PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell is Wozniacki on Chatrier tomorrow ?

LightWarrior
May 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I mean it's totally absurd. She's seeded 9 (nine) now and has not won a slam. And she leads Gajdosova 5/0, with a loss of only one set. Total fail from RG officials. :help: Li Na/Foretz would have made sense. :rolleyes:

Sammo
May 30th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I know right? Li Na is the defending champion and Foretz-Gacon is French, and it's played on the Suzanne Lenglen :help: And nobody gives a shit about Wozniacki over there.

flareon
May 30th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Yes I was like why is Li/Foretz not on there... but wozzy v jarka may be a longer more interesting match.

Djezonfly
May 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I think they're trying to rotate every top player on Chatrier :shrug:

Welcome1
Cause she's this year RG semifinalist maybe?)

King Halep
She became famous again after releasing her song :haha:

danieln1
May 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Former slam finalist, former number 1, former RG quarterfinalist, blonde :oh:

King Halep
May 30th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Yes I was like why is Li/Foretz not on there... but wozzy v jarka may be a longer more interesting match.

unless Jarka makes 40 errors

Smith Saybrook
May 30th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Li & Foretz getting a late placement on Lenglen is better for French TV.

They are also following a Nadal match which could bring a bigger lead-in of audience, versus being 2nd on behind a Murray / Jarrko match that will be a bit desolate.

NA-GOAT
May 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM
because they fear she may be gone by the weekend :devil:

poulao
May 30th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Thank you, thank you. ;)

Jose.
May 30th, 2012, 08:21 PM
It may be that Foretz also asked to play on Lenglen. :shrug: Bartoli did the same thing.

Mike_T
Why the hell is Wozniacki on Chatrier tomorrow ? The French love to boo.

Nicolás89
I mean it's totally absurd. She's seeded 9 (nine) now and has not won a slam. And she leads Gajdosova 5/0, with a loss of only one set. Total fail from RG officials. :help: Li Na/Foretz would have made sense. :rolleyes:

Explain.

Richie's
May 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM
because they fear she may be gone by the weekend :devil:

:haha: or maybe they smell the upset :lol: Quite impossible with Jamugla on slump, but you never know ;)

LightWarrior
May 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Explain.

It's self-explanatory, duh...

MB.
May 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM

Then what's Caroline doing there?

Ryan
May 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Stay pressed, haters. Or get a life, whatever you decide.

Jorn
May 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
As long she don't play first its OK :)

But I am surprised also... The only reason I can see, she's used to play on the bigger Courts...

Marlene
May 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Li & Foretz getting a late placement on Lenglen is better for French TV.

Sorry, is it the time or the Lenglen court that is better for TV?

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Djezonfly

Classic! :lol: :tape: :lol:

Break My Rapture
May 30th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Explain.
http://imnotatoy.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/10_funny_celebrity_gifs3.gif?w=500

Li Na is the defending champion (that means she won the tournament last year). Foretz-Gacon is French (that means she has France as nationality).

goldenlox
May 30th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Maybe Jarka is more popular than you think.
It certainly cant be that they want the #1 player for 2010 & 2011 on Chatrier.

CWTennis
May 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM
keep being pressed! :baby:

Chrissie-fan
May 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Maybe Jarka is more popular than you think.
It certainly cant be that they want the #1 player for 2010 & 2011 on Chatrier.
I think it's the Roland Garros officials way of raising their middle finger at TF.

Simugna Help
Lenglen's capacity is 10k, ie. much more than there are interested in watching women's early round matches.

Djezonfly

I knew someone would make that joke :bigcry:

Raiden
May 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Because the French are not yet aware that there is a new №1.

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM

Li Na is the defending champion (that means she won the tournament last year). Foretz-Gacon is French (that means she has France as nationality).

:lol:

Smith Saybrook
May 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Sorry, is it the time or the Lenglen court that is better for TV?

Later in the day, that way it will be televised when people are home from work.

FORZA SARITA
May 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Explain.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_lhox4x0VnM1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Bonfire
May 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
She was #1 for almost two years and just lost it a few months ago and contrary to what alot of GM thinks...you can tell when watching her matches that alot of people like Woz and enjoy seeing her play/win.

Face it, she's more known/liked now than the majority of the current top ten.
So why not put her on the main court?

Some here act like she's some random player that nobody knows about:lol:

Charlatan
May 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
this kind of whining thread over OOP :zzz: give me a break

Matt01
May 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Because she is a very good player, perhaps?

:rolleyes:

Nicolás89
May 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM
It's self-explanatory, duh...

No, it is not. An outrageous scheduling would be putting Suarez Navarro vs Karatantcheva on Chatrier instead of the top players. Like some others have said, stay pressed. :rolleyes:

C. Drone
May 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM
blame Serena. :oh:

madmax
May 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM

ehh...nope

LightWarrior
May 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM

It's not New Haven, it's a slam we're talking about here. :rolleyes:

Chrissie-fan
May 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Classic! :lol: :tape: :lol:
Too predictable. Mike T's "people like to boo" was a good one though.

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Too predictable. Mike T's "people like to boo" was a good one though.

Yeah.

That's what I meant. "Classic" TF, and you could see that coming indeed. :lol: :lol:

I think his/her avatar, along with the short, glib response, is what made it so funny (albeit predictable) to me.

SoBizarre
May 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Now that Serena is gone, Caro is heading (at least based on ranking) for QF against Sharapova. That match would be played on Chatrier, so it's only fair to give her some court time.

Na has played on central court already, so she is not wronged or anything. What i don't understand is why they didn't put Petra on Chatrier today (hasn't play there yet), and Caro in her next match against Kanepi (all in theory). IMHO that would make more sense. And we wouldn't have haters' threads... :lol:

Matt01
May 30th, 2012, 09:26 PM
ehh...nope

ehh...yes.

Fact not opinion. :wavey:

Cosmic Voices
May 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Just the way they do it at RG. They rotate the top players, I mean even Rafa's on Susanne Lenglen :spit:

$uricate
May 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I think they feel it in the air that Jarmila is due one of her 3 good matches of the year :drool:

Jimmie48
May 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Because she's awesome, a state that's not dependent on her ranking :)

Question answered.

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I think they feel it in the air that Jarmila is due one of her 3 good matches of the year :drool:

Funny!

duhcity
May 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM
She's still more popular than Petra/Na. It's what you get for whoring yourself to endorsements the world over.
If anything, it's surprising Petra isn't on Centre, since she's higher ranked, with the slam.

CloudAtlas
May 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Is there any bigger #firstworldpain than people endlessly bitching about court scheduling :facepalm:

A court is a fucking court, unless it's Court 18 and your last name is Jankovic. People will get over it eventually.

$uricate
May 30th, 2012, 09:44 PM
She's still more popular than Petra/Na. It's what you get for whoring yourself to endorsements the world over.
If anything, it's surprising Petra isn't on Centre, since she's higher ranked, with the slam.

Petra may have the slam but it's Caro who has the Compeed deal ;)

Is there any bigger #firstworldpain than people endlessly bitching about court scheduling :facepalm:

A court is a fucking court, unless it's Court 18 and your last name is Jankovic. People will get over it eventually.

Jankovic has her helicopter though.

perseus2006
May 30th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Woz on Chatrier Thursday: The Primary Elements leading to the assignment.

She is Top 10.

She is on the short list of contenders for the trophy.

Her game is very French: graceful and artistic.

She is pleasant to look at and seldom heard.

She is well known.

A soothing presence is needed after two to four hours of Murray's moaning and groaning and complaining and screaming at his box and hysterical racquet waving and floundering on court.

Parisians want a story like Woz's "Kangaroo Tale" in Melbourne.

Parisians enjoy basking in Sunshine with coffee and cheese.

The calm before the storm: Pova's last on Chatrier!

Sammo
May 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM

She is Top 10.

She is well known.

A soothing presence is needed after two to four hours of Murray's moaning and groaning and complaining and screaming at his box and hysterical racquet waving and floundering on court.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/bruce_lee_lol_gif.gif

perseus2006
May 30th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Jankovic has her helicopter though.

What happened to her broom?!?

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM
The irony of this thread is, when Caro was on several non-TV, or OFF COURTS in other events recently (which she was), no one really bitched about it. I don't even think she was on Lenglen or Chartier for her opening round Roland Garros match. So give her fans credit for not whining. Now this (Chartier for her).

I don't know Roland Garros reasons. But if anything, I'm sure Caro and many of her fans are not complaining, and saying "about time".

Really a non story though. Rafa's on Lenglen today, and Roger was on it the other day/his opening round.

It may not make sense to some, since she's been off a lot of the show courts in early rds recently-as discussed, but who cares. Let her have it.

Smith Saybrook
May 30th, 2012, 10:00 PM

That's a little redundant. Discussing professional tennis is a first world pain in itself.

The irony of this thread is, when Caro was on several non-TV, or OFF COURTS in other events recently (which she was), no one really bitched about it. I don't even think she was on Lenglen or Chartier for her opening round Roland Garros match. Now this (Chartier for her). So give her fans credit.

I don't know Roland Garros reasons. But if anything, I'm sure Caro and many of her fans are not complaining, and saying "about time". She's missed some show courts recently in other early rd tournament matches.

Really a non story though. Rafa's on Lenglen today, and Roger was on it the other day/his opening round.

It may not make sense to some, since she's been off a lot of the show courts in early rds recently, but who cares. Let her have it.

No irony. It's the fact of life when you drop from #1 in the world, and are the 8th seed. To bitch about it when you're generally not on of the top 4 players in the field would be ridiculous. Giving her fans a clap for that is silly.

rnwerner
May 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Lenglen is slower.
Foretz Gacon wants probably the slowest court possible against hardhitter Li.

Marlene
May 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM

She is Top 10.

She is well known.

She's at Chatrier because they've gotta somehow fill those late morning/early afternoon slots with semi-intersting and/or pretty, blonde players before the prime-time main course: Frenchie vs Whatever. (Here: Mathieu and Foretz-Gacon (vs Na#7)). The only other Top10'ers in action tomorrow are Sharapova#2 vs Nobody (last on Chatrier), Kvitova#4 vs Nobody (first on Lenglen) and the rest of Kerber#10 (who dat!?) vs Nobody on Court 3. Basically, Wozzy isn't really displacing anybody bigger/better/blonder from Chatrier, she's just there.

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM
No irony. It's the fact of life when you drop from #1 in the world, and are the 8th seed. To bitch about it when you're generally not on of the top 4 players in the field would be ridiculous. Giving her fans a clap for that is silly.

It doesn't mean, they didn't feel that way. They probably just grudgingly kept it to themselves. You know how much some of her fans unabashedly love her. :lol: :) :lol:

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM
She's at Chatrier because they've gotta somehow fill those late morning/early afternoon slots with semi-intersting and/or pretty, blonde players before the prime-time main course: Frenchie vs Whatever. (Here: Mathieu and Foretz-Gacon (vs Na#7)). The only other Top10'ers in action tomorrow are Sharapova#2 vs Nobody (last on Chatrier), Kvitova#4 vs Nobody (first on Lenglen) and the rest of Kerber#10 (who dat!?) vs Nobody on Court 3. Basically, Wozzy isn't really displacing anybody bigger/better/blonder from Chatrier, she's just there.

I can agree with this explanation. Cause if you noticed, Woz has been demoted or banished in plenty of events she's been in lately in early rds. That's why I have no problem with it, and/or wasn't trying to figure it out. As you stated, it probably just means nothing in the big scheme of things (or just they way they scheduled for her match for that day).

Caro deserves her turn early sometimes (for whatever reason).

Now of course, Na, Kvitova and Sharapova, may of had something to complain about, if they were placed on an off court, while Caroline was on Lenglen or Chartier. But that's not what happened. Hopefully she'll put on a good show for the locals?

18majors
May 30th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Serena is out of the tournament, Wozniacki is one of the biggest names remained on the bottom half of the draw.

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Serena is out of the tournament, Wozniacki is one of the biggest names remained on the bottom half of the draw.

Good point!? And both Serena and Venus are out the tournament now for that matter.

tkutsaar
May 31st, 2012, 01:10 AM
RG officials no doubt are in a cabal to annoy Caro haters.

Double A
May 31st, 2012, 02:43 AM
Contrary to the TF belief that Caro is totally irrelevant now that she's not #1, she's still a pretty big name.

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 31st, 2012, 04:23 AM

This post is priceless. :sobbing: And that GIF. :spit:

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 31st, 2012, 04:26 AM

So many hilarious posts in this thread. :spit: I love TF.

Blackwell
May 31st, 2012, 05:27 AM
Is Jarka top-player ? :confused:

Navratil
May 31st, 2012, 06:37 AM
Because her oppontent used to be married to the man with the fastest serve ever in tennis history ;)

LUVMIRZA
May 31st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Is Jarka top-player ? :confused:

:spit:

Halepsova
May 31st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Some people is just :facepalm:
Caro was #1. I don't see why she doesn't deserve Chatrier. :rolleyes:

Sombrerero loco
May 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM
wozniacki-gajdosova, classic match :bowdown:

C. W. Fields
May 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
It really warms the heart to see that Caro is still important enough to merrit hate threads like this! :silly:

SELVEN
May 31st, 2012, 08:42 AM
Why the hell some of the people so addicted to court schedule?

gdmirou
May 31st, 2012, 08:51 AM
It really warms the heart to see that Caro is still important enough to merrit hate threads like this! :silly:

Touche!:worship:

Patrick345
May 31st, 2012, 09:02 AM
Why the hell some of the people so addicted to court schedule?

Exactly. As long as it´s televised I couldn´t care less about Chatrier, Lenglen, Court 3 or Court 6. They try to showcase quality matches everywhere and balance out the schedule.

stromatolite
May 31st, 2012, 09:35 AM
The match could be great or really terrible, but it's a potentially interesting match-up in styles. And Woz is not the lowest seed by a long shot to play on Chatrier so far. Just because the OP hates Caro doesn't mean everybody else does.

Juju Nostalgique
May 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
VVho vvants VVozniacki on Chatrier? :shrug: :vveirdo: :spit:

Tenis Srbija
May 31st, 2012, 09:51 AM
Because her oppontent used to be married to the man with the fastest serve ever in tennis history ;)

:worship:

longtin23
May 31st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Na loves to play in smaller courts :oh:

I think they want to show different players in center court...

BlueTrees
May 31st, 2012, 10:20 AM

Wozniacki's a top player? :oh:

stromatolite
May 31st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Wozniacki's a top player? :oh:

As much as or more than Isner or Gasquet certainly. I know, Gasquet's French and Isner's playing a Frenchman, but if Frenchness is a criterion I don't see why having held the #1 ranking for nearly a year and a half shouldn't be.

Djezonfly
May 31st, 2012, 11:41 AM
Just for the record, Caro is a complete nobody in France, same as Vika and Aga. Na, Fran and Sam are way more popular for instance.

stromatolite
May 31st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Just for the record, Caro is a complete nobody in France, same as Vika and Aga. Na, Fran and Sam are way more popular for instance.

Nice to hear :)

Still, these three have all played on Chatrier already, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to share it around a bit. And as someone said before, it really isn't that big a deal in terms of the honor, Lenglen is high-prestige as well and gets equal coverage.

The only thing that really makes any difference is the surface: Chatrier is much livelier and has a higher bounce. Not sure Caro will like that if Jarka gets on a roll.

Viktymise
May 31st, 2012, 11:50 AM
Get that nobody off my TV.

stromatolite
May 31st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Get that nobody off my TV.

You can yourself you know, just use your remote ;)

Skye34
May 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Stop crying about it.

Shivank17
May 31st, 2012, 12:55 PM
Princess Karolina should have one match on Chatrier at least. :awww: And what's so wrong about it? Nadal, Federer, Djokovic have been made to play on Lenglen, so Li Na should also be there. :shrug: Though I agree since Na is playing a french girl she should be on PC. But well RG make the worst schedule.