flareon
May 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
:D :yeah:
so happy for aleks

she broke to love to take it
next Vika!

longtin23
May 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
well done Jie, putting all four balls out of the court or to the net in the last game :facepalm:

Pasta-Na
May 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Zheng-R2 :hug:

rnwerner
May 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Very good stuff from Aleks.
Very good net approaches, 10 of 12.

Much better play than in Rome.
Good shape, she has a chance against Azarenka.

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Jie :facepalm: She really needs to do something about that utterly brainless ball bashing. It was :help: against Errani in Melbourne and now it's just :weirdo: I mean losing 2 and 4 against Wozniak on clay!? She would have choked if you just gave her an opportunity :rolleyes:

iPatty
May 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Azarenka is going to pounce all over Wozniak's serve. And she is too unathletic to make any inroads in rallies.

wozniak 1990
May 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Wozniak always play great in Paris. She took a set to Dementieva two years ago and almost one to Wozniacki last year. She is not a mess on clay as you say.

JamieMU30
May 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Wozniak has been pretty solid this year...Not surprised considering what a washed up hag Jie is....clinging just outside the Top 30 for dear life....Wozniak says clay is a good surface for her, looks like it is...Jie is back to the abyss just like last year...an irrelevant non-factor...Wozniak good luck against Vika

Vincey!
May 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Jie :facepalm: She really needs to do something about that utterly brainless ball bashing. It was :help: against Errani in Melbourne and now it's just :weirdo: I mean losing 2 and 4 against Wozniak on clay!? She would have choked if you just gave her an opportunity :rolleyes:

Clay is probably Aleks best surface and Zheng worse so it's not surprising at all lol.

Aleks played great in the first set, but then out of nowhere here serve went off in the 2nd...Not sure if she can challenge Azarenka with those 2nd set serves. Jie's game is really diminish on clay but she's always tricky. Happy Aleks won! Another good RG for her this year! :yeah:

GoofyDuck
May 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mug suck!!!

LefandePatty
May 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Aleks :hearts: too strong for Golden Flower :)

Leo St
May 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM
LMAO espn brasilian comentator just stated that caroline wozniacki won against zheng and will face azarenka next.. nice 3R

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Clay is probably Aleks best surface and Zheng worse so it's not surprising at all lol.

Aleks played great in the first set, but then out of nowhere here serve went off in the 2nd...Not sure if she can challenge Azarenka with those 2nd set serves. Jie's game is really diminish on clay but she's always tricky. Happy Aleks won! Another good RG for her this year! :yeah:

Nah, I just said that it's easy for Jie to lose 1 and 2 on hard courts, but on clay it's a different situation. She has more time to adjust to the ball...well only to bash her :rolleyes: and Wozniak isn't a great mover, so that was a + for Jie as well. But she bashed herself away...

Pasta-Na
May 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Nah, I just said that it's easy for Jie to lose 1 and 2 on hard courts, but on clay it's a different situation. She has more time to adjust to the ball...well only to bash her :rolleyes: and Wozniak isn't a great mover, so that was a + for Jie as well. But she bashed herself away...

Jie's consistent. She lost in RG R2 three or four years in a row. :o

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Jie's consistent. She lost in RG R2 three or four years in a row. :o

Oh, really? In that case mission accomplished :lol:

Vincey!
May 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Actually Jie's game is much better on HC than on clay :shrug: Clay take away pretty much all her games since she's a counter puncher that hits lots of flat balls. She's pretty small too and she doesn't slide at all, not helping her on clay. Aleks movement has improved and on clay she has more time to get to the ball and she can slide and she knows how to play on clay. :shrug:

Big_Banana
May 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM
:sad:

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Actually Jie's game is much better on HC than on clay :shrug: Clay take away pretty much all her games since she's a counter puncher that hits lots of flat balls. She's pretty small too and she doesn't slide at all, not helping her on clay. Aleks movement has improved and on clay she has more time to get to the ball and she can slide and she knows how to play on clay. :shrug:

I know she is better on HC, but she can burst into flames on HC and lose pretty badly. It wasn't the case on clay. And she is not a classical counter puncher, just watch her match against Razzano at AO this year.

Vincey!
May 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I know she is better on HC, but she can burst into flames on HC and lose pretty badly. It wasn't the case on clay. And she is not a classical counter puncher, just watch her match against Razzano at AO this year.

lol yes but you said it yourself, she can lose 6-1 6-2 on HC she lost 6-2 6-4 on clay here, that's already better :shrug:. I still think her game is not suited for clay, she only hits flat groundies and doesn't move well on clay, at least she doesn't take advantage of all the possibilities. She's the typical counter puncher, yes she can hit the ball when she needs to, but she counters more. If you can't see that Aleks is a better clay court player (only look on past results) I don't really understand your comments lol.

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
lol yes but you said it yourself, she can lose 6-1 6-2 on HC she lost 6-2 6-4 on clay here, that's already better :shrug:. I still think her game is not suited for clay, she only hits flat groundies and doesn't move well on clay, at least she doesn't take advantage of all the possibilities. She's the typical counter puncher, yes she can hit the ball when she needs to, but she counters more. If you can't see that Aleks is a better clay court player (only look on past results) I don't really understand your comments lol.

I didn't say Aleks isn't a better clay court player. I just say that Jie, when playing at least reasonable (not to say good :tape: ), can win more then 6 games against Wozniak. This today was mostly Jie sucking, not so much Wozniak playing good. The last game told everything about this match. Four UEs, Wozniak didn't even have to move :lol:

Vincey!
May 30th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I didn't say Aleks isn't a better clay court player. I just say that Jie, when playing at least reasonable (not to say good :tape: ), can win more then 6 games against Wozniak. This today was mostly Jie sucking, not so much Wozniak playing good. The last game told everything about this match. Four UEs, Wozniak didn't even have to move :lol:

oh I'm not saying Aleks played brilliantly, specially in that 2nd set. Considering how Zheng was playing tho, I'm actually surprised she won so many games lol. That's why I was actually quite surprised by your comment lol.

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 30th, 2012, 11:42 AM
:bounce: I knew Aleks had the form to get through to the 3rd round! Great job :)

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
BTW what's the status on Aleks playing Olympic games?

Belmont Lad
May 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Sooooo happy with this result, well done Aleks! :hearts: :banana: Nothing to lose against Shrieka, give it your best shot. :yeah: Olympic spot should be a wrap now as well :)

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
great job Aleks :woohoo:

*Jean*
May 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Aleks :yeah: :hearts:

ktoles2005
May 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hooray! :bounce: Aleks best results (aside from her title run at Stanford) have always been on clay, her other two finals have been on clay so it's definitely her best surface.

Aleks is really going to have to clean up the errors and have to serve out of her mind to have a fighting chance against Vika, but if there is ever a time to do it, now would be the time to do it, she's going to have to come out blasting though, I'm 100% behind Aleks though and I'm hoping for the upset but it's going to be super tough.

In regards to the Olympic spot, she was guaranteed before, so she's added to the lock. She's going to the Olympics.

Smith Saybrook
May 30th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Oy Zheng, was a useless clay season it's been. Once upon a time she used to be pretty comfortable on the dirt.

BlueTrees
May 30th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Great to see Aleks having a good year :yeah:

Dexter
May 30th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Ola has turned around her career nicely after dropping out of top100 in the last seasons. Almost back to top50. Keep going! :yeah:

Sombrerero loco
May 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
cornet :facepalm:

Vincey!
May 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
BTW what's the status on Aleks playing Olympic games?

with this win she's secured it for sure I believe :p

Ryan
May 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
So pumped for Aleks! Another great showing for her in Paris. Would love to see her push Vika and put in a good showing.

Juju Nostalgique
May 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Well done Aleks!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

wozniak 1990
May 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Aleks has pushed Radwanska and Venus to their limit this year. Let's hope we can have an other good matchup!

Drake1980
May 30th, 2012, 05:21 PM
:bounce: So awesome! :D