PDA

View Full Version : RG R2: María José Martínez Sánchez (ESP) def Lucie Safarova (20) 6-4 7-5

C.MARTINEZ
May 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Hard match for them! but MJMS won!:worship:

Vamossss!!

So many unforced errors of Maria José, but she had more winners than Lucie

34 winners (MJMS) vs. 24 winners (Safarova)

Sexysova
May 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM
:help:

Caipirinha Guy
May 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Struggling against Birnerova and then beating Safarova out of blue. :lol:
Pepa :worship:

melodynelson
May 30th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Pepa played wonderfully, so many great drop shots and touch in general, lovely volleys. I hope she can beat Cibulkova--after she won Rome I thought she'd have a good RG result, maybe it'll be this year.

Johnbert
lucie :facepalm:

Phil=)
Damn Maria Jose is such a confidence player in some cases :o
Great win :hearts:
GL against Cibulkova

luppy55
May 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Lucie :help::facepalm:
really bad performance, not watchable

iPatty
How do you lose to someone who literally does not know how to hit a forehand? I really don't get it.

HuHu
Craftínezz Sanchéz :yeah:

Lucie :hug:

Tweety Snape
May 30th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Lucie played like crap. She couldn't figure out MJMS's drop shots at all. :facepalm:
Good match from Maria.

Mynarco
:help: useless Safarova.

Sammo
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

jrm
another epic fail for WTA and for all those who think female tennis is more interesting then men's :help: here you have player who has been knocking on top20 for more than 5 years now, coming from very comfortable win in round one (albeit crapster Yakimova) and faces someone with a different game and fails miserably. MJSM has been fighting injures the entire year and is hardly 100%, unlike Safarova has never been beyond 3rd round of a slam :lol:

itzhak
Lucie doesn't want to be in the top 20...

sxeraserhead
May 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Wow :eek: I was impressed enough that MJMS grinded her way through the first round, but to beat Lucie, it looks like she still has something left in the tank.

onion
May 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Maria Jose is a drop shots machine, :lol: well done MJMS! :hearts:

Lucie :hug:

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Safarova will be Safarova... Baffling result, I had her pinned for a 4th round clash with Azarenka. Imma give up on her for good.

Slampova
May 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Lucie wtf :speakles:

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I think I just witnessed one of the most annoying tennis players/performances ever, in Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez.

OMG. I have no problem with clay courters. Not at all. But this women had a powder puff serve, absolutely no fore hand, and bails out on every return/2nd rally ball (it seems), with an attempted drop shot from baseline.

How annoying.

Yes, Lucie, should of had a better ROS, served better, went to the net more frequently, worked her opponent around the court, and overall played better, to counter this. Agreed. But Sanchez was so annoying to watch.

Nonetheless; congrats to her. But Geesh!

Javi.
May 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Pepa :bounce:
It seems her game is coming back. :D If she is on, MJMS is able to upset Cibulkova.

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Really impressed and to be honest surprised. 1st 8 or so games were in truth pretty awful but after that Mariajo picked it up and Lucie did not. Mariajo really gave a very good account of herself as the match went on with all her usual touch, and assortment of spins making appearances.

Must say, I don't think Lucie likes play MJMS at all. She's relies so much on her timing to hit her winners but against MJMS she gets no rhythm at all and her game rather falls to pieces. Errors turn up everywhere and she is no longer able to tee off on her shots. On top of that MJMS was often able to toy with her using those dropshots.

Fun match overall, albeit one with too many errors, and I'm delighted to see MJMS picking her some quality wins again. :bounce:

Commiserations to Lucie. :hug:

John.
May 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ugh!

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2012, 01:28 PM
that shows once again how Safarova's game is monodimentional :shrug: give her players with different playing styles and she's lost (remember the USO 3rd with Monica?)

happy for MJMS to be fighting back some form :hug:

Blu€
May 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
MJMS :yeah: still far from her best but glad she didn't choke that 2nd set after those DFs at 4-3 and BPs 4-4!
Good luck against Domi! ;)

maletaja
May 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Can anyybody tell about Safarova serve? She didnt have any aces? MJMS dropshots in second serve showed that Safarova serve was bullshit

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
You have got to be kidding me!? :speakles:
Lucie :facepalm: x 1,000,000

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Can anyybody tell about Safarova serve? She didnt have any aces? MJMS dropshots in second serve showed that Safarova serve was bullshit

Yes, it's obvious Lucie didn't put any pressure on Sanchez, via her serve, ROS or groundies, cause MJMS was drop shotting Lucie every second ball it seemed.

It was embarrassing (on both their parts); MJMS for her repeated tries, and Safarova not putting enough on her shots to allow MJMS to keep attempting those silly forehand drop shots, spins and slices, from the baseline.

Some nice spins and slices from Lucie-herself, would of been effective against her opponent as well.

Strange. :eek: :lol: :eek:

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2012, 01:44 PM

MJMS can do that against most of the tour in fairness. :lol:

NA-GOAT
May 30th, 2012, 01:44 PM
congrats my new fave MJMS :inlove:

Mixal
May 30th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I watched the 1st set- very bad tennis. Safarova having no clue if you don't ballbash, MariaJo trying way too many dropshots.

Winning two rounds is great for her. Ground game looked decent :yeah:

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Safarova will be Safarova... Baffling result, I had her pinned for a 4th round clash with Azarenka. Imma give up on her for good.

Me too. She hasn't even made the 4th round at a Slam in 5 YEARS now :happy:

Girl is clearly overrated (for which I myself have played a part in).

FORZA SARITA
May 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Lucie

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg633/FORZAPENNETTA/MagikarpPokemonvideogameanimecharacter.gif

C. Drone
May 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Lucifer :weirdo: and MJMS also 2-0 against Domi, so she´ll single handedly clear the path for Azarenka, then fold. :facepalm:

BlueTrees
May 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Go to hell Lucie :rolleyes:

smarties
May 30th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Yes, it's obvious Lucie didn't put any pressure on Sanchez, via her serve, ROS or groundies, cause MJMS was drop shotting Lucie every second ball it seemed.

It was embarrassing (on both their parts); MJMS for her repeated tries, and Safarova not putting enough on her shots to allow MJMS to keep attempting those silly forehand drop shots, spins and slices, from the baseline.

Some nice spins and slices from Lucie-herself, would of been effective against her opponent as well.

Strange. :eek: :lol: :eek:

Exactly, tough day at the office; when she tried to hit out with pace, her ball landed 2 feet behind the baseline so she tried to put more spin on her groundies but MJMS dropshotted her to death :hysteric:

Sombrerero loco
May 30th, 2012, 02:30 PM
lucie :hug:

zigga
May 30th, 2012, 02:31 PM
:eek:
Lucie :facepalm:

*Jean*
May 30th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Lucie :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Juju Nostalgique
May 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Pepita :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Mustafina
May 30th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Please beat Domi now.

StephenUK
May 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Lucie always seems to reserve her worst tennis for when she is about to reach the top 20 and/or when she is seeded in a grand slam. Has she ever attained the round she is seeded to reach in a grand slam? :o

But MJMS is a canny player, especially on clay so has mainly fallen behind this year through injury, so maybe this loss is not as bad as some Lucie has had in slams....

ElusiveChanteuse
May 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
MJMS :cheer:

medved
May 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Lucifer :weirdo: and MJMS also 2-0 against Domi, so she´ll single handedly clear the path for Azarenka, then fold. :facepalm:

not necessarily. there is a good chance domi will wipe marijo off the court. she just has to be in the "focused-mode" instead of the "error-mode". against vania she was 0:3 in head-to-head and had no trouble to erase her today. we will see. but i still think that domi has a much better chance against victoria.

*Jool*
May 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM
well done, Pepa ! :yeah:

Moo_21
May 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Gutted to see Safarova lose today, she has been playing so well lately.

She really struggles against players who have a lot of variety in their game; that crushing to Niculescu at the US Open springs to mind :o

C.MARTINEZ
May 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
MJMS is the leader in the first/second serve return points after the fourth day of competition

she is the "dropshot returns queen" :devil::devil::cool:

Richie's
May 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Oh Lucie... Another missed GS.

C. Drone
May 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
not necessarily. there is a good chance domi will wipe marijo off the court. she just has to be in the "focused-mode" instead of the "error-mode". against vania she was 0:3 in head-to-head and had no trouble to erase her today. we will see. but i still think that domi has a much better chance against victoria.

thats true, King leading h2h, although those were much closer matches than Domi-MJMS. Also its not given that both bad H2H will change now. But... I too think Domi is favorite.
And thats prety obvious Domi has most chance against Vika, from the whole top side of the draw. :lol:

hankqq
May 30th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'll say it again-I think Safarova is really overrated on this forum. She's never been consistent enough to reach the top 20 :shrug:

rickxx
May 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
This is why Lucie will never make it to where her talent would entitle her for... Please, make the Top 20 Lucie!!

cowsonice
May 30th, 2012, 11:04 PM
LUCIE :bigcry:

So gutted for this loss. She had the draw to go deeper than this. :sad:

HOS
May 30th, 2012, 11:39 PM
loVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS RESULT

new-york
May 31st, 2012, 01:35 AM
Timing, Lucie, timing. :facepalm:

Smith Saybrook
May 31st, 2012, 02:59 AM