PDA

View Full Version : RG R2: Azarenka def. Pfizenmaier 6-1, 6-1

saul1333
May 30th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Thank you Vika :hearts:

Not smooth, crisp ballertude but better than R1 :yeah:

Patrick345
May 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Now the leading contender for the title as the first woman in round three. :hysteric:

Still not very convincing.

StoneRose
May 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
:cheer:, back on track hopefully?

Jane Lane
May 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sweet. :cheer: Much better.

Dinah :hug: She looked overwhelmed but amazing week for her.

VIKA?
May 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Much better. Keep going:yeah:

Vikapower
May 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
After the round 1 could only hope a cool swift match to keep the sensations coming. :worship: Maybe she'll hit the practice courts [or not] to keep working on things.

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Whatever-her-name-is was effin' horrible, wtf was that?

Better from Aza, but still not convincing.

Jimmie48
May 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Solid stuff from Pfizenmaier, it was obvious she wouldn't go any further than this.

Vika looked very solid throughout, I'm sure the R1 scare is behind her now. Neither of the possible R3 opponents should give her any trouble.

Leo St
May 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM
congrats to her fans but to be honest i wasnt a fan of this performance and sometimes wonder how she gets those results against radwanska playing like this

Jimmie48
May 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM

It was her first big tournament, she played ITF tourneys before that.

What do you expect, that she comes out and beats the #1 straight away? Silly...

Queenpova
May 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Amazing Play. She'll Win The FO For Sure.

Viktymise
May 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM

Yes, yes, yes.

I know she inexperienced but that was so bad. Leaking UEs off of rally balls, and had absolutely nothing in her game to hurt Vuvuzenka with.

Vuvuzenka should be thanking her lucky stars for this draw.

GoDominique
May 30th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Dinah was pretty awful today but that's irrelevant, amazing tournament for her.

Tennis Fool

Better from Aza, but still not convincing.
Unranked to Rd. 2 of a Slam within a year is pretty damn incredible.

DaMatz
Very good tournament from Pfizenmaier :), it was her second appearance in a MD of a tournament higher than ITF and than against Vika. Hope she can do well in the next weeks/months.

Tenis Srbija
Pfinzenmaier has no weapons to do any harm to Azarenka :shrug: NID result...

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
It was her first big tournament, she played ITF tourneys before that.

What do you expect, that she comes out and beats the #1 straight away? Silly...

Relax, I'm just commenting on what I saw. NID that you'd get your panties in a twist though.

AnywhereButHome
Azarenka should have lost in the first round not Serna.Life is so unfair :bigcry: :hysteric: :bigcry:

Jimmie48
Relax, I'm just commenting on what I saw. NID that you'd get your panties in a twist though.

What you saw was a 18 year old who never played such an opponent on such a stage before. Sometimes thinking before you speak couldn't hurt..

Sombrerero loco
May 30th, 2012, 11:17 AM
expected after the brianti thing...

madmax
May 30th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Vuvurenka double breadsticking her opponent with a negative W/UE record...:facepalm:
How do these ITF scrubs reach R2 of slams anyway?

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
What you saw was a 18 year old who never played such an opponent on such a stage before. Sometimes thinking before you speak couldn't hurt..

WTF is your problem? Why do you go around attacking people when they don't agree with you? God, I forgot how much more peaceful GM was without you spewing your crap.

Sure it's a great achievement that she made it this far, but I thought she was crap today and she was. That's all I was saying. Jesus Christ.

Jimmie48
May 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm attacking people? You just shit all over a nice girl who played a respectable match and I'm the unreasonable guy? Give me a break...

Learn to take responsibility for what you say, you can be held accountable.

Simugna Help
May 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Vuvurenka double breadsticking her opponent with a negative W/UE record...:facepalm:
How do these ITF scrubs reach R2 of slams anyway?

There are still 64 players in R2 of GS and maaaaybe 50 players play quality tennis at any given point (and some of them loseR1like Serena). There's still some room for worse players.

Vikapower
May 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
to be honest i wasnt a fan of this performance

:lol: This match was not to play lights out tennis -- this match was to reassure herself and her game nothing more. She just needs to keep building and her best will be back --

Her R128 was super-bad it would be confidence devastating to come back again with that negativity. This match is very positive, solid etc. but still some little things to work on.

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I'm attacking people? You just shit all over a nice girl who played a respectable match and I'm the unreasonable guy? Give me a break...

Learn to take responsibility for what you say, you can be held accountable.

And yes, attack people. You've always been one to take cheap shots at people when they don't agree with you. I just didn't think she played well at all... am I not allowed to think that? LORD :rolls: Bye now.

The Dawntreader
May 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
And yes, attack people. You've always been one to take cheap shots at people when they don't agree with you. I just didn't think she played well at all... am I not allowed to think that? LORD :rolls: Bye now.

STOP BEING SO MEAN!!!!1111 SHE'S 18!!111 HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN OPINION!!111

LUVMIRZA
May 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Victoria:cheer::cheer: I didnot watch the match. Guess she played better than that awful first round match.

Jimmie48

I don't care if you agree with me or not, all I'm asking for is some decency. You could have said "I didn't think she played well at all" Fair comment, all fine..

What you said instead was:

Don't play stupid and tell me you don't realize the different tone. You wanted to sound like a dick on purpose and now that I'm calling you out on it you play innocent... at least have the decency to stick up for your bullshit.

DaMatz

Do you mean Pfizenmaier? She is 20, born in 1992 ;).

matthias
May 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
i hope Dinah enjoyed it anyway

kiriosh.
May 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
So good tournament for Pfizy. Hope she keep it :)

Igor_Biscan
May 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Victoria:cheer::cheer: I didnot watch the match. Guess she played better than that awful first round match.

Yes better but still nowhere her best. Hopefully that's still to come

Johnbert
May 30th, 2012, 11:34 AM
sharapova only won 1 game more than dinah in australian open final 2012 :shrug:

great tournament for pfizi :clap2:

Leo St
May 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
:lol: This match was not to play lights out tennis -- this match was to reassure herself and her game nothing more. She just needs to keep building and her best will be back --

Her R128 was super-bad it would be confidence devastating to come back again with that negativity. This match is very positive, solid etc. but still some little things to work on.

looking at your perspective, you are right.. best tennis only needs to come up in the second week, too bad not from my favorite, who needs to bring it right here right now

The Dawntreader
May 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Do you mean Pfizenmaier? She is 20, born in 1992 ;).

Tell that to Jimmie :oh:

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I don't care if you agree with me or not, all I'm asking for is some decency. You could have said "I didn't think she played well at all" Fair comment, all fine..

What you said instead was:

Don't play stupid and tell me you don't realize the different tone. You wanted to sound like a dick on purpose and now that I'm calling you out on it you play innocent... at least have the decency to stick up for your bullshit.

Whatever. I don't see what was wrong with what I said at all.

Let's just end this and agree to disagree.

Vaidisova
May 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Much better today Vika

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Victoria looks very beatable. Hopefully Stosur is taking note.

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
i hope Dinah enjoyed it anyway

She earned 30.000e and played against No1 in the world. So I guess she is pretty much...
http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201205/5325/funny-gifs-sometimes-you-just-gotta-dance.gif?1338371211

Carsten
May 30th, 2012, 12:00 PM

She's 20 ;) But she was unranked one year ago so this is of course an amazing achievment for her.

Matt01
May 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Vika back on track :dance:

Oh, come on. Craigy-boy is one of my favorite Pova-stans but his comment was simply stupid and if you can't see that, well :shrug:

Gilas.
May 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Dinah :hug: respectable performance given the circumstances. Hopefully we'll see you in the main circuit more.

CR3WLFC
May 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
boring ......

vspak
May 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
w000w she won against top200 player :eek: :eek: :eek: :worship:

TheKid!
May 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Dinah :hug: Great tournament for her :) First Grand Slam and 4 four matches won :worship: After the great match against Garcia, she must be happy for this Roland Garros :)

StoneRose
May 30th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Victoria looks very beatable. Hopefully Stosur is taking note.Beatable perhaps but by Stosur :confused:, don't know about that. Hope Vika has some confidence back by that time or i may end up eating my words here :).

Simugna Help
May 30th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Beatable perhaps but by Stosur :confused:, don't know about that. Hope Vika has some confidence back by that time or i may end up eating my words here :).

They haven't met on clay, their game might match differently here than on clay courts.

miffedmax
May 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Vika is finding some form and winning when she has to. I don't think clay is her best surface, so I'll be happy with a good second-week showing.

StoneRose
May 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM
They haven't met on clay, their game might match differently here than on clay courts.Agree. Then again Sam doesn't seem in prime form herself, at least not in the form she was 2 years ago. Clay isn't Vika's best surface but if she can get some confidence back she should be favorite against Sam. If not she may get hammered.

Vikapower
May 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
looking at your perspective, you are right.. best tennis only needs to come up in the second week, too bad not from my favorite, who needs to bring it right here right now

;) Fortunately she has days in between for that but it's a step by step process -- you can only play great tennis coming from a normal solid base but not from your worst match ever to brilliance from the snap of a finger.

If you're speaking about Venus, this tournament is pretty wide open with a select few girls who just have a slight stronger chance than others -- I believe now she's not that far, in RG you just can't predict anything safely but can only hope.

After yesterday's match considering most people have disregarded Venus, she should normally feel confident in herself that in this specific tourney anything can happen more than anywhere else. I would prevent under-estimating her and any potent/semi-potent player having the ability to create upsets against the so-called "favorites". -- We'll see.

Venus rank is the reason she needs to bring her immediate best (meets the best/good players early), would she have been top ten things would have been different IMO. ;)

Temperenka
May 30th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Victoria looks very beatable. Hopefully Stosur is taking note.

You mean Petrova? And frankly, I'm more worried about Domi than Sam. :shrug:

Good win, pink panther! :yeah:

hurricanejeanne
May 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Much better from the Queen of Fuckery but not perfect.

A very good tournament from Dinah; will have to keep an eye out for her in the future.

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 02:12 PM
You mean Petrova? And frankly, I'm more worried about Domi than Sam. :shrug:

Good win, pink panther! :yeah:

Don't get me wrong, I still hope she's gonna make the final from that side of the draw. She'll have a lot of trouble getting past Stosur simply because this is clay, but 12-0 in sets is kinda glaring and it may just be enough to get her over the finish line.

I really think we're gonna get a classic from Maria and Azarenka at some point this year. Hopefully it's right here in RG.

CillyUltra
May 30th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Dinah can't be praised highly enough. :worship: A pro since 10 months, basically playing at 25k level in front of small audiences. Now competing on one of the biggest tennis courts against the no.1. Unsurprisingly, she couldn't cope with this situation today, physically and mentally a bit exhausted as well.

Definitely more to come.

CillyUltra
May 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM

Yeah, but way ahead of Sharapova in the likability department. :)

HRHoliviasmith
May 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Good win and good luck in the next round, Vika.

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM

:rolls:

tejmeglekvár
May 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM

good for her. Next fan favorite? Although wouldnt hurt keeping ball in play more times.

saw a little interview on ES, her voice is totally differrent than what I expected. :lol:

Juju Nostalgique
May 30th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Pfizzy :hug:

Break My Rapture
May 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Yes, yes, yes.

I know she inexperienced but that was so bad. Leaking UEs off of rally balls, and had absolutely nothing in her game to hurt Vuvuzenka with.

Vuvuzenka should be thanking her lucky stars for this draw.
SN: Vuvurenka sounds a lot better than Vuvuzenka.

Berlin_Calling
May 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Back on track for Vika, playing to peak for week two :)

ElusiveChanteuse
May 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Vika :cheer:

gmak
May 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Vika :yeah: :D :)
much better today ;)