and a half, running down every ball to give Na an opportunity to hit a UE, serving well so as to let her win the in the third stroke...

Na's 42 service game is a turning point, she blew 40-0 to 40-adv, but she hit two drive volley succefully to hold serve, then she just won it with those drop shots... But please cut those UEs or let your opponent attack you so you can chase those balls to get more motivation.

I actually like the fact that she was one set down, thus she played very focus, no choke and win comfortably in the last two sets

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Thank god. I thought she wouldn't recover from that mess.

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Congrats Na! Closer to that second title in a row! :rocker2:

Xteena :hug: Proved the haters wrong this week! :smooch:

Beat
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM

:yeah:

*Jean*
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
XTina :sad:

Sombrerero loco
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
christina plays really GREAT tennis :drool: i like her

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Gotta congrat Na on a very smartly played last 2 sets :yeah:

X-Tina :hug: Still a very successfull run with scalping her first ever FO wins :bounce:

Berlin_Calling
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
NaNa :D

Christina :hug:

Israel
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
Christina's shots can be very effective but they're very shaky at times too.
Li played great in the last two sets really and saved 3 important BPs at 4-2 in the 2nd set.

Traitor
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Na Li got lucky. McHale wasn't physical enough to keep it up in set 2&3

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:28 PM
Na Li got lucky. McHale wasn't physical enough to keep it up in set 2&3

oh yeah ... Na was lucky that a 20 year old in the prime of her career got tired against a 30 year old grandma :lol:

Spring Pools
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:25 AM
I saw the final set, and Li was showing excellent point construction and variety. Loved to see her drops got and lob Christina

Dan_Doe
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:43 AM
Christina played so nice in the first set, I really thought she can pull out the victory, but than her game fell apart.

Big_Banana
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
^or Na raised her.

still a laughable 1st set though.