PDA

View Full Version : RG R1: Virginie Razzano def. Serena Williams 46 76(5) 63

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

2Black
May 31st, 2012, 03:39 PM
I don't give a hoot about "other" fans coming after Serena... I just hold up a 1 and a 3 and move on.

Congrats Serena... Your last 3 French Opens have ended with weird losses but it's all good. Let's move on to Wimbledon, Olympics & The Open!

HippityHop
May 31st, 2012, 04:56 PM
:lol: Never mind..

I won't because she does have a title from RG.

By the way who was the last American to win at RG?

pov
May 31st, 2012, 05:09 PM
That's correct. And only 2 on red clay (RG & Rome in 2002). Other than that, she only has green clay Charleston in 2008 and 2012 and blue clay Madrid.
I didn't know that. I'd have guessed she had more.

Roookie
May 31st, 2012, 05:22 PM
I didn't know that. I'd have guessed she had more.

Some people would say 2002's title was a fluke.

Queenpova
May 31st, 2012, 05:42 PM
By the way who was the last American to win at RG?

Oudin

HRHoliviasmith
May 31st, 2012, 05:47 PM
So the winner will be from Na, Victoria or Petra then.

God willing.

LUVMIRZA
May 31st, 2012, 05:57 PM
Wowww...this thread has become something else:spit:

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Some people would say 2002's title was a fluke.

Yep...much like Masha's ' 06 u.s. open. Hasn't been past 4r at the u.s open since ' 06! :eek:

Super Dave
May 31st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Wowww...this thread has become something else:spit:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1135194_o.gif

serenafan08
May 31st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Okay...I'm just going to speak for myself. Unlike a lot of you I don't group Serena fans together by saying we all think the same and feel the same. Serena lost. BIG FUCKING DEAL. It's sports people. Guess what I did? Went to bed Tuesday night, woke up Wednesday morning and moved on with my life. I suggest y'all do the same. Serena is. Yes, losing hurts, especially when it's the first time she won't play a 2nd round match at a Grand Slam. I think the way things have changed is real funny. Before, people were up in arms because Serena only won majors and didn't win smaller events. Now people are up in arms because she wins smaller events but loses at majors. That's the way a career goes - you go through peaks and valleys. It happens.

HippityHop
May 31st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Oudin

Yeah, right. You know what I mean. ;)

If you don't hoist the trophy at the end, it doesn't matter, does it?

DonnaT
May 31st, 2012, 07:37 PM
I was shocked with this result and still I'm.
I don't know what happened with Serena,she had match in her hands.:o

i think Maria likes this result :)

HippityHop
May 31st, 2012, 07:52 PM
I was shocked with this result and still I'm.
I don't know what happened with Serena,she had match in her hands.:o

i think Maria likes this result :)

Ya think? :lol:

MrJovani2293
Jun 1st, 2012, 06:28 AM
This is kinda of random but I was re watching the match, I was wondering who all of the students were in the uniforms? Are they from an academy in Paris? I've noticed them is a few other matches and i just wanted to know.

tkutsaar
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM
I have had the opportunity of now seeing this match in its entirety as I watched the Caro match at the time. Being a Caro fan, and as I expected a routine victory by Serena I decided to skip watching this match knowing I could see it on ESPN3 later, which I’ve now done. I’m not a Serena fan nor am I a hater- I like to think I don’t hate any player I just don’t cheer for some players. So I like to think to think I am neutral as I express my impressions and recap the match:

1. This was easily one of the most highly entertaining women’s tennis match I had witnessed. Even though I knew the results beforehand I still enjoyed the experience of the obvious drama of the match.

2. Posters in this forum throw around the word “choke” indiscriminately as when one player has a good lead but ultimately loses is said to have choked. That is unfair to the players who are trying their best to win and even though when gain a huge lead and ought to win they are still facing an opponent who is trying to thwart them. So instead of saying a player choked how about saying the opponent picked up her game a higher level.

3. Or we can say there is ebb and flow and this match had plenty of it. Right from the get go in seeing Razzano’s level of play you could sense that this was not going to be a blow out for Serena. As it was it was Razzano who took early command of the first set and was in a position to win up a break as late as after seven games. However Serena clawed back and Razzano was serving the tenth game when Serena broke as a result of a DF by Virginie.

4. Losing a set as a result of a DF is the epitome of choking and most players would be mentally devastated. But full marks to Razzano for continuing her level of play as the second set was tightly contested. Each held their service games and I think there were virtually no break points. Then we got to the epic tie break with Serena taking a 5-1 lead only to lose the next six points and the set.

5. A Serena choke perhaps? She went on to lose the first five games of the third set but it was not over yet. Serena held serve on the 6th and 8th games and broke Razzano on the seventh game to bring up the unbelievable 9th game. I imagine everyone who watched it live no matter whom you were cheering for was tearing their hair out in the back forth between the alterations of break points and match points.

6. I believe that game lasted about 23 minutes, as I watched the clock, which is nine minutes less than the length including breaks of the entire 1988 championship match wherein Graff beat Zvereva 6-0, 6-0. For sheer excitement and drama this game rivaled the second set tie-breaker between Kirilenko and Stosur at last year’s US Open.

7. One last point, some poster started a thread with the fatuous accusation of French fans being racists and booing Serena unfairly. Certainly the fans were cheering for Razzano as the underdog and countrywomen; it would be unnatural to do otherwise. However the fans did not boo Serena whatsoever and did in fact cheer her when she won her points. The only booing was directed at the umpire who made the atrocious hindrance call at 30-30 in the final fame giving Serena an undeserved break point. Had Serena prevailed as a result of the call and went on to have won the match the ensuing controversy would never die down.

Aside from not liking the ultimate result if you did not enjoy this match, then what do you enjoy in watching women’s tennis.?

ViceUltramontain
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:36 AM
This is kinda of random but I was re watching the match, I was wondering who all of the students were in the uniforms? Are they from an academy in Paris? I've noticed them is a few other matches and i just wanted to know.

Yep, they're students from the Polytechnique School.

GermanBoy
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
She's never lost earlier than 3rd round in a slam since she began playing in 1999. It's 111th ranked Razzano who hands her a first early loss, after months playing a lot of ITFs. Was down 1-5 in the 2nd set TB, won a dozen of straight points and went up 5-0* in the decider. Serena and her BFF Eva Asderaki with all those hindrance calls (OMG that was too much :lol:) failed to come back this time, and Virginie desperately tried to choke but it wasn't enough. That was crazy. After match point number 8 (!), an amazing 46 76(5) 63 win.

I was there watching it live, it was amazing! :D

Mashi
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I like Suzanne Lenglen attitude on court.
EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.

Bismarck.
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM
:lol: You're a mess.

GoofyDuck
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I like Suzanne Lenglen attitude on court.
EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.

digging all your way to page 300 and post in the wrong thread.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/ellariadustin/th_tumblr_m02qvjjakc1r1nbmo.gif

ViceUltramontain
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:31 PM
:sobbing:

Doully
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:32 PM

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/ellariadustin/th_tumblr_m02qvjjakc1r1nbmo.gif

Seriously :lol:

Pathetic bump. Begone troll.

Mashi
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:33 PM

There's an option called "Last page" but you obviously don't know anything about it. :wavey:

Hurley
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
^Anyone want to bet against me that this won't last the fortnight?

FedererBulgaria
Jun 24th, 2012, 07:44 PM
This is old thread so pls stop posting here...wait 2-3 days and u will post in Sharapova`s 2nd round exit...its Wimbledon