PDA

View Full Version : RG R1: Virginie Razzano def. Serena Williams 46 76(5) 63

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Curcubeu
May 29th, 2012, 08:23 PM
You can see on this match which important role motivation is playing for tennis pros. One week ago Virginie couldn't even make it a competitive match against Morita and now she beat a multiple grandslam winner on the biggest court with the whole crowd cheering for her. I hope she can build on this and even if she will lose next round, that#s some great experience Virginie really deserved for all she went through.

As for Serena, she lost the match at the beginning of the third set when she couldn't give less damns and was totally unfocused, also some of her returns on BPs in the final game were brainless and pathetic. Good luck at Wimbledon.

Cp6uja
Only 250 posts after 10 minutes!?

No database error!?

Whats happen with this forum :confused:

faboozadoo15
I'm in disbelief.

donniedarkofan
I'm sorry but you seem to be forgetting about this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_rA4gomoc

:worship:

jameshazza
May 29th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Also, I would just like to say that Serena played like complete and utter shit, tight and off the whole match. This is no more the best match of 2012 than Sharapova vs Li last week was :tape:

The only good thing about this was the drama.

olympus28
May 29th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Am I the only one more sad that her R1 record has been broken :unsure:

No it's so cool :lol:

Johnbert
May 29th, 2012, 08:25 PM
real winner of this match is julia! :lol:

Michael!
Some serious mental issues from Serena again!
Razzano played a great match but what was Serena doing at 51 in TB 2nd set, was awful there and even worse in 3rd set first while Razzano was amazing!
Got interesting in the end again and Serena had all chances to come back but those ugly UEs on return just killed her.
Deserved win for Razzano in the end, congrats!

Shvedbarilescu
I wonder if before the start of the tournament I went up to my local bookmaker and said I want to bet on 10 American women outlasting Serena Williams at Roland Garros. Yes, that's right 10. I think they would have just taken my money and let me write my own odds. :haha:

Ntosake
Very emotional loss for Serena. She was too far down to mount an epic comeback, but she had her chances, and she saved a bunch of set points for sure, but came up short in the end.

Get 'em next time Champ. Good luck in the doubles.

Razzano played tough, so congrats to her.

olympus28
You can be the favorite and won all the title before

TENNIS IS LIKE THAT THAT S WHY IT S SO LIKEABLE

Vee Williams
May 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Loses To Injured Player

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/coconutsodas/anime/2dakgw0.gif

strange loss, indeed.
but she doesn't lose to an opponent in perfect health who is in the top 2!

Vikapower
I'm sorry but you seem to be forgetting about this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_rA4gomoc

You can point at any past videos or matches, the difference between Madrid's blue fake clay and RG's is sickening. :mad: Proof, Serena lost in the R128 of Roland-Garros.

TBH nothing needs to be added more. Victoria has a slam, Serena has none in 2-3 years -- she is not the best player in the world PERIOD. Whether she beat X or Y top ten isn't important -- :lol:

Mary Cherry.
There are a million gifs in the world to describe all the amazing/crazy/absurd thing that happened in this match, but this match deserves more than gifs. All I can say is that was the most amazing/crazy/absurd match I have ever seen.

bandabou
Serena only waking up after 0-5 in the 3rd....too huge a hole.

Jane Lane
May 29th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I LIVE. :hysteric:

I MISSED EVERYTHING.

Pasta-Na
May 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Serena :hug:

MarkNL
The stopping of the rally at 5-2 in the tiebreak killed her. :p

jacobruiz
Well congrats to Virginie but Serena should have visualized herself playing a certain tall blonde and she would have probably won in two sets.
Just Maria fans showing their true colors, as always. :lol:

What a laugh coming from this pressed hater. :lol:

vspak
Database Error

markedman
First of all...CONGRATULATIONS TO VIRGINIE!! A well deserved victory. Second...What a pity that some and I state, some Serena fans just cannot accept defeat gracefully. It's the crowd's fault..the umpire's to blame...Ginnie is a cheat for yelping out in pain...Get over your bitterness.

duhcity
May 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcsx8wUpW1qfz6l3o1_400.gif

This will be the thread of the year

Polikarpov
May 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Such a bizarre match. I don't understand Sarin's attitude today. I was waiting for her to fire herself up, but she was just so flat after the second set. It also seemed like she was trying her best not to scream or celebrate so as not to piss of the crowd.

Her game and footwork/movement, meanwhile, were just disastrous. She was off balance and flat out pushing. And what the fuck was wrong with her return on the deuce court? Ah, I wanted her to win so badly, especially since Razzano was getting on my nerves.

Berlin_Calling
May 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Razzano deserved this victory. What guts! No doubt she had some help from the heavens today! Ridiculous trolls claiming the legitimacy of her cramps...yeah, I guess losing two hindrance points was all part of Razzano's big conspiracy :rolleyes:

Serena looked like she as going to bawl at any moment. It was probably so hard to keep her negative emotions in after losing that second set, but I feel like she kept herself subdued out of fear that the crowd would jump all over her if she showed any trace of a temper. She really did look mentally lost out there, which is not the Serena who won all those Slams.

sammy01
:lol: Only thing I can take from this match...wow nobody plays mp down better than Serena. I mean 7 mp's saved, almost got back on serve.. Virgenie was overdoing the cramps a bit imo, but ok..congrats.

razzano had 1 of the worst DF's on 1 MP, missed a forehand by 30 feet on another, backhand wide on another. serena is a great player and fighter but she was randomly good/bad on most points in the match.

as for the match, it was mostly a mess, but as with the wta always the drama saved it. serena is not mentally the player she was and that happens with age, plus clay is just not her surface.

as for razzano given what she has been through it is hard not to be happy for her.

G&R
Virginie played great :worship: :worship: :worship: what an amazing result. After all she's been through,she deserved this win
Congrats.
Serena had all the chances to turn this match around(umpire,cramps,lucky shots)but failed.

Becool
You can point at any past videos or matches, the difference between Madrid's blue fake clay and RG's is sickening. :mad: Proof, Serena lost in the R128 of Roland-Garros.

TBH nothing needs to be added more. Victoria has a slam, Serena has none in 2-3 years -- she is not the best player in the world PERIOD. Whether she beat X or Y top ten isn't important -- :lol:

honey, clay is not azarenka's best surface either. we never saw them playing on this surface before, and azarenka almost lost to brianti too. at least razzano is not a nobody and has been on top 20 before.

espana
May 29th, 2012, 08:31 PM
to me it's the most shocking exit of a player in first round ever

Becool
May 29th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Such a bizarre match. I don't understand Sarin's attitude today. I was waiting for her to fire herself up, but she was just so flat after the second set. It also seemed like she was trying her best not to scream or celebrate so as not to piss of the crowd.

felt the same.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Ok, congrats...and let's talk again after next week saturday..to see if Vika won RG or not, no?! :shrug:
If she's the winner, we take our hats off..if not, then she's in the same boat as Serena, no?! Serena at least already has RG.

donniedarkofan
May 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
felt the same.

She was definitely holding herself back. There were no fist pumps and come ons. Everything for the french (idiotic) crowd.

olympus28
May 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
When I think that everybody was planning something like 6-1 6-0 even serena herself

LIFE:bounce:

Blu€
May 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM
What a match! :worship: epic!
It's a shame Serena is out so early but Virginie played her heart out there! Respect! :hi5:

effedcamel
May 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM
The true vultures are on TF trying to pour salt on someone's wounds.

Happy that Maria's draw just got a lot easier, but no need to throw shit at Serena people.

pov
May 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Ridiculous trolls claiming the legitimacy of her cramps..
Have you ever had cramps while playing? No one moves like Razzano was moving with cramps. I don't doubt that her muscles spasmed producing a shooting pain - but that passes quickly. But cramps? No.

HeninFan_2008
May 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
:bounce:

JoPova
May 29th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I'm shocked. I'm honestly sad that her record of never losing in first rounds of majors is over! But I'm sure she'll come back strongly at Wimbledon!

The Dawntreader
No amount of adjectives can do this crazy justice. Never seen Serena go almost hysterical and then catatonic within the same match. Wilted mentally after that lead in a way I've never seen ANYONE of her stature do. Crying at the changeover said it all. It was absolutely inexplicable.

Unbelievable effort from Razzano, from the first game she was pouncing all over the ball. Even amidst all the bonkers drama, she was still going for her shots and unwilling to let the match get wrestled from her at all. What a feeling it must be after the utter shit she's been through the last year. Bravo.

I don't know how this impacts on Serena in the future, I really don't.

Becool
Have you ever had cramps while playing? No one moves like Razzano was moving with cramps. I don't doubt that her muscles spasmed producing a shooting pain - but that passes quickly. But cramps? No.

thank you.

LUXXXAS
Serena :sad:

gulzhan
May 29th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Amazing fight by Razzano :worship:

monmonito
May 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Congratulations to Virginie...she should celebrate with this win...let's see what she can do in R2...I hope she wont lose...Serena why?..what happened?..one of the wrost day in her career... ;)

StephenUK
Without doubt, one of the biggest shocks in the last 40+ years of the Open era, to rank alongside the following epics:

Martina Navratilova losing 4r RG v Kathy Horvath 1983
Martina Hingis losing 1r Wimbledon v Jelena Dokic 1998
Justine Henin losing sf Wimbledon v Marion Bartoli 2007

It was a bit similar to the Henin defeat in the sense that Serena just seemed to disintegrate out of nowhere from a winning position for absolutely no good reason. How could she lose the tiebreak from a 5-1 lead? How could she then fall 5-0 down in the final set? And how did she not manage to win any of the break points she had at 5-3 down, especially when Razzano squandered so many match points.

In the end, Serena just didn't use her brain, she did not seem to have any idea how to tackle the match and made far too many errors. Razzano deserves a medal for bravery, surviving cramp and the nerves and all those missed match points. Well done to her, a brilliant, epic performance! :worship:

But Serena must be devastated - the last three slams have now ended in disaster and this defeat is the worst of all. She was playing her best clay tennis probably ever, before this event, and to pull out such a dreadful performance and lose her first ever 1r GS is a total shocker. It will be interesting to see how this affects Serena at Wimbledon and the Olympics, because it is looking like she is starting to develop a GS complex now....

~Cherry*Blossom~
As many doubts as I had of Serena winning this tournament I seriously wasn't expecting her to lose first round.

Congrats to Virginie, she played well and gutted it out at the end.

As for Serena, I'm seriously disappointed in the manner in which she came out to play today. Tight and not having anything really working. Even at the end on her break points she kept trying to smack the return and only once did she make one into court (only to find herself stuck in no mans land in the middle of the court and dumping her "volley" in the bottom of the net). Her basically sulking and giving Razzano a 5-0 lead was too much. Hopefully she will regroup and comeback stronger, but that's three slams in a row with a similar type of performance to lose (tight, nothing working and not being able to win when playing ugly). Good luck at Wimbledon Serena, I know you will bounce back there!

pov
May 29th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Congrats to Razzano. I only watched from the TB on but from what I saw she played well.

danieln1
Obviously this is a WTA/Sharapova conspiracy to get sharapova to her first title :secret:

AnywhereButHome
Well ,Serena still has 13 GS and is way better than your faves :oh: :oh: :oh:

Kon.
Am I the only one more sad that her R1 record has been broken :unsure:

No. I feel the same.
For this and other reasons this wasn't just an early upset.

Kampi
May 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Pure drama and what a huge match from Razza. Stunned Serena, but of course Rena chocked it totally away in the tiebreak of the second set. But all credits to Razzano for a great match and an even bigger fight.:worship::worship::worship:

FERLKE
WTF :spit::bolt:

Allez Virginie! :woohoo:

Trih
I'm both shocked and gutted for Serena as well as happy and empathic for Virginie, tennis is so cruel sometimes.

Ciarán
Ecstatic for Virginie. She fought so hard in the end and she deserves this after such a tough time. Made all the more sweeter that it was in front of a home crowd :). I feel sorry for Serena. She was truly pathetic today.

Vikapower
May 29th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Ok, congrats...and let's talk again after next week saturday..to see if Vika won RG or not, no?! :shrug:
If she's the winner, we take our hats off..if not, then she's in the same boat as Serena, no?! Serena at least already has RG.

:lol: Victoria already has a major, remember AO 2012 and it's in her ranking points. Serena has no major W in hers. Helllooo :rolls: -- how is she in the main boat as Serena ? :rolls:

Whether Victoria wins RG or not, she is the best player in the world since she already has a slam. Winning RG is only a bonus to make people who are doubting her stop their incessant talks -- because of their bias towards Serena. She is the best player in the world. PERIOD. ;)

honey, clay is not azarenka's best surface either. we never saw them playing on this surface before, and azarenka almost lost to brianti too. at least razzano is not a nobody and has been on top 20 before.

Well I don't think I ever said she's good on clay :shrug: but at the difference she's still in the tournament. She wasn't getting ALL the hype Serena was and fortime she's the world #1 and AO 2012 champion.

Victoria was 7-6 4-0 and turned the match around something Serena was unable to do. I don't think we'll argue of who was the greater champion in that kind of desperate scenario where almost everything is against you. ;)

Virginie played great, it's a great story for France though I wished it was Kristina. I just hope people will calm down on Serena each and every major now.

doooma6816
May 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Serena? :hug:

Virginie deserved it so much...:)

Eva Asderaki I lost respect for you, such a cruel bitch.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM
razzano had 1 of the worst DF's on 1 MP, missed a forehand by 30 feet on another, backhand wide on another. serena is a great player and fighter but she was randomly good/bad on most points in the match.

as for the match, it was mostly a mess, but as with the wta always the drama saved it. serena is not mentally the player she was and that happens with age, plus clay is just not her surface.

as for razzano given what she has been through it is hard not to be happy for her.

She was oddly back on the break back points. Alas...she's given us so many amazing comebacks and as you say age catches up with everybody.

Congrats Virgenie..this is what makes life so amazing.

Raiden
May 29th, 2012, 08:44 PM
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/blackfire82/ArsenioSlam.gif

Sombrerero loco
May 29th, 2012, 08:44 PM
thanks virginie :)

Iceflower
May 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Without doubt, one of the biggest shocks in the last 40+ years of the Open era, to rank alongside the following epics:

Martina Navratilova losing 4r RG v Kathy Horvath 1983
Martina Hingis losing 1r Wimbledon v Jelena Dokic 1998
Justine Henin losing sf Wimbledon v Marion Bartoli 2007

Don't forget Maria Sharapova's 1st round loss @ 2010 AO ;)

Maria rocks
May 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
OMG Am i dreaming!!! I just... words fail me..... CONGRATULATIONS RAZZANO XX

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 08:46 PM
:lol: Victoria already has a major, remember AO 2012 and it's in her ranking points which is not Serena's case : 0 major title in the last 2 years Helllooo :rolls: -- how is she in the main boat as Serena ? :rolls:

Whether Victoria wins RG or not, she is the best player in the world since she already has a slam. Winning RG is only a bonus to make people who are doubting her stop their incessant talks -- because of their bias towards Serena.

Well I don't think I ever said she's good on clay :shrug: but at the difference she's still in the tournament. She wasn't getting ALL the hype Serena was and fortime she's the world #1 and AO 2012 champion.

Victoria was 7-6 4-0 and turned the match around something Serena was unable to do. I don't think we'll argue of who was the greater champion in these kinds of desperate scenarios where almost everything is against you.

Serena is the most decorated active player. She's shown she still can produce amazing tennis this year. Of course she's gonna get all the hype. She's been there done that.. but okay now it's time for the younger generation. No shame in that. What's the thing anyways?

Zero majors in the last two years? Well considering Serena has been OUT for almost one year and this is her 4th major since her comeback..:shrug:

Vika's the best player in the world, well..you can think that.

doomsday
May 29th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Serena is the most decorated active player. She's shown she still can produce amazing tennis this year. Of course she's gonna get all the hype. She's been there done that.. but okay now it's time for the younger generation. No shame in that. What's the thing anyways?

Zero majors in the last two years? Well considering Serena has been OUT for almost one year and this is her 4th major since her comeback..:shrug:

Bandabou, you're gonna win that fight tonight for your sake just give up :lol:

donniedarkofan
May 29th, 2012, 08:48 PM

Victoria was 7-6 4-0 and turned the match around something Serena was unable to do. I don't think we'll argue of who was the greater champion in that kind of desperate scenario where almost everything is against you. ;)

She wasn't as hyped as Serena beacuse she's nowhere near to Serena. Serena is a better mover, she's hitting the ball better, she's got a better serve and overall, she's just years away from Azarenka. Victoria will never be on the same level. PERIOD.

Becool
Don't forget Maria Sharapova's 1st round loss @ 2010 AO ;)

sharapova losing on first rounds are not shocking.

LightWarrior
I'm shocked. I'm honestly sad that her record of never losing in first rounds of majors is over! But I'm sure she'll come back strongly at Wimbledon!

Where does that come from ? This Serena record is a myth. Evert hever lost in R1 or R2 of all the GS she' played. :rolleyes:
More importantly why did Serena decide to start playing close to her normal level being down 0/5 ? When she came back 3/5 I was sure she was going to win. When she saved the 1st few MPs I was even more sure of it. :(

Iceflower
Am I the only one who is sad that we won't be seeing no more of that lovely Nike green dress? :sad:

Also, who will stop Wozniacki now?:help:

Queenpova

:blah:

http://www.tennisperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Razzano.jpg

HRHoliviasmith
May 29th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Am I the only one who is sad that we won't be seeing no more of that lovely Nike green dress? :sad:

cakewalk-p.

FedererBulgaria
Im still shocked...this was crazy...im not a fan of Serena ,but feels sorry for her....but im happy for Virginie as well

Joelina

from now Serenas won´t be as well

TennisAddict84
Serena seems to feel more of the pressure the last few yrs in GS whenever she is hyped up and proclaimed to be the OVERWHELMING favorite to win the title...she always tends to lose early. But then when she is unfit and considered to have no chance in hell of winning a GS, Serena defies the media and ends up winning the title. So in short, I think nowadays, Serena would prefer to be the underdog rather than the favorite and feel the pressure of winning.

Becool
May 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
:blah:

http://www.tennisperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Razzano.jpg

reported.

goldenlox
imo the match of the year so far. I cant remember a 1st round match being so important to who wins a major.
Maybe McNeil-Graf, but 46-0 makes this the biggest upset I can remember

Stonerpova
Like I've said before, the American media and Serena fans here (among other posters) had blown her title prospects way out of proportion. Winning Charleston and Madrid is great and all, but they are about as far from Paris' clay as you can get. Having said that, Serena still should have pulled this off, but something emotionally was very wrong. Serena is a very emotional player, and we've seen her anger get the best of her. This was the complete other end of the spectrum, until she was 5-0 down in the third she seemed dispondant and out of it. Serena still fought like the champion she is, and it's a testament to her greatness that everyone here (and the ES commentators) thought she would still pull it off from 0-5, 30-all.

:hug: to Serena's sane fans. No sympathy for the rude, over-the-top "LORDRENA TO SLAY!!!!1111" trolls.

As for Razzano, I couldn't be happier for her. After everything she's been through she gets a win like this to cherish forever.

Spring Pools
Goat Rena has won fewer GS matches than slumping JJ this year :oh:

doomsday

I can't believe the cockiness :lol:

Setsuna.
Rena. :hug:
Good luck in Wimbly.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM

That was sure a lovely dress, indeed.

madmax
May 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
anyway, 5th best player in the world losing is not such a shock anyway...now it's time for the TOP 4 to show how it's done when it really matters:bowdown: So that all the sulking part-timer stans can watch and witness

Sammo
May 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I'm so happy for Virginie... I jumped when she finally won :lol:

Irute
May 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I am just reading through this thread and really don't know what to write. I guess nothing outside the obvious:
1. Congrats to Virginie, what a day for her. She fought Serena, her own confidence and never let it go ... congrats :yeah:
2. Feel bad for Serena. I think she cried because she felt this end coming; she could not find within herself how to turn this one around. She just need to think grass now. It will be here soon enough.

Halepsova
May 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
from now Serenas won´t be as well

Aren't you shocked that Charleston and Madrid champion who beats Sharapova left and right losing to some injured player? :spit:

The way Sharapova lost 1R at Australian Open wasn't shocking because she didn't play well coming to the tournament, unlike Serena.

Patrick345
May 29th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Wozniacki after she heard Serena is out....

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/10/25/2729957/art-svWOZNIACKI-420x0.jpg

http://www.noopportunitywasted.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wozniacki-llora.jpg

......and after she realized it will be Görges instead. ;)

$uricate
What? :eek:

Im more upset about Serena's first round record at slams being tarnished than the loss :(

I actually can't believe this :shrug:

kaktusino
bitches everywhere.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
anyway, 5th best player in the world losing is not such a shock anyway...now it's time for the TOP 4 to show how it's done when it really matters:bowdown: So that all the sulking part-timer stans can watch and witness

:lol: Yep..let 'em show us. Specially the no.2...what is it now? 4 and half years without a major? Yeah, she sure needs to show us.

Mightymirza
May 29th, 2012, 08:57 PM
OMG pova could now actually win RG :o

merda2004
well theres always the first time for everything! :-)

merda2004

http://www.noopportunitywasted.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wozniacki-llora.jpg

ahahahha funny!!!!

Raiden
May 29th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Asderaki is the "big villain" today.

Going by the highlights I'm more disturbed by the travesty of her umpiring than I'm surprised or entertained by the tennis performance or drama between the players.

Becool
May 29th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Aren't you shocked that Charleston and Madrid champion who beats Sharapova left and right losing to some injured player? :spit:

The way Sharapova lost 1R at Australian Open wasn't shocking because she didn't play well coming to the tournament, unlike Serena.

let's see if the stuttgart champion can win this time. the player she always lost is out, it's all in her hands :wavey:

misty1
May 29th, 2012, 09:01 PM
great win for virginie

The Daviator
Serena :hug: It's awful that her 1R record is now gone, but then she did win 3 Slams from MP down, so it's all swings and roundabouts, a good day will come again for her soon :yeah: Congrats to Virgine :yeah:

Maria is a huge favourite now.

Cosmic Voices
:lol: Yep..let 'em show us. Specially the no.2...what is it now? 4 and half years without a major? Yeah, she sure needs to show us.

tbf she has the most majors our of the top 4 so fu

Roookie
May 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Razzano...to Razzano :haha:

NashaMasha
May 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Renafans has got clear and precise response to their insults of Maria from the fate....

Virgianie was brave, courageous,tenacious with a big heart and playing top 5 tennis, maybe best in her life, fighting with twitches againt main favorite of the tournament, against unfair and miserable Azderaki. She has provided a great example how to give all of herself to the struggle , how to fight for every point from start to the end , how to control nerves, how to play agressive and rely on her own game, not on the opponents errors....
Razanno has shown what are worth all this seeded 20 or 30 girls losing to favorites with bagels, just pushing and hoping that their opponent will start errorfest, how really pathetic is 80% of WTA, from which almost all are "knocked out" before the match and playing coward tennis......

Eva Azderaki should be ashamed, she was definitely not impartial, trying to save favorite (yes, yes to let some officials and TV companies gain more money) She must be fired at least at RG or will hear "Booooo" every time she enters the court

Virgiania Rasanno you are a true "Rocky Balboa" , congratulations and good luck in next rounds

Bismarck.
May 29th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I'm absolutely :speakles: over this loss. I haven't been this surprised by a WTA result since the Bartoli-Henin Wimbledon semi.

akosijepoy
May 29th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Damnit!!!! Ughhhhh!!!!

KarlyM*
May 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Virginie :sobbing: :hug: I'm very happy for her, especially after what she has been through. ;)

Ever since Serena came back after her injuries/illness, she doesn't seem "determined" to win a GS title - she now seems "desperate" to win a GS title. It's like she hears the ticking clock of her career running out and is running out of opportunities to win more slams. I think that's what we saw today. She's human after all. :awww:

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 09:05 PM
tbf she has the most majors our of the top 4 so fu

Serena has the most out of ANY player active, still doesn't stop you guys from talking crap, no?! :shrug:

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Virginie :sobbing: :hug: I'm very happy for her, especially after what she has been through. ;)

Ever since Serena came back after her injuries/illness, she doesn't seem "determined" to win a GS title - she now seems "desperate" to win a GS title. It's like she hears the ticking clock of her career running out and is running out of opportunities to win more slams. I think that's what we saw today. She's human after all. :awww:

Interesting theory..could be on something!

pepaw
May 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
this sucks. virginie was fun to watch and i was rooting for it to go to three but serena was so flat in the third. sad to see.

crowd is fun though. and asderaki went overboard for sure...

**mashafierce**
May 29th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I really was torn today .On the one hand I wanted Virginie to win and Maria having a better chance on RG on the other hand I was really sad to see Serena in this state .I want her to play the best she can because she is a part of tennis history and an example for wta players.

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Regarding Eva Asderaki, I have read many digruntled posts from Serena fans says she was again unfair towards Serena. Many others are saying Virginie was hard done by by Asderaki. The fact that she is getting it both ways rather makes me think she did a very difficult job pretty well out there.

simonsaystennis
May 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM

Wow, never thought of it this way, but I think you are so right.

GrandMartha
Razzano :worship::worship:

DeliriousPotato
I spit the water I was drinking when I saw these news. Lol I simply cannot believe this.

JCTennisFan
What.... The..... Fuck??? This is now twice that Serena has looked great going into a slam only to flop for no explainable reason. Very Un-Serena like.....

olympus28
The crowd was too much against Serena! They are acting like if it was a movie!
without the crowd Serena would have won it

Vikapower
May 29th, 2012, 09:12 PM

What's the thing ? It's the fact that the old guard is done and the youngsters do not get the credit they deserve, simple as that. Serena is not happening in majors just let it go and move on -- :lol:

The Big 4 and "real" contenders, Petra, Victoria, Maria and Radwanska, the latter to some extent are still in the course to win the title. Just give them credit and stop calling Serena the best player in the world, it's just false, all so false and highly disrespectful.

this is her 4th major since her comeback..:shrug:

In which she suffered another humiliating defeat, don't you ask yourself questions ? :lol:

No Bandabou, I don't think nothing -- the facts are printed in front of your eyes. It's not a game of suggestion, supposition etc. :lol: "I think Victoria is..." etc. no it's facts, "She is..." :lol:

Watch her achievements in 2012 compare to Serena, it's 1 major to 0. It's just as simple as that, really. :lol:

And don't try to make it Serena's career vs. Victoria's career - she's 30 and the other 22. So kind of pointless if you ask me. :lol:

LightWarrior
May 29th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Like I've said before, the American media and Serena fans here (among other posters) had blown her title prospects way out of proportion. Winning Charleston and Madrid is great and all, but they are about as far from Paris' clay as you can get.

I agree and as soon as she landed on the red clay in Rome her weaknesses on it were very blatant. She has never been able to make adjustments on that surface (unlike Sharapova). Bad preperation. She should have fully played Stuttgart and Rome instead of Charleston & Madrid. That was not clever.

lenas warriors

WOz is likely playing Gajdosova, Kanepi, Goerges, Sharapova and maybe Li/Kvitova. Nightmare draw regardless of this result! ((Thank goodness!))

Vikapower
She wasn't as hyped as Serena beacuse she's nowhere near to Serena. Serena is a better mover, she's hitting the ball better, she's got a better serve and overall, she's just years away from Azarenka. Victoria will never be on the same level. PERIOD.

:lol: I seriously can't believe you have the nerve to write such after the match we just experienced --

Victoria has all the achievements in 2012 yet they have the ought to say that she's not the best player in the world. Isn't that a total contradiction ? People say you need to win majors to be the best and the second after a world #1 has a major, trusting the tour and she's still not the best in the world ?

Like seriously ? Why can't this logic of winning a major to be considered the best not applying to Serena ? She hasn't won major in 2 freaking years for God's sake and all her losses in the last 4 majors have been humiliations -- I mean everything in front your eyes. Yikes !

**mashafierce**
May 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Regarding Eva Asderaki, I have read many digruntled posts from Serena fans says she was again unfair towards Serena. Many others are saying Virginie was hard done by by Asderaki. The fact that she is getting it both ways rather makes me think she did a very difficult job pretty well out there.

I agree I think she's always impartial and she always sticks to the rules without taking under consideration anything else

pokey camp
:wavey:
:hug:
Asderaki is the "big villain" today.

Going by the highlights I'm more disturbed by the travesty of her umpiring than I'm surprised or entertained by the tennis performance or drama between the players.
Aaaand that's why you shouldn't judge a match by edited highlights. :shrug:

Gaz.
I'm officially done with this slam. :o

Masha now getting a career slam. :o

tejmeglekvár
May 29th, 2012, 09:16 PM
that was kind of Legendary.
hats off, Virginie Razzano. :worship:

Serena started with some half arsed crap performance, needed to play and serve bit better later, still looked enough to win. I dont think Razzano played superb tennis through the whole match. Had good periods but missed so many easy sitters in first 2 sets. I think she could have done this in 2.

officiating wasnt on top today.
First in the TB 5-3, linespeople wrong call when Serena had good position in the rally. Bad luck.
And then the unneccesary hindrance calls, Asderaki had no idea what is she doing. Even Serena looked at her like "Girl, whats your problem?". I couldnt hear anything from Razzano in my TV. Everybody should feel lucky she won it, this could have been really nasty with a Serena win.

GO李娜
Serena had everybody against her, I can't even hear anything
And please stop dressing like Elena Dementieva

http://www.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/large_610x456_scaled/photos/261823.jpg
That's the last person you want to dress like, you get her mentality too

Shafanovic.
:eek: What the hell happened.....

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
so what happened to that thread by our expert reetard poster 'do you think players do their homework?' where razzano said that serena hits hard and she was gonna beat her or something? i thought reetard bumped it 3 days ago and what happened to it now? :unsure:

FERLKE
So she won Charleston & Madrid :happy: :happy:

:spit::haha:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Yes! Go play some NFL football now Serena!

Becool
May 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
:lol: I seriously can't believe you have the nerve to write such after the match we just experienced --

Victoria has all the achievements in 2012 yet they have the ought to say that she's not the best player in the world. Isn't that a total contradiction ? People say you need to win majors to be the best and the second after a world #1 has a major, trusting the tour and she's still not the best in the world ?

Like seriously ? Why can't this logic of winning a major to be considered the best not applying to Serena ? She hasn't won major in 2 freaking years for God's sake and all her losses in the last 4 majors have been humiliations -- I mean everything in front your eyes. Yikes !

r u seriously taking this one match in particular, where NOTHING seemed to work for serena to compare her with azarenka? WOW...

i know you're not that desperate to prove that azarenka is a better player than serena, please...

Pirata.
May 29th, 2012, 09:20 PM
i just :speakles:

Calypso
Peak WTA :speakles:

Oh dear, Serena!:(:help:
I tuned in at 5 all in the second set, and it looked like Serena had it wrapped, racing to a 5-1 lead in the tie break, before disaster struck:(.

And those tears after the 2nd set tie break were surprising :confused:,I thought she would toughen up, put on her fierce game face and make a fight of it in the final set right from the get go. I was honestly surprised by this show of vulnerability from Ree, but I guess its understandable given the unbelievable chance she had...

Ultimately, it was too little too late as she staged a late fightback back from 0-5. Today, Serena's returns were shocking, and Virginie got away with a lot of slow paced 1st and 2nd serves. Credit to Virginie for hanging tough in that final game :eek:, that was such nail-biting drama :worship: with the crowd (and umpire:tape:) getting heavily involved. My brother was cheering for Virginie to win ("She's the under dog"):rolleyes:,yeah right, whatever:lol:.

Ultimately, what a tremendous win for Virginie, clawing back from an impossible deficit in the second set tie-break and fighting through all the hindrances :tape:, cramps, and a storming fightback from Serena to eventually triumph . To all the Razzano fans - enjoy :).
Serena will be back! :kiss:

SVK

People just like throwing trash on everybody behind the computer, I would like to see them umpiring a match...This forum is full of smart doctors (everybody knows everything about human body and injuries) and objective chair umpires which wouldn´t make any mistakes.

NashaMasha
May 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
What's the thing ? It's the fact that the old guard is done and the youngsters do not get the credit they deserve, simple as that. Serena is not happening in majors just let it go and move on -- :lol:

The Big 4 and "real" contenders, Petra, Victoria, Maria and Radwanska, the latter to some extent are still in the course to win the title. Just give them credit and stop calling Serena the best player in the world, it's just false, all so false and highly disrespectful.

In which she suffered another humiliating defeat, don't you ask yourself questions ? :lol:

No Bandabou, I don't think nothing -- the facts are printed in front of your eyes. It's not a game of suggestion, supposition etc. :lol: "I think Victoria is..." etc. no it's facts, "She is..." :lol:

Watch her achievements in 2012 compare to Serena, it's 1 major to 0. It's just as simple as that, really. :lol:

And don't try to make it Serena's career vs. Victoria's career - she's 30 and the other 22. So kind of pointless if you ask me. :lol:

Vikapower don't get too much overexcited. Vika would have lost in straights to this Razanno, like 3-6, 2-6 Vika is really pathetic on red clay and especially during her fist match at RG

tejmeglekvár

someone could make a highlights, when she was unfair to wards Serena/Razzano? just for the record...

jrm
Sharapova would probably tear the entire hotel room down had Serena came back to win it; instead she is drinking champagne :lol:

Stamp Paid
r u seriously taking this one match in particular, where NOTHING seemed to work for serena to compare her with azarenka? WOW...

i know you're not that desperate to prove that azarenka is a better player than serena, please...Ber, stop arguing with that thing. :lol:

it-girl
A huge win for Razzano but a huge loss for the tournament on the womens side. Did not see this coming.

HRHoliviasmith
May 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Sharapova would probably tear the entire hotel room down had Serena came back to win it; instead she is drinking champagne :lol:

:rolls: :rolls: :sobbing:

dsanders06
so what happened to that thread by our expert reetard poster 'do you think players do their homework?' where razzano said that serena hits hard and she was gonna beat her or something? i thought reetard bumped it 3 days ago and what happened to it now? :unsure:

Yup, he deleted it to save his blushes :awww:

doomsday

:lol: that was funny.

donniedarkofan
May 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM

It's not that you can't believe. It's just your lack of knowledge and very immature attitude that makes it impossible for you to get what it's all about. Now, go away.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 09:25 PM

If they keep winning, then all talk about Serena will automatically stop, no? :shrug:

Well reaching the final at U.S. open wasn't all too bad, I'd say.

Vika's the best player day in, day out in 2012. Who's saying anything to the contrary?!

Oh so now we don't make it about careers. Interesting, now why wouldn't we do that..my friend?! :lol:
The time is now for Vika..go for it.

pov
May 29th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Williams: WPG=1.22 UPG=1.5

Towanda
WD Virginie! :eek: :bounce:

Serena :hug:

What a shame this will bring out all the pathetic losers cumming in their pants at such a loss.

Give me a fucking break. If Serena had won there would have been way more pathetic losers gloating about it, posting "snatched that bitches wig" gifs, calling Razzano and her fans bitches, and proclaiming Serena unbeatable. I haven't read this entire thread, but I've not yet seen any wig snatching gifs, nor have I seen anyone called a bitch. And I didn't have any trouble getting onto the site.

Vintage101
Big shock to see Serena fall apart like that. She will definitely win a grand slam soon, for the simple reason that every match is on her racket. She's still the best.

Who will win RG? Possibly Radwanska or Goerges.

goldenlox
May 29th, 2012, 09:27 PM
The really fascinating part of that match was that the last, long game was *4-5. So if Serena gets to 5-5 she becomes a huge favorite to win the match.
It kept going matchpoint, deuce.. once in a while a breakpoint for 5-5.
That was a very tense last half hour.

bandabou
Bandabou, you're gonna win that fight tonight for your sake just give up :lol:

Man and they talk bad about Serena-fans?! :sobbing:

Stamp Paid
Yup, he deleted it to save his blushes :awww:He did? Yas. Thats my bish. Always forward thinking. :lol:

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Obviously this is a WTA/Sharapova conspiracy to get sharapova to her first title :secret:

the fact that your post focuses more on the player you hate rather than the subject of the thread says a lot...pathetic...once again, focus on your girl

Marlene
Crap, shit, poo.

Bugger.

I hate the Frogeater Open. Always have, retroactively, as of right now.

(Can't bring myself to hate Razzano, bless her).

NashaMasha

Pova and Caro are drinking champaign Moet & Chandon together

In reality, Caro in QF will not be easier than incapable on red clay Rena. For Maria nothing changed , still 6 matches to win and nobody can predict which of them will be the toughest

Serenita
:wavey:

alfonsojose
May 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Razzano is such a cheater. But No simpathy for Serena either. "She won Rome and Madrid", "Men are weenies". Take it like a woman and don't cry.

doomsday
May 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM

Believe it or not it was an advice :lol:

alfonsojose
May 29th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Pova has nothing for granted. Na Li is still a favorite on the slower RG courts.

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Yup, he deleted it to save his blushes :awww:

NID...can dish it out, but can't take :awww:

:hug: to Serena's sane fans. No sympathy for the rude, over-the-top "LORDRENA TO SLAY!!!!1111" trolls

YUP...this has to be said

FERLKE

Caro :hearts::kiss:

vozas
A shame she had to go out so soon. She just hates this tournament. I expected a mental block against someone before she faced Maria, but not this early. Get your booty in Wimbledon and win your last slam. Tennis ain't your thing anymore.

petkoan
May 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM
to the exit Serena

Sammo
OMG, this thread is gonna be even more epic than Hantuchova def. Wozniacki 6-1 6-3 last year at RG :oh:

Beny
That umpire has to go. She should not be allowed to supervise matches. That hindrance call when I barely heard Razzano, then she should take every point off Vika Azarenka that she plays. Not fair. Maybe we could start a petition against her.

btw. Imagine a Radwanska-Wozniacki final :spit: And Wozniacki winning it... I would never forgive this Serena

Hope there will be a random winner. My Cibulkova prediction is still alive.

Vikapower
May 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
If they keep winning, then all talk about Serena will automatically stop, no? :shrug:

What have you thought they've been doing ? Victoria, Radwanska and Maria have been making every possible SF and F out there -- I mean the facts are there, what do you need more ?

Almost all the majority of the Premier events of the last 4-5 months have been won by the big 4. Victoria is undefeated against the rest of the field, Maria only lost one match to a player outside the top 10 (Kerber), Radwanska only has one too (Cetkovska). Isn't that enough already ?

Well reaching the final at U.S. open wasn't all too bad, I'd say.

Vika's the best player day in, day out in 2012. Who's saying anything to the contrary?!

Oh so now we don't make it about careers. Interesting, now why wouldn't we do that..my friend?! :lol:

Did you listen to the British ES commentators today and yesterday ? :lol: Today they were like she is the best because she's Serena Williams. :lol: Just her name makes her the best, where are the achievements over the last past 2 years or so ? Where the receipts = majors ? :lol:

Yesterday, the same commentator said while commenting Victoria's match that Victoria is the best but almost immediately corrected with, if Serena is listening she's just the computer best. Sorry but this is just highly offensive proof against them, the very next day, "The best player" in the world lost. :lol:

Oh so now we don't make it about careers. Interesting, now why wouldn't we do that..my friend?!

You're not going to compare a 32 yo. and 22 right ? :lol: We all know in the career department who wins, just keep it to 2012 and Serena is not in the game anymore. ;)

madmax
May 29th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Big shock to see Serena fall apart like that. She will definitely win a grand slam soon, for the simple reason that every match is on her racket. She's still the best.

Who will win RG? Possibly Radwanska or Goerges.

I can't believe how cocky and delusional some folks are even after defeats like this...:haha:

Steven.
May 29th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I love serena as a person but this gives me so much fucking life after all the shit sarin stans have been spewing in gm.

fuck staying classy, bye gurl.

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I'm officially done with this slam. :o

Masha now getting a career slam. :o

it's funny how hardly any maria fans even claim her chances to win RG after serena is out...it's only the haters who keep proclaiming it as a must!

J4m3ka
May 29th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Congrats to Virginie. A genuinely inspirational performance given what she's had to go through with the loss of her husband. I know there's a story for every player, but this one was particularly sad.

Oh Serena... I bet she feels awful after all the work she's put in this year. Granted, red clay is her weakest surface, although I don't think that was the reason for her loss today. Put this surface and opponent in a city not named Paris and I get the impression she'd have pulled out the win. The deciding point, of course, was the ball that Serena let go on the baseline. She wanted the match SO much that she was hoping the ball landed out. It wasn't a particularly difficult shot to deal with, another lob and she was back in the point. A real bad decision :sad:

I think a combination of Serena wanting to keep her R1 record intact, wanting a successful start to RG after a good clay court season (and disappointing recent Slam losses), and an inspired French opponent led to her self destruction. I've never seen her be so emotional after simply losing a set, and she woke up way too late at 0-5 in the third.

As many people have said, Wimbledon will be the make or break point for Serena's 30+ career. The most worrying point is that other girls will have seen how vulnerable she has become in the Slams, which will ultimately fire them up even more. One of the saddest things is that the draw becomes boring now, not only will I not be seeing my fave playing, but many of the match ups that we've been looking forward to will no longer happen (Serena / Woz, Maria / Serena) etc.

No idea who I want to cheer for now :lol: As I said last year, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Martha completing the box set, although her fans would be completely nauseating :help: Either that or Na defending her title I guess.

Snatch them wigs at Wimbledon Sequeena.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Believe it or not it was an advice :lol:

Can't you guys do something about Vikapower?! :sobbing:

petkoan
May 29th, 2012, 09:39 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=59837&d=1338323559

littlebin
Congratulations for Serena to break her record of never losing the first round in grand slams.

doomsday

Can't you guys do something about Foxy?! :lol: we're both screwed :rolls:

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Can't you guys do something about Foxy?! :lol: we're both screwed :rolls:Foxy is a Venus fan, we can't do nothing about that. :lol:

Steven.
May 29th, 2012, 09:40 PM
it's funny how hardly any maria fans even claim her chances to win RG after serena is out...it's only the haters who keep proclaiming it as a must!

right? and all the shit about Maria stans showing their true colours when it's noone else but vika-fucking-power. they need to get a fucking grip :lol:

Beat
May 29th, 2012, 09:41 PM
of all the things serena has accomplished in her career, never having lost in the 1st round of a slam was the most impressive IMO. that's all in the past now ...
well, she won rome charleston and madrid *insert chuckling serena gif*

I will not watch WTA tennis ever again. :sobbing:

goodbye! :wavey:

flareon
Whats really sad, is the masha stans cannot even compliment virginie on her play tonight to busy filling there pants with cum at serenas lose, its probably one of the best matches of the year for drama, and some of the shots were awesome, such a shame... and because of it as much as I love her I want maria to lose now so you will all be shut up... your ruining this slam for her, shes in the form of her life and if she wins it your gunna spew your usual crap...

bandabou
What have you thought they've been doing ? Victoria, Radwanska and Maria have been making every possible SF and F out there -- I mean the facts are there, what do you need more ?

Almost all the majority of the Premier events of the last 4-5 months have been won by the big 4. Victoria is undefeated against the rest of the field, Maria only lost one match to a player outside the top 10 (Kerber), Radwanska only has one too (Cetkovska).

Did you listen to the British ES commentators today and yesterday ? :lol: Today they were like she is the best because she's Serena Williams. :lol: Just her name makes her the best, where are the achievements over the last past 2 years or so ? Where the receipts = majors ? :lol:

Yesterday, the same commentator said while commenting Victoria's match that Victoria is the best but almost immediately corrected with, if Serena is listening she's just the computer best. Sorry but this is just highly offensive proof for them the very next "The best player" in the world lost. :lol:

You're not going to compare a 32 yo. and 22 right ? :lol: We all know in the career department who wins, just keep it to 2012 and Serena is not in the game anymore. ;)

Serena won two big tourneys herself too, no?! :shrug: It ain't like she was some qualifier or something.
Kudos to Vika...worry about her, leave Serena alone. She's winning? Great for her.

People say thay about her because she's a LEGEND...would say the same about Graf, Navratilova et al..it comes with the status. Learn to deal with it or better yet: let Vika create her OWN legend. Win multiple majors in a row, something like that..then people won't be talking about Serena. Promised.

Everybody loses. Relax...your fav is in the tourney, cheer for her. :wavey:

gc-spurs
May 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM

No, cause it means madmax doubles in power.

FORZA SARITA
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/5e4n/wutt.gif

cn ireland
Wow, what a dramatic match!!!!!!!

HRHoliviasmith
Can't you guys do something about Foxy?! :lol: we're both screwed :rolls:

She belongs to the Veelievers, talk to them. :lol:

Foxy cracks me up though, I can't lie. :devil:

Stamp Paid
Whats really sad, is the masha stans cannot even compliment virginie on her play tonight to busy filling there pants with cum at serenas lose, its probably one of the best matches of the year for drama, and some of the shots were awesome, such a shame... and because of it as much as I love her I want maria to lose now so you will all be shut up... your ruining this slam for her, shes in the form of her life and if she wins it your gunna spew your usual crap...Yes, preach! They're just vile! :lol:

UDACHi
May 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
cannot believe that last game. :o :o :o

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
right? and all the shit about Maria stans showing their true colours when it's noone else but vika-fucking-power. they need to get a fucking grip :lol:

So what we have to do? You see all the crap he's posting about Serena in here?!

flareon
May 29th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Yes, preach! They're just vile! :lol:

They are not even a good word to be had...

HRHoliviasmith
May 29th, 2012, 09:44 PM
No, cause it means madmax doubles in power.

:hysteric: Post Of The Year....OMG! :hysteric:

Harry.
May 29th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Peak WTA.:bowdown: This is why I love women's tennis so much. This match was pure madness.:worship:

I mean, what can you say? Probably one of the biggest upsets ever. And I mean it was just crazy! The weird yelps from Razzano during play, the hindrance call, weepy Serena, I can go on and on and on. The ATP could never. :lol:

Gutted for Serena but just chuffed for Razzano. After what she's been through, to be able to win a match like this in front of her home crowd against someone like Serena. Amazing. :bigclap: I don't think I've ever watched anything quite like it. I've never seen Serena lose the plot mentally like that ever. She went walkabout after the second set. She lost something like 17 of the last 19 points from 5-1 up in the tiebreak till 3-0 in the third set which is madness. Just shocking really. :awww: Virginie will probably bomb in the next round but yeah, she'll cherish this moment forever.

And that last game. Possibly the most epic game ever. 24 minutes, 5 break points to Serena and 8 match points to Razzano. Crazy. WTA FTW. :rocker2:

jameshazza
May 29th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I don't know why we're being dragged into this, none of us have been cheering Rena's loss or gloating. Some posters have just got a dig in at other posters proclaiming Rena would whip Masha in the QF.

Vikapower
May 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Vikapower don't get too much overexcited. Vika would have lost in straights to this Razanno, like 3-6, 2-6 Vika is really pathetic on red clay and especially during her fist match at RG

I'm not overexcited -- RG is kingdom for upsets. Everyone knows that but Serena was so hyped it's just a relief.

All over the web it was the same song, from journalists to fans, blogs, commentators, twitter [...] just totally sickening and unbearable. The train just crashed and it's all just good.

It's not that you can't believe. It's just your lack of knowledge and very immature attitude that makes it impossible for you to get what it's all about. Now, go away.

I don't exactly know what you're disputing about because in 2012 the facts are there --

Your logic of trying to make this a career vs. career just doesn't work. As of 2012 Serena doesn't play the same ball-game as the top 4 players. I don't really care whether or what she does at her best that the others can't, facts are --

She has lost all last 4 majors in dramatic fashion, hasn't won a slam in 2 years hence CAN NOT be considered the best player in the world. Wozniacki suffered the same critics and it's not because your name is Serena W. you escape. If I'm immature for saying that well let it be. :yeah:

danieln1
May 29th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I think Safina must be laughing about this. I remember when I used twitter the moment Stosur won the match point against Serena in the US Open final she instantly congratulated Sam on her title, and I don´t think they were that good friends.

Now she can say that Serena won Charleston and Madrid and bombed in RG :secret:

I really wished I saw this match, it must have been heart wrenching...... poor Serena fans :( I was cheering for her too.

Cinek
May 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Razzano :worship::worship::worship:

HRHoliviasmith
May 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I think Safina must be laughing about this. I remember when I used twitter the moment Stosur won the match point against Serena in the US Open final she instantly congratulated Sam on her title, and I don´t think they were that good friends.

I really wished I saw this match, it must have been heart wrenching...... poor Serena fans :( I was cheering for her too.

Thank you, darling. :smooch:

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Yes, preach! They're just vile! :lol:

You, of all people, are talking about how vile other fans are? oh

Break My Rapture
May 29th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I must add though that I was shocked to the bone when I saw Serena whiping away tears after she lost the second set. My jaw literally dropped to the floor. I was actually enjoying the match because of the high tempo exchanges but seeing Serena this...gutted, made me quite sad TBH. I hope she bounces back.

Sammo
Congratulations for Serena to break her record of never losing the first round in grand slams.

http://www.frikipedia.es/images/c/cf/Hitler.gif

HRHoliviasmith
Sammo, you're doing too much.

Chip.
Whats really sad, is the masha stans cannot even compliment virginie on her play tonight to busy filling there pants with cum at serenas lose, its probably one of the best matches of the year for drama, and some of the shots were awesome, such a shame... and because of it as much as I love her I want maria to lose now so you will all be shut up... your ruining this slam for her, shes in the form of her life and if she wins it your gunna spew your usual crap...

Best post of the whole thread. :worship:

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 09:57 PM
You, of all people, are talking about how vile other fans are? ohYes, bitch, I am. What?

(Thanks for taking the bait and noticing, dsanders. :kiss:)

Sammo
May 29th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Sammo, you're doing too much.

I just found that awesome gif and had to use it somewhere before I forgot it :hysteric:

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Serena is no.1 right now?! :shrug:

18majors
May 29th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Well done, Virginie!

HRHoliviasmith
May 29th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I just found that awesome gif and had to use it somewhere before I forgot it :hysteric:

Hitler and awesome in the same sentence? :o

Steven.
btw what was Virginie leading by that Serena saved 7 mp but still couldn't make a comeback?

miffedmax
Foxy is a Venus fan, we can't do nothing about that. :lol:

http://jambewright.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/oh-you-bastard.jpg

colt13
May 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Peak WTA.:bowdown: This is why I love women's tennis so much. This match was pure madness.:worship:

I mean, what can you say? Probably one of the biggest upsets ever. And I mean it was just crazy! The weird yelps from Razzano during play, the hindrance call, weepy Serena, I can go on and on and on. The ATP could never. :lol:

Gutted for Serena but just chuffed for Razzano. After what she's been through, to be able to win a match like this in front of her home crowd against someone like Serena. Amazing. :bigclap: I don't think I've ever watched anything quite like it. I've never seen Serena lose the plot mentally like that ever. She went walkabout after the second set. She lost something like 17 of the last 19 points from 5-1 up in the tiebreak till 3-0 in the third set which is madness. Just shocking really. :awww: Virginie will probably bomb in the next round but yeah, she'll cherish this moment forever.

And that last game. Possibly the most epic game ever. 24 minutes, 5 break points to Serena and 8 match points to Razzano. Crazy. WTA FTW. :rocker2:

Serena was 2 pts away. The funny thing is that I remember the Clijsters/Rus match last year where Kim was 2 pts away, and although just as shocking, didnt have nearly the drama. The other thing is that Clijsters was coming off injuries and couldnt find her form. Serena withdrew in her last tournament and couldnt find her form. The ironic thing is that people wanted Serena to play more. Due to having to play Fed Cup to be Olympic eligible, she has....and peaked early. I don't expect to see her until Wimbledon. And her next 3 tournaments will probably be Wimbledon, Olympics, US Open.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 10:04 PM
btw what was Virginie leading by that Serena saved 7 mp but still couldn't make a comeback?

5-0 in the rd..became 5-3 and then the drama began.

Charlatan
May 29th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Yes, bitch, I am. What?

(Thanks for taking the bait and noticing, dsanders. :kiss:)

didn't even take long for your inner vile self to come out

Dexter
May 29th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I thought there was a mistake when I looked up at my phone to check the scores and it was 5-1 up in the 3rd. I was scared to check again as I thought Razzano would choke. Glad she did not. And how gutted am I to miss watching it live. :sad:
Congrats Virginie, huge win!

Miracle Worker
May 29th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I'm speechless :o

Steven.
May 29th, 2012, 10:07 PM
5-0 in the rd..became 5-3 and then the drama began.

Yeah I thought so. against Serena you're never guaranteed to take the set unless you're a triple break up even then you never know.

Despite my previous posts in this thread I'm really gutted for Serena, but happy for Virginie (and Maria naturally). Her interview breaks my heart. :hug: to all the classy Rena fans.

tejmeglekvár
Serena is no.1 right now?! :shrug:

in her mind? always.

pierce85
This should teach some people not to make assumptions based on trophies on blue/green/lilac clay (not clay). Red clay is why Serena is not and will not be the GOAT

colt13
May 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I thought there was a mistake when I looked up at my phone to check the scores and it was 5-1 up in the 3rd. I was scared to check again as I thought Razzano would choke. Glad she did not. And how gutted am I to miss watching it live. :sad:
Congrats Virginie, huge win!

Seeing it in real time was almost like Isner/Mahut in the fact that about halfway through the final game, I didnt want either one to lose. I went from being frustrated that Razzano couldnt hit winners, she did hit one, plus aces, and marveled at the fact that it was either a Serena error into the net or an incredible winner down the line, which she must have done 6-7 times in that game alone. Serena may not have been at her best, but she showed how hard it is to take out a champ. And Virginie fed off that crowd. When she looks back, this may turn out to be the biggest win of her career.

bandabou
May 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM
This should teach some people not to make assumptions based on trophies on blue/green/lilac clay (not clay). Red clay is why Serena is not and will not be the GOAT

She already won on it in the past..so she'll always be in the convo...all GOATS have a major that's kinda their nemesis.

Johnbert
May 29th, 2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.frikipedia.es/images/c/cf/Hitler.gif

:hysteric:

Annie.
May 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Will Serena stans sit the fuck down now?

Nope.

http://i.imgur.com/3rgSu.gif

TennisAddict84
May 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM
gonna be interesting how serena fares at wimbledon...wouldn't be surprised if she completely bounced back...but wouldn't be surprised if she lost early either...

atominside
May 29th, 2012, 10:19 PM
If anyone has a link to watch this match can you please post it:drool::hearts:

Towanda
May 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
It's taken too long for this thread to get ugly, and no database error. This match deserves a peak thread.

The database errors only seem to happen when there are lots of gifs posted. Apparently, Razzano fans don't have a huge collection of "Virginie snatched that bitches wig" gifs, and Serena fans have not yet created "that bitch snatched Serena's wig" gifs.

Too bad, that would have been fun to see.

danieln1
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multimedia/index.html

Highlights are here, too bad NO drama there

Mrs. Dimitrova
This is one of the most bizarre moments in the past few years. Why was she crying? Why was she playing so passively? It doesn't make any sense at all. I can't seem to think of any logical reason to explain her performance today. Something was definitely wrong with her. Was she fearing the French crowd or what?

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 29th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Here's the link to the entire 13-minute final game of the match. Everything's so weird it's actually frightening.

owaWgL0kiOw

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 10:27 PM
This is one of the most bizarre moments in the past few years. Why was she crying? Why was she playing so passively? It doesn't make any sense at all. I can't seem to think of any logical reason to explain her performance today. Something was definitely wrong with her. Was she fearing the French crowd or what?She just wants to win Roland Garros more than any other tournament in the world, and she puts so much pressure on herself to win here.

Simugna Help
May 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM
This is one of the most bizarre moments in the past few years. Why was she crying? Why was she playing so passively? It doesn't make any sense at all. I can't seem to think of any logical reason to explain her performance today. Something was definitely wrong with her. Was she fearing the French crowd or what?

The balls are reported to be slightly heavier than this year, but still difficult to control and fly off in wild distances if you're slightly off. Serena couldn't find her timing, so she went for less risky shots instead of hitting errors all the time. Vuvurenka yesterday was trying to go for her usual depth and angles and hit 50 unforced errors in the first two sets.

jedw
May 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I was out with people when the result came in, I nearly spit my drink out. This is amazing for Virginie, epic fail for those who said serena would lift the trophy. Unbelievable. :eek:

Poor serena, kinda embarrassing.

serendipitynow
May 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
OMG i just woke up and see this :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

tennislover
May 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
OK, 1 down , 1 to go... now Sharapova has to lose :lol:

:lol:

rnwerner
May 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Even at 5-0 I still thought Serena would turn around this match.
Actually I think she can turn it around even now.
That was a bizarre match.

Mixal
I just saw the last few games on Eurosport and I still can't believe she lost :facepalm:

Playing like a beast when facing MPs, but the rest... Federer would be proud. She just doesn't feel good in Paris and I guess we'll have to leave it at that.

This loss hurts, no doubt about it. I am glad it was against Virginie of all the players, whom I support. Considering the drama, the circumstances, the players involved... French crowd was classy. Even classier than many of reetards and mashabators here.

I still can't make up my mind if I want Sharapova to lose in the next round or to win the whole thing :scratch:

Charlatan
The database errors only seem to happen when there are lots of gifs posted. Apparently, Razzano fans don't have a huge collection of "Virginie snatched that bitches wig" gifs, and Serena fans have not yet created "that bitch snatched Serena's wig" gifs.

Too bad, that would have been fun to see.

YEP :worship:

sammy01
May 29th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I was out with people when the result came in, I nearly spit my drink out. This is amazing for Virginie, epic fail for those who said serena would lift the trophy. Unbelievable. :eek:

Poor serena, kinda embarrassing.

don't you just hate it when something shocking in tennis happens and the people you are with don't give a toss even though it is earth shattering to you? lol

i remember watching when dementieva retired in doha and i was a bit choked up and my sister was like 'who is she anyway' sob

Craig.
May 29th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I...just...can't :facepalm: Sarin was just all over the place, game-wise, emotionally. RG has always been such a mental struggle for her :sad: Tbh, I'm more pissed about her ruining her R1 slam streak than her actually losing, as ridiculous as it might seem. Regroup for Wimbledon please.

I'm not even "happy" for Maria...knowing her, she'll probably bomb out to Kirilenko or someone.

Happy for Razzano though, nice for her to get this win after all the shit she's been through in the last year or so.

Queenpova
May 29th, 2012, 10:40 PM
OMG i just woke up and see this :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

giurl you have some weird sleeping time :lol:

NashaMasha
May 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Where is Foxy, is she still sleeping? I miss her much and her coloured posts

Roookie
May 29th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Biggest upset in the history of women's tennis.

Dexter
May 29th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Here's the link to the entire 13-minute final game of the match. Everything's so weird it's actually frightening.

owaWgL0kiOwThank you so much! :worship: Just watching it gives you chills, I can only imagine how it was life. The standard of tennis in this last game was of top notch. Both were hitting the ball so well! I'm so impressed with Virginie's composure to fight off so many break points. She's had her fair share of chokes in her career (even here at RG), but she was so motivated to get the win. Kudos. :hatoff:

Asderaki should be fired for that hindrance call. WTF? Even Serena seemed disgusted. She is lucky Razzano won this match otherwise FFT would do everything to ban her.

Dodoboy.
May 29th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Inspired stuff from Virginie.

Serena too tight to play well enough to counter.

EDIT: below is one of the truest posts (#348) in what will end up being a long thread...

Glad you bumped that post.

atominside
Serena was classy in that defeat. Props given.

Aaron.
People incessantly repeated that Serena was the overwhelming favorite for RG because she won 2 tournaments that are not even true clay --

Har-Tru and super-fast Grass Madrid ? I mean come on, there's a moment people need to sit the freak down and have perspective. Serena is not a good clay-court player, she's bad, mediocre and suffered the worst defeat of her career on TRUE RED clay.

The Serena hype is really getting old, just move on already. She was a good player but she's 30 and all this is behind her back. Just relax and enjoy the real top player dominating the tour and stop trying to desperately make Serena happen, she's not happening. Yikes ! If Vika had won Madrid you would be saying she was the favorite. You're such a hypocrite.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
May 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM
She just wants to win Roland Garros more than any other tournament in the world, and she puts so much pressure on herself to win here.

I totally agree. She puts way too much pressure on herself nowadays. I don't know what it is. Maybe she wants it sooo bad. It's kind of similar to 2008, she was playing well most of the year but struggled at the bigger moments. Finally won the USO that year, then she started winning more slams consistently. I hate waiting, but I'm hoping for a better Wimbledon and Olympics.

CameronCopper
May 29th, 2012, 10:50 PM
That crying scene after the secong set was extremely strange

Mixal
May 29th, 2012, 10:50 PM
giurl you have some weird sleeping time :lol:

Gurl, did you ever hear about time zones?

Mynarco
May 29th, 2012, 10:51 PM
The last hindrance was quite unnecessary, but whatever, she did the right thing and the crowd didn't like it.

Queenpova
May 29th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Gurl, did you ever hear about time zones?

Spain and CR have the same time zone doofus :rolleyes:

Lucas_Arg
May 29th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Serena and her fans :hug:
After Maria she is my favourite player and to watch her strugling so much crushed me, she was almost crying!
See you at Wimbledon!
Now Maria has her golden chance.

Aaron.
May 29th, 2012, 10:56 PM
If anyone ever complains about Serena fans we'll just get a couple of Vikapower's and madmax posts. They don't even compare.

Enjoy your gloating now, at the end of the day Serena still has more slams then Azarenka and Sharapova and she earned them in a tougher era. She's 30 years old and still beating your faves routinely. Rest up for Wimbledon Serena :kiss:

TPlaya8
May 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Did she really cry after losing the 2nd set????? That is shocking.

One thing that I have always thought about Serena was that there have been plenty of matches where other players took it to her or she played terrible but her mental fortitude was so much more then her opponents. Today it was not enough and Razzano did not back down.

But I also will make a point that I stated way back at the US Open last year after Serena's third round match with Azarenka, I don't know if she is putting more pressure on herself, if its the eagerness to win again after the being out for almost 12months, or if the time away really made her lose some of her mental edge, but Serena Williams gets really nervous and tight now in Grand Slam matches. She has always showed flashes of it at Roland Garros (Today being the wrost), but she got tight at the US Open in that 2nd set with Azarenka, she tighten up some when trying to close out Wozniacki in that semifinal, and she was tight against Makarova in Australia.

I just hope Serena does not continue to out this type of pressure on herself at Grand Slams or Wimbledon 2010 might end up being her last slam.

I also think she is doing something she has never did before, she is playing alot of matches and tournaments before these Grand Slams. Now she is winning tour events and looks as if she is peaking to early, before the slam.

And another thing is Serena's serve has been so reliable over her career, even when her ground game is gone she has her serve. But all of her losses since coming back in 2011 have come when her serve is off. She was double faulting today Serena usually never doubles. I don't know if she knows how to win without her serve because she has always had it. Where as Venus's serve has always been questionable she has had to fight through bad service days.

I just hope Venus shows up tomorrow and doesn't have a mental letdown because Serena lost.

Mixal
May 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Spain and CR have the same time zone doofus :rolleyes:

That's Philippines, darling.

gc-spurs
May 29th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Serena was classy in that defeat. Props given.

Truth. Just read the presser- no excuses, no nothing. Real props.

Andy.
May 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM
WTF I cant believe it.

vozas
May 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM
If anyone ever complains about Serena fans we'll just get a couple of Vikapower's and madmax posts. They don't even compare.

Enjoy your gloating now, at the end of the day Serena still has more slams then Azarenka and Sharapova and she earned them in a tougher era. She's 30 years old and still beating your faves routinely. Rest up for Wimbledon Serena :kiss:

http://www.dirtyprettythangs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AfroWomanYouMad-GIF.gif

Get over yourself and this loss. Happens to all our faves. Karma's a bitch babe :wavey:

Vikapower
May 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM
If Vika had won Madrid you would be saying she was the favorite. You're such a hypocrite.

But was she not the favorite already despite having lost in the F of Madrid ? She is the world #1 and won a major, no credit really ? All the medias, fans, twitters, journalists [...] totally disregarded her like she was a total scrub.

At the end, Serena WAS the one to be disregarded simply because she has been under-performing in majors, hasn't past the 4th round for a while now and been winning tournaments who are simply not representative.

Charleston with a deflated field, Har-Tru (what ?) and Madrid with their experimental blue surface --

On all radio, TV [...] you had the same song, real #1 for Serena, computer #1 for the player who has pretty much dominated the tour so far -- I'm sorry but the hypocrites are the people who refuse to give credit where there is.

I have no idea what the Big 4 has to do to get their merit -- they've made every possible F/SF out there ; they each have spectacular W/L records for 2012, they even broke some records (like Maria) yet, you always get the same pro-Serena nauseating hype that never comes to conclusion as seen yet again today with a comprehensive defeat.

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Karma's a bitch babe :wavey:Which is precisely why you should be keeping it cute right now. :lol:

C. W. Fields
May 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM
In many tournaments the other Americans are a joke while Serena is the only one to hold the Stars & Stripes high, but here the other Americans go 10-0 in 1R and then Serena loses her first match!?

MiiMo
May 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM
When I talked about the possibility of Virginie making it competitive, everyone was laughing at me... :(

madmax
May 29th, 2012, 11:02 PM

and yet you are still gloating on her past achievements now and taking shots at younger players, who are still in the draw and are contending for the title...nobody cares what Williams did in 2002 - we are living in 2012 now with 4 different players holding all 4 slams. The sooner you will deal with this grim reality, the better it will be for your sanity:wavey:

vozas
May 29th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Which is precisely why you should be keeping it cute right now. :lol:

Keep what cute? Did you even bother checking what I posted? Stop making a fool of yourself and venture into Siberian Siren to see what I posted there before acting all ghetto wise and causing a raucous with Maria fans.

Unlike you guys, who would be relishing and flooding GM with your cheap Beyoncé gifs had Maria lost her 1st round match against a nobody, I feel really bad for Serena and take no pleasure in her losing. It's a real shame one of the favorites got eliminated so soon. I wanted her to meet Maria in the QFs.

Stay pressed and stressed. At least you have an excuse now :oh:

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Keep what cute? Did you even bother checking what I posted? Unlike you guys, who would be relishing and flooding GM with your cheap Beyoncé gifs had Maria lost her 1st round match against a nobody, I feel really bad for Serena and it's a real shame one of the favorites got eliminated so soon. I wanted her to meet Maria in the QFs.

Stay pressed and stressed. At least you have an excuse now :oh:Why are you giving me all that from a 1 sentence reply? You're doing too much, as usual.:lol:

I look forward to seeing how the rest of the women fare in this tournament. :)

Stamp Paid
May 29th, 2012, 11:05 PM
And you edited it to add more? Ch. :lol: