PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thinking the highlight of this tournament is going to be...

Sam L
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:21 AM
Monica Seles handing the trophy to the winner? :hearts: Like Martina Hingis handing the trophy to the winner in the Australian Open final?

Seriously I just want this tournament to be over so I can see her and what she's wearing. :bounce:

bobito
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Sure it's nice when one of your favourite players presents the trophy but but nowhere near as good as when they get to receive it.

Sam L
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:29 AM
Sure it's nice when one of your favourite players presents the trophy but but nowhere near as good as when they get to receive it.
Well more players have won the championship than presented the trophy. So whilst it may be nicer, it's still a rare occasion reserved for few that's worth looking forward to. :p

GeeTee
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:35 AM
Yes it will be a real highlight when she gives the trophy to Sam! :angel:

bobito
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:37 AM
Well more players have won the championship than presented the trophy. So whilst it may be nicer, it's still a rare occasion reserved for few that's worth looking forward to. :p

I do like the idea of former champions presenting the trophy though. I expect the players do too. I remember when Federer equalled Borg's record 5 Wimbledons and Borg was waiting in the tunnel to shake his hand after the presentation. Imagine how good it would have been if he'd been the one presenting the trophy. It'll never happen at Wimbledon though because it would be seen as a snub to roylty. While the Duchess of Kent herself probably wouldn't mind sharing the honours with a former champion, there are plenty of stuffed shirts who would be outraged.

stromatolite
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Only for people with extreme myopia. It's nice come final day if ex-champs present the trophy, but at this stage who cares? I'm here for the tennis myself. Already seen some nice matches, and expect even better ones to come.

tennisforadults
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:32 AM
Monica Seles handing the trophy to the winner? :hearts: Like Martina Hingis handing the trophy to the winner in the Australian Open final?

Seriously I just want this tournament to be over so I can see her and what she's wearing. :bounce:

:help: :facepalm:

Brad[le]y.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:37 AM
The final looks like it's going to be Sharapova-Azarenka again; all their matches are fairly one-sided so most likely: YES :lol: