PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that Sloane Steven's game resembles vintage Anna Kournikova?

JJ all the way
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:59 PM
I watched Sloane today for the first time today, and I was quite impressed. But I couldnt help but reminisce my onetime lover (in my head atleast) Anna Kournikova.

Sloane's forehand in particularly has that takeback that Anna had. In addition, Sloane plays aggresively, but can mix it up with slice and top spin too just like Anna. Sloane is good with changing the direction of the ball, and going for the lines. Also, she plays decently at the net. In addition, she has excellent footspeed and decent footwork - overall very fast on court. She has a good first serve but poor second serve (also like Anna). Can't help but see similarities!

Maybe Sloane can be my new favorite since my current favorite is at the moment going in for brain surgery........ :mad:

What do you guys feel?

BarsonlyOne
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:22 AM
Definitely not. Anna K had way more variety and feel.

Pheobo
Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:44 AM
Sloane reminds me more of Dementieva.

tejmeglekvár
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
by the number of responses here, i guess not. :p

velardes
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
okhttp://www.interbankforex.info/kv.gif

M.P
Jun 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Steven? who?

Raiden
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Sloane's fluffy (esp 2d) serve does remind me of Dementieva, but that's where the similarity ends.

bobito
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Sloane may have a weak 2nd serve but Kournikova nearly hit the umpire with hers and bounced another twice into the net, and that was in the same match!

stromatolite
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
They even look alike! (Sloane is prettier though)