Mashabator
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM
:inlove: good work mash!

Queenpova
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/394/mariawashere.gif

Hayato
Ayumi :hug: Hopefully that will be the last clay match she has to play this year. :lol:

Belmont Lad
Queen Masha imperiously through to round 3. :worship: :hearts: Keep this up! :armed:

Tennis Fool
Didn't see the match. Does Ayumi have any supporters on this forum?

Mynarco
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Nid.

Shafanovic.
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Nice Maria! :D Breadsticks. Give us more baked goods please.

vozas
NID. She's just too good at the moment. Peng should be more of the same.

Kon.
2 games lost in the first two rounds. :yeah:
Defense, movement, everything actually was very solid.

Grigorpova
http://i49.tinypic.com/ae2vs8.jpg

Slayed.

doktor
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
1 winner against her.

In two matches.

I DIE!

Rod the Bama
Good win for Maria. :clap2: She looked sharp again, especially with her backhand.

Mistress of Evil
Onwards.

Chim
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Very boring match.

flareon
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Maria :inlove:

Bremen
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
No dfs...how long has it been since she's had a double fault free match?

tejmeglekvár
After Cadantu, Morita finished match with 0 winners too. Masha´s defense is outstanding.

hugs to Morita, bad draw. :hug:

Vikapower
Good match but Peng (?) I think will be a whole lot different story. Peng is a counter-puncher with much better offensive capabilities than 0 winners Cadantu and 1 winner off-a-let-cord Morita. So that'll be Maria first big test kind of like the Kerber one in Australia so it'll be interesting on this surface.

treufreund
Morita has such an ugly game. Now Maria will face yet another 2-handed ballbasher tomorrow in Peng Shuai. Is this the new model for Asian girls? I really hope not because I hate that kind of tennis. Every shot seems to look identical when Morita, Peng and Bartoli hit those 2-handed shots.

Gilas.
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM
2 games lost :armed:
AO 08 anyone? :oh:

jameshazza
Seriously yeah, Cadantu's a mug or whatever you wanna call her. But Morita only got one, words can't describe how good her defense was today. :hearts:

Good Luck tomorrow Masha :cheer:

Craig.
No dfs...how long has it been since she's had a double fault free match?

She had 2.

RenaSlam.
GOATPova.

madmax
1 winner by Morita...thanks to a netcord:oh:
Anyway - 2 scrubs down, 5 more to slay:drive:

jameshazza
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:36 PM
1 winner by Morita...thanks to a netcord:oh:
Anyway - 2 scrubs down, 5 more to slay:drive:

Yes, forgot it was on a netcord. It is hard to get them balls past Masha these days.

vspak
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM
Russian Tractor won against random player <woow>

Cosmic Voices
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:38 PM
Peng's been in a major slump tbh, it'll be routine for Masha.
might not be double breadsticks but it'll be comfortable. Her biggest test will be either caro/goerges

jameshazza
Russian Tractor won against random player <woow>

Masha and Sveta through. NID. Yes, we know. :shrug:

gc-spurs
NID, but the stats are great regardless of the player. The D was awesome!

Joelina
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:40 PM
keep going girl ;)

Maria Croft
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Keep it up Maria :yeah:

dsanders06
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Was mainly watching the Vulture get snatched, but from what I saw, Maria looked great :hearts: Especially her movement. Keep it up :yeah:

Vuvurenka
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:49 PM
Masha is on a mission. She has by far looked the best out of all the top players so far.

Cow on ice no more!

V.e.s.W
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Keep it up Maria!

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:54 PM
:bounce: :hearts: :worship:

JamieOwen3
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM
see how fast it was and isner took forever to lose last night.

Keep it up Maria. Kick Peng to the side also plz

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m11yeta8Uk1r23t25o1_400.gif

Shivank17
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
Good win :yeah: Keep going!

Ryan
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Loving when Cowpova skates to her backhand now, looks great and helps her defence a ton. Keep truckin.

GoofyDuck
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Ayumi upset :sad:

Hope Shushu will have enough time to prepare for Masha now :)

tennisrules
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
Maria must have been pissed at having to play today:lol: I blinked and this match was over. Good job Masha, save your energy for tomorrow.:cool:

Pebbles
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Morita has a fluid game, solid groundies, nice serve motion but really hasn't the firepower to get through Sharapova on clay. Maria was impressive today.

Tenis Srbija
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM
Shaza DOMINATING. :yeah:

JoPova
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM
:cheer: Onwards Maria! Well done!

doooma6816
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:46 PM
Maria:cheer: couldn't watch it but it looks like another solid and easy match. ;)
Keep winning!:yeah:

Sharapowerr
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Maria's game really improved this year (and the last 6 months of 2011) compared to when she came back after the surgery. Many terrible losses especially against Oudin, her serve is getting better and better as well as her groundies and movement. Now win your fourth slam Masha:)

18majors
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
It's nice to see Maria crusing at her 80-90% speed and to be fully in control.

Qalahari
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:55 PM
Masha :yeah:
Ayumi :help:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Alot of Sharapova's fans don't really need much of an excuse to be shall we say a bit on the cocky side. But the fact that their girl is playing such dominate tennis doesn't hurt at all. Maria does deserve her place as the favourite for the title right now I have no doubt if she gets it there will be quite a lot of celebrating on this forum.

Shame it will also probably lead to even more arrogance amongst her legion of fans. How nice would it be if they were to show other players the same respect that their fav does? Yeah I know, that's asking for too much.

Anyway, well done to Maria, this does look like it could be a very momentous event in her career.

Temperenka
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:08 PM
Maria's draw is honestly cake to the SF. Which is probably a bad thing because she will come against Li without any good match play.

Doully
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
2 games lost in two rounds. :hearts:

Masha Fierce.
Surprised Morita didn't retire as usual.

claypova
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Alot of Sharapova's fans don't really need much of an excuse to be shall we say a bit on the cocky side. But the fact that their girl is playing such dominate tennis doesn't hurt at all. Maria does deserve her place as the favourite for the title right now I have no doubt if she gets it there will be quite a lot of celebrating on this forum.

Shame it will also probably lead to even more arrogance amongst her legion of fans. How nice would it be if they were to show other players the same respect that their fav does? Yeah I know, that's asking for too much.

Anyway, well done to Maria, this does look like it could be a very momentous event in her career.

Didnt the last time you gave us this lecture was Makarova vs Sharapova? hmmm

madmax
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM

:oh:
Ouch...

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
:zzz: And so the cakewalk continues....

vozas
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Maria's draw is honestly cake to the SF. Which is probably a bad thing because she will come against Li without any good match play.

She'll probably play Wozniacki/Goerges in the QFs which may give her a lot of work. Anyways, her nemesis is on the other side of the draw, rightfully so. Both have so-called cakewalk draws because they have been so dominant this year and no one has really come close. I expect both to meet in the final.

jameshazza
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:26 PM

If both Masha and Caro make the QF, that match should get Masha pumped and focused.

Stonerpova
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Pretty business-like performance overall. She lost a bit of her concentration in the second, but she stepped it up a gear and got it done. Keep going :yeah:

Queenpova
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:34 PM
LOL @ Vika fans screaming cakewalk. have they seen vika's opponents? :lol:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM

???

I though Makarova had a good chance to beat Sharapova. I was wrong, not for the 1st time. I ate a bit of humble pie. What does that have to do with what I just posted?

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM

If the fan base isn't allowed to get a little arrogant if Maria were to win the career Slam then when are they allowed to get a little arrogant?

As a Maria fan she isn't the favorite. She's the betting favorite. Two entirely different things.

Temperenka
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:39 PM
LOL @ Vika fans screaming cakewalk. have they seen vika's opponents? :lol:

Potential roads to the SF:

Vika:
R3: Wozniak
R4: Cibulkova :scared:
QF: Stosur

Sharapova
R3: Peng :lol:
R4: Pavlyuchenkova :lol:
QF:Wozniacki :lol:

Peng and Pavly were arguable the two most out of form seeds coming into the tournament.

tejmeglekvár
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
2 games lost in two rounds. :hearts:

Masha Fierce.
Surprised Morita didn't retire as usual.

Thats mean. Maybe match didnt last long enough?

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Masha :yeah:.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:57 PM
If the fan base isn't allowed to get a little arrogant if Maria were to win the career Slam then when are they allowed to get a little arrogant?

As a Maria fan she isn't the favorite. She's the betting favorite. Two entirely different things.

I couldn't agree more. If Maria wins, as she very well might, it would be an extremely justified time for Maria fans to blow their horns.

I just hope that some of them don't use it as another opportunity to simply attack other players who haven't won all four slams.

doomsday
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Potential roads to the SF:

Vika:
R3: Wozniak
R4: Cibulkova :scared:
QF: Stosur

Sharapova
R3: Peng :lol:
R4: Pavlyuchenkova :lol:
QF:Wozniacki :lol:

Peng and Pavly were arguable the two most out of form seeds coming into the tournament.

This is so dumb, Cibulkova wouldn't be a issue for Maria and Stosur well tough match for sure but Maria was always gonna be the fave.

vozas
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
What are Extremely Injured stans doing in this thread anyway?

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/1272348532_original-lol.gif?w=238

vozas
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:04 PM
Btw I love how you omitted Extremely Injured's potential semi-final opponent :oh: whose it gonna be? Kerber? Kuznetsova? Maria will either get Kvitova or, most likely, Li Na, the defending champion.

claypova
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Btw I love how you omitted Extremely Injured's potential semi-final opponent :oh: whose it gonna be? Kerber? Kuznetsova? Maria will either get Kvitova or, most likely, Li Na, the defending champion.

right?! and using Stosur as an example of a tough opponent for Azarenka :tape:

The Kaz
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
2 games lost :armed:
AO 08 anyone? :oh:

Beat scru players Cadantu and Morita :lol: Any top player could do the same...

Maria and your cakewalk draws :o

The Kaz
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM
right?! and using Stosur as an example of a tough opponent for Azarenka :tape:

They are only played on Azarenka's fav surface...

They are playing at Roland Garros which is Sam's home! She will be dangerous!

vozas
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Now a Shanksur stan joins the party :facepalm:

Sharapova truly is the driving force of the WTA. Uniting fanbases in one thread concerning her victory over an irrelevant scrub in Round 2. Your faves WILL NEVER

Sharakim
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Very solid from Maria again! :D

zigga
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM
Congrats Maria :cheer:

Shivank17
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM
They are only played on Azarenka's fav surface...

They are playing at Roland Garros which is Sam's home! She will be dangerous!

How many times has she won RG, again? :rolleyes: :confused:

and Vika fans calling Maria's draw a cake walk. :rolleyes:

Queenpova
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Now a Shanksur stan joins the party :facepalm:

Sharapova truly is the driving force of the WTA. Uniting fanbases in one thread concerning her victory over an irrelevant scrub in Round 2. Your faves WILL NEVER

This. No matter her fan base is much bigger than anyone else's. They stay mad.

http://i.imgur.com/H7KDQ.gif

vozas
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Everyone is so mad here :oh:

gmak
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Maria :yeah: :drool: :D
another nice beatdown :)

keep it up please :rocker:

Vincey!
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
Nicely done maria! ;)

UDACHi
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:52 PM
won't be long before the new claygoat surpasses henin in clay titles. :hearts: go on girl.

pedropt
Jun 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Haven't been able to follow Maria's matches but good to know she's winning easily. Keep going :D

Maria rocks
Jun 1st, 2012, 09:52 PM
Fabulous Maria. Keep it up and the title is yours xx

Break My Rapture
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:29 PM
This is so dumb, Cibulkova wouldn't be a issue for Maria and Stosur well tough match for sure but Maria was always gonna be the fave.
I strongly doubt that TBH. Cibulkova right now paints a pretty good picture of what is a bad match-up for Maria on clay.

cn ireland
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Nice work Maria:yeah:

Slampova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
Keep steamrolling Masha :cheer:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:07 AM
I strongly doubt that TBH. Cibulkova right now paints a pretty good picture of what is a bad match-up for Maria on clay.

:spit: How exactly?

The Dawntreader
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:10 AM
Completely unable to judge her form after playing two of the most harmless players on tour.

atominside
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:10 AM

:confused:

Jane Lane
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:11 AM
I miss Ayumilover. :lol:

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:12 AM

Masha has all the pace in the world to hit through Domi's ballbashing game. Plus Domi would find it very hard to outmanoeuvre Masha with her improved movement. Wimbly '11. If Domi still played on clay like she did in '09 she would be more of an issue. Thing is she doesn't and even that match has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

atominside
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:17 AM
Anyone else thought Morita looked like a Japanese Ivanovic?

serendipitynow
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:50 AM
Maria :cheer: :cheer:

Andy.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:54 AM
Another no fuss win. Good stuff. Keep it up Masha.

Lachy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
I quite like Morita, but her two handed forehand/backhand combo was limiting her reach so much yesterday.

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:36 AM

Well, she has beaten Maria twice on red clay. :shrug: It'd be a tough one for sure.

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Completely unable to judge her form after playing two of the most harmless players on tour.

Keep hatin' :rolleyes:

Dominic
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:53 AM
Keep hatin' :rolleyes:

I know :lol: :weirdo: She's obviously playing well.

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:33 AM
I know :lol: :weirdo: She's obviously playing well.

It was a joke though, dawntreader and I are friends ;)

NeoZod19
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:37 AM
Very solid :yeah:

Second that!!!:worship::worship::worship:

Stay focus and one match at a time is the right approach, good for you Maria and good luck.:angel:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Well, she has beaten Maria twice on red clay. :shrug: It'd be a tough one for sure.

Once when Maria was playing her second tournament after the surgery, and once in Madrid which barely counts as a real tennis tournament let alone a claycourt tournament :lol:

I'm not denying Cibulkova would have a chance, because she's capable of giving anyone a tough test when she's at her very best (rare though those occasions are), but what I take issue with is the comment 'exactly the type of match-up Maria struggles with on clay right now'. The only player who you could say Maria's had a specific match-up problem with on clay in the last couple of years is Li, and Cibulkova plays nothing like Li.

Viennalover
Jun 2nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
Morita only had 1 winner for the whole match. (Pova 22)
Recently she plays like a pusher which won't work to the Top player in form.
Waiting for the opponent's error is pathetic.:facepalm:

Maybe Vika & Aga influence? :rolleyes: Such a shame....

Mistress of Evil
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM

I hate to use excuses. But their first match at RG doesn't count Martha has played four 3 set matches and had probably spent 10+ hours on court prior to the QF. I mean, she was so toast that barely escaped the double bagel. :o

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
She's fast as hell around the court, moves really well and can handle Maria's regular pace shots easily on a surface like clay. She sometimes even hits harder than Maria nowadays and she'll take over the point once Maria plays one shot worth rebounding on. Better mover, better defender, perhaps even on par attacker, worse server. Cibulkova would grind Sharapova down I think. JMO.

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
She's fast as hell around the court, moves really well and can handle Maria's regular pace shots easily on a surface like clay. She sometimes even hits harder than Maria nowadays and she'll take over the point once Maria plays one shot worth rebounding on. Better mover, better defender, perhaps even on par attacker, worse server. Cibulkova would grind Sharapova down I think. JMO.

is that why she was blown off the court in that Wimby QF last year?:lol: And clay gives Maria even more time to wind up her strokes, not to mention her improved fitness and movement on it

Steven.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM

honey you're a fucking mess.

so let's say your claim that she is as good at attacking as Mash, that means domi > vika in movement, defense, offense. serve on par. I think you should go worry about your fave then. JMO.

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Pieter is all over the place :lol: I would be if my fave was playing like his one on clay though :lol: and I know you impressed with the way Cibulkova plays against Vika but it's solely because Vika is a grinder and let Cibulkova do anything she wants, Maria's game ain't about that at all and you know it.
Maria's offensive kills on par with Ciblukova really :facepalm:

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
Pieter is all over the place :lol: I would be if my fave was playing like his one on clay though :lol: and I know you impressed with the way Cibulkova plays against Vika but it's solely because Vika is a grinder and let Cibulkova do anything she wants, Maria's game ain't about that at all and you know it.
Maria's offensive kills on par with Ciblukova really :facepalm:

NO3Ce7l0NBw

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM

I know we used to dislike each other but you are one of the few decent Pova fans. :hearts:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:33 PM

Cibulkova's good movement is a complete red-herring - although she is still quick, she never plays proper defence these days as she just goes for ridiculous low-% winners even when out of position. Also, while she is capable of generating a lot of raw pace off her forehand (yes, possibly more than Maria), she can ONLY do that off really soft balls where she has a lot of time to set up (hence why Wozniacki is pretty much the only top player she ever beats) - a Maria in decent form, who hits a consistently heavy and deep ball, simply wouldn't be giving her those opportunities, as shown in their Wimbledon match last year. Cibulkova since she remodelled her game is basically Ivanovic with even less consistency, and Maria already beat Ivanovic fairly comfortably on clay this year.

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
NO3Ce7l0NBw

IREELEVANT for all reasons who have been posted before but nice try.

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
IREELEVANT for all reasons who have been posted before but nice try.

OK and that one ??

2011 MADRID CLAY R16 D.Cibulkova-5 6-4

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
OK and that one ??

I give you that one even though Madrid clay is kinda weird anyway I think it's obvious Cibulkova match up better against Vika than against Maria.

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
OK and that one ??

1) It's Madrid.
2) It's altitude
3) Maria in crappy form
4) Maria hates this event anyway:wavey:

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
I give you that one even though Madrid clay is kinda weird anyway I think it's obvious Cibulkova match up better against Vika than against Maria.

Yeah they had close matches, but Vika almost always prevailed.
I don't think Vika will win... but we will see, you should be worried if Maria will have to face Cibulkova, because it will mean a RG final where Cibulkova will have nothing to lose. :lol:

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:55 PM
honey you're a fucking mess.

so let's say your claim that she is as good at attacking as Mash, that means domi > vika in movement, defense, offense. serve on par. I think you should go worry about your fave then. JMO.
Since Cibulkova started working with Krajan her groundstrokes have arguably become double as heavy and fast. She's now a ballbasher with insanely good footwork and speed around the court. She's about as dangerous as a floater can get at a slam on clay, and there is no doubt in my mind that Maria would struggle against her on this surface if Cibulkova was playing well. She would retrieve so many balls and force Maria into errors, that plus the fact that her added groundstroke speed would make it easier for her to win free points now as well compared to years ago. The dynamics of this match-up are demonstrated crystal clear during their match at Amelia Island and Rome in 2008, and Cibulkova is a much better player now.

Also, your comparison with Azarenka is totally random and only makes it seem like you have nothing else worth reading.

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
I totally agree with Pieter (wow did it just happen? lmao), Cibulkova improved A LOT.
I don't see a pusher anymore AT ALL.

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Since Cibulkova started working with Krajan her groundstrokes have arguably become double as heavy and fast. She's now a ballbasher with insanely good footwork and speed around the court. She's about as dangerous as a floater can get at a slam on clay, and there is no doubt in my mind that Maria would struggle against her on this surface if Cibulkova was playing well. She would retrieve so many balls and force Maria into errors, that plus the fact that her added groundstroke speed would make it easier for her to win free points now as well compared to years ago.

Also, your comparison with Azarenka is totally random and only makes it seem like you have nothing else worth reading.

I thought you used to be a Maria fan, and his comparison does make sense. Masha is a better mover on this surface than Vika, and has greater offense skills, so if Domi is better than Masha then she is also > than Vika. :shrug:

Did you not see what Na did to her in Rome before the choke. She might get balls back, but they'd be the kind Masha loves. And I'm sorry, a lot of your post are fair and logical, but you're just trolling this thread.

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Why can't you agree that Cibulkova might be very annoying to play for Maria ? :o

GoofyDuck
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Masha fans attacking each other :oh:

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
I thought you used to be a Maria fan, and his comparison does make sense. Masha is a better mover on this surface than Vika, and has greater offense skills, so if Domi is better than Masha then she is also > than Vika. :shrug:

Did you not see what Na did to her in Rome before the choke. She might get balls back, but they'd be the kind Masha loves. And I'm sorry, a lot of your post are fair and logical, but you're just trolling this thread.
:spit: This is exactly why I don't post in Siberian Siren anymore. You can't say that you think Maria will struggle against a player because it means you're not a fan anymore. Totally ridiculious. This has absolutely nothing to do with Azarenka, why bring her into this discussion? Makes absolutely no sense. I said that Cibulkova probably is on par with Sharapova offensively if she's playing well, not better. Reading skills come in handy.

What Na did to Sharapova in Rome? She was honestly comprehensively outplaying Maria before choking. I don't understand your point here. :confused:

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
:spit: This is exactly why I don't post in Siberian Siren anymore. You can't say that you think Maria will struggle against a player because it means you're not a fan anymore. Totally ridiculious. This has absolutely nothing to do with Azarenka, why bring her into this discussion? Makes absolutely no sense. I said that Cibulkova probably is on par with Sharapova offensively if she's playing well, not better. Reading skills come in handy.

What Na did to Sharapova in Rome? She was honestly comprehensively outplaying Maria before choking. I don't understand your point here. :confused:

sounds like HHQ with Justine tards :inlove: I understand you mate ! :lol:

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM

At the same time Maria was not serving and playing as well as she can I think it's pretty obvious, do you really think that Na should beat Maria 4 and 0 :help: Maria fought really well in this match but it was obvious she wasn't playing as well as she did in Stuttgart but that's what happen when you go far in every tournament I guess.

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
:spit: This is exactly why I don't post in Siberian Siren anymore. You can't say that you think Maria will struggle against a player because it means you're not a fan anymore. Totally ridiculious. This has absolutely nothing to do with Azarenka. I didn't even say Cibulkova was better at offense, I said that she probably is on par with Sharapova if she's playing well. Reading skills come in handy.

What Na did to Domi (basic understanding of a language and context comes in handy), yes you said they were on par with Masha's. So Steven. then said they were greater than Vika's which would be true if they were on par with Masha's. Of course it's OK to say a player you're a fan of would struggle against certain players. We worry about the most random matches. But if you read through your posts the vibe that's coming across is that Domi is outright better than Masha on this surface, and it's not a very 'fan-like' tone when talking about Masha. You also pretty much implied Domi was a bigger threat to Masha than Vika. That mightn't have been what you intended but it's the way it came across.

Not that I really care about Domi, 'cus even if Masha meets her she's four more matches to win which I'm not taking for granted.

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM

when you say that Domi is on par with Maria offensively, what do you mean by that exactly? That she can beat sluggish Pova in some random match when russian is dead tired (like in Paris 09) or when she plays like crap (Madrid)? Because current Maria is totally different player than she was 2 or 3 years ago - much more fit, stays in rallies longer and her serve is more reliable too. Don't you agree with that?

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Lol at Pova tards trying to find excuses. You know, Maria can't always play well, she lost her GOAT serve forever, she will never find her old serve again, she is still prone to DFing, especially in finals. In that case, Maria can meet Domi only in finals.

Don't forget the mental part.

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Since Cibulkova started working with Krajan her groundstrokes have arguably become double as heavy and fast. She's now a ballbasher with insanely good footwork and speed around the court. She's about as dangerous as a floater can get at a slam on clay, and there is no doubt in my mind that Maria would struggle against her on this surface if Cibulkova was playing well. She would retrieve so many balls and force Maria into errors, that plus the fact that her added groundstroke speed would make it easier for her to win free points now as well compared to years ago. The dynamics of this match-up are demonstrated crystal clear during their match at Amelia Island and Rome in 2008, and Cibulkova is a much better player now.

I love how you just keep repeating this stuff even after being rebuffed :happy:

Cibulkova might be a better player in general now than when she was a counterpuncher (although even THAT'S questionable imo - she had a better peak Slam result and a higher peak ranking with her old style), but she definitely now matches up worse with Maria than she used to. When she used to actually be a proper defensive player, she COULD force Maria into errors, as shown in their 2008 claycourt matches - but as I said in my previous post, she DOESN'T play like that anymore, even though she's still quick she doesn't play proper defence, she wouldn't be trying to extend the rallies and wouldn't draw easy errors from Maria that way. If you're going to try and beat Maria by ballbashing, you need to be a GREAT ballbasher, which Cibulkova isn't. The margins are just very small if you're going for huge shots when you've got a heavy barrage of shots coming from the other side of the net like you get from Maria.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
:lol: at Pieter finally showing off his true colors :oh:.

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
What Na did to Domi (basic understanding of a language and context comes in handy), yes you said they were on par with Masha's. So Steven. then said they were greater than Vika's which would be true if they were on par with Masha's. Of course it's OK to say a player you're a fan of would struggle against certain players. We worry about the most random matches. But if you read through your posts the vibe that's coming across is that Domi is outright better than Masha on this surface, and it's not a very 'fan-like' tone when talking about Masha. You also pretty much implied Domi was a bigger threat to Masha than Vika. That mightn't have been what you intended but it's the way it came across.

Not that I really care about Domi, 'cus even if Masha meets her she's four more matches to win which I'm not taking for granted.
Would be nice if you mentioned what player you're talking about when starting a new line. And you, or doomsday for that matter, still haven't explained what your point is in regards to those matches in Rome you mentioned.

IDGAF about what Steven said about Azarenka, I don't care about that comparison because it was posted totally random and has nothing to do with the players we're discussing here.

The vibe of my post makes you think that Cibulkova is a better player than Sharapova? Really now? I said she was a better defensive player and a better mover, which is basically the truth about Maria's opponents 90% of the time because Maria, face it, is not the best mover/defender around. :lol: This crap about 'fan-like' tones of speaking is ridiculious. And I didn't imply that Cibulkova was a bigger threat Sharapova than to Azarenka, where the hell did you get that from? If you take a look at the WWW thread and Vika's subforum for R4, I'm basically saying Cibulkova is an extremely tough match-up for her right now. Right now I'm saying that she's also one for Maria, in my opinion.

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Lol at Pova tards trying to find excuses. You know, Maria can't always play well, she lost her GOAT serve forever, she will never find her old serve again, she is still prone to DFing, especially in finals. In that case, Maria can meet Domi only in finals.

Don't forget the mental part.

Her serve seems more accurate the more she plays but thanks for believing that it won't happen.:lol: And we're so far from the finals i really don't think that Domi will reach the final either btw.

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
:lol: at Pieter finally showing off his true colors :oh:.
Would be nice if you stopped referring to me with my first name, thanks. I don't know you (thankfully) so don't talk to me like you know who I am. We're on an internet forum, remember? :)

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
Her serve seems more accurate the more she plays but thanks for believing that it won't happen.:lol: And we're so far from the finals i really don't think that Domi will reach the final either btw.

Gurl, you are delusional if you think Maria will serve like 2006-2008.

:help: :help: Cibulkova was not far away from the finals in 2009 (right?), she is playing on her fave surface, and she will give everything because the upcoming weeks will be a disaster for her as she hates grass. Plus this is Roland-Garros, a Slam that Ivanovic/Schiavone/Li won.

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Maria fans vs Maria stans :lol::lol::lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Would be nice if you stopped referring to me with my first name, thanks. I don't know you (thankfully) so don't talk to me like you know who I am. We're on an internet forum, remember? :)

Ok Pieter I will :wavey:. Just stop sobbing.

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM

Comparing Li to Cibulkova is a TERRIBLE misreading of their games. Li, despite her brainless ballbasher tag, actually wins most of her points by working them and winning relatively long rallies - the reason she's such a tough match-up for Maria is because she's more than comfortable absorbing Maria's pace, and she's excellent at creating angles and exploiting Maria's mediocre movement.

That's NOT the case with Cibulkova. Although she's probably capable of generating more raw pace herself than Li is, she usually looks to win her points with just one or two big shots, rather than working the point. She's not good at creating angles, she can only hit straight, even if with a lot of pace - but that's not as effective against Maria. Add to that that she's pretty appalling at redirecting pace herself - whenever she goes up against an aggressive player, she always tries to hit huge shots off her opponent's huge shots, which inevitably fails because she just doesn't have the body strength to do that consistently - plus the fact that, as said she never tries to just "push" anymore, and there's very little in her game which you could say would pose a specific problem for Maria.

18majors
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Would be nice if you mentioned what player you're talking about when starting a new line. And you, or doomsday for that matter, still haven't explained what your point is in regards to those matches in Rome you mentioned.

IDGAF about what Steven said about Azarenka, I don't care about that comparison because it was posted totally random and has nothing to do with the players we're discussing here.

The vibe of my post makes you think that Cibulkova is a better player than Sharapova? Really now? I said she was a better defensive player and a better mover, which is basically the truth about Maria's opponents 90% of the time because Maria, face it, is not the best mover/defender around. :lol: This crap about 'fan-like' tones of speaking is ridiculious. And I didn't imply that Cibulkova was a bigger threat Sharapova than to Azarenka, where the hell did you get that from? If you take a look at the WWW thread and Vika's subforum for R4, I'm basically saying Cibulkova is an extremely tough match-up for her right now. Right now I'm saying that she's also one for Maria, in my opinion.

Cibulkova is clearly dangerous when she is on, but can she be on for 2 solid sets to beat either Azarenka or Maria?

s teddy
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Taking a guess at how this argument started, I will just say this: Cibulkova may be a much better clay-court player than Azarenka, but she will not defeat her. Their Miami match is proof of that.

Break My Rapture
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM
Comparing Li to Cibulkova is a TERRIBLE misreading of their games. Li, despite her brainless ballbasher tag, actually wins most of her points by working them and winning relatively long rallies - the reason she's such a tough match-up for Maria is because she's more than comfortable absorbing Maria's pace, and she's excellent at creating angles and exploiting Maria's mediocre movement.

That's NOT the case with Cibulkova. Although she's probably capable of generating more raw pace herself than Li is, she usually looks to win her points with just one or two big shots, rather than working the point. She's not good at creating angles, she can only hit straight, even if with a lot of pace - but that's not as effective against Maria. Add to that that she's pretty appalling at redirecting pace herself - whenever she goes up against an aggressive player, she always tries to hit huge shots off her opponent's huge shots, which inevitably fails because she just doesn't have the body strength to do that consistently - plus the fact that, as said she never tries to just "push" anymore, and there's very little in her game which you could say would pose a specific problem for Maria.
You should be telling that to jamesshazza. I was not the one to bring a Li/Sharapova comparison into this. He did, and I asked him why twice and still haven't received an answer. But that's fine because I'm friggin done with this anyway.
Cibulkova is clearly dangerous when she is on, but can she be on for 2 solid sets to beat either Azarenka or Maria?
I'm not sure if she can hold onto a high level for two solid sets, she has choked multiple times in her career. I just think she's a troublesome match-up for both on this surface. The dynamics of previous matches Cibulkova played against both show this IMO.

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:37 PM

Yes.

:facepalm: at people underrating Cibulkova.

I am an Azarenka fan (well fan is a strong word but if stan>>>fan and that fan can stay kinda moderate then I am a fan), and with that level of play, Vika totally can go home after her match to Cibulkova.

GoofyDuck
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Lets just all hope Cibulkova beats Azarenka and we have proof :yeah:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Lets just all hope Cibulkova beats Azarenka and we have proof :yeah:

Even if that happens (which I doubt), how would that be proof that she's a tough match-up for Maria? :confused:

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Even if that happens (which I doubt), how would that be proof that she's a tough match-up for Maria? :confused:

Oh god stop stanning Maria !!!!!!

Maria is not the GOAT, period.

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM

the better question is, why is Cibulkova's game being compared to Maria's at all...is she the fave to reach the final now?:confused:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM

How exactly is saying a mediocre player who's never been in the top 10 in her life wouldn't be a tough match-up for someone equivalent to saying they're the GOAT? :spit:

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
the better question is, why is Cibulkova's game being compared to Maria's at all...is she the fave to reach the final now?:confused:

Well I am not shocked by that since you guys (you, Queenpova, doomsday and dsanders) bring Maria everywhere in GM. :lol:

How exactly is saying a mediocre player who's never been in the top 10 in her life wouldn't be a tough match-up for someone equivalent to saying they're the GOAT? :spit:

Just like you making fun of Serena stans in your sig for thinking Serena was able to CRUSH Razzano :shrug: ??? I don't think the fact Domi has never been in top 10 should automatically mean Sharapova is safe when playing her :tape:

dsanders06
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
Well I am not shocked by that since you guys (you, Queenpova, doomsday and dsanders) bring Maria everywhere in GM. :lol:

Bringing her "everywhere in GM"? This is her results thread :spit:

Just like you making fun of Serena stans in your sig for thinking Serena was able to CRUSH Razzano :shrug: ??? I don't think the fact Domi has never been in top 10 should automatically mean Sharapova is safe when playing her :tape:

:facepalm: Except I've never said at any point that Maria would be guaranteed to beat Cibulkova. I simply said there's no evidence atall that she's a specific bad match-up for Maria, and whether or not she beats Azarenka won't change that.

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM

You do realize that this thread is about Maria and not Vika or Cibulkova right?:lol:
I don't even know how Cibulkova's name got here but like I said we're far from the finals now bring the Queen on Center Court.

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Bringing her "everywhere in GM"? This is her results thread :spit:

No I said I was not shocked that Cibulkova is brought up here because usually it's you guys with Maria lbr. :lol:

:facepalm: Except I've never said at any point that Maria would be guaranteed to beat Cibulkova. I simply said there's no evidence atall that she's a specific bad match-up for Maria, and whether or not she beats Azarenka won't change that.

TBH it sounded that way.

jameshazza
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
My point about the Li vs. Domi match was that her glorious ballbashing couldn't do shit. It was just feeding NaNa, as it would Masha. And gurl, if you read my post again you'll realise its not hard one bit to understand in terms of context. :facepalm:

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
I know we used to dislike each other but you are one of the few decent Pova fans. :hearts:

We did? :speakles:

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:03 PM

Debby dislike pretty much everyone I used to dislike, we support each other :lol:

debby
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM

Not really, I was more annoyed at you when Henin was still playing :rolls: Were you not annoyed at me when I tried to troll GM? :oh:

Debby dislike pretty much everyone I used to dislike.:lol:

Gurl, just no. :lol: I love Bandabou and oliviasmith.

Matt01
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Why can't you agree that Cibulkova might be very annoying to play for Maria ? :o

Because Pova fans are as arrogant as their fave.(not all of them)

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM

we do?:confused:
Actually most of us discuss her and her game in SS subforum and GM game threads - just like it should be. The ones who are constantly dragging her name arround are her rabid haters:wavey:

doomsday
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Gurl, just no. :lol: I love Bandabou and oliviasmith.

Bandabou is fine and olivia from time to time.:lol:

Craig.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Not really, I was more annoyed at you when Henin was still playing :rolls: Were you not annoyed at me when I tried to troll GM? :oh:

Yes, exactly. I found you annoying, but I didn't hate you or anything :lol:

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Bandabou is fine and olivia from time to time.:lol:

Oh god no. Biggest biased troll here along with i.luv.kvitty.