PDA

View Full Version : Lower ranked players BOMBING RG

Tenis Srbija
May 29th, 2012, 02:06 PM
So far, 20 out of 30 matches between lower ranked players (no seeds) have been won by the lower ranked player in those matches :lol:

And out of those 10 matches in which better ranked players won we had winners like Venus Williams, Shahar Peer (former No11), Aleksandra Wozniak (former No21), Klara Zakopalova (one of most experienced players out there...), Suarez-Navarro (two times GS quarter-finalists), MJMS (former No19)...

...and others are Martić who played against newly recovered Krajicek, Johansson and ball boy ( :oh: ) defeating few spots lower ranked Rodionova, McHale edging out Bertens and Scheepers defeating Pous-Tio, also in three sets (like Johansson and McHale).

+ Former player Empress Janković won a match :lol:

So far, I'm liking this tournament. Finally fans of slumping/lower ranked/useless players have something to be :bounce: about :oh:

LR players winning R1

Czink def. Keothavong
Rus def. Hampton
Watson def. Vesnina
Dominguez-Lino def. Eraković
Morita def. Hercog
Foretz Gacon def. Zahlavova-Strycova
Karantancheva def. Babos
Pironkova def. Wickmayer (two former GS semi-finalists :lol: )
Lepchenko def. Pervak
Feuerstein def. Dushevina
U.Radwanska def. Parmentier
Chan def. K.Bondarenko
Oudin def. Larsson
Govortsova def. Oprandi
Glatch def. Tatishvili
Pavlović def. Chang
Pfizenmaier def. Garcia
King def. Voskoboeva
Stephens def. Makarova
Falconi def. Gallovits-Hall

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 07:32 AM
+ Razzano mania now :oh:

hectopascal
May 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'm still empressed that Jankovic won her match, though this shouldn't count cos she's seeded.

Tenis Srbija
May 30th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I'm still empressed that Jankovic won her match, though this shouldn't count cos she's seeded.

Neither is she lower ranked...well for now at least :rolleyes:

joeh37
May 30th, 2012, 01:45 PM
With the WTA as it is any player ranked within 60-150 are capable of beating anyone else in that range.
Obviously form makes a difference I wouldn't back Yakimova or Paszek to beat anyone, but the whole tour is very balanced there, before a big step up to the top 30 and beyond.

Tenis Srbija
May 31st, 2012, 12:28 PM
And it continues with wins of Johansson over Cetkovska, MJMS over Safarova, now Zakopalova over Kirilenko :lol: