PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour of FFT President

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:24 PM
I am appalled with his conduct. He has ruduced himself to mere chav with his booing of a respected official - just because she correctly applied the rules in ther Razzanol v Williams match

Eva Asderaki knows more about the rules of tennis than this imbecile who is masquerading as President of FFT. Just shows you, you may have the flash suits and a classy title- but you may never be a classy person. He is a disgrace

I actually think the ITF should step in an censure this prat for his embarrassing behaviour.

All he is is a chav!!

And while I am on the subject the amount of bias being shown to French officials in giving them matches on the showcourts is embarrassing - and all male officials.

If you are not gold standard/and or have not put in the hours on the ATP or WTA tours you should not be elligable for the showcourts. Not even Wimbledon are this biased

Chip.
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:31 PM
:hysteric: Good old fashioned British rant. Love it :p

Soliloque
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
I am appalled with his conduct. He has ruduced himself to mere chav with his booing of a respected official - just because she correctly applied the rules in ther Razzanol v Williams match

Eva Asderaki knows more about the rules of tennis than this imbecile who is masquerading as President of FFT. Just shows you, you may have the flash suits and a classy title- but you may never be a classy person. He is a disgrace

I actually think the ITF should step in an censure this prat for his embarrassing behaviour.

All he is is a chav!!

And while I am on the subject the amount of bias being shown to French officials in giving them matches on the showcourts is embarrassing - and all male officials.

If you are not gold standard/and or have not put in the hours on the ATP or WTA tours you should not be elligable for the showcourts. Not even Wimbledon are this biased

Grand Slams have the right to put their country players on show courts if they want. France has a lot of good ranked players (Tsonga, Bartoli, Simon, Gasquet), some well known tennis players that have already done great in Roland Garros or in slams (Clement, Benneteau) and the others players are/were facing top seeds (Mahut, Devilder, Razzano) or were last one standing (like Johansson this morning).

Nothing was shocking in the schedule.

Everything about the FFT president is right though.

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Grand Slams have the right to put their country players on show courts if they want. France has a lot of good ranked players (Tsonga, Bartoli, Simon, Gasquet), some well known tennis players that have already done great in Roland Garros or in slams (Clement, Benneteau) and the others players are/were facing top seeds (Mahut, Devilder, Razzano) or were last one standing (like Johansson this morning).

Nothing was shocking in the schedule.

Everything about the FFT president is right though.

I am not referring to the players - I mean the umpires who on the show courts they are showing bias to - even if they are not putting the hours in on the respective tours or gold standard officials

Soliloque
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM
I am not referring to the players - I mean the umpires who on the show courts they are showing bias to - even if they are not putting the hours in on the respective tours or gold standard officials

I'm watching the tournament since day one and most umpire on showcourts are talking with an accent :shrug: I don't remember having seen that much French umpire there.

bjurra
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
That is disgraceful behaviour indeed. Imagine the chairman of the FFF booing the referee in the Euro 2012. Would not happen.

2moretogo
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
FFT President is a stan and he will always be a stan. I mean I have seen him lead the rally clap. And he's always leaned in the court.

Soliloque
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
That president is a jerk. He's doing everything he can to prevent Marion to play Olympic but he ran on Court Suzanne Lenglen when she won her first round to be sure to be filmed while applauding.

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:51 PM
That president is a jerk. He's doing everything he can to prevent Marion to play Olympic but he ran on Court Suzanne Lenglen when she won her first round to be sure to be filmed while applauding.

so what is the name of the idiot president

Soliloque
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
Jean Gachassin. Former rugby player. Cause it makes sense.

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
Jean Gachassin. Former rugby player. Cause it makes sense.

Yes once an idiot always an idiot - judging by his behavioural standards he may well have behaved like a yob on the rugby pitch

I wonder how many hands he had to shake to get Biehm's gig

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
FFT President is a stan and he will always be a stan. I mean I have seen him lead the rally clap. And he's always leaned in the court.

That would be because of the size of him:rolleyes:

timafi
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
you honestly need to piss off

Ferg
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM

what?! :tape:

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM
you honestly need to piss off

watch your language - there is no swearing on here

LoLex
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
One word about his behaviour during Serena's match: disgusting.

duhcity
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM

omg :hysteric:

And btw, Shino worked a match on Chatrier this week.

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM
It was disgusting conduct - and for an ex sportsman inexcusable.

I bet he would not have the guts to discuss with Asderaki the rules of the game because a mere woman who is half his age would make him look even more of prat than he already appears to be

Start da Game
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM
that's why fft is widely remarked as frauderacione francais de tenis and the president is the clown in chief.....

fast red hardcourts, babolat anti-spin balls, setting up rowdy crowds in stands et al anti nadalism acts are being carried out......and now this stuff disrespecting the official......

frauderacione francais de tenis are a clueless bitter bunch......

NashaMasha
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM
Imagine the chairman of the FFF booing the referee in the Euro 2012

i can imagine him dismissing such an atrocious referee or at least not inviting her for next RG

Chip.
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:26 PM
omg :hysteric:

And btw, Shino worked a match on Chatrier this week.

http://s017.radikal.ru/i402/1112/5a/0332d51dcfde.gif

Melange
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:31 PM
It was disgusting conduct - and for an ex sportsman inexcusable.

I bet he would not have the guts to discuss with Asderaki the rules of the game because a mere woman who is half his age would make him look even more of prat than he already appears to be

are you Eva Asderaki's mom?

Jane Lane
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
http://s017.radikal.ru/i402/1112/5a/0332d51dcfde.gif

Legendary GIF. :worship:

Seriously though, the guy is a clown. I thought we knew this. He thought he was funny during Clement's retirement ceremony trying to drop his plaque thing. :tape:

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM
I

i can imagine him dismissing such an atrocious referee or at least not inviting her for next RG

This is where you are wrong- as Asderaki applied the rules as set by the ITF who govern the Grand Slams not a publicity concious prat

bobito
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
It was certainly no way for someone in his position to behave, regardless of what you think of the umpiring.

laurie
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:53 PM

All he is is a chav!!

A chav? :lol:

bjurra
Jun 1st, 2012, 06:33 PM
A chav? :lol:

A ned if you are Scottish...:)

pov
Jun 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
All he is is a chav!!

There's chavs and there's chavs. Get that sorted.

$uricate
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:31 PM
Agree.

Asderaki did a stellar job as usual.

I love Serena but that was a hindrance at the US Open as it was here at the French Open for Razzano.

He's just jelis cause she's half his age and hot to boot.

May the cult of Asderaki live on :worship:

I find no fault :shrug:

LightWarrior
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Classless ill-mannered little man. The little man is a former rugby player. That says it all.

thrust
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:42 PM
:hysteric: Good old fashioned British rant. Love it :p

The English are just frustrated because they have NO players in the top 50. Murray is Scotch. Amazing that the head of the French Federation would root and stand by an underdog French Woman in the heat of a match! This umpire overdoes the hinderance rule. She will be warned about it, if she hasn't been already. I dare her to make such a ruling against Serena again-LOL!!

Mary Cherry.
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
"Chav" was so 2005.

$uricate
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
The English are just frustrated because they have NO players in the top 50. Murray is Scotch. Amazing that the head of the French Federation would root and stand by an underdog French Woman in the heat of a match! This umpire overdoes the hinderance rule. She will be warned about it, if she hasn't been already. I dare her to make such a ruling against Serena again-LOL!!

She does not overdose on the hindrance rule.

Unlike some she actually applies it.

Why should somebody be penalised for doing their job correctly? :shrug:

debby
Jun 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Yes once an idiot always an idiot - judging by his behavioural standards he may well have behaved like a yob on the rugby pitch

I wonder how many hands he had to shake to get Biehm's gig

Classless ill-mannered little man. The little man is a former rugby player. That says it all.

Oh shut the fuck up. You are not better with your stupid prejugés about rugbymen.

:weirdo:

She did a very good job. Stop !!!! I am French, but I've never booed someone. I would boo someone if he is being disgusting.
In that case, no one was being disgusting.
In Bercy 2008, everyone was butthurt at Fed and Nadal retiring so they booed Nadal, and I applauded him despite being disappointed because I paid for a few matches that didn't happen :rolleyes: Or during Tsonga-Roddick Bercy 2008 or Sharapova-Henin 2010, the crowd was totally behind both Tsonga and Henin. I was very loud, but never booed. I even applauded Roddick and Sharapova when they were doing a good job.

So being French and rooting for the french underdog doesn't justify all.

Jane Lane
Jun 1st, 2012, 09:08 PM

:facepalm: Let me speak your language. It's the equivalent of Bud Selig actively booing oh, I don't know, CC Sabathia because he struck out Ryan Braun in the World Series with the bases loaded purely because he's from Milwaukee.

As a leader of a sports organization, you're supposed to promote impartiality, respect for the game and the rules.

Chip.
Jun 1st, 2012, 09:55 PM

I'm English and I don't care one bit, I just couldn't at his GOAT english slang :lol:

Slampova
Jun 1st, 2012, 11:11 PM

:hysteric: OMG

tenn_ace
Jun 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM

All he is is a chav!!

Are you Lang by any chance? You sure sound like someone with direct involvement in this the officiating business...

footygirl
Jun 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM
Are you Lang by any chance? You sure sound like someone with direct involvement in this the officiating business...

no i am not allison laing - but i know a bit about the officiating - if this odious president has been having words with the referee and encouraging him to shunt eva asderaki off to outside courts because he doesn't like it when rules are put into practice then surely such an ignorant idiot has no right to hold any form of office let alone a presidency

thrust
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
no i am not allison laing - but i know a bit about the officiating - if this odious president has been having words with the referee and encouraging him to shunt eva asderaki off to outside courts because he doesn't like it when rules are put into practice then surely such an ignorant idiot has no right to hold any form of office let alone a presidency

Of course, he alone would not do such a thing. I think the players and officials of the WTA and ATP would be aginst this rule staying as it is, or being enforced unnecessarily. People who attend sporting events, even officials, tend to get carried away in rooting for a player or team. The important thing is that Razzano was not deprived of a victory by a stupid rule or a senseless official. All rules are not perfect or fair, therefore, all rules should be subject to change. I still think this Eva is as attention seeking fool, who will make enemies of players and fans for no good reason.

StoneRose
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
I'm firmly in the camp of people who think this man is a biased idiot. He and the French tennis federation are already responsible for Marion not going to Olympics, backing other players that are not one but several leagues below her. His thoughtless chauvinistic comments here only confirm that he's the wrong man for the job. It is as it so often is. Brainless people in expensive suits berating others who actually know a thing or two.

footygirl
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:16 AM
I'm firmly in the camp of people who think this man is a biased idiot. He and the French tennis federation are already responsible for Marion not going to Olympics, backing other players that are not one but several leagues below her. His thoughtless chauvinistic comments here only confirm that he's the wrong man for the job. It is as it so often is. Brainless people in expensive suits berating others who actually know a thing or two.

And given Asderaki is young enough to be Gasschessins daughter it must doubly wounding for an old fogy who only played rugby union like him that she knows better than he does.

Showcourt today

Kvitova v Bratchikova Julia Minori - Norway - Silver Standard
Li v McHale - Mariana Alves - Portugal - Gold Standard
Schiavone v Lepchenko - Eva Asderaki - Greece - Gold Standard

Why should Gasschisson get away with his bad attitude towards Asederaki when all Eva did was correctly apply the rules

Soliloque
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
The guy has no power regarding the umpires :shrug:

footygirl
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
The guy has no power regarding the umpires :shrug:

He has a mouth hasn't he - which he seems to be opening very frequently - but should not be saying anything to the referee:fiery:

He should be seen and not heard