PDA

View Full Version : RG 3R:[21]Tiny Italian Hummingbird Sara Pluck [13]Serbian Peak Peacock Ana 16 75 63

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
maybe this will teach Peak Peacock's fans not to boast too early about her return to the SEWTA Top 10 :facepalm:

http://www.skeeart.com/images/peacock-plucked.jpg

but this surely opens the draw up for the Vulture who loves Hummingbirds in her diet :lick:

Queenpova
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/ByeBitch.gif

azinna
Brain-farty from Ana.
Skilful and crafty from Errani.

Ivanovic2008
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:09 PM
I thought Ana was better than that but apparently not.
That was just fucking hideous :sobbing:

duhcity
The picture :lol:

Ana was..blah.

vspak
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyipu18qRn1qh17feo3_250.gif

Craig.
The "Bye Bitch" GIF is so appropriate right now.

Sammo
:spit:

jrm
Sara :woohoo: surely enough for top20 now?

Ana still hasn't fixed her ball toss

Kon.
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:10 PM
This is kind of disappointing :awww:
Ana played so well in the 1st set. But then.. yeah.

Polikarpov
Frak you, Ana. I skipped work to watch your shitty display.

saul1333
Ana :sobbing:

Hashim.
lol. Easy way to win against Ana...just play to her backhand.

The commentators in the first set:facepalm: Saying no reason she can't win RG.:rolleyes:

LegionArgentina
Well played by Sara in the last two sets :yeah:
If she would have another serve it will be a different story :oh:

Viktymise
What a joker this Ivanovic is. :lol:

Errani literally doing nothing for the last few games, and all VIP kept doing was missing FHs by about a meter each time.

Jane Lane
My god. :hysteric: But my FITD is saved!

LadyB
lol

Mistress of Evil
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/tennis/2ry5xz7.gif?t=1310317902

Ivanovic becoming Almighty One Jr.'s 8th TOP 20 win; and second win over a GS champ after Mauresmo back in 2009. :worship: Good for you, Ana.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu98roTRRv1r4wwjxo1_500.gif

Almighty One Jr. booking the meeting with Almighty One Senior.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/tennis/11w8sva.gif

Smitten
Errani is so underrated, so overlooked.

The balance, the always-on shot selection, the RACQUETHEAD skill and manipulation. She'll never get the credit as a player she deserves. Much more thoughtful than Agatha or her stans think Radwanska is.

Commentators: "Ivanovic was fistpumping two points into the match."

Patrick345
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
I thought Ana was better than that but apparently not.
That was just fucking hideous :sobbing:

It was very good from Ana for two sets. Then she was having another meltdown. Very strong performance from Errani. If Kuznetsova gets rid of Radwanska, who knows hwo far Errani can go. :eek::p

Marilyn Monheaux
:facepalm:

dsanders06
I've never seen a match be so completely and utterly on someone's racquet only for them to lose it :lol:

Whatever.

Maryamator
Congrats Errani! Way too many unforced errors by Ana :(

vozas
:facepalm: that's all I have to say

FORZA SARITA
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM
so proud of my girl :hug:
that second set was such high quality :hearts:
she's such a weaponless pusher :awww: has no game and just wait for errors :awww:
3 titles, AO QF and R4 in FO suck it haters :wavey:

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/2iky4jq.gif

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/2me9u21.gif

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/25yuj2c.gif

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/2ag6urd.gif

no GIFs for Ivanovic, i feel pity for her when does the ajde/fistpumps/jumps combo :awww:

Juju Nostalgique
Disgusting. :weirdo:

Viktymise
The balance, the always-on shot selection, the RACQUETHEAD skill and manipulation. She'll never get the credit as a player she deserves. Much more thoughtful than Agatha or her stans think Radwanska is.

Were we watching a different match? Errani is even more harmless than Nobodniacki and Queen Vulture.

Darop.
weird match.....
set 1 = peak ivanovic
set 2 = good match
set 3 = nadir ivanovic

Frak you, Ana. I skipped work to watch your shitty display.

OMFG :spit: People skip work to watch tennis?

Vamos Feńa
Sara :woohoo: surely enough for top20 now?

Ana still hasn't fixed her ball toss

:eek::eek: Damn, it's the first time you're actually happy in your post and not bitter. That is something...

LegionArgentina
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM
lol. Easy way to win against Ana...just play to her backhand.

The commentators in the first set:facepalm: Saying o reason she can't win RG.:rolleyes:

Yeah her backhand is shamefull and also bring back to the net zone or wait till she rush on it, because has not clue at all :lol: , Sara in the other hand has great volley skills :worship:

bobito
Thank you Sara. I shall spend the money you won me wisely (in other words good beer not the cheap stuff).

claypova
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/ByeBitch.gif

this!

TheBoiledEgg
what a hopeless way to lose, spraying balls everywhere :(

Vamos Feńa

Even worse: to watch Ana... :lol::lol:

tennis-insomniac
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:14 PM
:lol: saw this coming. Errani has become stronger mentally and physically which shows why she won this match and also many before since the beginning of the season.

Ana was brilliant in the first set but then she could not maintain the level and Errani took control most of the points, hitting balls to Ana's backhand, drawing Ana to the net and finish the points off by maneuvering good volleys. She is very smart in this match.

At the third set, Ana lost control and was responsible for her own demise, blasting the balls and made unforced errors left and right.

Errani done a great job and totally deserves the win. Hope she can keep this up :)

MS
Well done Sara, I haven't seen the match, but big win!

Ivanovic2008
It was very good from Ana for two sets. Then she was having another meltdown. Very strong performance from Errani. If Kuznetsova gets rid of Radwanska, who knows hwo far Errani can go. :eek::p

Oops I should have been clearer I was talking about the third set because that was certainly a mess but I forget to put anything in there to specify that.

Tennis Fool
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:15 PM
I've never seen a match be so completely and utterly on someone's racquet only for them to lose it :lol:

Whatever.
Um, Serena? 5*-1, 2nd set tb.

rnwerner
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:15 PM
It was a very good match.
Quality-wise the 2nd set was the best set of the tournament.
The 3rd set was a huge disappointment, especially from ivanovic who hit a lot of silly errors (at the net).
All in all, a good match. Ivanovic was dominant in 1st set, both were good in 2nd set (a lot of great rallies), disappointing 3rd set.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:16 PM
Were we watching a different match? Errani is even more harmless than Nobodniacki and Queen Vulture.

did you see second set?:spit: stay pressed :hug:

Vikapower
Could the WTA invent a system that would block Ivanovic away from the top 10 already ? She didn't make it there but you just know she'll make it in the future, the girls between 7-30 are so uncompetitive for now that Weakanovic is riding upon. :facepalm:

Smitten

People always act like Errani can't do anything on the court. It's getting ridiculous. Errani has some great matches where she has played proactive tennis.

Today, yes she won with defending, grinding, and some Ivanovic UE, but let's not act like Errani can't do anything. She's so good.

thegreendestiny
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Top 10 Ana :rocker2:

Beat
of course errani has physical disadavantages and not the flashiest shots - BUT she was tactically so much better and showed way more heart than ivanovic. well done!

serendipitynow
Ana noooooooooo.. :sobbing:

from that superb 1st set.. :facepalm:

Kismet
Errani played well, upped her level, and then Ivanovic didn't know what to do after that. Once Ana lost confidence, Errani found her opening, kept attacking the backhand, and her defense was just too good.

Ivanovic still obviously has a lot of work to do. The top ten hype was too early, too much. She needs to keep taking these baby steps, and keep chipping away at improving.

stromatolite
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Way to go Sara.:yeah: Didn't expect this, but couldn't be more delighted. Hope she can keep it going!

jrm
:eek::eek: Damn, it's the first time you're actually happy in your post and not bitter. That is something...

90% of posts here are negative, why should i be any different :wavey:

why is everyone call me bitter :tape: negative yes, but not bitter

and i have a follower here :hearts:

Beat

yes, obviously we DID watch a different match.

Viktymise
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
did you see second set?:spit: stay pressed :hug:

Pressed? I hate VIP.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist everytime somebody says something about players you like because of their nationality.

Tenis Srbija
Serbian WTA tennis...you did it again! :yeah:

http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201206/5407/ybg3x.gif?1338547237

Craig.
People always act like Errani can't do anything on the court. It's getting ridiculous. Errani has some great matches where she has played proactive tennis.

Today, yes she won with defending, grinding, and some Ivanovic UE, but let's not act like Errani can't do anything. She's so good.

Is this really Smitten? :sobbing:

But yes I agree, she's very underrated.

Nicolas
Ewww :o

thegreendestiny
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM

:haha:

Tennis Fool
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM

Great misogynist gif :yeah:

Madoka
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:23 PM
it has been a really nice match.

1st set Ivanovic played an amazing tennis and she started the 2nd breaking Errani

But after that game Errani started playing a stunning tennis, volč, dropshots, lobs : a really nice and enjoyable tennis.

In the 3rd set Ivanovic played worse and Errani could easily win it.

So, can we agree Errani is not a pusher ?

She deserves to be a top20.

stromatolite
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:24 PM
Is this really Smitten? :sobbing:

But yes I agree, she's very underrated.

Obviously not, somebody has obviously hacked his account, but let's just enjoy the illusion while it lasts :lol:

melodynelson
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:24 PM

There were large portions of the match where Errani was doing the ONE thing no one can do against Ana, who also does her fair share of bullshitting--coming to net and taking advantage of her stupid backhand slices for flat out volley winners or get her in position for the volley winner. Doing that is what turned the match around, because before Ana was just dominating, but once Errani started moving the ball, coming to net, exposing the Ana movement, Ana up to that point had barely hit any errors at all, but eventually it got to her and she slowly unraveled. To be honest, Ana played a perfect match or about as perfect as she could until early in the third, but that is the kind of player she has become.

Errani has some serious skills and she used every single one of them to win this match today. She can't serve and isn't very powerful, but she can construct points beautifully, change direction, slice, volley, drop shot, angle. Not every match, but when she needed to, today, she did. Bravíssima, Sara.

Tenis Srbija
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM

5 players (VIP, Empress, BoJo, Dolonc and Krunić) managed to score 5 wins ( :rolleyes: ) and 5 losses (4 against lower ranked players :weirdo: ).
Two former No1, two former Top100 and one promising player...
Well...that would be it. Gotta cheer for some remaining peasant now :oh:

Polikarpov

Because I'm retarded. Like my fave.

Petronius
so proud of my girl :hug:
that second set was such high quality :hearts:
she's such a weaponless pusher :awww: has no game and just wait for errors :awww:
3 titles, AO QF and R4 in FO suck it haters :wavey:

Didn't watch, but I like Sara too. Maybe not so talented, but she works very hard. Congrats!

Darop.
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
I think people should stop saying "disgusting" "horrible", etc... everytime Ana loses a match. If you're expecting her to play like she used to when she was number one and comparing her current play to that, it's just not gonna happen. She's obviously never going to be the same player she used to be, sad as it is :shrug: I hope I'm wrong though.

LoveMeansZero
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Does she have to pump her fist for EVERY fucking point? This is so fucking annoying! One of these days, she's going to hurt her left hand. Guaranteed!

sammy01
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:28 PM
top players don't get even pushed by errani, let alone lose to them, ivanovic is not a top player.

errani realised early 2nd set that getting ana to strech on her backhand resorts in a junk slice these days and sara popped them off at the net with ease. this started the ivanovic panic as she knew she would have to go for it even more because she was getting picked off by errani of all people lol. by the end she was going for 1 shot rallies and spraying errors like a boss.

Sean.
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Fuck you Ana, fuck you. Buy a fucking brain or retire! :sobbing:

Cp6uja
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM
Ana has no fitness at all anymore to play competitive third sets against solid and fit opponents, but she has everything to outclass on clay opponents like Errani in two easy sets.
Why she changed hers totally aggressive game strategy from 1st set I will never understund. This is by far worst result for Ana in last 10 months, because Roland Garros should to be hers peak of the season, but she lose so early against beatable opponent already in 3rd round. There no excuses for this, and TOP5 level which she shows in 1st set only make all this things even more painful.

I really hope that this hard loss will not destroy everything good which Ana build in last 10 months in hers way of comeback.

Steadyniacki
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Well done Errani! :worship:

Tenis Srbija
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Ana has no fitness at all anymore to play competitive third sets against solid and fit opponents, but she has everything to outclass on clay opponents like Errani in two easy sets.
Why she changed hers totally aggressive game strategy from 1st set I will never understund. This is by far worst result for Ana in last 10 months, because Roland Garros should to be hers peak of the season, but she lose so early against beatable opponent already in 3rd round. There no excuses for this, and TOP5 level which she shows in 1st set only make all this things even more painful.

I really hope that this hard loss will not destroy everything good which Ana build in last 10 months in hers way of comeback.

You jinxed her. Yes you did... You jinxed her big time.

Miracle Worker
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Fuck you Ana, fuck you. Buy a fucking brain or retire! :sobbing:

I agree :sad:

Sean.
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:40 PM

This is why you don't make stupid threads about her and how well she's playing and how she's going to crush her opponents. You just end up with egg on your face! :rolleyes:

Morrissey
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:44 PM
Ivanovic is slim she's gotten into good shape that's not the problem. The problem for Ivanovic I feel is her backhand she REALLY needs to improve that shot. I also think Ivanovic needs a sports psychologist if she doesn't already have one.

Dexter
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Credit to Errani, she played outstanding in sets 2 & 3. I dont understand why Ana lost her focus on the court in the 3rd set. :o

peterlein
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
oh no ana :facepalm:

I don't understand why she skipped her level so dramatically after that superb 1st set :rolleyes:

she still had all chances to win it in 2, by breaking errani at 5-5* second set, but she just had no patience...

ana has the game to beat everyone, but obviously not the brain

that makes the difference

Mary Cherry.
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM
The "Bye Bitch" GIF is so appropriate right now.

Unfortunately it's also so overused right now.

StephenUK
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Saw the last two sets on ITV3. Very good performance from Errani, clever mix of shots, stayed with Ana, very few errors. Ana had the game to dominate Errani but was unable to impose herself, due to her propensity to hit too many unforced errors, especially at key moments and at the end of the match. So many breaks of serve, Errani always looked vulnerable on her serve, but once the rally contained more than about three shots, she always looked more likely to win, outmanoeuvring Ana, forcing an error. Errani is so quick about the court, she won some amazing rallies having to cover the entire court. Well done to her!

Renalicious
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:55 PM
Ana played so well in the first set. :help:

colt13
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:06 PM
High quality match for 2 sets.

So much similarity between this and the Schiavone/Pironkova match yesterday. Both Italians never held serve in the first set, only getting a break, and then wearing down their opponent.

Just Do It
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Bravo, frog face, bravo.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llvkbp3jL41qbn691.gif

Qalahari
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Sara :hearts:
VIP :help: :facepalm: :help:

JN
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM
Boooooooo!!!! :fiery: :no:

dizoo
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Ana and her fistpumps are so annoying! also the thing she does with her feet...
glad Errani sent her home! :worship:

Ryan
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
:rolleyes: Gross result. This Quarter is dead to me now.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, Sara just aimed at Ana's BH most of the time and 4/5 shots from her BH would definitely be out/to the net.:o
Well done Sara for toughing it out but Ana.:haha: :tape:

danieln1
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:20 PM
Just retire to prevent more embarassing losses like this, clearly reached a new low losing to this annoying player.

Ellery
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:26 PM
omg amaze :inlove: Sara :hearts: Keep going gurl.

Sexysova
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:36 PM
congrats Errani, deserved win :yeah:

Ana's BH is probably one of the worst shot in WTA these days, she can't do anything with it :o

Balltossovic
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Glad I didn't wake up at 5 a.m. for this shit:facepalm:

Beny
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Shame for tennis.

Errani will be out so soon as Sveta or other player who is not mental midget like Ana stands opposite her.

I cant bear watching her, even Wozniacki would outpower her to a 1 and 0 result.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:53 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Disgusting Ana :rolleyes: :o

tejmeglekvár
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:54 PM
well done, saving WTA :cheer:

first set was NID, Errani so harmless from serve & baseline, and even VIP can rally with her BH, no rush. :zzz:
Luckily she has some kind of brain, in 2nd set started moving more forward to kill VIPs easy junk/slices, also moving VIP forward to catch her off balance, not just in actual rallies but made VIP mentally less secure. Result is couple wonky service games and more rushing, the usual death of VIP. :yeah:
3rd set was just pure VIP comedy. :drool:

2nd career top15 win.

PMBH
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
This match was a perfect example of why Ana is no longer winning the big titles. But it also showed why she may be a top contender again one day. Her play in the first set was absolutely outstanding. Good serving, sublime forehand, and a solid backhand. But one toilet break by Errani later, and Ana is a completely different player. Tons of stupid errors, horrible serving, and a sudden complete lack of confidence. What's going on, Ana?

Shonami Slam
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
errani solidifies herself as a red clay of great caliber, and as a mental giant trapped inside a midget body.
one more win and perhaps she can get back to proper YEC contention, especially since serena bombed out early and kim announced she ain't playing after USopen.

Shivank17
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Peak Peacock last just 5 sets at RG :crying2:

Really disappointing :o :facepalm:

Vikapower
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
BTW had Ana been top 10 like it's inevitably going to happen, Errani would have probably gotten her first ever win over a top 10 player --

I've seen a stat of that sort strolling around there on the Italian -- please do not make Ivanovic top 10 ever.

NyCPsU
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:10 PM
top players don't get even pushed by errani, let alone lose to them, ivanovic is not a top player.

errani realised early 2nd set that getting ana to strech on her backhand resorts in a junk slice these days and sara popped them off at the net with ease. this started the ivanovic panic as she knew she would have to go for it even more because she was getting picked off by errani of all people lol. by the end she was going for 1 shot rallies and spraying errors like a boss.

This is exactly what happened. Sara :worship:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Pressed? I hate VIP.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist everytime somebody says something about players you like because of their nationality.

no, i just get angry when tennis experts like you keep posting the same bullshit saying she's a pusher and waits just for errors, if you really watched the match you could NEVER write such things, Sara raised her level in the second set attacking the net and finishing the points with volleys for good part of the set, not Sara's fault if Ana lost her mind in the 3nd spraying errors all over the court :weirdo:
and you're the same poster who's still pissed with Schiavone because of Dementieva :lol: enough said and STFU it's better :wavey:

CuteKoala
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Great job, Sara! :worship:

http://www7.pic-upload.de/01.06.12/j7je1clsqsf5.jpg

barmaid
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Very disappointing results for Ana I especially after her dominating first set 6-1 but Errani elevated her play:worship: and Ana couldn't recoup her first set form, she has this annoying habit of celebrating points with spins and great gyrations,:p wasting all her time and energy when she should be focusing on the next point!:rolleyes:

Barmaid:wavey:

doooma6816
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM
I can't...:sad: she had the best opportunity to make QF for the firt time since 2008...fuck it.

Temperenka
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM
It's hilarious to me that so many people (mostly Ivanovic fans) thought she had this in the bag. Errani has 3 clay court titles this year.

Sorry Ana, but the better player won.

Good luck against Svetlana, Sara :yeah:

JoPova
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
I'm so happy for Sara! 2012 has been an amazing year for her! Good lucvk against Sveta! :cheer:

Infiniti2001
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ana, Ana *SMH*

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
This was a fascinating match and one that was very much to Sara's credit. A match she should be very proud of.

I rather expected based on the form both players had shown in the 1st two rounds for Ana to win this fairly routinely. She had looked very good in her 1st two rounds whereas Sara had looked solid but to be honest, quite unspectacular, and definately not at her inspired best.

The first set pretty much confirmed the form both had shown in the 1st two rounds but then Sara really did pick up her level admirably. She stop making so many errors, while at the same time playing more aggressively, and reducing ones errors while increasing ones aggressive is NEVER easy. The dropshots started working and she began attacking the net regularly too.

The fascinately thing was this. As Sara got better as the 2nd set developed Ana got worse. It was almost as if all the confidence she had when she was winning easily evaporated the as moment the match became competitive. By the 3rd set Sara was playing at a very high level, close to her very best but Ana was a shadow of the player she was in the 1st set. Definately Ana will have a lot to talk about with Nigel Sears.

Absolutely delighted with Sara's win and it does confirm that she is a genuinely underrated player on this board. Quarters in the AO and now 4th round in RG. Should be top 20 after this tournament or very close. Don't think I see Sara reaching the top 10 this year but if she can maintain her current level top 15 is definatly realistic and that 1st top 10 that everyone asks about surely will come at some point this year too.

vanillalatte
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Oh Ana :sobbing:

18majors
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Ana is clearly a top 5 WTA talent but too bad it doesn't mean too much unless she uses to win.

Charlatan
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
disappointg ana! she always fails to take advantage of her draws...had a great chance to make the 2nd week and get back to top 10...of course, she didn't make it

evana
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
:rolleyes: :banghead: :smash: :sad: :no: :rolleyes:

Doully
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:06 PM
Ana :(
If you can't take advantage of such a brilliant draw then I just don't know.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Gainsy/tumblr_lmlzq9WFMU1qaoq1c.gif

Pebbles
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:09 PM
I knew as soon as Ana started smiling and getting comfortable at the start of the third that she'd bow out :sad: Credit to Errani, she's was very consistent and played well.

BlueTrees
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:20 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/11kh09g.gif

monmonito
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
it seems Sara play good in Gs and also clay courts...bye Ana ... at first I thought she's playing good but with this result uuuggghh

Darop.
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:28 PM
Shame for tennis.

Errani will be out so soon as Sveta or other player who is not mental midget like Ana stands opposite her.

I cant bear watching her, even Wozniacki would outpower her to a 1 and 0 result.

So, what's good for tennis is having a sloppy mental midget who can't keep a rally longer than 3 shots, as opposed to a gritty player who succesfully constructs points and uses all the court.

My my, we have a true tennis expert here! :yeah:

Beat
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:28 PM
The dropshots started working and she began attacking the net regularly too.

i LOVED that dropshot off ivanovic's serve. :hearts:

Shame for tennis.

please hope over to MTF, will ya?

it's always funny when some hafeful, biased posters pretend they actually saw the match.

JAS_
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Thank you Sara for taking out the trash :hearts:

http://i51.tinypic.com/11kh09g.gif

Says a fan of a player who took 1 (ONE!) game from Radwanska. :help::weirdo:

Stonerpova
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
At least she has the distinction of being the first mentally retarded slam champ in history :cheer:

MB.
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM
Opportunity wasted. Errani's a good player though, so nothing to be too ashamed about.

The Kaz
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM
Thank you Sara :hearts:

sav001
Jun 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
i LOVED that dropshot off ivanovic's serve. :hearts:

please hope over to MTF, will ya?

it's always funny when some hafeful, biased posters pretend they actually saw the match.

I watched the match. Ana was brilliant in the first set hitting 16 winners and only 3 errors and overpowering Errani. Then Errani took a toilet break and Ana imploded, hitting errors of every shot. To be honest Errani didn't have to do too much, except keep the ball in play. So disappointing for Ana, she always wastes good draws and this time it was all on her racket.

Leo_DFP
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM
Ugh, really annoying. I have to say this loss is concerning, and the most disappointing of the year for Ana. Her draw had so much potential.

As someone else said in this thread, she's just got to keep making baby steps. She's a solid Top 15 player which she hasn't been since 4 years ago, at least.

StoneRose
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
I saw the first set. Ana played very solid there. No wild shots, just good tennis. Hard to believe she still lost in the end as Sara looked really helpless there.

zigga
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
Why did you lose peacock?? :sobbing:

Smith Saybrook
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:30 PM
LoL to all the stans fawning over Ivanovic coming to snatch wigs.

MM Queen slays.

hablo
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Peacock? Why are posters calling her that? :spit:

Beat
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:39 PM
I watched the match. Ana was brilliant in the first set hitting 16 winners and only 3 errors and overpowering Errani. Then Errani took a toilet break and Ana imploded, hitting errors of every shot. To be honest Errani didn't have to do too much, except keep the ball in play. So disappointing for Ana, she always wastes good draws and this time it was all on her racket.

wow, you watched the match and still have nothing more substantial to say?

this "she didn't have too do much" crap is just not cutting it anymore, i'm sick of it. people who post such vapidness are quite obviously not interested in tennis.

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Peacock? Why are posters calling her that? :spit:

you didn't see my thread Which SEWTA Birdie Will Make SF :hysteric:

Derek.
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:03 PM
Just when everyone thought Ana was playing more consistent. :lol: :o

Zamboni
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM
This thread. :facepalm:
People are going to pretend forever that Sara sucks at tennis, aren't they? :lol: :help: After all, she's only won 3 singles and 5 doubles titles in the first 5 months of the year.
Sara does what she needs to do to win, she's got a lot of tennis intelligence. And if bringing balls back is what she needs to do, it's what she does.

Anyway, I need to watch this match asap. :sobbing: Saw only the last 6 games of the 3rd set.
So happy though. :cheer: :hearts: 2nd time in her career she makes the 2nd week of a Slam. :D

UDACHi
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:53 PM
errani on FIYA.

bobito
Jun 1st, 2012, 06:11 PM
This thread. :facepalm:
People are going to pretend forever that Sara sucks at tennis, aren't they? :lol: :help: After all, she's only won 3 singles and 5 doubles titles in the first 5 months of the year.
Sara does what she needs to do to win, she's got a lot of tennis intelligence. And if bringing balls back is what she needs to do, it's what she does.

Anyway, I need to watch this match asap. :sobbing: Saw only the last 6 games of the 3rd set.
So happy though. :cheer: :hearts: 2nd time in her career she makes the 2nd week of a Slam. :D

You'd have to look very hard to find a better tennis brain on the WTA tour. She's a great little player and deserves everything she's got this year.

pedropt
Jun 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM
Oh Ana, what a missed opportunity :(

Richie's
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks Sarrita!!!

Fantasy Hero
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM
Sara showed that you don't need to be physically gifted of a terrific body and talent to shine and win big matches and make it to the 2nd week of GS...my trainer used to say, hard work always pay off sooner or later and it's hard to believe if you keep failing, but then you see her fighting spirit and everything and it's just great for all the people out there who don't have so much talent, but a big heart to fight until the very end :hug: so proud of you Sara

FORZA SARITA
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:10 PM
Sara showed that you don't need to be physically gifted of a terrific body and talent to shine and win big matches and make it to the 2nd week of GS...my trainer used to say, hard work always pay off sooner or later and it's hard to believe if you keep failing, but then you see her fighting spirit and everything and it's just great for all the people out there who don't have so much talent, but a big heart to fight until the very end :hug: so proud of you Sara

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/snow-white.gif

nevetssllim
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
Woop woop. Congrats Sara!

Marionated
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:26 PM

:worship:

Bit in bold, their 1st round match here three years ago being a good example.

Sara :bounce:

Let.them.talk
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:44 PM
I liked Sara getting into the match and picking Ivanovic from her feet and depositing her off the court :)

Corswandt
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
How VIP keeps losing these matches vs players who are ideal matchups for her is beyond me. I mean, time and again VIP would just tee off Errani's "serve", be it 1st or 2nd, Errani's loopy puffballs pose zero threat to VIP's shaky BH timing (flat shots are like kryptonite to it), she was given the time to hit as many full-swing FHs as she wanted, yet again she pooped herself on the court, hilarity ensuing.

Errani did pwn VIP in a number of touch shot exchanges at the net, and several times managed to put away VIP's defensive junk there; all that scrambling back and forth was probably crucial in wearing down VIP physically and mentally until the embarrassing final meltdown.

Slampova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:18 AM
I actually feel bad for Ana, could have been back in the Top 10 :sobbing:

Hurley
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:36 AM
Ana is clearly a top 5 WTA talent

:scared:

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:51 AM
:yeah: Sara

Andy.
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:59 AM
I really thought Ana had this one. Sara is tough but I thought she would have had enough to get thru in a hard fought match. Such an opportunity wasted.

SELVEN
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:59 AM
Did I feel disappoint? yes
Did I hurt? yes
Did I unexpect? no
Say something to Ana Ivanovic. F#$K OFF