PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams

bertoltbrecht
May 29th, 2012, 09:03 PM
How ironic would it be if Venus won Roland Garros? I had a distinct feeling this morning that Serena would lose today and Venus will go on to do very well, if not win the whole thing. Stranger things have happened.

I am just gutted by Serena's loss. But, I think the end is near; as far as grand slam dominance. I saw the same patterns of fluke losses with Navratilova, Seles, Venus, and sadly, now Serena. Once that swagger is gone it is very hard to get it back. I could care less who wins now, just as long as it is not Sharapova.

GO李娜
May 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
She has a good chance against the Vulture.
But she can't win ,

VishaalMaria
May 29th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Venus is going to lose to Aga.

Simugna Help
May 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Venus is going to lose to Aga.

Why the sudden pessimism after several days-long celebrations of forthcoming victory?

ViceUltramontain
May 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Why the sudden pessimism after several days-long celebrations of forthcoming victory?

Serena lost.

DokDi
May 29th, 2012, 09:10 PM
We all know Venus sucks when her sister is OUT. :shrug:

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM

serena lost? :shrug:

doomsday
May 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
How ironic would it be if Venus won Roland Garros? I had a distinct feeling this morning that Serena would lose today and Venus will go on to do very well, if not win the whole thing. Stranger things have happened.

I am just gutted by Serena's loss. But, I think the end is near; as far as grand slam dominance. I saw the same patterns of fluke losses with Navratilova, Seles, Venus, and sadly, now Serena. Once that swagger is gone it is very hard to get it back. I could care less who wins now, just as long as it is not Sharapova.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: and Maria has to be brought again :lol::lol::lol::lol:

jdog3008
May 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Venus getting further than Serena!!!!!

MegaDethly
May 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Venus stay focused and just keep your eye on the prize.

AcesHigh
May 29th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Serena lost so venus will lose in two quick straight sets

Cosmic Voices
May 29th, 2012, 09:27 PM
:spit: yeh ok

Tennisstar86
May 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Serena lost so venus will lose in two quick straight sets

Serena is still in Paris playing mixed doubles....its not like when she usually loses and is on the first plane out of there.

anyway... A few others still need to lose, but if Sharapova/ she beats Radwanska/ Azarenka lose, she could do well here. From the play Ive seen someone will have to beat her if the fatigue holds up. We havent seen how she does with a days rest between matches with this illness so who knows. I think shes got a better chance at Wimbledon though if she were to lose early here. as she would have zero pressure. but say she makes the quarters here, people would expect great things.

Queenpova
May 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM
venus is a grown woman, why'd she lose if serena loses?

dagamezbest
May 29th, 2012, 10:24 PM
venus is a grown woman, why'd she lose if serena loses?

I know it sounds crazy but sadly I agree.

Whenever Serena loses in a tournament before Venus for some reason Venus loses her focus and gives up in her next match. Since Serena still has to play mixed this may not be the case. But I am hoping that Venus handles business and does what she needs to do.

akosijepoy
May 29th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I doubt it. Her focus is on the Olympics

TennisArt
May 29th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Wishful thinking. This is Venus we are talking about. Make her hit 3 balls and she's toast.

Tennisstar86
May 29th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I doubt it. Her focus is on the Olympics

Hey Focus was on qualifying for the Olympics. Shes essentially already qualified at this point. The Olympics are in 2 months. she'll worry about them after Wimbledon at this point.

Wishful thinking. This is Venus we are talking about. Make her hit 3 balls and she's toast.

You must have missed her first round match.....

jrollaneres25
May 30th, 2012, 01:16 AM
I know it sounds crazy but sadly I agree.

Whenever Serena loses in a tournament before Venus for some reason Venus loses her focus and gives up in her next match. Since Serena still has to play mixed this may not be the case. But I am hoping that Venus handles business and does what she needs to do.

So what happened Wimbledon 2005 and 2007?

Anyways, I think Venus will make it far, but not sure she will win. I hope she does, but I have a feeling that Schiavone is winning again this year:tape:

The 2nd Law
May 30th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Pencil it in, it's happening. My University facebook page just posted this:

http://transit.eventbrite.com/

The transit of Venus is one of the rarest astronomical events you will ever see. It only occurs twice in most human lifetimes. Observers in Melbourne will be in a great position to see the transit on June 6th, but don’t miss this one or you won’t get another chance until 2117! In the 18th Century, the transit was the focus of an international scientific collaboration of heroic proportions. Edmund Halley, Captain James Cook and a cast of thousands featured in a swashbuckling chapter from the history of science. In this lecture, Dr Bart Pindor will tell us why the transit happens, what it tells us, and how astronomers are still learning from it today as they search for planets outside the solar system.

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 02:44 AM
What's crazy is that this is the first time that Venus has gone further in a slam than Serena (that they both played) since Wimbledon 2008, when Venus beat her in the final.

gmokb
May 30th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Still shock from Serena's lost, didn't see it coming at all.:sad: I would be equally shock if Venus won and I am a Williams fan.:(

SELVEN
May 30th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Venus will bring the spirit to beat Radwanska , hopefully!

Renalicious
May 30th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Venus better not eff this up. :o After Serena loses, usually Venus loses in two easy sets. :rolleyes:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 30th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Venus is a gemini, we can be brilliant one minute and an absolute fuck up the next. Just depends which Venus Williams shows up on any given day :)

Maddox
May 30th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Venus can definitely win, yes in the past when Serena looses Venus follows suit but that has been when they play within minutes of each other

2004 french open
2008 french open
2011 wimbledon

Serena is still playing mixed, so I don't think that excuse would work for her loosing.

Go Venus :cheer:

supergrunt
May 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Venus is in sparkling form. :)

Knizzle
May 30th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Not gonna happen...

Smith Saybrook
May 30th, 2012, 07:08 AM
One match at a time for Venus. Beating Radwanska right now would be magical all on it's own.

Talula
May 30th, 2012, 07:46 AM
So what happened Wimbledon 2005 and 2007?

Anyways, I think Venus will make it far, but not sure she will win. I hope she does, but I have a feeling that Schiavone is winning again this year:tape:

I was going to say the same about Venus.

I would LOVE to see her win Roland Garros.

Please don't let Schiavone win. Anyone but her please.

Simugna Help
May 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I can't at all the superstitions :haha:

Don McGurcock
May 30th, 2012, 08:27 AM
It would certainly not be ironic were Venus Williams to win RG. The only way such a statement would be 'ironic' were if, for example, having seen her sister capitulate to Razzano yesterday, Venus decided she wanted to join her on the plane and therefore tried to lose all her remaining games in this tournament, but was unable to lose them as she was trying to do, and then after 2 weeks of failed tanking she became French Open Champion 2012.