PDA

View Full Version : RG R1: Virginie Razzano def. Serena Williams 46 76(5) 63

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Annie.
May 29th, 2012, 11:06 PM
and yet you are still gloating on her past achievements now and taking shots at younger players, who are still in the draw and are contending for the title...nobody cares what Williams did in 2002 - we are living in 2012 now with 4 different players holding all 4 slams. The sooner you will deal with this grim reality, the better it will be for your sanity:wavey:

And none of them are named Sharapova :oh:

Calypso
May 29th, 2012, 11:06 PM
The really fascinating part of that match was that the last, long game was *4-5. So if Serena gets to 5-5 she becomes a huge favorite to win the match.
It kept going matchpoint, deuce.. once in a while a breakpoint for 5-5.
That was a very tense last half hour.

No, it was actually 3-5* with Virginie serving for the match. Had Serena converted a break point, it would be back on serve at *4-5, serving to level the final set at 5-all. A little tougher scenario to get to 5-5, Serena had to break serve and hold to tie the score ;).

madmax
May 29th, 2012, 11:08 PM
And none of them are named Sharapova :oh:

your point being?
Maria will have a shot at plenty of slams in the near future - she still just turned 25 at the end of the day. Not to mention she is playing her best tennis this year since early 2008. BYE:wavey:

msharafan
May 29th, 2012, 11:08 PM
That was such a dramatic match especially that last game, it felt like it went on for an eternity. So happy for razanno pulling out the win, at one point I thought Serena was going to win in that game. A very shocking loss for Serena, but some people saying she's done are stupid, Serena has proved in the past underestimate her at your own peril. I really think if Serena had have pulled through that match she could have gone on to win her 2nd French open, I would say a lot of players in the draw are feeling a lot more confident now Serena is out of the draw. Once again congratulations to razanno im so happy for her :-) im sure her fiance is looking down and is so proud of her, such an emotional win for her :-)

F-R-E-A-K
May 29th, 2012, 11:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Serena :eek: :o :sad:

serenafann
May 29th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Serena... Serena... Serena,this is so painful as a fan,why did you come apart in that tiebreaker??!!! I hope next year you can entirely get past your isues with clay,WHY??? not make her play on the break points instead of Continually going for quick hit returns that weren't working consistently,in other words tennis 101- Make Them Play,instead of bailing out your opponent with unforced errors. Any,way I love You. Please practice hard before Wimbledon,you are still the best.

Well done Razzano You played very well and deserved to win,great fight from you.

Annie.
May 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM
your point being?
Maria will have a shot at plenty of slams in the near future - she still just turned 25 at the end of the day. Not to mention she is playing her best tennis this year since early 2008. BYE:wavey:

She is? :eek:

serendipitynow
May 29th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Julia.. Caro.. Maria.. they can sleep peacefully now.. :zzz:

Serena :hug:

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 11:12 PM
She is? :eek:She is!
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/PrimoEmporio/cackles.gif

vozas
May 29th, 2012, 11:13 PM
And you edited it to add more? Ch. :lol:

Yeah, no point in wasting time with posters like you I guess. Now go relish in your colorful-clay titles :oh:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lc4lxk.jpg

*Jool*
May 29th, 2012, 11:14 PM
drama at its best .. I have no words, really ..Serena was bad but still in control and had no business losing this..even at 0-5 in the third I still had hope.
and that last game :facepalm:

well it defnitely was a tough battle, a war of nerves too , for both players , so congrats Virginie and Serena well really that's too bad but you sure did not prove you deserved enough to come back and win ..
still in shock ... it was pretty intense

thrust
May 29th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Unbefuckinglievable!!!! It looked for all the world like Serena was going to out-Houdini Vika, but all credit to Virginie, she gritted out an incredible win:worship:

TRUE! The hinderance calls against Virginie were ridiculous! Hope this same chair lady officiates in a match between Maria and Vika-LOL!!

Dodoboy.
May 29th, 2012, 11:15 PM
This is heart breaking. I still can't deal with this. Serena must be distraught. Many people have hit the nail RIGHT on the head, she literally puts WAY too much pressure on herself in the big tournaments. Unreal. She almost needs to BOMB in the warm-ups!

danieln1
May 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM
But was she not the favorite already despite having lost in the F of Madrid ? She is the world #1 and won a major, no credit really ? All the medias, fans, twitters, journalists [...] totally disregarded her like she was a total scrub.

At the end, Serena WAS the one to be disregarded simply because she has been under-performing in majors, hasn't past the 4th round for a while now and been winning tournaments who are simply not representative.

Charleston with a deflated field, Har-Tru (what ?) and Madrid with their experimental blue surface --

On all radio, TV [...] you had the same song, real #1 for Serena, computer #1 for the player who has pretty much dominated the tour so far -- I'm sorry but the hypocrites are the people who refuse to give credit where there is.

I have no idea what the Big 4 has to do to get their merit -- they've made every possible F/SF out there ; they each have spectacular W/L records for 2012, they even broke some records (like Maria) yet, you always get the same pro-Serena nauseating hype that never comes to conclusion as seen yet again today with a comprehensive defeat.

This.

It was all about Serena and Sharapova the favorites, it seems almost nobody even considered Azarenka as a title favorite.... maybe it´s because she didn´t win anything on clay this year.

Caro experienced the same thing last year though :oh:

thrust
May 29th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Horrible freak show from Williams, disgusting French mob. New low at RG. :tape:

SOUR GRAPES!

Queenpova
May 29th, 2012, 11:18 PM
That's Philippines, darling.

LMAO! my blind ass couldnt see the sun

kris719
May 29th, 2012, 11:18 PM
was reading all the posts earlier saying that maria wouldn't make it past serena.

ha, that's a shame.

Jane Lane
May 29th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Let's focus on the most surprising thing here. How the eff did Richard get Lakeisha pregnant? He so....old.

Serenaluv
May 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM
your point being?

I better hope for you she wins a slam, because I'll be ready to run over you like a bulldozer, at the end of the year.

Annie.
May 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah, no point in wasting time with posters like you I guess. Now go relish in your colorful-clay titles :oh:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lc4lxk.jpg

Eh, we'd rather go relish in her 13 GS single titles including her FO trophy. Does Pova know what one looks like?

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Let's focus on the most surprising thing here. How the eff did Richard get Lakeisha pregnant? He so....old.
Sperm from the Jim Crow era is resilient. :lol:

vozas
I feel bad for Serena, but I can't feel bad for her retarded stans. What a slap in the face

http://i53.tinypic.com/aahaux.gif
http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll366/dudethoseareisotopes/Tumblr%20junk/OPRAH-1.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfaky7nqBt1qa5tz4.gif

Chip.
Eh, we'd rather go relish in her 13 GS single titles including her FO trophy. Does Pova know what one looks like?

Yass :hearts:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2zr2puw.jpg

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Girl he's a Hingis fan, and everybody knows that they are the most salty fanbase on the board. :lol:
His faves have never seen a Roland Garros trophy.

Nicolás89
May 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Girl he's a Hingis fan, and everybody knows that they are the most salty fanbase on the board. :lol:

Awww you so like her. Making Legend relevant with your basic shade. :hearts: :hug:

Serenaluv
May 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM

Orange : Hey martina wutchu doing?
Martina : Nothing, just sniffin' around.

:oh:

vozas
May 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM

She's about to. Does Serena still remember what it looks like? Seems like ages ago, when she was relevant. Too bad she only cares about beating Maria. From you guys' reactions in Madrid you'd think that was the best thing in the world since you were harping about it for 3 weeks, but I guess beating someone ranked #100 was taken too much as a given eh?

Just liek Serena, you need to focus on the rest of the tour, not just Maria. She has your mind, but I'll keep you in my prayers at night

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ptov7r.gif

LCS
May 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
:tape: :tape: :tape:

vozas
May 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I can't at Legend making her way onto another thread :sobbing: she has all Renatard's minds :worship:

Stonerpova
May 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
She's about to. Does Serena still remember what it looks like? Seems like ages ago, when she was relevant. Too bad she only cares about beating Maria. From you guys' reactions in Madrid you'd think that was the best thing in the world since you were harping about it for 3 weeks, but I guess beating someone ranked #100 was taken too much as a given eh?

Just liek Serena, you need to focus on the rest of the tour, not just Maria. She has your mind, but I'll keep you in my prayers at night

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ptov7r.gif

Stop.

Serenaluv
May 29th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Stop.

Too late. Sharapova has been jinxed. R3 exit inc.

Stonerpova
May 29th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Just saw the stats. Serena had a positive W/UE ratio :eek:

flareon
May 29th, 2012, 11:34 PM
it always comes down to maria's fans v serena fans and its always the same boring old GIF exchanging arguements, I thought people would come here to celebrate Razzanos victory obviously not might need to create a new thread... just for the celebration.

Stamp Paid
Stop.
You got to root those salty hanger-ons out of your fan base, bb.

Jane Lane
Too late. Sharapova has been jinxed. R3 exit inc.

LDL to slay.

Bayo
May 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I was at work and have no idea what the ef happened here, but I just watched some vid on HuffPo of Serena crying while Razzano took a potty break. I guess she's officially a headcase at the majors.

Strange times.

vozas
May 29th, 2012, 11:37 PM

I was cool until you came rambling for no reason.

Since Serena is out so early, why don't you take the two weeks to get into some new music? That last.fm gurl... :help:

Annie.

Is that why he's so mad at us? Like it's our fault Martina decided to blow chance after chance.

All she had to do was keep her nose clean.

Serenaluv
LDL to slay.

waddafuk is ldl >.<

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Stop.

This :tape: :sobbing:

flareon
Lourdes Dominguez Lino...

barmaid
Today was as absolute "classic" nevermind talking about Hingis's meltdown at RG in '99, everything that happened to Serena today paled in comparison.:eek: First off I must say she wore a lovely tackful pastel outfit very becoming in comparison to the warrior-like cheap outfits of the past.:hearts: However her entourage remains the same, Oracene looking like a bag lady:rolleyes:, Daddy now resembles Moses,:p and his much younger gum chewing honeybee.:cool:..but then the star of the day "drama Queen Sereno" acting out screams of pathos, delight, horror and then tears:help:...and what was she doing wiping off something that was under her skirt??:lol: Virgine Razzano is no "young chicken" I remember her playing Martina and always was a tough cookie on clay...poor baby Sereno heard the French crowd "booing" and hissing" at times.:sad:..guess what? they are playing in Paris, Virgine is French...who do you think they were rooting for:confused:? They will probably build a bust of her next to Joan of Arc tomorrow...what I absolute delight in is the American announcers said before the match, Serena is the only champion that never lost in the first round..no more.:tape:..look...the analyists and commentators will be hashing this one over for months, but the bottom line is...Sereno LOST the match, she was up 5-1 in the tie-breaker, before that she had umpteen chances to close out the match...granted somebody must have slipped something in Virgine's juice in the last set to be up 5-0 playing tennis on one leg.:lol:..it was a "hoot" like I said earlier...a classic...one for the tennis history annals for sure. I enjoyed every minute of it...no doubt Virgine has to go to the morgue to recoup and Madame S. is heading for a shrink as we speak!!:help: All the rest of the contenders are all gone to church to express their "thanks" for their good fortune.

Barmaid:wavey:

The Kaz
May 29th, 2012, 11:40 PM
This result gives me so much life :hearts:

Virginie :woohoo:

Stamp Paid
Is that why he's so mad at us? Like it's our fault Martina decided to blow chance after chance.

All she had to do was keep her nose clean.Yes, thats exactly why he's seething. A lot of these girls aren't even really fans of the players they put in their sigs, they just attach themselves to a more contemporary fanbase to stay relevant. :lol:

C. Drone
LDL to slay.

you should care about Pfizenmaier.

Craig.
May 29th, 2012, 11:42 PM
you should care about Pfizenmaier.

It was a joke, relax :rolls:

Serenaluv
This result gives me so much life :hearts:

Virginie :woohoo:

Stosur is still not passing the 4th round.

flareon
that awkward moment when Jelena Jankovic becomes your second fav in a tournament :sobbing:

Jane Lane
It was a joke, relax :rolls:

I'm making progress! :hearts:

NashaMasha
May 29th, 2012, 11:43 PM

And she still doesn't give any credit to her opponent , who made 30 winners and played breathtaking rallies , explaining her defeat only by her innumerable errors

Craig.
May 29th, 2012, 11:44 PM
that awkward moment when Jelena Jankovic becomes your second fav in a tournament :sobbing:

That awkward moment when someone's awkward moment is anything but awkward.

Serenaluv
May 29th, 2012, 11:45 PM
And she still doesn't give any credit to her opponent , who made 30 winners and played breathtaking rallies , explaining her defeat only by her innumerable errors

You forgot : And shrieks between points whenever she couldn't reach the ball in order to distract Serena.

She's lucky she had Asderaki today, if it were Lynn Welch, she'd been defaulted into a match loss :oh:

Nicolás89
May 29th, 2012, 11:46 PM

All she had to do was keep her nose clean.

Lol Yet you're so pressed you can't get pass an opportunity to throw shade. :hug:

Reptilia
May 29th, 2012, 11:46 PM
:haha:

BYE, GIRL

flareon
May 29th, 2012, 11:47 PM
You forgot : And shrieks between points whenever she couldn't reach the ball in order to distract Serena.

She's lucky she had Asderaki today, if it were Lynn Welch, she'd been defaulted into a match loss :oh:

I do not think virginie was gamemanship today...

matty
Today was as absolute "classic" nevermind talking about Hingis's meltdown at RG in '99, everything that happened to Serena today paled in comparison.:eek: First off I must say she wore a lovely tackful pastel outfit very becoming in comparison to the warrior-like cheap outfits of the past.:hearts: However her entourage remains the same, Oracene looking like a bag lady:rolleyes:, Daddy now resembles Moses,:p and his much younger gum chewing honeybee.:cool:..but then the star of the day "drama Queen Sereno" acting out screams of pathos, delight, horror and then tears:help:...and what was she doing wiping off something that was under her skirt??:lol: Virgine Razzano is no "young chicken" I remember her playing Martina and always was a tough cookie on clay...poor baby Sereno heard the French crowd "booing" and hissing" at times.:sad:..guess what? they are playing in Paris, Virgine is French...who do you think they were rooting for:confused:? They will probably build a bust of her next to Joan of Arc tomorrow...what I absolute delight in is the American announcers said before the match, Serena is the only champion that never lost in the first round..no more.:tape:..look...the analyists and commentators will be hashing this one over for months, but the bottom line is...Sereno LOST the match, she was up 5-1 in the tie-breaker, before that she had umpteen chances to close out the match...granted somebody must have slipped something in Virgine's juice in the last set to be up 5-0 playing tennis on one leg.:lol:..it was a "hoot" like I said earlier...a classic...one for the tennis history annals for sure. I enjoyed every minute of it...no doubt Virgine has to go to the morgue to recoup and Madame S. is heading for a shrink as we speak!!:help: All the rest of the contenders are all gone to church to express their "thanks" for their good fortune.

...and your fave still has way less slams and was suspended for doing drugs :wavey:

madmax

Stonerpova
May 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM

I am only one man :lol:

Craig.
May 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I am only one man :lol:

We can team up.

Inger67
May 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Caro please somehow save this quarter from Masha :sobbing:

Vikapower
May 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
This.

It was all about Serena and Sharapova the favorites, it seems almost nobody even considered Azarenka as a title favorite.... maybe it´s because she didn´t win anything on clay this year.

Caro experienced the same thing last year though :oh:

Yes but she made 2 consecutive F, actually this is the best clay season in her career.

I'm not fighting for favorite who's not favorite -- Maria is one of best if not the actual best clay-court players out there so to my personal belief she was always the "overwhelming" favorite of this tournament --

Only this is a major, that major is RG and over the last 3-4 years there's always been numerous upsets so even I wouldn't call this Maria's tournament to lose or win -- she has a very very very very long way to go and all her opponents will not be Cadantu.

Just about anybody in the top 10, some less others more have their chances -- this is RG after all, a pure enigma in the women's game. So from there on we'll just see -- but things are really uncertain.

I'm just happy the aberrant Serena hype is over. The journalist, twitters etc. were totally wrong. :)

Stonerpova
May 29th, 2012, 11:53 PM
We can team up.

Sold :hi5: even though this is pretty much an impossible task.

Aaron.
May 29th, 2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.dirtyprettythangs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AfroWomanYouMad-GIF.gif

Get over yourself and this loss. Happens to all our faves. Karma's a bitch babe :wavey: What Karma? Serena lost to Razzano fair and square. not Sharapova. Since Sharapova can't beat Serena you guys must be seeking closure. Are you guys Razzano fans now? :lol:

and yet you are still gloating on her past achievements now and taking shots at younger players, who are still in the draw and are contending for the title...nobody cares what Williams did in 2002 - we are living in 2012 now with 4 different players holding all 4 slams. The sooner you will deal with this grim reality, the better it will be for your sanity:wavey: Past achievements still count. Let's forget everyone's past achievements and Sharapova has nothing. Sharapova's last slam was even before Serena's last slam. You guys are really sad and everytime Serena loses (SHES GOING TO LOSE MATCHES SHE'S F***ing human) you'll all shit your pants and have a party. Lets just forget about Rafa's past french opens :wavey: Nice logic :tape:

goldenlox
May 29th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Caro please somehow save this quarter from Masha :sobbing:Unfortunately for Caro, she has more trouble with Julia than with Serena.

Serenaluv
May 29th, 2012, 11:55 PM
What Karma? Serena lost to Razzano fair and square. not Sharapova. Since Sharapova can't beat Serena you guys must be seeking closure. Are you guys Razzano fans now? :lol:

Past achievements still count. Let's forget everyone's past achievements and Sharapova has nothing. Sharapova's last slam was even before Serena's last slam. You guys are really sad and everytime Serena loses (SHES GOING TO LOSE MATCHES SHE'S F***ing human) you'll all shit your pants and have a party. Lets just forget about Rafa's past french opens :wavey: Nice logic :tape:

in b4 razzano trashes sharapova :oh:

gc-spurs
May 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
She is!
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/PrimoEmporio/cackles.gif

LC and Lo :lol:

Jane Lane
May 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Sold :hi5: even though this is pretty much an impossible task.

Even I'd be willing to volunteer my services for the right price. :oh:

Btw, the fact that this thread is nowhere near Hantuchova/Wozniacki WITH EASE is a disappointment.

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM

No she didn't. 39 winners 47 errors for Serena. 30 winners 36 errors for Razzano. Respectable, although far from spectacular, numbers for both players but nevertheless both still with negative W/UE ratios.

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I am only one man :lol:I'm gonna stop shading Maria, because I realize its not even about her. The main agitators aren't even real Maria fans, just hangers on from relic players of decades past. :lol:

Laura_VeeFan
May 30th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I can't wait for Wozniacki to win Roland Garros 2012 :hearts:

barmaid
May 30th, 2012, 12:01 AM
...and your fave still has way less slams and was suspended for doing drugs :wavey:

Listen, we're talking about Serena here, she has "outdone herself" many times with her terrible sportsmanship:rolleyes:...what could have been more revolting and disgusting than her barrage at the U.S. Open she's opened her big yap more times than the Grand Canyon.:eek:..sorry but Marti is an :angel: compared to Sereno:devil:

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 12:02 AM
No she didn't. 39 winners 47 errors for Serena. 30 winners 36 errors for Razzano. Respectable, although far from spectacular, numbers for both players but nevertheless both still with negative W/UE ratios.

I saw different stats on SportsCenter :shrug: I think it was like 43 winners, 39 errors for Serena and 31 winners, 30 errors for Razzano

Laura_VeeFan
May 30th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Why do the Coketina fans always talk about their fave in threads of players who haven't been suspended for doing drugs? Are they that desperate to keep her relevant :unsure:

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Why do the Coketina fans always talk about their fave in threads of players who haven't been suspended for doing drugs? Are they that desperate to keep her relevant :unsure:

They're under the impression that she still is. Don't ruin it for them. :lol:

Serenaluv
May 30th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I can't wait for Wozniacki to win Roland Garros 2012 :hearts:

She's losing in the quarters, so no.

Nicolás89
May 30th, 2012, 12:10 AM

It was some random Sarin stan who brought her up. :rolleyes:

And she has always been relevant otherwise she wouldn't be the target of your basic attack. ;)

Serenaluv
May 30th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Listen, we're talking about Serena here, she has "outdone herself" many times with her terrible sportsmanship:rolleyes:...what could have been more revolting and disgusting than her barrage at the U.S. Open she's opened her big yap more times than the Grand Canyon.:eek:..sorry but Marti is an :angel: compared to Sereno:devil:

Yeah because Martina was such an angel? She was hated by everyone that wasn't Swiss.

Reality :wavey:

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I saw different stats on SportsCenter :shrug: I think it was like 43 winners, 39 errors for Serena and 31 winners, 30 errors for Razzano

They probably did their own stats. Unforced errors are of course a subjective stat so if they did their own stats no surprise the unforced errors total would be different. SportsCenter was obviously a little more generous when evaluating whether errors were forced or unforced. The difference in winners is harder to explain but I suspose there might have been a couple of shots where the was some question whether or not the racket touched the ball.

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM
This thread :spit::help:

Legend

Charlatan
May 30th, 2012, 12:15 AM
NID :rolls: turned into a "let's bring up about coke because a martina fan is here" thread

hpme
May 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
:eek:

Couldn't be worse result

Get recover soon Serena, Winbledon is there

Nicolás89
May 30th, 2012, 12:25 AM
NID :rolls: turned into a "let's bring up about coke because a martina fan is here" thread

Basic bitches are basic.

GO李娜
May 30th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I hope Caroline beats Maria, easier for Li Na.

Charlatan
May 30th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Basic bitches are basic.

Yep, u know u r basic when u have to grasp straws and resort to attacking to another player (who has nothing to do with the subject of the thread) but it seems like they are proud of being basic, since that's what they always do on here (almost all the time) :zzz:

Stamp Paid
May 30th, 2012, 12:30 AM
NID :rolls: turned into a "let's bring up about coke because a martina fan is here" threadIts not our fault that they are leeches who attach themselves to the underbellies of the contemporary fan bases. Nobody wants them, they infect entire fanbases like a cancer. The Mashabators in this thread don't even use. :lol:

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Here's the link to the entire 13-minute final game of the match. Everything's so weird it's actually frightening.

owaWgL0kiOw

I saw the words "weird" and "frightening" and they suddenly seemed fitting when I scrolled down to see the still pic of Razzano's fucked-up service motion :sobbing:

Unfortunately for Caro, she has more trouble with Julia than with Serena.

First ever LOL-worthy post from Goldenbot :spit:

And I don't think it was even intentional :lol:

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Also, nid that butthurt Willytards would try to make themselves feel better by taking shots at Maria that are not only tired and lame, but also unmitigated fails given what happened today :lol:

MashaFan01
For those who're admiring Serena for her fighting spirit - remember this

Kim Clijsters defeated by Arantxa Rus in last French Open

The Maria Sharapova match (vs C. Garcia) in last French Open - where she was down 36, 14 and still was able to turn it around and win

And the Serena match today

3 champs who were in similar situations - near defeat - shaken by low ranked players - 2 couldn't turn it around - but Masha did - *proud look* - SHE is the ULTIMATE fighter!

goldenlox
It was a joke, although Julia does own Caroline

pierce85
May 30th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Some Sharapova fans licking the William's fanbase asses, pathetic!

ViceUltramontain
May 30th, 2012, 12:38 AM

The Maria Sharapova match (vs C. Garcia) in last French Open - where she was down 36, 14 and still was able to turn it around and win

3 champs who were in similar situations - near defeat - shaken by low ranked players - 2 couldn't turn it around - but Masha did - *proud look* - SHE is the ULTIMATE fighter!

Cincy 2010. One of the champ that couldn't turn it around in Paris was able to turn it around pretty well against the ULTIMATE fighter.

faboozadoo15
May 30th, 2012, 12:40 AM

:facepalm: Please don't....

It would be truly remarkable of Maria could have come back from 1-6 3-5 in Madrid....

debby
May 30th, 2012, 12:41 AM

afrzmPxXUEA

xcsm3qHk6QY

TPlaya8
May 30th, 2012, 12:42 AM

:rolleyes:

Serena had just went down to the clay so she used her skirt to wipe the clay off her leg.

Hurley
May 30th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Btw, the fact that this thread is nowhere near Hantuchova/Wozniacki WITH EASE is a disappointment.

So early yet, girl. So early.

My concern is the new vigilance of the mods these days. It's a good thing, but maybe they can go easy on this one for a while. It's gonna be a rough week at Batshit and Crazy LLP and I need some serious reading material for my lunch/crying hours.

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2012, 12:44 AM

No words :sobbing:.

ViceUltramontain
May 30th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hantuchova/Woz lasted 3 or 4 days. This one is doing great for the moment.

Slampova
May 30th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Da fuck?

I really expected Serena to breeze through the first two rounds and maybe struggle with Goerges & Wozniacki after the form she's shown all clay season. Razzano must have played the match of her life.
Congrats to her :)

Unlucky for Serena :hug: I'm sure this loss will motivate her to win even more though.

Charlatan
Its not our fault that they are leeches who attach themselves to the underbellies of the contemporary fan bases. Nobody wants them, they infect entire fanbases like a cancer. The Mashabators in this thread don't even use. :lol:

well, regardless of who their favorite is, TF result threads are open and public to all the posters...we always have certain fans of players coming to maria result threads no matter what and vice versa. that's why i don't see the point of immediately attacking certain players and bringing up certain players' shortcomings cause it has nothing to do with the result thread :shrug:

i mean every player has certain obsessed haters...you just can't do anything...i mean you guys have done the same to maria/kim result threads too...so...

TPlaya8

Yea the Ultimate fighter that had 3 match points and still couldn't beat Serena in Australia. also the same Champ that got ousted by Oudin in '09 after double faulting an entire set worth of points away.

Advantage Me
May 30th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I wish I had put money on Razzano. Who knew? Wait....didn't Serena pull out of Rome with some sort of injury? Is she hiding something here? She certainly didn't look right in that last game. No fire in her.

Corswandt
May 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM
This is why we watch women's tennis.

Corswandt
May 30th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Will Serena stans sit the fuck down now?

This is Serena normal level on REAL clay: serve neutralized, awful footwork exposed.

QFT.

But one must take into account that ReeRee is saving her best for the MM like she's been doing since her return to competition. She's clearly following the Carotard "Slams are overrated" mantra.

The 2nd Law
May 30th, 2012, 01:18 AM
What the actual fuck? Never thought i'd see this day :o

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 01:19 AM
QFT.

But one must take into account that ReeRee is saving her best for the MM like she's been doing since her return to competition. She's clearly following the Carotard "Slams are overrated" mantra.

I don't know if that's true for Serena herself, but her fans certainly will henceforth given how fantastically shameless they are in moving the goalposts depending on Serena's fortunes at any given time :happy:

razzer
May 30th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Serena was playing like she was when she won the so called Serena slam years ago but this time players are better and not easily intimidated by william siblings. Serena lost fair and square. No excuses please. She played as if her life depended on it. Serena is overrated.

Bronx19
May 30th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Thats what happens when you turn up fat and thinking you'll win without doing any work.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 30th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Rena :hug: It's sad to see such a great champ go down so early in a slam. Especially after being in such good form on clay over the last couple months.

Virginie :kiss: Gotta say that if this had to happen that i'm happy it happened against such a nice player. She's been through so much in life with what happened with her fiance' :hug:

Now please win the next rd :p

ElusiveChanteuse
May 30th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Rena :speakles: :bolt: First grand slam loss in first round.:sobbing:

fouc
May 30th, 2012, 01:47 AM
the end of tennis as we know it.

Roookie
May 30th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Not even Justine lost to this kind of scrubs @ slams in her comeback :lol:. Bless.

Trickle
May 30th, 2012, 01:52 AM
The guy posting the video of this match on Youtube has included a link to that Deja girl. :hysteric: Still trying to make her happen.

Julian.
May 30th, 2012, 01:54 AM
This is my reaction when I saw this result this morning: :spit::oh::haha:

faboozadoo15
May 30th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Thats what happens when you turn up fat and thinking you'll win without doing any work.

Serena is in really good shape and played more clay matches this year than in the last decade. She put the work in, and I think that added to her disappointment. She totally lost control of a winnable match, which only seems to happen to her at RG honestly.

HRHoliviasmith
May 30th, 2012, 01:55 AM
This is my reaction when I saw this result this morning: :spit::oh::haha:

Not my Julian? :sad:

WeiWei
May 30th, 2012, 01:55 AM
this is just.....Sharapova should be too happy to sleep.

NashaMasha
May 30th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I wish I had put money on Razzano. Who knew? Wait....didn't Serena pull out of Rome with some sort of injury? Is she hiding something here? She certainly didn't look right in that last game. No fire in her.

no, on press conference she didn't complaint about her health , just about her misses

She withdrew from Rome just in order not to get exhausted before RG , she considered it clever enough, but was seriously mistaken

Julian.
May 30th, 2012, 02:04 AM

I'm sad for you though :hug:

I know how it feels like 3 years ago at Australian Open 2010 1R. In my own home grand slam tournament! :sobbing:

casholic
May 30th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Serena was playing like she was when she won the so called Serena slam years ago but this time players are better and not easily intimidated by william siblings. Serena lost plain and square. No excuses please. She played as if her life depended on it. Serena is overrated.
You can't be serious. '02-'03 Rena would have wiped the court with Razzano.

Annie.
May 30th, 2012, 02:15 AM

You should've known better than to befriend a pova stan :lol:

AnomyBC
May 30th, 2012, 02:26 AM
OH MY GOD. I totally "predicted" this in a few of my posts yesterday, but I never thought it would actually happen :eek::help:

Sharapova better win this thing now or I'm gonna be PISSED.

gc-spurs
May 30th, 2012, 02:32 AM

Your avatar sucks.

perseus2006
May 30th, 2012, 02:35 AM
This result underlines the addage:

"On any given day, any player can beat any other player".

Congrats to Virginie who just wouldn't give up!

Kudos to Serenka for trying.

In general, this is a civil thread. Quite different from the Pova victory thread where some Serenka fans were so out of line.

Lapin
May 30th, 2012, 02:35 AM
:eek: Didn't see the match but so wish that I had!!
Felicitations Virginie!! :bigclap: So happy that you could have this wonderful moment at Roland Garros! :D Virginie Razzano; a dark horse again! Her ranking really doesn't reflect her ability... :confused:

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 02:36 AM

Pova stans are people too :fiery:

SELVEN
May 30th, 2012, 02:50 AM
speechless, Serena :hug:

Dominic
May 30th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Good riddance! Hoorray for Virgine WTA savior :cheer:

NashaMasha
May 30th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Where is this violet clown Foxy , I 'm still looking forward to her deep analysis of this match

tennis-insomniac
May 30th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Serena :hug: it's a very tough match and Razzano played incredibly, plus Williams had a whole crowd against her. Though,Serena had many chances, two points away to break at 4-3 and 5-4, even served at the tie break 5-2, to end the match.

Very happy for Razzano :) she has been through a lot of hell. Hope she'll continue the run !

The 2nd Law
May 30th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Where is this violet clown Foxy , I 'm still looking forward to her deep analysis of this match

:spit:

I still cannot believe this. The only way this tournament is not going to suck now is if one of Ana, Maria, Sam or Jelena win it. Knowing how much I can rely on three of those four to produce shitfests and epic chokes, I better start praying for Maria :hysteric:

The 2nd Law
May 30th, 2012, 03:12 AM
:spit:

I still cannot believe this. The only way this tournament is not going to suck now is if one of Ana, Maria, Sam or Jelena win it. Knowing how much I can rely on three of those four to produce shitfests and epic chokes, I better start praying for Maria :hysteric:

Forgot Petra :spit:

Still, fml

Marilyn Monheaux
May 30th, 2012, 03:26 AM
:sobbing:

SilverPersian
May 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM
:eek:

What on Earth? I guess this should teach everyone never to count their chickens at Roland Garros. I feel a bit bad for Serena, I get the feeling that this is the tournament she wants to win more than any other. Still, I'm sure she'll realise that this is just a blip and be prepared for the grass courts.

Congrats to Virginie. I didn't see the match, but it sounds like she did herself proud :yeah:

HRHoliviasmith
May 30th, 2012, 03:49 AM

Julian is my baby...I will fight you. :fiery:

HRHoliviasmith
May 30th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Pova stans are people too :fiery:

A couple of you are.

Charlatan
May 30th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Here they are : real cultured faces of Renafans

ch...half of these posts ain't even as vile as the thing they said towards maria/ hingis/ henin.

and i thought mashabators are supposed to be the vile, nasty creatures "according to them"

in their defense, most fans happen to spill that kind of insults during heat of the moment

gmokb
May 30th, 2012, 03:55 AM
What the heck went wrong.:confused: This is so not like Serena, to have amatch in her hands and throw it away:eek: This is a shocker!!!!

Annie.
May 30th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Your avatar sucks.

The spurs suck.

Julian is my baby...I will fight you. :fiery:
http://i.imgur.com/6au21.gif

NashaMasha
May 30th, 2012, 04:03 AM
in their defense, most fans happen to spill that kind of insults during heat of the moment

Yes, i also can call any player using uncensored words but not for playing great and brilliant rallies and serving well ........
Razanno was 31W-30UE and it was she who made this match a quality match ....

Someone should learn how to accept defeats

HRHoliviasmith
May 30th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Yes, i also can call any player using uncensored words but not for playing great and brilliant rallies and serving well ........

I don't believe you just joined in March 2012. I really wonder who you used to be. Hmmmm.....

Charlatan
May 30th, 2012, 04:08 AM

duh, doesn't matter...mashabators (i mean some of them) basically acted the same way when vika beat her at IW final this year :lol: like i said, some of the insults are thrown around at the head of the moment

Jane Lane
May 30th, 2012, 04:11 AM
I don't believe you just joined in March 2012. I really wonder who you used to be. Hmmmm.....

IKR? Can't be the ghost of tea....

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 04:11 AM
ESPN commentators totally jinxed Sarin btw. I remember them mentioning hours before Sarin's match how she had never lost in the first round of a major.

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 04:16 AM
ESPN commentators totally jinxed Sarin btw. I remember them mentioning hours before Sarin's match how she had never lost in the first round of a major.

They bring it up every slam :shrug:

gmokb
May 30th, 2012, 04:16 AM
:scratch: Guess no all-Williams final.

All Williams final, lucky if there's a Williams at the end of the 1st week:sad:

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 04:17 AM
They bring it up every slam :shrug:

I don't watch ESPN often though. No one can commentate for shit :rolls:

Svetlana)))
May 30th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Devastated. All the expectations and pressure + RG being her jinx slam culminated in one of the most nervy Serena showings ever. Babygurl needs to take a step back, trust and believe that she has everything under control for Wimbledon and the Olympics.

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 04:24 AM
I don't watch ESPN often though. No one can commentate for shit :rolls:

Literally everyone on the ESPN team has some kind of quirk that irritates the piss out of me, but some of them are decent enough. I like Pat McEnroe when he's not doing a Nadal match, MJF is good if a bit bland, and Chris Fowler is a) a total fox and b) really knows his shit.

Bronx19
May 30th, 2012, 04:47 AM
And to think that Vika should be gone too.

WTA epic.

new-york
May 30th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Gutted for Serena, gutted for the record. Gutted.

Kinda glad it was vs Virginie who can be really feisty and dangerous. She seems to have a great heart. Hopefully she can make a run, she has the game.

winone23
May 30th, 2012, 04:55 AM
I did not want Serena to go out. Serena fought a good fight in the end. Serena will rise again!

gc-spurs
May 30th, 2012, 05:10 AM
The spurs suck.

Yup. So so much.

effedcamel
May 30th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Literally everyone on the ESPN team has some kind of quirk that irritates the piss out of me, but some of them are decent enough. I like Pat McEnroe when he's not doing a Nadal match, MJF is good if a bit bland, and Chris Fowler is a) a total fox and b) really knows his shit.

really? he always strikes me as someone who doesn't quite "get" tennis

Summer_Snow
May 30th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Now I have to go watch the replay. I cant miss this!

Craig.
May 30th, 2012, 05:18 AM

I agree.

tripwires
May 30th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Shocking. :speakles:

patricktav2003
May 30th, 2012, 05:21 AM
what a surprise yes! Serena didnt have magic at all! look like her mind wasnt all there

but i mean she was 17-0 on clay ! so shes was playing very good. sad that she lost first round for first time , but come on she is not done!! some say at 30 is difficult to win slam?? i dotn get it really she was 17-0 going in and lost against a good player having the spirit while herself didnt have it thats all and that other player is 29!!!

sad cause i wanted to see serena sharapova fight! but i think she will survive lol

but watch her in next tournaments!!!!! wow i want to see that she will be hungry and serena hungy is very difficult to end!!! so wimy and plympics coming wow!

and from the match i really think serena was annoy match the calling from the umpire! i mean look at her eyes when thoses call were made!! i think it affected in her head thinking they were unfair to Virginie!

Talula
May 30th, 2012, 05:40 AM

My favourite post in a very long time! :wavey::worship:

Keadz
May 30th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Bizzaaarreee match. Sucks for Serena, but thats what happens when you put so much pressure on yourself.

Congrats to Razzano, good for her to get the win after all she has been through. Can't stand her time wasting though, and just can't warm to her. Never seen a player use so many 'tactical'/mind games throughout matches. So much time wasting between points, long ass bathroom breaks, spending ages with the towel, deciding to get something from the chair when her oppenant does...so she cant take longer to get back. Questioning of pointless calls, suddenly needing to tighten her shoe laces, random injuries which effect her in no way throughout the point, fake ball tosses, strange sounds etc etc. (not this match, but throughout her whole career) I find it really difficult to watch her matches, but will admit she is a solid top 20 player at her best. Very dangerous.

marineblue
May 30th, 2012, 06:03 AM
People incessantly repeated that Serena was the overwhelming favorite for RG because she won 2 tournaments that are not even true clay --

Har-Tru and super-fast Grass Madrid ? I mean come on, there's a moment people need to sit the freak down and have perspective. Serena is not a good clay-court player, she's bad, mediocre and suffered the worst defeat of her career on TRUE RED clay.

The Serena hype is really getting old, just move on already. She was a good player but she's 30 and all this is behind her back. Just relax and enjoy the real top player dominating the tour and stop trying to desperately make Serena happen, she's not happening. Yikes !

You know what, I cannot wait until Serena vs 'real top player' rematch. Maybe Serena will come from the ashes and give her a damn double bagel this time. You troll are so annyoing :fiery: that you made me cheer for a player I don't like,DUH

claypova
May 30th, 2012, 06:17 AM
weirdest result, :hysteric:

*Jean*
May 30th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Oh, and French television saying that Virginie has a clear go at the title now. You guys are so lucky not to have to watch tennis in France, that's just unbearable (let alone Golovin's stupidity).

Serena :sobbing: just horrible to see her losing so early, she deserved so much to win that FO title. I'm all behind Sharapova now, to avoid an Azarenka or Radwanska domination, please God, hear my prayers.

rafaelkafka
May 30th, 2012, 06:31 AM
i can´t :tape::lol::lol::help:

they knew why they are giving this match on central.

WIN IT ALL MARIA!!!

It was delicious! Part time players got an unforgettable lesson!

hardball
May 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM
saw the last set. serena was a mess. never seen her so helpless. i also understand she choked in the TB and blew 5 - 1 lead... what was that all about?

congrats to razzano. her effort at the end was heroic, no less, given the cramping. at times she could not even push off to serve... she's a fighter.

Johnbert
May 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM

so ONE exampel proves, that sharapova is a fighter and kim and serena aren't? :tape:

hardball
May 30th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Oh, and French television saying that Virginie has a clear go at the title now. You guys are so lucky not to have to watch tennis in France, that's just unbearable (let alone Golovin's stupidity).

what's Tati saying?

*Jean*
May 30th, 2012, 06:45 AM
what's Tati saying?

That Razzano is now a contender for the title, for instance.

Johnbert
May 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM

Nicolas
May 30th, 2012, 07:12 AM

When? Where? How? i didnt hear that and saw the full coverage of France Télévisions yesterday.

égalité
May 30th, 2012, 07:18 AM

Proof by picking and choosing specific examples that fit the point you're trying to make. Well done. :lol:

How about this:

Australian Open 2005, Serena fights off match points to beat Maria Sharapova. THEREFORE SERENA IS THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER AND MASHA FOLDS UNDER PRESSURE!!!!11

Logic doesn't work like that. :weirdo:

LUVMIRZA
May 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Its a heartbreaking loss. Even I felt sad for Serena at the end of the second set when she was close to crying:sad: But kudos to Virginie for rallying well against Serena and moving her around the court so well. The last game was ridiculously insane and gutsy:lol: It was a great advertisement for WTA but losing a Tournament favorite in the first round is not:help: Its official Serena hates Red Clay. The French crowd was also a cause for Serena losing this match.

Johnbert
May 30th, 2012, 07:38 AM
it was the curse of simon reed. can't blame serena for this :shrug:

Shivank17
May 30th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I think the final would be Razzano vs Oudin. :angel: :o

Summer_Snow
May 30th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Just watched the replay and Serena's facial expression after the third hinderance call was priceless :haha:
Like she was thinking "Gurl, u're crazy" :lol:

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 08:08 AM
:happy: bombshell

Smith Saybrook
May 30th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Ouch. When Rena came back to 3-5 in the third I felt like she had it in the bag. Razzano's woeful double faults in the final game made me think there was no way Serena could outchoke Virginie in the end. Between Ginies woeful serves, and then Rena woeful returns on break point, it was high drama, if not low quality finish.

After seeing her stave match points against the likes of Sharapova and Clijsters, it's hard to take her choking away a come back when Razzano hit some of the 2nd serves she did on the final game alone.

moemoe
May 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Oh My Goosh!!!!! LOL I need some GIFs from that time WOZ beat Serena!!!

I cant believe this it was all on the news!!!

bandabou
May 30th, 2012, 08:44 AM
and yet you are still gloating on her past achievements now and taking shots at younger players, who are still in the draw and are contending for the title...nobody cares what Williams did in 2002 - we are living in 2012 now with 4 different players holding all 4 slams. The sooner you will deal with this grim reality, the better it will be for your sanity:wavey:

None of them Maria Sharapova..so what's there for YOU to gloat about?! :shrug:

bandabou
May 30th, 2012, 08:45 AM
your point being?

Time will tell...;)

stromatolite
May 30th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Surprising as this result is, I don't think it's any reason to either gloat or to feel too sorry for Serena. It just proves what anybody with any sense already knew: as great a player as she is, she's human like all the others. She really badly wanted to win this title, put way too much pressure on herself and paid the price.

The tough thing for her now will be to pick up the pieces and focus on the oportunities ahead in a positive way, without getting too weighed down by the knowledge that slowly but surely her window of opportunity for winning more slams is closing. If she can relax and just play her game I can certainly see her winning a few more slams before her career is over, but if she continues to put pressure on herself like this it might be tough.

debby
May 30th, 2012, 09:14 AM
When? Where? How? i didnt hear that and saw the full coverage of France Télévisions yesterday.

+1 :tape:

longtin23
May 30th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Please Eva go to take care Vika :oh:

Brena
May 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Just watched the replay and Serena's facial expression after the third hinderance call was priceless :haha:
Like she was thinking "Gurl, u're crazy" :lol:

Indeed!
That match was pure insanity all around - Serena looking zoned out, confused and close to tears, unable to play two normal points in a row; Azderaki making the weirdest calls, leaving both Razzano and Serena in disbelief and almost giving that French Tennis Association representative a heart-attack; and even Razzano acting strange, with all the stumbling around and serves that missed the entire court.
I don't think I've ever witnessed such a display of weirdness from everyone involved. :unsure:

aloeball
May 30th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Im still in shock. Had a 9 am class this morning. Woke at 7, still sleepy. Grabbed my phone. Jumped back into bed. Checked RG scores. Then BAM ! O___O Serena lsot in 3 sets. I couldn't believe it.

What was worse it that I went to uni and fucking all my friends rub it in :( Its so hard to escape it all. I have trouble whenever Serena loses. Its hard.

Radix2
May 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I just finished watching the match. Although Serena could have closed it out in two sets, she did not play very well and seemed unprepared. I think she let the pressure of being called the favourite to win the title get to her. The same thing thing happened when she played Sam at the US Open last year. As for Razzano, I am not surprised she played well because she was ranked as high as 19 a few years ago.

Matt01
May 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I think the final would be Razzano vs Oudin. :angel: :o

My guess is Caro vs. Aga :)

sammy01
May 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM

back on the caro bandwagon now vika is playing shit NID.

you are probably stanning for the polish pusher too now :tape:

Matt01
May 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
back on the caro bandwagon now vika is playing shit NID.

you are probably stanning for the polish pusher too now :tape:

It's amazing how much you can read into a simple guess about who's going to reach the final :lol:

And for the record, I'm not on any bandwagons.

serendipitynow
May 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately for Caro, she has more trouble with Julia than with Serena.

:tape:

LoveFifteen
May 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I don't understand why Serena just couldn't put the ball back in play on all of those breakpoints. Why did she have to go for such a crushing return winner every time?

Queen_Vee_92
May 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Couldn't post til today, didn't know what to say.

Massive upset, give big respect for Serena's fight at the end, and to Razzano for playing an inspired match of her life :hearts:

Serena is done at RG. She can't deal with the crowd and gets too caught up and stressed whenever she plays in Paris now.

Will be back with a bang at Wimbledon, she'll be super motivated and will romp to the title imo.

Serena :hug:

Shivank17
May 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM

Razzano, Caro, Aga and Oudin have equal chance of making the finals. :oh:

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Please Eva go to take care Vika :oh:

+1

Stonerpova
May 30th, 2012, 02:29 PM

It's all relative. He rarely messes up a stat or makes an error :shrug:

Excelscior
May 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Indeed!
That match was pure insanity all around - Serena looking zoned out, confused and close to tears, unable to play two normal points in a row; Azderaki making the weirdest calls, leaving both Razzano and Serena in disbelief and almost giving that French Tennis Association representative a heart-attack; and even Razzano acting strange, with all the stumbling around and serves that missed the entire court.
I don't think I've ever witnessed such a display of weirdness from everyone involved. :unsure:

Yes, it was quite the carnival/side show, indeed.

As many like to say here all the time, "peak or epic WTA". :lol: :eek: :lol:

sunset
May 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Over the years I have collected some of Serena’s most humiliating losses but this one is by far the best. I have watched it over and over again with great delight.
Serena favorite to win huh? What a joke. :lol: :lol:
And crying on the bench. There’s no crying in tennis.
Serena looked looked mentally and physically beaten and seemed to realize by the second set was going down.
It’s finally over for good.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss! :bounce:

Super Dave
May 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/assets_c/2010/10/bobby_doNotRead_puke_gif-thumb-350x197-15068.gif

donellcarey
May 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I knew this thread would turn into a freak show:lol:

Go on haters, I know she's been whooping y'all fave's ass so hard in the past few years, now this one loss is your ecstasy, so be it. May Lord have mercy on your poor souls.:angel:

Queenpova
May 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I knew this thread would turn into a freak show:lol:

Go on haters, I know she's been whooping y'all fave's ass so hard in the past few years, now this one loss is your ecstasy, so be it. May Lord have mercy on your poor souls.:angel:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/554773_10150911448724920_196363369919_9540536_1868 962249_n.jpg

Moveyourfeet
May 30th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw Serena choke in a slam.
Hitting homeruns off Razzano's shit serve on breakpoint!!! :help:, especially after Asderaki was giving her point after point :o

Credit to Razzano, she came in with a clear game plan, was pretty aggressive off the ground and came in at every single opportunity, and got the crowd behind her.

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I don't understand why Serena just couldn't put the ball back in play on all of those breakpoints. Why did she have to go for such a crushing return winner every time?

I actually thought that only like two of her errors were as a result of being over-aggressive. Most of her errors were either flopping into the middle of the net or being completely mishit, which is more a sign of her timing and thought processes being completely off. When her shots were actually going in, they were usually pretty cautious, to the extent that virtually all the winners in the third set were coming from Razzano's racquet.

donellcarey
May 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.hititover.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/maria-and-serena.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/715/699/102487380_crop_650x440.jpg

You want more?

God bless your pressed soul, Queenpova, I like Maria, she's bubbly and nice, so I don't wanna bring up more of those pics, which you know, there's A LOT. :oh::angel:

stromatolite
May 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I actually thought that only like two of her errors were as a result of being over-aggressive. Most of her errors were either flopping into the middle of the net or being completely mishit, which is more a sign of her timing and thought processes being completely off. When her shots were actually going in, they were usually pretty cautious, to the extent that virtually all the winners in the third set were coming from Razzano's racquet.

Exactly. She was tight as shit, and got tighter the longer the match went on. She's human after all.

vozas
May 30th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Maria has your mind. 8 years and counting...

http://media.santabanta.com/gal/sports/wim2004/154.jpg

I pray for your wretched soul to get over that loss. Until then, stay pressed and stressed :wavey:

mila_mail
May 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Over the years I have collected some of Serena’s most humiliating losses but this one is by far the best. I have watched it over and over again with great delight.
Serena favorite to win huh? What a joke. :lol: :lol:
And crying on the bench. There’s no crying in tennis.
Serena looked looked mentally and physically beaten and seemed to realize by the second set was going down.
It’s finally over for good.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss! :bounce:

shut up loser

donellcarey
May 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Maria has your mind. 8 years and counting...

http://media.santabanta.com/gal/sports/wim2004/154.jpg

I pray for your wretched soul to get over that loss. Until then, stay pressed and stressed :wavey:

Oh no baby.

As a nice and feisty player, yes she has. But as for her wins against Serena, no, she hasn't. Read the H2H more carefully next time, bb:kiss:

NashaMasha
May 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hitting homeruns off Razzano's shit serve on breakpoint!!

sure, sure --- 160km/h serve and its direction was always variable is a shit serve, especially in a 3 hour match

What's about 148km/h first serves from current №1?

Sammo
May 30th, 2012, 03:40 PM
sure, sure --- 160km/h serve and its direction was always variable is a shit serve, especially in a 3 hour match

What's about 148km/h first serves from current №1?

I'd call that average for womens tennis

miffedmax
May 30th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Once again, you can discuss the match all you want.

However, this thread (as is tiresomely predictable) is devolving into a pissing match between fanbases.

Last I saw, it was Razzano who beat Williams. Not Sharapova, not Radwanska, not Azarenka, not even the great Larsson.

Please keep posts on topic, or else I will http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_363/12341474267JXgoP.jpg

Brena
May 30th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Last I saw, it was Razzano who beat Williams. Not Sharapova, not Radwanska, not Azarenka, not even the great Larsson.

She crumbled under the pressure of your expectations and devotion. :awww: But Glatch seems to be thriving.

On topic: Serena, why did you do this to me? :crying2:

n1_and_uh_noone
May 30th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Wow, did not expect this to happen SO early. Then again, it is when Serena has the best form coming into a Slam that she bombs out the most spectacularly. Her best chance may be to just play out a Slam hoping she'll peak at the right time instead of several tune-ups. Just doesn't have to consistent form these days to go all the way.

Razzano was good, but I've seen her play even better. And Serena wasn't that bad, it just was that the shots that would have been instant winners at Madrid for whatever reasons (surface, disgruntled opponents) were right in the wheelhouse for Razzano.

Was really :eek: to see Serena weep like that. Her mini-comeback was really not much of one TBH, it was mostly tight play that bailed her out. Maybe Razzano will be this year's Bartoli?

Roookie
May 30th, 2012, 04:19 PM
yass :cheer:

SAEKeithSerena
May 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM
i could cry...

debby
May 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Someone wanted this thread to be as epic as "Hantuchova def Caro Wozniacki WITH EASE" , it's on second page and not even locked :tears:

Jane Lane
May 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Someone wanted this thread to be as epic as "Hantuchova def Caro Wozniacki WITH EASE" , it's on second page and not even locked :tears:

I know it's so sad. :sobbing:

Fantasy Hero
May 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
this thread hasn't hit 1k posts and caused a server error neither...it's really disappointing! :o

flareon
May 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Thank you Miffedmax best post of the thread :)

poulao
May 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Virginie, congrats, what a match :)

Serena, sory :hug:

markhingis
May 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
congrats Razzano! never saw this coming! would love to see the whole match (anyone could upload it?). I hope she is able to follow that win with next victories :)

dsanders06
May 30th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Saw the final epic game of this match again earlier, and I have to admit, I hadn't realised last night how well Razzano was playing. I'd pretty much stopped paying attention to what she was doing (as everyone else, I was more entranced by Serena's meltdown by the end of the match) after the first two sets, where she was missing all sorts of sitter swing volleys and short balls. In the last game, although her serving was dire, she was definitely playing top 20-level tennis off the ground. I always knew she was a very clean ballstriker at her best, but I'd always assumed even on her best days she made approximately 1 error for every great shot she hit -- but in the last game, she really did make virtually no errors off the ground. She kept great length on pretty much all her shots too, keeping Serena pinned back and not feeding her any soft, short balls to tee off on (which probably would've loosened Serena up a bit).

NashaMasha
May 31st, 2012, 01:20 AM
Foxy is still hiding in the bushes and not entering this thread ))))) What a shame

madmax
May 31st, 2012, 06:39 AM
Foxy is still hiding in the bushes and not entering this thread ))))) What a shame

:lol:
well, at least there is one good thing when WS lose - their obnoxious and insulting stans go into hibernation mode for a while:cheer: At least before the next slam begins and the hype machine starts rolling again...

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 07:37 AM
:lol:
well, at least there is one good thing when WS lose - their onoxious and insulting stans go into hibernation mode for a while:cheer: At least before the next slam begins and the hype machine starts rolling again...

:lol: Something some Masha-fans could stand to learn from. 4 years without nothing, but they still talk. :lol:

Stamp Paid
May 31st, 2012, 07:54 AM
:lol: Something some Masha-fans could stand to learn from. 4 years without nothing, but they still talk. :lol:
They are some resilient bishes. :lol:

Steven.
May 31st, 2012, 07:56 AM
can you guys please stop grouping all masha stans with the likes of: madmax, vikapower

thanks.

Stamp Paid
May 31st, 2012, 08:01 AM
can you guys please stop grouping all masha stans with the likes of: madmax, vikapower, doomsday, spiffy, dsanders, Karma Police, vozas, various other miscellaneous Myth hanger-ons

thanks.
Are you officially denouncing them? :oh:

Petkorazzi
May 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
can you guys please stop grouping all masha stans with the likes of: madmax, vikapower

thanks.
This.

Annie.
May 31st, 2012, 08:15 AM

Haven't you heard? She's playing her best tennis this year since 2008!!

madmax
May 31st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Haven't you heard? She's playing her best tennis this year since 2008!!

which is funny, because we heard the exact same thing about Williams too - that she's playing her best tennis since 2003:lol: And yet still no slam for "overwhelming" all slams favourite to show for...

Stamp Paid
May 31st, 2012, 09:14 AM
which is funny, because we heard the exact same thing about Williams too - that she's playing her best tennis since 2003:lol: And yet still no slam for "overwhelming" all slams favourite to show for...
http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/psp358/gifs/tanisha-laugh.gif
As if you couldn't relate. :lol:

Simugna Help
May 31st, 2012, 09:21 AM
The dogfight in this thread :haha:

Svetlana)))
May 31st, 2012, 09:24 AM

Honey boo. The Queen has won 5 slams since Sharapover's last slam win. That alone almost doubles the heathen's slam count. If you take those 5 slams away off her total count, she still has approximately three times the number of slams the heathen has.

LadyB
May 31st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Some of you Masha fans are so thristy. How sad :haha:

doomsday
May 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Are you officially denouncing them? :oh:

What a list :lol:
Anyway I'm not sure I go after WS as much as WS fans says I am. Others Masha fans maybe but I don't mind, I defend Maria way too much sometimes but I can't help it it's the very same for some Masha fans against WS.
Beside WS fans have no right to talk, not when Foxy spend all her time writing essays over Maria in yellow, purple and in size 8 where is that crazy girl btw.

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 09:34 AM

:lol: Nice..so that alone should tell you that it ain't true. Serena of ' 02-'03 was winning 2 majors a year ( something Masha NEVER has done...:secret: ). Masha of ' 08 was creaming the field at the Oz open..this year the best she's managed is Stuttgart and Rome. Let's see in one week if she can finally end the drought.

Stamp Paid
May 31st, 2012, 09:35 AM
What a list :lol:
Anyway I'm not sure I go after WS as much as WS fans says I am. Others Masha fans maybe but I don't mind, I defend Maria way too much sometimes but I can't help it it's the very same for some Masha fans against WS.
Beside WS fans have no right to talk, not when Foxy spend all her time writing essays over Maria in yellow, purple and in size 8 where is that crazy girl btw.
Foxy is a VENUS fan. We can't do anything about her. :lol:

Juanes
May 31st, 2012, 09:38 AM
it looked like Virginie is gonna to lose this from 5-0 ...

Seri :hug:

doomsday
May 31st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Foxy is a VENUS fan. We can't do anything about her. :lol:

She has no problem using Serena's success to bring Maria down though.

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 11:13 AM
She has no problem using Serena's success to bring Maria down though.

:lol: Ain't it someting...and madmax/vikapower are gonna use ANY player's success to bring Serena AND Venus down. So it can always be worse. :sobbing:

dsanders06
May 31st, 2012, 12:58 PM
Willytards continuing their desperate attempts to alleviate that hollow feeling inside :awww: Don't worry though guys, you've got all afternoon to think of more lame "shade" while we get to watch our fave actually play a second-round match.

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 01:17 PM
Willytards continuing their desperate attempts to alleviate that hollow feeling inside :awww: Don't worry though guys, you've got all afternoon to think of more lame "shade" while we get to watch our fave actually play a second-round match.

:lol: For the first time in her 14 year career, my fav ain't playing a second round match. Not too bad.
Really there isn't much to be sad about.

Will your own fav even be playing when she's 30?!

madmax
May 31st, 2012, 01:29 PM
:lol: For the first time in her 14 year career, my fav ain't playing a second round match. Not too bad.
Really there isn't much to be sad about.

Will your own fav even be playing when she's 30?!

why do you even care though?:lol:
Is being 30+ and embarrassing yourself against 100+ ranked local journeywoman in slam first round really a stuff to be proud about?

HippityHop
May 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM
How many clay titles does Serena have? Chris Evert said that out of her 41 titles she only has 5 including her RG and the two this year. :eek:

I know that she is not a good clay player, but I didn't know that she had so few wins on clay.

stromatolite
May 31st, 2012, 01:38 PM
5 titles on her worst surface sounds pretty good to me.

dsanders06
May 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
How many clay titles does Serena have? Chris Evert said that out of her 41 titles she only has 5 including her RG and the two this year. :eek:

I know that she is not a good clay player, but I didn't know that she had so few wins on clay.

That's correct. And only 2 on red clay (RG & Rome in 2002). Other than that, she only has green clay Charleston in 2008 and 2012 and blue clay Madrid.

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 02:10 PM
why do you even care though?:lol:
Is being 30+ and embarrassing yourself against 100+ ranked local journeywoman in slam first round really a stuff to be proud about?

I don't..but you sure as hell do care what MY fav does or doesn't do. :lol:
Well..it could've been being 22 and losing to a russian journeywoman a la losing to Kirilenko at the Oz open. Soo...:shrug:

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 02:11 PM
5 clay titles, Serena. Must have played more at Marbella or something.

HippityHop
May 31st, 2012, 02:35 PM
5 clay titles, Serena. Must have played more at Marbella or something.

The point? :confused:

bandabou
May 31st, 2012, 02:41 PM
The point? :confused:

:lol: Never mind..

Expat
May 31st, 2012, 03:23 PM
So the winner will be from Na, Victoria or Petra then.