PDA

View Full Version : RG R3: Kvitova def. Bratchikova 62 46 61

Mynarco
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Phew. A good set from Bratchikova in the 2nd set, exposing Kvitova's BAD movement and staying solid for the whole set. At the end Kvitova raised her game and Bratchikova couldn't maintain her level and the results went to Kvitova's favour

A good wake-up call for Kvitova I guess :shrug: it'll be more and more difficult from now on (Schiavone next probably)
at least last year's points defended

Raiden
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Petra's next match could be easier than this.

Beat
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
yes, kvitova plays a high-risk game, so UE's are natural. but so many of them she hits from a prefect position, without any need, and it's not a pretty sight. i really hope she gets this under control.

Fantasy Hero
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
a mediocre Bratchiko can still troubles Petra :unsure: i know that with Kvitova you never know as she can step and play GOAT now on, but half of the losers of this round would have finished her in a fast fashion :shrug:

ElusiveChanteuse
Thank god. Was a little worried when she lost secnd set.:cheer:
Keep going Petra.:cheer:

MarkNL
Bratchikova seems to be a really nice person, I've started to like her :)

Well done, taking a set of Kvitova :)

M.S.F
Nina was so good for the most part.
If she only won those break points in the third set :oh:

Vaidisova
Petra :)

aussietennisfan
Far from convincing. Although I like Kvitova, she isn't living up to her ranking.

ElusiveChanteuse
Fran possibly next.:scared:

Tennis Fool
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Petra is so not winning this tournament.

Nina is playing her best tennis this year. Third round, Wimbledon? She's got an interview in the "Getting To Know" section of the WTA tennis website. A real smarty.

Vikapower
Well, the opposition has drastically arisen from Barty and Ula to Bratchikova who really played and awesome match -- glad to see Petra answered the test, some luck factored for her 15-40 early in the second and the scenario could have been totally different had she been broken there --

Yeah, Petra's overall movement on clay is really not terrific.

I don't really thrust her against Schiavone but I'm not really certain this match will be a steam-rolling for Petra.

NashaMasha
http://allthingsd.com/files/2011/11/double_facepalm.png

nothing to add.... Petra was moving like and old elephant on clay

saul1333
Good stuff :yeah:

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Embarrassing from Flukova.

LenaDMania0003
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Petra :( please raise your level in next round

iPatty
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Well...that happened.

At least she was tested (by herself) and got through it. :shrug:

Sonja1989
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Don't worry Petra, Wimbledon is almost here.

medved
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
petra only plays in two modes: pure genius or error-machine. nothing in between. this was not as easy as she expected, i guess. she was able to prevail today, but will have to improve a lot for next round/rounds. still, contgrats!
also, credit to nina - today it was the first time i saw her playing. a good-looking lady with some good tennis potential :-)

The Daviator
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Keep going Petra :yeah: As long as she's still in, she has a chance.

*Jean*
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Nina :sad: :hug: but great fighting spirit, as always.

gorre
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
http://allthingsd.com/files/2011/11/double_facepalm.png

nothing to add.... Petra was moving like and old elephant on clay

:rolleyes:

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Petra :o.

Dan_Doe
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
How could she lose a set to Bratchikova? :facepalm:

Corswandt
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Bratchikova of the fearsome glutes plays the sort of power pushing that can give Ludmila the fits - usually hits a really big ball with rather conservative placement, a bit like Petkorazzi. Fortunately for Ludmila, she doesn't have much of a serve and Ludmila only struggled to break her during her mental walkabouts.

Ludmila's serve, never that effective on old skool red clay due to lack of raw km/h, was up and down and she was forced to mix it up a lot as the match went along. ROS was also up and down, and there were a couple of games in which Ludmila just tried to get the ball back in, with comical results (soft balls for Bratchikova to whack away). Played perhaps her very best when it didn't matter as her second set remontada was doomed to failure anyway.

Bratchikova seemed to run out of gas early in the third, and her mini-comeback from 0-3 down probably took what energy she had left.

Ludmila is doing nothing but taking advantage of yet another joke of a draw. Her days of GOATdom already seem like a distant memory.

Miracle Worker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
I know that win is win, but this :facepalm:

ivanban
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Fran possibly next.:scared:

:o JINX

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Petra :cheer: Good luck next round and do better. :smash:

aloeball
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Kvitova showing brillance at times and diastrous errors during others. Her movement is quite laboured still.

But I'm glad she has the second set scare. Hopefully it'll wake her up.

marineblue
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
It will surely wake up her competition.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Petra:lol: She wont be reaching semis as Na's getting fired up now.

Corswandt
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Forgot

http://i2.listal.com/image/2986894/600full-marcel-proust.jpg

Those directional microphones they use at RG capture the sound of the racquets hitting the ball with near perfection, and when Ludmila was timing her BH well it sounded like a rifle shot. Astounding. It's such a shame that her BH becomes so useless once her footwork goes away. :sad:

Excelscior
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Mmmmhh.

Easy first and third set, then Petra seemed to lose the plot in the 2nd. Looks like she lost her feel (besides the dodgy 1st and 2nd serves in that set), more so than anything?

Certainly not as clean as her first two matches, where she competed, moved/anticipated, struck and served the ball better through out (though she continued to display that nice touch on her drop shots). But she can add more backhand slices (she actually had a nice forehand slice winner in the match), top spin-angled shots, depth and more transition game/volleys, as she did previously. And clean up those DF's (7 today). SMH.

Credit, her opponent Bratchikova, who wasn't lying down and came to play. She had a nice first serve, and some hard ground strokes, but you can tell she was a determined, potentially troublesome, but nonetheless club level player any clean hitting or focused top 10er would beat pretty routinely. Congrats to her for making it this far.

Hopefully, the 2nd set was just a minor blip on the radar for Ms. Petra Ka-vee-to-vah? She won, right!? :shrug:

Onward to Lepchenko!