PDA

View Full Version : RG R2: Kvitova def. U. Radwanska 6-1, 6-3

saul1333
May 31st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Thank you Ula :hearts:

No chance today, but some close games. Too bad she had a difficult opponent early on.

Valanga
May 31st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Kvitova hit some good FHDTL today. Keep it up.

Vaidisova
May 31st, 2012, 10:21 AM
Good job Petra

John.
Petra :yeah: Did enough. Keep it going

TeamUla
Nicely done Petra :)
Ula :hug: difficult to handle such a powerful shots.

iPatty
Second set was terrible but I guess it's tough to maintain concentration against a player like Radwanska where she knew she would win no matter how many shots she missed.

Very soft draw, hopefully she can build some form before a R4 clash with Schiavone/Jankovic.

Kismet
May 31st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Great job Petra :cheer:

RyanGuy
May 31st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Radwanska does have game

J4m3ka
May 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Well done Petra :cheer:

aselto
NID. Good luck Petra in the further rounds, I'm hoping for an epic clash against NaNa in QF :yeah:

saul1333
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg36/scaled.php?tn=0&server=36&filename=kmib.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg52/scaled.php?tn=0&server=52&filename=z8cs.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

vspak
May 31st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Oh no :sad:
Petra today was an insurmountable.

Tenis Srbija
May 31st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Thank you Ula :hearts:

No chance today, but some close games. Too bad she had a difficult opponent early on.

Well she is No 79 in the world :shrug:
Anyway, Petra still far away from her best form. In second set she was all over the court, too bad lesser Radwanska didn't capitalize on that.

Sasja
Petra :)

olivero
Expected.
Was hoping for a closer scoreline though.

Well done Petra, she was very good today.

Molok
Kvitty :kiss:
Ula ;) not wrong at all, but even with 0 UE she would lost this

Igor_Biscan
First set was really nice play from Petra, calm, controlled, looking like she knew exactly what she wanted to do during the points. Second set was messy but I guess she lost some concentration

aloeball
May 31st, 2012, 10:26 AM
I think Petra is getting in form again. She seems to be staying low and forward on the shot and doesnt seem to be lifting up.

The only thing I thought was off was her footwork, no little adjusting steps which meant trying to whack winners from outta position.

But its against a weak opponent.

GoLdEnSeToV
May 31st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Ula was so useless..she has no weapons to playing against players like Kvitova.

Just Do It
May 31st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Winners ratio, Petra 17, Ula 1 :sobbing:

Adrian.
May 31st, 2012, 10:30 AM
well done Petra :oh:

Petronius
May 31st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Very solid performance by Petra. The first set was excellent. Onwards.

vozas
May 31st, 2012, 10:31 AM
those doubles though :help:

WD anyway. I'd love to see a SF clash with Maria but I don't think she'll get past Li Na.

Juju Nostalgique
May 31st, 2012, 10:32 AM
:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Imperfect Angel
Kvitty :cheer: But second set.:unsure:

flareon
Wow 30 winners very solid for Petra today looked good has had two very tricky opponents and dispatched them easily...

vozas
May 31st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Wow 30 winners very solid for Petra today looked good has had two very tricky opponents and dispatched them easily...

This Radwanska is a "tricky" opponent? :shrug:

iPatty
May 31st, 2012, 10:40 AM

Barty and Radwanska the Lesser = tricky? :scratch:

StoneRose
May 31st, 2012, 10:41 AM
Ula has similar game style to Aga, enjoyable to watch. Hope she can improve her game further. She needs better attitude on court, she can learn from her sister there.

vozas
May 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Ula has similar game style to Aga, enjoyable to watch. Hope she can improve her game further. She needs better attitude on court, she can learn from her sister there.

I think she does a great job at looking bored to death on court, just like her big sister.

Jaco·He
May 31st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Petra

TennisAddict84
May 31st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Kvitova ultra aggressive today and committed to playing high risk tennis. She went broke for most of her shots so there were some wild misses, but so many spectacular winners as well. Petra really went after both her first and second serve, committing DFs, but still winning the majority of her service pts.

Petra's form today reminded me of YEC, but more refined. She was able to sustain a high risk game across 2 sets and limited her bad patches to points, rather than games for the most part. In the 2nd set, there was 1 service game that Petra was in danger of losing after committing several wild misses, and David Kotyza had to snap her out of it by shouting out to her. Petra subsequently played with more margin on her shots and won the game.

naranka
May 31st, 2012, 11:54 AM
Kvitova ultra aggressive today and committed to playing high risk tennis. She went broke for most of her shots so there were some wild misses, but so many spectacular winners as well. Petra really went after both her first and second serve, committing DFs, but still winning the majority of her service pts.

Petra's form today reminded me of YEC, but more refined. She was able to sustain a high risk game across 2 sets and limited her bad patches to points, rather than games for the most part. In the 2nd set, there was 1 service game that Petra was in danger of losing after committing several wild misses, and David Kotyza had to snap her out of it by shouting out to her. Petra subsequently played with more margin on her shots and won the game.

Agreed -- she's finally playing herself back into form. The 1st set was a thing of beauty. In the 2nd, Radwanska lifted her game briefly while Petra played some loose points, but soon enough Petra put her foot down and squashed poor, defenseless Ula. Those 2nd set "wobbles" often seem like Petra getting bored/complacent after cruising through the 1st set. Today I felt like I was watching a big cat toying with a mouse. Her footwork is still subpar, but it's getting there.

C. Drone
May 31st, 2012, 12:06 PM
Alright 1st set. The important is to win against the low ranked. Peaking enough later. Should make QF.

The 2nd Law
May 31st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Pojd!

Barktra
May 31st, 2012, 02:25 PM
:yeah:

WeiWei
May 31st, 2012, 04:10 PM
expect to see Petra against Na in the quarterfinal

aselto
May 31st, 2012, 04:14 PM
Did anybody watch the post match presser with Petra on RG's website? Am I the only who gets the impression that Petra first wanted to say "lol I pwn both of them" when asked about differences between Ula and Aga? :spit:

Kismet
May 31st, 2012, 04:24 PM
Did anybody watch the post match presser with Petra on RG's website? Am I the only who gets the impression that Petra first wanted to say "lol I pwn both of them" when asked about differences between Ula and Aga? :spit:

Yeah, just a little. :hearts:

@danieln1
May 31st, 2012, 04:32 PM
5 to go.

TennisAddict84
May 31st, 2012, 05:04 PM

:lol:

TennisAddict84
May 31st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Agreed -- she's finally playing herself back into form. The 1st set was a thing of beauty. In the 2nd, Radwanska lifted her game briefly while Petra played some loose points, but soon enough Petra put her foot down and squashed poor, defenseless Ula. Those 2nd set "wobbles" often seem like Petra getting bored/complacent after cruising through the 1st set. Today I felt like I was watching a big cat toying with a mouse. Her footwork is still subpar, but it's getting there.

Yeah, it's just such a positive sign that Kvitova is consciously aware and making the effort to cut down on her bad patches and not let them translate into lapses where she loses several games in a row due to UE. I still would like to see her cut down on some of those wild misses though. Some of her ROS were out by several feet.

In some ways, I think Petra probably saw her match against Radwanska as a practice match to work on her high risk game without ever feeling in danger of losing (since there's nothing Radwanksa can hurt her with). It'll be interesting to see if Petra will play a little more conservatively with more margin once she faces better players in the latter rounds, or if she will stay committed to play high risk tennis for 2 sets.

Corswandt
May 31st, 2012, 09:16 PM
http://i2.listal.com/image/2986894/600full-marcel-proust.jpg

I'd love to see a SF clash with Maria but I don't think she'll get past Li Na.

She'll win less than 20% of the rallies vs Li Na. Doesn't mean she can't win if she finds a way to play as few rallies as possible.

I think she does a great job at looking bored to death on court, just like her big sister.

It had to be said.