PDA

View Full Version : Roland-Garros R64 - Julia def. Heather Watson 6-3 6-4

Vikapower
May 31st, 2012, 07:08 PM
Pretty good stuff by Julia unless that little loss of concentration after the break at 2-0.

Julia has such a pretty good draw just hope she doesn't f-ck it up :sobbing: Next Rus.

saul1333
May 31st, 2012, 07:08 PM
Good stuff :yeah:

Too bad I couldnt pay much attention :sad:

Kon.
May 31st, 2012, 07:09 PM
Well done Julia!
A great chance to reach RG R4 for the first time. :cheer:

Jimmie48
May 31st, 2012, 07:09 PM
Good match from Julia.

Solid stuff from Heather in the 2nd, she hung in there pretty nicely. That ROS on Julia's MP though... :sobbing:

$uricate
May 31st, 2012, 07:10 PM
:)

Please use this draw.

Pretty good stuff by Julia unless that little loss of concentration after the break at 2-0.

Julia has such a pretty good draw just hope she doesn't f-ck it up :sobbing: Next Rus.

If she loses to Rus :o

Gilas.
easy squeezy lemon piecy :cheer:
Hev :hug: too many errors today.

joão.
:inlove:

Libertango
Heather really needs to beef her game up, but she competed really well :yeah:

Goerges can be so good but also so streaky. I've only just noticed how much she struts around the court :tape:

V-MAC
May 31st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Hevva had a real opportunity to make noise in that second set........pity.

Joe.
May 31st, 2012, 07:12 PM
Just not good enough today from Heather :shrug: Didn't play anywhere near as well as she did against Vesnina but at least she's defended her points from last year- even though that means she'll most likely drop in the rankings :o

Julia simply hits the ball so much harder than little Heather.

I was actually quite happy to see Heather hit her racket at the end of the match after missing two forehand returns in a row- it shows that she knows she could've played better today! Still, I'm proud of her for this week, 4 wins on clay is a great result!

Onto the grass now for Heather! :cheer:

theFutureisNow
May 31st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Goerges can be so good but also so streaky. I've only just noticed how much she struts around the court :tape:

She might as well- Julia is the best looking woman in tennis.

rickxx
May 31st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Good win. Now make it to the QF, girl. Claypova vs Jules would be :hearts:

dsanders06
May 31st, 2012, 07:16 PM
I was surprised how happy I felt when this result came through. Watson annoys me, but I really can't figure out why :lol:

Stonerpova
May 31st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Boring match.

Looking good for a Masha/Julia 4R :drool:

Mixal
May 31st, 2012, 07:19 PM
I was surprised how happy I felt when this result came through. Watson annoys me, but I really can't figure out why :lol:

She's black? :oh:

Sorry, I had to.

Vikapower
May 31st, 2012, 07:20 PM

It's QF. ;)

If she loses to Rus :o

:o Just hope she doesn't. She has all the weapons, her game is in place, this should really be a straight-forward affair similar to Heather today I hope.

Only the laps of concentration I'm kind of worried about.

Johnbert
May 31st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Boring match.

they would meet in the quarterfinal, not r4. probaly opponent for jule in r4 is woz.

Dawson.
May 31st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Julia too good today. Controlled aggression - she's in the quarters if she keeps this up.

Nice fight from Heather. Could have served better and mixed it up a little, but a closer scoreline than I was expecting.

Stonerpova
May 31st, 2012, 07:24 PM
they would meet in the quarterfinal, not r4. probaly opponent for jule in r4 is woz.

Oh yeah duh. That's even better. Julia will have to beat her lapdog Wozniacki to set up the QF :hearts:

madmax
May 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Well done Jules:cheer:
Take care of the next two peasants and we'll get a glamorous big hitting QF on dirt

Charlatan
May 31st, 2012, 07:29 PM
Oh yeah duh. That's even better. Julia will have to beat her lapdog Wozniacki to set up the QF :hearts:

:rolls:

manu32
May 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
plz the OP,don't post "Julia",have no idea,only you are a friend of Georges in real life on this forum probably..?

Aravanecaravan
May 31st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Go Julia! :)

Vikapower
May 31st, 2012, 07:39 PM
plz the OP,don't post "Julia",have no idea,only you are a friend of Georges in real life on this forum probably..?

:lol: C'est quoi le souci ? T'est toujours derrière moi -- :lol: Sérieux, il y as une si grande différence entre Julia et Julia Goerges -- :facepalm:

Bizarrement mais non sans surprise finalement t'est le seul à me faire la remarque :facepalm: tu est vraiment parano mon vieux. :lol:

Dodoboy.
May 31st, 2012, 07:39 PM

Sorry, I had to.
:worship:

doomsday
May 31st, 2012, 07:41 PM

Sorry, I had to.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that was so MEAN.

Libertango
May 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM
:tape: @ Mixal :worship:

Jimmie48
May 31st, 2012, 07:47 PM

So fans aren't allowed to refer to players by their first name anymore? :confused:

Stonerpova
May 31st, 2012, 07:49 PM
So fans aren't allowed to refer to players by their first name anymore? :confused:

Apparently not :lol:

I don't know if it's just me, but I always have to take a second and check my spelling of "Goerges" because it never looks right. Julia's just easier :lol:

HenryMag.
May 31st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Good preparation for Julia for her potential 4R match against Wozniacki, Watson has a similar gamestyle.

I really hope she can make her first Slam QF here.

Maria rocks
May 31st, 2012, 08:12 PM
Julia was just too powerful for Heather in the end. Heather tried hard though definately a bright prospect for the future.

Charlatan
May 31st, 2012, 08:15 PM
Apparently not :lol:

I don't know if it's just me, but I always have to take a second and check my spelling of "Goerges" because it never looks right. Julia's just easier :lol:

:lol: same here

Beat
May 31st, 2012, 08:15 PM
watson is a cutie pie. but yes, that also means her physical disadvantages are quite obvious. such a pity.

VIKA?
May 31st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Good win, Julia:)

goldenlox
May 31st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Julia might be one of the players who takes advantage of Serena's loss. She has a shot to get to Sharapova in the quarters

Shinjiro
May 31st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Good stuff :yeah:

Too bad I couldnt pay much attention :sad:At least unlike me :o you didn't completely forget about it (was following three men's matches at the same time).

flareon
May 31st, 2012, 10:16 PM
Heather had a good week and from what I saw against Vesnina she is trying to be more attackive and adding to her game and very good exciting prospect for us brits and I believe she will be better than Robson.
Well done Julia this could be a really good tournament for her keep going :bounce:

tkutsaar
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:42 AM
Julia had too much power for little Heather.