PDA

View Full Version : Can Angie Make Roland Garros Final?

chingching
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:24 AM
If Cibulkova can get past Azarenka, and beats Stosur, the opportunity is there.

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:31 AM
If she has a great run and plays well, provided Vika/Sam are below usual standard its a possibility. I think she'll make the SF though.

pav
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Be good:)

champion88
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:33 AM
No reason why she can't make SF and then who knows?!

Stonerpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:59 AM
I mean she's still in the tournament, and it's the WTA. So yes.

jonny84
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
It is the French Open too - how funny that would be, particularly as it was noted that clay isn't Kerber's best surface.....would add to the surprise winners from the last few years - and she is hardly defending anything until Dallas before the US Open, so her ranking should only rocket too!

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
nope, not happening

AnomyBC
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
If Cibulkova can get past Azarenka, and beats Stosur, the opportunity is there.

If Domi beats Azarenka and Stosur and then loses to Kerber I will cry :sad:

C. Drone
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
1st quarter winner (Azarenka, Stosur) has way bigger chance.

flareon
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
maybe anything is possible, She beat flavia because flavia does not have the weight of shot, someone like Kuznetsova and stosur do, I have a feeling they can hit her off the court.

zigga
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
I don't think so.

M.P
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Kuznetsova should take care of Kerber

Miracle Worker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
No :oh: Too much optimism here, she needs antijinx.

MercuriePL
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
i Think SF will be Sexlana vs Cibulkova...

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Definitely likely but chances are 50:50

Sonja1989
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
She is unlucky with Azarenka but if she wins, why not. Then everything would seem possible IMO.

tkutsaar
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
It would be an major upset if she does not get by Martic and she would be favored against either Kuznetsova or Errani. So the semi-finals is a reasonable and likely expectation. Apparently the OP believes then that the only way Angie can get to the final is if Cibulkova pulls the double upset of defeating both Azarenka and Stosur. Aside from the highly unlikelihood of such results, I would not rate Angies’s chances against either Azarenka or Stosur as impossible. In fact considering how well she has been playing since US Open one cannot say she has no chance against either one of them. Since the question is “can” she reach the finals as opposed to “will” she reach the finals the answer has to be unequivocally yes and that is the correct answer even if in fact she does not make it.

serendipitynow
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Maybe another slam semifinal match against Stosur.. :hearts:

and winning it this time.. ;)

TennisFan66
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Definitely likely but chances are 50:50

Not really. More like 10:90 and 5:95 of actually winning it.

Personally, I've been a little bit disappointed with Angie so far. Granted, a good fight has kept her alive, but imho it has been far from convincing. She's been standing too far back, allowed herself to be bossed around and serving has been unconvincing. Suppose the most impressive has been her drop shots.

I'd like to see her progress though, so GL against Martic :yeah:

Dan_Doe
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
She can. I mean, yeah, she is able too, but it probably won't happen.
However, I long for a Domi-Angie semifinal :lol: