PDA

View Full Version : Any non Serena fans are dissapointed with her loss? Why?

tenn_ace
May 29th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I'm. She's become a royalty of tennis and we are privileged to have her play (still) after all predictions of her retiring early. She brings a lot of fun and her matches are more memorable than of any other player (not always for the right reason I have to admit). I do not know how long we are going to see more of her tennis career, so it is dissapointing that she lost early.

Also, I really won her to win a slam after all she has gone through last year. Hope she's back with the vengeance at Wimbledon. :)

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Maybe some American fans who wanted a clean sweep of round 1, but Hampton ruined that.

Now I'm sad Hampton can't take advantage of Serena's departure.

GO李娜
May 29th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Because Vultures of some fan bases will keep yaping non stop,
Its really annoying, Serena lost today. Those Owls will stay up all night talking about her
Making bird shit comments.

Vespertine69
May 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not a Serena fan, and there are a lot of players I like more... but there is a certain loss as a general fan of the sport not to have a great player like that in the closing stages of a slam. That said, as a neutral, Virginie winning was an amazing story and the match was incredibly exciting... so overall, I suppose it's 50/50 between enjoying the excitement of a big favourite getting knocked out by a plucky contender, and enjoying the most accomplished players facing off at the end of the tournament.

toxina90
May 29th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Not a fan really, but don't mind her, she's funny and I like watching her demolish certain players :devil:. I felt sorry for her today, she sounded desperate and almost like a wounded animal, at 0-5 down (I wanted Virginie to make it 3 sets) I was cheering for her to come back :angel:

mauresmofan
May 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM
She really is quite amazing when her back is to the wall. I respect that a lot and I also respect Razzano given what she's gone through and with the anniversary of her Fiance she was in a much better space to really channel that type of inspiration this year. The match was great tv, it was exciting and enthralling and everything womens tennis used to be a few years ago. Sadly I had money on Williams to win the tournament but hey ho never bet more than you're willing to lose, that's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it.

mac47
May 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I'm disappointed because as long as she was in the draw, that Siberian Satan couldn't win the tournament. But now only Na and Kvitty can stop her, and neither of them is likely to do so, I'm afraid. Now probably the only other way to avoid a f***ing Pova championship is for Vika to win, and that's a result I dread almost as much.

Plus this loss will make Serena positively ravenous for a slam win, and she will take it out on Kvitty at Wimbledon, probably enabling another wretched Pova win there.

Nightmares.

Charlatan
May 30th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I'm disappointed because as long as she was in the draw, that Siberian Satan couldn't win the tournament. But now only Na and Kvitty can stop her, and neither of them is likely to do so, I'm afraid. Now probably the only other way to avoid a f***ing Pova championship is for Vika to win, and that's a result I dread almost as much.

Plus this loss will make Serena positively ravenous for a slam win, and she will take it out on Kvitty at Wimbledon, probably enabling another wretched Pova win there.

Nightmares.

NID :rolls: Instead of trying to ass lick serena, why don't you worry about petra's chances and expect her to beat those players you hate?

killerqueen
May 30th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I'm disappointed. Though I don't particularly dislike Serena, I often find myself rooting against her and was completely Team Razzano tonight, but frankly any tournament without Serena is worse off. I wanted her to lose early, but not this early. It's just not the same without her there to terrorize everyone.

Roookie
May 30th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hell no :banana::aparty:

HRHoliviasmith
May 30th, 2012, 12:28 AM

Nightmares.

:hysteric: you are hilarious as usual. :hug:

StoneRose
May 30th, 2012, 12:29 AM

Nightmares.I'm not so sure. Serena may be ravenous but it seems she can't really bring it anymore on the biggest stages. She's won a lot of tournaments since Wimbledon last year but never the biggest ones for various reasons. Comes a time when excuses run out. Tournament is wide open now (if it wasn't already). Maria had a good clay season but there are a lot of players left who can beat her, not in the least Vika if she gets her stuff together. Still Maria slight favorite now, she's been very consistent on every clay surface sofar.

razzer
May 30th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Im disappointed because she should have lost to a more talented player because Serena was in form and was playing like her life defended on it. However her opponent was able to withstand serena's intimidation hence she was able to expose the real serena - overrated.

NashaMasha
May 30th, 2012, 01:20 AM
I am a bit disappointed , because I anticiapted Masha -Serena match on red clay.. Serena escaped from being beaten in Rome and RG was the best place to show Serena how different is red clay to blue clay and how weak is Serena without her serve advantage

Now I hardly believe that Serena will ever dare to play with Masha on red clay ...

hingisGOAT
May 30th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I'm disappointed because as long as she was in the draw, that Siberian Satan couldn't win the tournament.

I agree completely. It is a terrible thought that Sharapova could possibly win a Slam when her main rival smacks her the hell up in 45 minutes every time they play. What incredible fortune for Maria. :tape:

Fortunately I think someone else will take out the trash :lol:

NashaMasha
May 30th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I agree completely. It is a terrible thought that Sharapova could possibly win a Slam when her main rival smacks her the hell up in 45 minutes every time they play. What incredible fortune for Maria. :tape:

Fortunately I think someone else will take out the trash :lol:

Serena on the slow red clay was a doomed victim for Maria , Maria still has in the draw more dangerous rivals

Dominic
May 30th, 2012, 02:29 AM

Nightmares.

:lol: You're even more sad than I thought

pov
May 30th, 2012, 02:43 AM
- IMO S.Williams is one of the players that are in a category where anyone who doesn't respect what they have accomplished in the sport isn't an intelligent, informed fan of tennis. You don't have to like a player to respect their accomplishments.

mickymouse
May 30th, 2012, 03:23 AM
I am. You want the best for the second week and Serena/Sharapova was eagerly anticipated. Razzano, given the condition she's in, is highly unlikely to go far after this. At least when Soderling beat Nadal, he went on to reach the finals.

Dominic
May 30th, 2012, 03:26 AM
- IMO S.Williams is one of the players that are in a category where anyone who doesn't respect what they have accomplished in the sport isn't an intelligent, informed fan of tennis. You don't have to like a player to respect their accomplishments.

How is this in relation to the thread?

Vincey!
May 30th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I am, she's not in my top favorites but I'm often rooting for her. She's great for the sport and even tho she has a bad temper and can be a brat, she's the original brat so she's allowed to and that's good for the WTA. I was really looking forward to that match aginst Sharapova, I was pretty sure Sharapova would have beaten her this time. It's a shame she lost really.

*Jean*
May 30th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I am devastated. Serena is such a legend, such a fighter. She's the Federer of WTA, THE real #1. And now Razzano is going to lose in straight sets to Arantxa Rus. Kinda sad.

eck
May 30th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I'm disappointed because I would have liked her to win RG over Pova. And she seemed to be the best candidate to beat her.
All things considered, Pova has made tremendous improvements on ice, so I guess hats off to her for that, but yeah, would have like Serena to win another.

PMBH
May 30th, 2012, 05:58 AM

I agree. I'm definitely no fan of Serena, and as a Caro supporter I'm happy to see Serena eliminated from the draw before their potential R4 match-up. But she's by far the most accomplished player in the women's game and it's always disappointing to see the biggest names ousted early. It takes some of the spark out of the tournament...