PDA

View Full Version : thread titles

doujyr
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:03 PM
please less of the smartarse topics, keep it simple. i know some like to try and show off how "witty" they are but it sucks, it really does.

Bijoux0021
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:11 PM
please less of the smartarse topics, keep it simple. i know some like to try and show off how "witty" they are but it sucks, it really does.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

I agree 100%. Many times I'm looking for thread titles of completed matches and can't find them because of ridiculous smart ass topics added to the threads. I wish the MODs would do something about that kind of nonsense.

Hashim.
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:23 PM
Agreed. Just look at this

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=460670
:banghead:

Tipp
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:26 PM
Amen, I feel like I'm high when I read this forum sometimes. Can't people just make the jokes in their actual posts and leave the thread titles somewhat sane? I just want to see "[Winner] def. [Loser] [Score]", not "Wicked Witch of the Far East opens her bakery and snatches Chokeahontas' wig" or whatever.

Ofen
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
I agree. Sometimes I would like to visit shortly here for results and check some comments and difficult to find the appropriate thread. I don't mind when the smart names are used in the post itself.

Mattographer
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Agreed, but not as bad as doubles threads :o

Jimmie48
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Agreed, some people really try too hard to come up with funny stuff...

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Na-Mug should be the only one allowed to do it becasue his are actually funny. :lol: Everyone else...meh.

But I agree. It's gotten ridiculous.

Bismarck.
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
It also just kills off any vaguely amusing joke on the forum. Like NA-MUG's bird thread which was a genuinely hilarious idea, only now we're going to have to sit through those nicknames being put through the wringer so the joke isn't funny any more.

tennismaster8820
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:30 PM
If only moderators would do their job here. *sigh*

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:32 PM
It also just kills off any vaguely amusing joke on the forum. Like NA-MUG's bird thread which was a genuinely hilarious idea, only now we're going to have to sit through those nicknames being put through the wringer so the joke isn't funny any more.

Pretty much.

Beat
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:34 PM

+ 1

Tenis Srbija
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Some are funny :shrug: And you can't tell anyone to stop trying to be funny... Who knows, one of these days maybe Na-Mug will make us laugh for all the right reasons. :lol: