PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon semifinalist Queen Aggie to play in Palermo after Wimbledon

tenisboss
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Aga heads the list. Her rivals in this tournament will be Vinci, Kanepi, Errani, Goerges and Medina Garrigues. I think she will withdraw, because she finally made her first Grand Slam SF.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
pathetic :facepalm:

A-Bond
Aga heads the list. Her rivals in this tournament will be Vinci, Kanepi, Errani, Goerges and Medina Garrigues. Our vulture found emergency solution for loss in 1st week of The Championships.

I think she is a TOP 10 journeywoman of the year like Wozniacki in 2011 and 2010...

Goerges and Kanepi?? They're really going for the MMs. The rest isn't a surprise.

joão.
She is really working for that Slamless #1, isn't she?

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
WTA's joke.

She is really working for that Slam SFless #1, isn't she?

fixed

Ferg
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
:facepalm:

NA-GOAT
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
it looks like a tough field actually :tape:

RenaSlam.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Headed for burnout city. :wavey: Aga

Excelscior
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I wonder how she feels, and if she's aware that she's well known in some circles as "The Vulture?"

deliverance.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
No Stanford? :lol:

Fantasy Hero
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
well i don't see it as a surprise, if she wants to do well at olympics, she isn't flying to US just to come back to London soon, i think this summer US tournaments will be soooo random :lol:

Miracle Worker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
^ No, she stays in Europe between Wimbledons.

I hope she won't play in New Haven.

Gilas.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Well there is a couple of weeks off between Wimby but still Agnieszka :weirdo:
And she entered New Haven too :facepalm:

Djezonfly
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Sara might not win another MM then :sad:

marineblue
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm thinking what face would Azarenka pull if she got toppled off the no.1 post by Radwanska. Oh my:lol:

Miracle Worker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Well there is a couple of weeks off between Wimby but still Agnieszka :weirdo:
And she entered New Haven too :facepalm:

She said few weeks ago she will play somewhere in Europe after Wimbledon.

New Haven :weirdo: Caroline's path to #1 will be followed by dozens of players now :o

Marcus1979
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
I am suprised she doesn't play multiple events in same week :lol:

Gilas.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Okay upon rechecking the calendar it seems Aga wants to play an event after Wimby coz (a) she doesn't want to travel to America and then back (b) she needs some points to compensate for the 600pts she'll lose from Stanford/San Diego last year. But why not just enter Bastad so she can have 1 more week rest after Wimby and then 1 more week to prepare for the Olympics? Or don't play at all and use the time to train at home like she did last year? Only she knows.

$uricate
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
^ No, she stays in Europe between Wimbledons.

I hope she won't play in New Haven.

She has to!

It's the vulture slam.

She just has to :sobbing:

JustPetko
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Queen Vulture at her peak! :worship:

FleetSeb
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
What's really funny is that when Aga was ranked in that 8-15 area, as she was for like 3 years, she pretty much never played internationals and nearly only played the biggest tournaments which is why she had that really long title drought, because she couldn't beat the top players and refused to vulture the minors.

C. Drone
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Okay upon rechecking the calendar it seems Aga wants to play an event after Wimby coz (a) she doesn't want to travel to America and then back (b) she needs some points to compensate for the 600pts she'll lose from Stanford/San Diego last year. But why not just enter Bastad so she can have 1 more week rest after Wimby and then 1 more week to prepare for the Olympics? Or don't play at all and use the time to train at home like she did last year? Only she knows.

she would only lose 270pts not playing anything. Even if wins an MM like Palermo, only gaines 80pts.

anyway, so many mean ppl here. She just loves her fans and wants to show her tennis them. :hug:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
:rolls:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
she would only lose 270pts not playing anything. Even if wins an MM like Palermo, only gaines 80pts.

anyway, so many mean ppl here. She just loves her fans and wants to show her tennis them. :hug:

Even if a Palermo title won't pay off in ranking points immediately, she's (probably wisely) anticipating that her run of success is going to peter out in a few months just like Wozniacki when players figure out how to beat her, and so she's trying to build up as big a firewall as possible to stop her sliding down the rankings when her big-tournament points start coming off.

Gilas.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM

Really? That's good :bounce:. So I guess we should put in good faith that she only wants match play, and that yes, she wants to share her WTA Fan Favourite self in all her glory to her Italian fans since she spent little time in Rome this year:hearts:

Ferg
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
dsanders, I just noticed your sig... wtf :rolls:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Vultureszka at her peak. :worship:

olivero
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:46 PM
OMG so what?
Top 10 player playing international event. Big deal. It's definitely better than doing UK-US-UK-US trip

What's really funny is that when Aga was ranked in that 8-15 area, as she was for like 3 years, she pretty much never played internationals and nearly only played the biggest tournaments which is why she had that really long title drought, because she couldn't beat the top players and refused to vulture the minors.

And yet she was called MMs Queen for a very long time, even though she barely gained her rank points in those events. People here are just obsessed with criticising Agnieszka for basically everything she does.

C. Drone
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Even if a Palermo title won't pay off in ranking points immediately, she's (probably wisely) anticipating that her run of success is going to peter out in a few months just like Wozniacki when players figure out how to beat her, and so she's trying to build up as big a firewall as possible to stop her sliding down the rankings when her big-tournament points start coming off.

then it would be smarter doing Stanford/Carlsbad. More points, depleted field, and Olympics is overrated anyway. :shrug:

Jane Lane
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
:hysteric:

fede33
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
seriously is playing this shit? :lol::o
I would have liked Stanford / Carlsbad :hearts:

Miracle Worker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
then it would be smarter doing Stanford/Carlsbad. More points, depleted field, and Olympics is overrated anyway. :shrug:

Olympics are overrated but somehow 99,9% of players want to play Olympics. And if Olympics are overrated why Agnieszka wants to play 2nd Wimbledon?

GeeTee
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
So what would "The Vulture Slam" consist of???

* Auckland
* Copenhagen
* Palermo
* Tashkent

Maybe Guangzhou as the 'Fifth Slam'?? :shrug:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM

* Auckland
* Copenhagen
* Palermo
* Tashkent

We would need a grass tournament as well but unfortunately Newport is ATP only event. :sobbing:

Jane Lane
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:59 PM

* Auckland
* Copenhagen
* Palermo
* Tashkent

Copenhagen, Bastad, Brussels, New Haven. This is the TRUE Vulture Slam.

Baku, Palermo and Tashkent could never.

RIP Marbella :sobbing:

LCS
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Not even Wozniacki would go to such drastic measures :haha:

C. Drone
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Olympics are overrated but somehow 99,9% of players want to play Olympics. And if Olympics are overrated why Agnieszka wants to play 2nd Wimbledon?

Its just my opinion. :shrug:

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
It certainly makes more sense to play these Euro clay events to stay match fit than to travel to the US West Coast between Wimbledon and Olympics. If you want to know, who doesn´t play Olympics you can probably look at Stanford entry list aka Czech-Russian-Oudin festival. :lol:

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
:spit:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
If you want to know, who doesn´t play Olympics you can probably look at Stanford entry list aka Czech-Russian-Oudin-Bartoli festival. :lol:

fixed :oh:

M.P
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
top 10 requirement,
one MM in each first half and bottom half year

pedropt
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
You go girl :rocker2:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
The truth is Agnieszka wanted to play European MM in order to stay match fit between Wimbledon and OG. I think she won't go to Bastad as the organizers of Bastad would rather prefer Wozniacki to play there.

bavaria86
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
top 10 requirement,
one MM in each first half and bottom half year

That's not a requirement. The requirement is that you play no more than 2 MMs per half season.

And I'd say that it would make sense for Aga to stay in Europe to play a tournament between WI and OG but because of the fact that Palermo is played on CLAY it is a bit ridiculous to play there between two big tourneys that are on GRASS.

Ferg
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
The truth is Agnieszka wanted to play European MM in order to stay match fit between Wimbledon and OG. I think she won't go to Bastad as the organizers of Bastad would rather prefer Wozniacki to play there.

I dont think its so much that she wants to play an MM before the Olympics thats bothering people.. its the fact shes playing one on clay :tape:

JoPova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Radwanska is probably scared of losing positions later in the season when she has Tokyo and Beijing titles to defend! That's why she is playing every possible tournament she can find!

bavaria86
so Agasport is showing Palermo?:lol:

Mynarco
Wozniacki might say, "Even I won't be that desperate"

cescsas
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
No wonder she lost so early at RG. She'll have nothing left by the US Open that's a guarentee.

NA-GOAT
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
I don't understand why Aga is playing her maximum of 2 MM this year when she played almost no MM before :tape:

bavaria86
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
I don't understand why Aga is playing her maximum of 2 MM this year when she played almost no MM before :tape:
whoring for easy points:oh:

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
I dont think its so much that she wants to play an MM before the Olympics thats bothering people.. its the fact shes playing one on clay :tape:

It´s difficult to play matches on grass, when there are no grass events between Wimbledon and the Olympics. :silly: If a 75k ITF like Nottingham had pushed their event back five weeks they´d probably have a Premier Mandatory field. :lol:

Temperenka
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
She'll regret this when she burns out or gets injured.

davidmario
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
when will she start entering 10Ks ? :help:

sweetkit
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
How come this irrelevant news makes a thread? I mean, why would anyone care? Beats me :confused:

Charlatan
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
sky is blue and water is wet!

this is why some of her stans need to seal their mouths when people speak the truth about Queen Vulture being the Queen Vulture

Tenis Srbija
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
She'll regret this when she burns out or gets injured.

+ she's taped almost in every single match this year :facepalm:

Miss Vulture :yeah:
http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201206/5420/internet-troll-art-of-trolling-your-town-usa.gif?1338563741

C2S
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
How come all the regular Radwanska' haters became so very concerned about her health and physical form just before Olympics ? :lol:

Ferg
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
It´s difficult to play matches on grass, when there are no grass events between Wimbledon and the Olympics. :silly: If a 75k ITF like Nottingham had pushed their event back five weeks they´d probably have a Premier Mandatory field. :lol:

They why doesnt she just stay put and practice on grass? Wheres the sense in preparing for a month of grass season, then flying to Italy to play a CLAY tournament, then coming back to prepare for grass again? Its just crazy.

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
They why doesnt she just stay put and practice on grass?

Well, of course it is also possible, maybe, as unfortunate as it is as it's on clay, that she wants to do her job which includes playing tournaments and making money to pay her coach and entourage and gain ranking points. Just a possibility, though.

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Caro just signed in aswell :oh:

Gilas.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM

Real BFFs :hearts: Maybe Angie and Ula will play as well :bounce:

vozas
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Gainsy/tumblr_lh4znpp2G31qzjix8.gif

saul1333
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Line em up!!

Charlatan
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM

Real BFFs :hearts: Maybe Angie and Ula will play as well :bounce:

:rolls:

Sombrerero loco
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
nice move just in case she faces cetkovska again in wimbledon :lol:

Ferg
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Well, of course it is also possible, maybe, as unfortunate as it is as it's on clay, that she wants to do her job which includes playing tournaments and making money to pay her coach and entourage and gain ranking points. Just a possibility, though.

Oh look, Matt agreeing with everything a pusher does, what a surprise.

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Oh look, Matt agreeing with everything a pusher does, what a surprise.

I didn't.

Patrick345
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
They why doesnt she just stay put and practice on grass? Wheres the sense in preparing for a month of grass season, then flying to Italy to play a CLAY tournament, then coming back to prepare for grass again? Its just crazy.

Long ass time (four weeks) between Wimbledon Quarterfinal (Radwanska´s natural Slam barrier) and the Olympics. ;)

Maria rocks
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Wozniacki in disguise she is.

slamchamp
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:23 PM
what does vulture mean?:scratch:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:26 PM
ask Cornswandt

MrJovani2293
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:39 PM
I think it is okay. She can play an easy event and collect a few points and then play the OG and then off to Canada or the US. Rather then leave go to California (15 hour flight plus 9 hour difference) play a Premier Event for a full week, fly to London again ( 15 hour and time change) and then back again!

NA-GOAT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:39 AM
How come this irrelevant news makes a thread? I mean, why would anyone care? Beats me :confused:

because as world #3 she should not be slumping to this MM :o

MrJovani2293
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
because as world #3 she should not be slumping to this MM :o
Three Words!
Azarenka!
2011!
Luxenbourg!

Sam L
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:34 AM
What a vulture. :o

winnermax
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:44 AM
Obviously she aims to become NO.1:haha:

Wiggly
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
She has no pride.

Nicolás89
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:55 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2ikz91w.jpg

Drake1980
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
You guys do know that it's her job to play tennis right? Why would you make fun of someone for doing their job?

adner
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:23 AM
You guys do know that it's her job to play tennis right? Why would you make fun of someone for doing their job?

No, everyone should be like Serena: play only the bigger events and peak at GS... oh, wait :oh:

LUVMIRZA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
what does vulture mean?:scratch:

Agatha u silly

Just Do It
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Oh no, Errani wont be able to win another MM :(

IVI
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Poor Dramabel :sad:

Mynarco
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Poor Sara/Vinci/Pennetta/Dramabel...

Sombrerero loco
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
cetkovska not in palermo, right? :unsure:

Miracle Worker
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Oh no, Errani wont be able to win another MM :(

Errani will play QF in Paris, so she's not so desperate to win another MM :oh:

Sombrerero loco
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Three Words!
Azarenka!
2011!
Luxenbourg!

this :o

Matt01
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Luxemburg was a much better tournament than Palermo with a much better field :lol:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
And so? :shrug: That was still MM.

tenisboss
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Luxemburg was a much better tournament than Palermo with a much better field :lol:

Not much, but it was better. For the moment Last Seed in Palermo is 44 in WTA, and last in 91. In Luxembourg last seed was Hantuchova(22) and last in was Tatishvili(85).

Drake1980
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Errani will play QF in Paris, so she's not so desperate to win another MM :oh:

you know people are so pressed :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Three Words!
Azarenka!
2011!
Luxenbourg!

big diff
that was week before YEC on similar surface

Palermo is on clay after Wimbledon and before Olympics on grass

Drake1980
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Why do you guys feel it necessary to make fun of her for playing where she wants? :shrug:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
big diff
that was week before YEC on similar surface

Palermo is on clay after Wimbledon and before Olympics on grass

Yeah, Luxembourg fast hardcourt was very similar to slow ass Istanbul YEC court. :spit:

Anyway, it's not about the surface. Agnieszka said that such a long break is not good for her. She needs to be "hot" before Olympics.

NashaMasha
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
the sooner she starts to lose at MM's , the quicker she will disappear from top 5

NA-GOAT
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Palermo is setting up to be a GOAT tournament with Errani and Radwanska - 2 top 10 players :bounce:

NA-GOAT
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I wonder how she feels, and if she's aware that she's well known in some circles as "The Vulture?"

yeah I am sure Aga cares how she is known in the "TF circle" :lol:

Caipirinha Guy
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Don't worry. Aga only uses facebook when she's online. Hasn't even tweeted for a year on twitter. :bigwave:

Tenis Srbija
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Not much, but it was better. For the moment Last Seed in Palermo is 44 in WTA, and last in 91. In Luxembourg last seed was Hantuchova(22) and last in was Tatishvili(85).

How is that "NOT MUCH BETTER"?!?!?!!?!?! Oh, if you wanted to say that it's not MUCH better but MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better then ok :yeah:

P.S. Vulture Aga, vultureeeeee!
http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201206/5759/gif.gif?1339154944

Lulu.
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Anything less than a title wouldn't be good.

Madoka
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:47 PM
omg, i was seriously thinking of going to Palermo :tape:

but i dont wanne run the risk of seeing her playing.

NA-GOAT
Jun 25th, 2012, 12:54 AM
omg, i was seriously thinking of going to Palermo :tape:

but i dont wanne run the risk of seeing her playing.

you can always avoid Center Court when she is on court and just stalk Camila on the outside court :p

edificio
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:04 AM
If I had the money, I'd go to Palermo for this tournament. Too bad I don't have any money. :sad:

Vincey!
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Why would she wanna play a MM on clay just before the Olympic/USA hard court summer season! Moreover, she sucks on clay :lol: I don't think she's going to win this so it's really a waste. I guess she doesn't wanna go to the USA before the Olympics, but still wanna play some matches...don't think it will help her anyway. Bad decision.

Lachy
Jun 25th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Wow. I kinda get she wants to keep match-fit in that break but playing a clay-tournament in between two grass events? What in the actual fck? The two surfaces are completely different :tape: A hardcourt event in between would have been much better.

Rest Maria!
Jun 25th, 2012, 07:11 AM

you can always avoid Center Court when she is on court and just stalk Camila on the outside court :p

3 weeks later, you're still so butthurt about Aga's decision you felt a need to bump this thread? Aga has some really dedicated haters. :yeah:

NA-GOAT
Jul 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
it will be interesting to see if she still shows up in Palermo :oh:

Italian power
Jul 4th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I think that she'll withdraw

aguy9797
Jul 4th, 2012, 01:25 AM
isn't Palermo on clay?

Italian power
Jul 4th, 2012, 01:27 AM
isn't Palermo on clay?