PDA

View Full Version : RG 2R: Christina McHale df. (Q)Lauren Davis 6-1 6-3

BlueTrees
May 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Christina! :cheer: Third consecutive Grand Slam 3R! Should be seeded for Wimbledon now. :) Christina is 18 months older than Lauren and the difference in experience really showed. It was closer than the scoreline indicated. Christina was just rock solid. Li will be very tough in the next round. :unsure:

Lauren :hug: She's really improved a lot so it's no surprise that she's been zooming up the rankings recently. I expect her to be Top 100 in no time. :yeah:

McHaters :bigwave: :hah:

Juju Nostalgique
May 31st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Xteena is sooo GOAT!!! :woohoo:

Congrats babe! :banana: :smooch:

TheKid!
May 31st, 2012, 05:20 PM
I have to say that I started to watch this match thinking, and being wrong, that McHale and Davis had a limited game, made of few winners and boring attitude.
About the game, I was totally wrong, and I apologize if they will ready :lol: Both were going for the winner, hitting the ball very heavily and cleaning up the lines :) McHale's experience made the difference, and the score is too harsh against Lauren, who would have deserved a few games more.
About the boring attitude, I kinda exaggerated, but they are far from being respectful to their opponent. I don't like firstpumps, screams and childish behaviour on a tennis court.. Not as bad as I though, but please do something for this aspect.
Good tournament for Davis, she's going to enter the Top 100 soon. McHale could enter Top 20 in a few time if she plays like that for the whole year.
Not a fan of Christina or Lauren, but.. eh, no more a "hater" :)

simonsaystennis
May 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM
McHaters :lol: I love it! A much more consistent performance by Christina this round. Definitely let her experience show and work to her advantage.

I have NO IDEA what Lauren was doing in Indian Harbour Beach, but when I watched her on the livestream there, she was all defense, didn't drive the ball, and her shots barely passed the service line. Glad she had a good showing in that second set. Hit some very nice winners and was driving the ball at times very nicely. Her scrambling skills are also phenomenal. I'm also expecting her to break the top 100 by the end of the season :)

GrandMartha
May 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM
and will be eaten alive by Li in two days.

Juju Nostalgique
May 31st, 2012, 05:25 PM
and will be eaten alive by Li in two days.

Nothing to be ashamed of if you ask me... :ras:

hingisGOAT
May 31st, 2012, 05:36 PM
What a great match :worship: Well played from both, and certainly much closer than the scoreline suggests. Davis has some really nice groundstrokes. McHale played excellently in execution and strategy; some fierce forehands, steady defense, and a lot of good kick serves to Davis' backhand.

Tough opponenent in Li next round, however, that is the exact kind of opponent that Xtina can do well against. Flat drives for McHale to counter, and Na rarely moves to net to finish off the points. An upset is very possible imo. :)

Alwaysfan
May 31st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Chrissssssssssss!!! :)
Now please, send Li to the 24 hours shop :)

Gilas.
May 31st, 2012, 06:58 PM
Another great result for Christina :cheer: Please give NaNa a workout girl!
And Lauren was good too, didn't understand all the hate for her ;)

18majors
May 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
It's a good match for both youngsters, the better player won.

Madoka
May 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
Mchale is ok, saw her in Rome a couple of time.

Davis is just disgusting, mostly her attitude.

she is so rude, and a cheater.

LefandePatty
May 31st, 2012, 07:26 PM
Mona :facepalm:

sammy01
May 31st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of if you ask me... :ras:

some lesbians would even enjoy it :tape:

simonsaystennis
May 31st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Mchale is ok, saw her in Rome a couple of time.

Davis is just disgusting, mostly her attitude.

she is so rude, and a cheater.

Please enlighten me as to how she is a cheater. I would love to know.

Patrick345
May 31st, 2012, 07:36 PM
Not bad from Davis despite the lopsided scoreline. There is definitely some Errani/Cibulkova potential to her. Feisty, fit, solid hard groundstrokes, serve alright for her size. Couldn´t really tell whether she can play tennis from her "match" against Barthel. :lol:

perseus2006
May 31st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Great result X! Keep going, Maybe LiNa will have an off day or go on a walkabout again.

Well played Davis. Great tournament.

Seyz
May 31st, 2012, 08:35 PM
Xtina is bona fide the 3rd best player from the U.S now.

FORZA SARITA
May 31st, 2012, 08:37 PM
McFail :yeah:

killerqueen
May 31st, 2012, 08:44 PM
McDreamy :hearts:

BartoliBabes
May 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM
i love McHale

i hope she plays her best vs Li, because that would be a great match

lupojohn
May 31st, 2012, 09:19 PM
Very mature match from Christina. I like the potential that Lauren has. Very solid groundstrokes. Needs to beef up that serve and maybe grow a few inches. Fill that body out. She has very good footwork. I can see why Chrissie brought her to her academy. Look forward to seeing more of her in the future.

Ivanovic2008
May 31st, 2012, 09:22 PM
X-Tina :cheer:

Lauren :hug:

Madoka
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:10 AM
I would love to know.

It happened to see her matches several times lately. All on clay.

When her opponent made a winner, even when it was clearly in, she always asked the chair umpire to check the mark.

Of course the ball was always in. But she kept asking for the umpire to get down and check the mark.

Same situation when when her shots were out, she was just asking for a check of the umpire.

She just tries to steal each bloody point she can.

Sorry, dont like her attitude. I find her disgusting.

She should also stop yelling come on when her opponent makes an unforced.

She is so rude.