PDA

View Full Version : RG round 2: Petra Martic def. Marion Bartola 6-3 2-6 6-3

Queenpova
May 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts: Amazing play from Petra.

Marion's disgusting hooligan beahvior couldnt do it.

Doully
May 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Suck it Allez

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Gainsy/thrust.gif

Hashim.
May 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Martic was impressive:yeah:

Bartoli not so much. Looked out of breath for the majority of the match.

Singleniacki
Well done to Martic, she played very well.
Suprisingly, it's becoming easier to accept Marion's loses. It happens, there's no point being upset about it.
Good luck for the grass season! :)

vozas
Yowza! This girl is good! Bartoli is a fluke but I'm very impressed with Petra :) beautiful service motion and she moves great on clay. Forehand game :drool:

Loved her reaction at the end. She's feisty!

Libertango
WOW Martic has some skills! Definitely one to look out for - I sense she's the kind of player who needs to mature "into" her game. I like her alot!

Ferg
Thank god this wretched clay season is over :lol: Expected this since the loss in Madrid so no disappointment. Onto grass and hopefully no tiredness at Wimbledon this year :hearts:

Good draw now for Martic!!

nfl46
Shocking lost for Marion, lol jk.

Aga and Marion in the same day...make it happen, Vee!

flareon
May 30th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Bartoli :hug:

Not a fan of martic, she does nothing for me, she will bum out in next round I reckon, congrats on highest win...

Otlichno
Bartoli was really scary. :sobbing: I was rooting for her, but the way she was acting was really frightening. :sobbing:

Martic. :yeah: Good play.

Dexter
Awwww, so glad for Martić that she managed to hold it together in the end. She played so well in patches. Kuharsky coaching another player to upset a big name at RG (Ana in 2005 and wasnt he a coach of Szavay when she beat Venus too?). Congrats! :yeah:

misty1
noooooooooooooo!

:sad:

grass and hard season cant come fast enough for her

M.P
Petra :cheer:
she has so much game just be top 50, should be more confident now

Barktra
May 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Marion :hug: your fighting spirit is so inspiring. Go get um on the grass

Specter
Thank you so much, Petra! That was beautiful! :hearts: :kiss:

FORZA SARITA
good to see Petra finally show some emotions on court :) well done and keep it up ;)

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_m2a5zmxElw1qhwvm4o1_400.gif http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_m2a5zmxElw1qhwvm4o1_400.gif http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_m2a5zmxElw1qhwvm4o1_400.gif http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_m2a5zmxElw1qhwvm4o1_400.gif http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_m2a5zmxElw1qhwvm4o1_400.gif http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/tumblr_m2a5zmxElw1qhwvm4o1_400.gif

Svetlana)))
Martic has a beautiful serve and game. Bartoli has tons of points to defend in the grass season, probably out of top 10 soon

Libertango
Btw I think it was 6-2 3-6 6-3 :)

Nicolás89
May 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Kind of expected but still... :hug:

Caro back to number 8. :oh:

Just Do It
NID

Marion's antics on court are getting uwatchable.

croat123
petra!!! great win :D:D

Djezonfly
Congrats to Petra, it's about time she gets past R2 in a slam, and with a good chance next round against an injured Dramabel. She played really well, extremely calm and composed :worship:

As for Marion, she played an excellent 2nd set with great fire but the rest was mediocre, especially the serve, almost 15 DF, low percentage of 1st. She seems less fit than last year. She looked like she already run out of gas in the 3rd, I mean, come on, it was only a R2 and her R1 match was very quick :help:

On to the grass season, she needs to play better than that, it's not only a matter of surface.

colt13
May 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Only explanation is Johansson and Bartoli swapped bodies.

FYI, since Bartoli dragged herseld through that Radwanska match in Miami, she is 3-6.

Martic was the highest ranked woman in the draw that had never made the 3rd round of a slam.Of those top 5, only Martic and Lepchenko are still playing.

Double faults Killed Marion.

TheBoiledEgg
May 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
awesome Petra :hearts: and to win it with an Ace was even sweeter

Jose.
Petra :hearts:, 1st win over a top10 player. I thought she would make it tigh and was really expecting her to suffer the pressure and eventually choke away the match. But great servicing in the last game, eventhought she went ultra-defensive on the last points. :p You got a shot against Anabel, good luck :yeah:

And I agree what many people say, Martic will mature later and will be a late bloomer, I seriously think she can be a top10 player but give her more 5 or 6 years for her to peak. ;)

Shvedbarilescu
I love Petra. She is so gifted. One never knows what she is going to do next. She can rip the ball, or slice it, or go for a drop shot. It's been said before but she uses her opponents pace as well as anyone in the game. On top of all that she is so dainty and understated, certainly when compared to Bartoli. But then she lets out this real feisty whoop with that winning ace. So once again she surprises me. Definately one very cool girl. :hearts:

Kon.
Great win for Petra, she's a nice player. :yeah:

I don't know if anyone could expect much more from Marion after her latest clay results. Good luck on the grass ;)

ElusiveChanteuse
May 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
WOW Martic has some skills! Definitely one to look out for - I sense she's the kind of player who needs to mature "into" her game. I like her alot!

+1.

and maybe it's just me but I find her quite fine.:drool: :oh:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
oh and bye Cake :wavey: see you in Wimbledon.:angel:

misty1
May 30th, 2012, 04:07 PM
nooooo!!!

this was winnable:sad:

grass and hard cant come fast enough

is she still top 10 with this loss?

Nicolas
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts: Amazing play from Petra.

Marion's disgusting hooligan beahvior couldnt do it.

if you wanna diss a player, at least spell her name correctly, you asshole

Libertango
I love Petra. She is so gifted. One never knows what she is going to do next. She can rip the ball, or slice it, or go for a drop shot. It's been said before but she uses her opponents pace as well as anyone in the game. On top of all that she is so dainty and understanded, certainly when compared to Bartoli. But then she lets out this real feisty whoop with that winning ace. So once again she surprises me. Definately one very cool girl. :hearts:

I agree. It's like I said in my post, I get the feeling she's the kind of a player with a game who needs a little more time to get comfortable with her tennis, but she could do really well if her head is on straight.

I also sense she's very cool and I like the way she carries herself - almost statuesque.

Johnbert
May 30th, 2012, 04:08 PM
some good variation from martic here. forehand, slice, stop, serve etc. pp :)

Shvedbarilescu
Petra :hearts:, 1st win over a top10 player. I thought she would make it tigh and was really expecting her to suffer the pressure and eventually choke away the match. But great servicing in the last game, eventhought she went ultra-defensive on the last points. :p You got a shot against Anabel, good luck :yeah:

And I agree what many people say, Martic will mature later and will be a late bloomer, I seriously think she can be a top10 player but give her more 5 or 6 years for her to peak. ;)

Yup, the best is definately yet to come from Petra. By the time she is in her midtwenties she is going to be one tough cookie.

Libertango
+1.

and maybe it's just me but I find her quite fine.:drool: :oh:

Hell yeah. Her body is :eek: :drool:

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Called it.

Marion :hug: It's a testament to how mentally tough she is that the scoreline is even this respectable, given it was looking like a total whitewash at 6-2 2-0 down. She managed to somehow dredge up much better form than she'd shown all claycourt season, but just didn't have enough left in the tank to keep it up til the end. I still see her having a solid to great grasscourt season though.

Genuinely impressed by Martic. Until now, I always assumed she was being grossly overrated by those tennis snobs who cream themselves at any player who can hit a slice backhand no matter how shite the rest of their game is (Hercog, in other words), but this one actually does have a very good "meat and potatoes" to her game - wonderful naturally-timed serve and forehand and seemingly great court sense which makes her an effective defender even though her footspeed isn't the best. Really can see her making the Quarters here.

Break My Rapture
May 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Marion's ranking is gonna take a hit after this loss.

Kerber's part of the quarter is a solid road to the QF now.

Wintermute
May 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Did not foresee Razzano and Johansson going further at this event than Marion. A lot of points off after this.

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I love Petra. She is so gifted. One never knows what she is going to do next. She can rip the ball, or slice it, or go for a drop shot. It's been said before but she uses her opponents pace as well as anyone in the game. On top of all that she is so dainty and understated, certainly when compared to Bartoli. But then she lets out this real feisty whoop with that winning ace. So once again she surprises me. Definately one very cool girl. :hearts:

All of this

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Called it.

Marion :hug: It's a testament to how mentally tough she is that the scoreline is even this respectable, given it was looking like a total whitewash at 6-2 2-0 down. She managed to somehow dredge up much better form than she'd shown all claycourt season, but just didn't have enough left in the tank to keep it up til the end. I still see her having a solid to great grasscourt season though.

Genuinely impressed by Martic. Until now, I always assumed she was being grossly overrated by those tennis snobs who cream themselves at any player who can hit a slice backhand no matter how shite the rest of their game is (Hercog, in other words), but this one actually does have a very good "meat and potatoes" to her game - wonderful naturally-timed serve and forehand and seemingly great court sense which makes her an effective defender even though her footspeed isn't the best. Really can see her making the Quarters here.

I see you and your FITD :oh: good call! You have her making the QFs right?

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Called it.

I'm not a snob. I just happen to enjoy a good slice. It's a matter of taste, and for me I personally find the slice a lovely and underused shot in this sport.

I certainly don't regard my taste as being superior to anyone elses, on the other hand I do know what I like and I'm not ashamed of it.

JamieMU30
May 30th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Bartoli is a disaster...She should thank her lucky stars that she had a fluke season last year and made it into the Top 10...Ever since she beat Azarenka and got the axe for the Olympics, she has been a disgusting hot ass mess...When the year is over, she will be back to where she belongs, 20-30 range...Her fitness is a major liability and everyone knows if they keep the fat bitch running side to side, she will deflate like a balloon...I am sure the French crowd was applauding Martic taking out their own trash...And an ace on MP? Bartoli should be ashamed for standung there and being so lazy and letting an ace whiz by her...Walking bye at Wimbledon IMO...Oh well, bye bitch, hope you don't drown yourself in cheeseburgers and fries tonight:haha:

ananke
May 30th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Petra looks like pretty complete player, definitely someone to look out for. Although she tried to choke, Marion didn't let her :oh:

14 double faults, seriously?

C. Drone
May 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Marion is possessed. And not with the love of french pastry.
No surprise. Burnout will catch up her too.

Johansson will be last standing french, lmao.

Awwww, so glad for Martić that she managed to hold it together in the end. She played so well in patches. Kuharsky coaching another player to upset a big name at RG (Ana in 2005 and wasnt he a coach of Szavay when she beat Venus too?). Congrats! :yeah:

he left couple months before RG, iirc.

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I see you and your FITD :oh: good call! You have her making the QFs right?

Yup! Before losing to Ivanovic once there :oh:

BlueTrees
May 30th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Oh no Marion :crying2: So many points lost :sobbing:

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yup! Before losing to Ivanovic once there :oh:

Yes yes yes. Should've called it. First time I watched Petra play damn it, otherwise I would've known she had the game. I had Bartoli falling to Dramabel in R3. Still thinking Kerber is the finalist from that quarter.

juki
May 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Petra :bounce: Wasn't confident she could serve it out in the end, but what a great last 2 points to finish it up :cool:

Please win against AMG!

PetraReeMona
May 30th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Petra.... that was just beautiful. You have a Henin-like game and I hope you continue to improve your game over the next few years, because it is just a pleasure to watch. :inlove:

You are one cool customer and I love your on-court demeanour. A+++++++++

Marion :hug: Go rest and see you at Eastbourne.

Utautai
May 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I said before that Petra's game reminds me a little of Kata Srebotnik.
Hopefully we get to see her game blossom and continue improving.

Marion :hug: She was scarey after trailing 0-2 in the second set. :armed::bounce::shout:
Unfortunately she ran out of physical and emotional energy in the final set and cost her dearly on her serve.

M.S.F
May 30th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I didn't expect alot from Marion after such an awful clay season but god, fix that serve please! :o

TheKid!
May 30th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Petra Martic has talent. I really enjoyed this match, that Petra could have won in two sets.
Despite her bad attitude on court (yelling, firstpumps, allez...), Bartoli's fighting spirit is admirable. Too bad she has to ruin it by acting like a chicken on fire.
Don't stop Petra :yeah: Simply too good :)

Let.them.talk
May 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Petra really deserved it... Marion 14 df? Good for Petra !

John.
May 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Marion :hug:

jedw
May 30th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Poor Marion :sad: she did so much, but it's all wrong against any half decent clay courter.

Please have a good grass season Marion and don't screw up your ranking too much!

Temperenka
May 30th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Should be out of the top 10 soon enough :goodbye:

Singleniacki
May 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Marion is locked at 8, she will fall down the rankings if Angie gets to the quarters. Anyone else has to make a final to pass her. Not too bad consiering her woeful clay court season. IDK why everyone thinks she is going to slide down the rankings, she is still top 8 in the race.

*Jean*
May 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Oh no Marionette :sad: that will hurt her rankings VERY badly.

Temperenka
May 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Marion is locked at 8, she will fall down the rankings if Angie gets to the quarters. Anyone else has to make a final to pass her. Not too bad consiering her woeful clay court season. IDK why everyone thinks she is going to slide down the rankings, she is still top 8 in the race.

I wouldn't put money on her defending her Eastbourne title in a few weeks... she should lose enough points there to be passed by the likes of Angie/Na.

Juju Nostalgique
May 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM
From lost to the river... http://st.forocoches.com/foro/images/smilies/goofy.gif http://st.forocoches.com/foro/images/smilies/goofy.gif http://st.forocoches.com/foro/images/smilies/goofy.gif http://st.forocoches.com/foro/images/smilies/goofy.gif http://st.forocoches.com/foro/images/smilies/goofy.gif

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Petra Martic has talent. I really enjoyed this match, that Petra could have won in two sets.
Despite her bad attitude on court (yelling, firstpumps, allez...), Bartoli's fighting spirit is admirable. Too bad she has to ruin it by acting like a chicken on fire.
Don't stop Petra :yeah: Simply too good :)

DEAD :hysteric:
totally agree anw :lol:

so happy for this win of Petra :D

Edy.
May 30th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Great match by Petra :inlove:

I love her game :)

Richie's
May 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM
:haha:

Leo_DFP
May 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Always good for tennis when this one loses. Clown antics not to be rewarded.

hankqq
May 30th, 2012, 06:53 PM
:spit: unexpected but nice result. :yeah:

DefyingGravity
May 30th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Petra has a beautiful game! Definitely one to watch and see how she matures. Clay will probably be her better surface, too. Like a mix of Henin and Srebotnik with a beautiful face. If she gets more successful, she's going to get a LOT of endorsements.

Marion...well, clay isn't your surface that's for sure (unlike one of your faves Seles). However, getting the crowd to go from supporting you to cheering the upset on as if Petra Martic were French...that's embarrassing.

doomsday
May 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
this is really but really tiring to see her playing, jumping, fist pumping at every second. Goodbye

Israel
May 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Petra Martic has what it takes to go to the top of the game if she keeps down the errors.
Her forehand and serve are HUGE. Bartoli wasn't really that bad but her self cheering is ridiculous and how she tried to get the crowd with her was embarassing.

Jane Lane
May 30th, 2012, 07:20 PM
YAS! :hearts:

Talula
May 30th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I really enjoy watching Marion's matches and she's great to watch at Eastbourne in person, in fact I always make a beeline for her matches, but you can never rely on her and I just had a feeling this would happen. She just never builds on any momentum in her career. It would be great to see her make another slam final but I am beginning to wonder.

Uranus
May 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM
If you're going to start a thread at least get the correct result. It was 62 36 63.

ivanban
May 30th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Petra :bowdown:

Your favs could always :inlove:

rnwerner
May 30th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Aren't we waiting for Petras little breakthrough now for years?

Smith Saybrook
May 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
oy Maid Marion :( I didn't expect a duplicate performance to last year, but I expected her to get past Martic for sure.

BillFromRichmond
May 31st, 2012, 01:07 AM
Good win for Petra after some rocky matches since her finals appearance a couple of months ago. She has a shot against AMG.

sxeraserhead
May 31st, 2012, 01:56 AM
Expected loss after Marion's disastrous clay season. A counterpuncher like Martic is the WORST possible matchup for Marion, don't let this match fool you into thinking Martic is going to become a top player...

#1SteffiGraf#1
May 31st, 2012, 03:54 AM
Must say I'm pretty shocked by Marion's behavior. Tries anything she can do to throw off her opponent.

She was always goofy, but wasnt this bad a few years ago.

Libertango
May 31st, 2012, 05:24 AM
^Personally I don't think Marion's "antics" are deliberately intended to throw opponents off, but I do agree she was particularly animated yesterday. She almost seemed possessed :tape:

Tenis Srbija
May 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Empress will at least stay one day more than Bartoli at Paris. Mission accomplished :hearts:

Halepsova
May 31st, 2012, 07:57 AM
:woohoo:

Sombrerero loco
May 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM
bye bitch :oh:
800 points gone to bartoli

Corswandt
May 31st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Expected loss after Marion's disastrous clay season. A counterpuncher like Martic is the WORST possible matchup for Marion, don't let this match fool you into thinking Martic is going to become a top player...

All of this, particularly bolded part.

Martic's return game remains meh due to lack of natural timing on her FH and lack of raw power to return aggressively, and her FH is way too shaky for it to hold up in even average length baseline rallies. She served extremely well though.

Bartoli was very slow and her shots didn't have much in them apart from that patch late in the second set in which she tried to whip herself into a trance. She seems physically and mentally spent. Leaving aside current form, she has no business going deep into big clay events. Her RG run last year was total BS.

What I liked the most about Martic in this match was the way she handled Bartoli's nonstop grating histrionics. Bartoli always in a frenzy and looking a step away from having to be committed, Martic cool and quiet until she pulled off one of those "WHOA!" clever points of hers and then just let it rip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/LordFlasheart/54a08bfd2059992c0821602ca6c2c9a7-getty-511318238.jpg

This time Bartoli ate shit instead of cake.

longtin23
May 31st, 2012, 10:19 AM
What had Marion done!?

cecilija
May 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM
All of this, particularly bolded part.

Martic's return game remains meh due to lack of natural timing on her FH and lack of raw power to return aggressively, and her FH is way too shaky for it to hold up in even average length baseline rallies. She served extremely well though.

Bartoli was very slow and her shots didn't have much in them apart from that patch late in the second set in which she tried to whip herself into a trance. She seems physically and mentally spent. Leaving aside current form, she has no business going deep into big clay events. Her RG run last year was total BS.

What I liked the most about Martic in this match was the way she handled Bartoli's nonstop grating histrionics. Bartoli always in a frenzy and looking a step away from having to be committed, Martic cool and quiet until she pulled off one of those "WHOA!" clever points of hers and then just let it rip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/LordFlasheart/54a08bfd2059992c0821602ca6c2c9a7-getty-511318238.jpg

This time Bartoli ate shit instead of cake.

:lol:

I've never seen Bartoli behave like that. She always had her moments, but this time her histrionics were way OTT. Even Martic looked duly perplexed. It made for some great entertainment, even if the quality of tennis was far from great.

Martic's outfit is fantastic and fits her stunning figure down to a T. Together with the Suzanne Lenglen picturesque backdrop it made for some special viewing.

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
q-4QDx5vgXI

Most ridiculous player on tour. The annoying psychotic allezs, the dramatic faces to her father,the hooligan behaviour... no wonder the FRENCH crowd wasnt even supporting her :hah:

Ferg
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
I love the way you've added Martic to your sig after this good run :rolls: Dont jump on the bandwagon anyways troll.

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
I love the way you've added Martic to your sig after this good run :rolls: Dont jump on the bandwagon anyways troll.

I only had sharapova in my sig before RG. I added my favourite players. If I was on a bandwagon I'd have added McHale, Zakopalova, Vepchenko etc.. besides you cant be talking about trolls with that avatar :hah:

Ferg
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Ill take your word for it I guess bandwagoner :oh:

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Ill take your word for it I guess bandwagoner :oh:

Bitter and pressed :kiss:

doujyr
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
has martic got longer legs than daniela?