PDA

View Full Version : I think my family has jinxed Serena Williams!!!

StephenUK
May 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM
1998 Wimbledon: I am walking round the outside courts, have noticed on the scoreboard that Lindsay Davenport is about to lose in an absolute shocker to Denisa Chladkova so am rushing to that court with a cup of tea in my hand. I suddenly notice I am about to crash into someone and who is it but Serena Williams with her security men, walking to her court. I apologise, which Serena returns with a basilisk stare. Serena is going to her third round match vs Virginia Ruano Pascual, which she duly loses, retiring in the third set.

2012 Roland Garros: My sister goes to the tennis on Sunday but after her day, she goes to the centre of Paris and walks past the shrine to Princess Diana at the Pont d'Iena. Who should she see crossing the road but Serena Williams with two friends, who are clearly looking for a restaurant, she oversees Serena say; 'I think it's this way.' Two days later Serena loses her first ever GS 1r in a totally inexplicable defeat to Virginie Razzano!

So that is probably as good as a reason as you can find for Serena's shock defeat today!!!

ViceUltramontain
May 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I know we all are in shock but it looks like some of us might use some medical help.

Direwolf
May 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I think youre family should be banned from entering the grounds...

You have to be careful not to let the Williamses read this.

Williamsfan4ever
May 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
No I have things like that too. However, I don't care if she ever wins another tennis match again. My girl is alive. She could have died last year. If that would have happened I would have still been shaking out of grief. I can barely get over Whitney dying. I still cry a bit when I hear her songs. The French open is just not for Serena to win. IDC She is still Serena Williams.