May 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

Venus next :scared:

awsk8er
May 28th, 2012, 05:56 PM
congrats Aga :)

Vamos Feńa
Aga was up 6:1 2:0 and 12 minutes later it's all over. Bojana weirdly grunting and hitting as hard as she could... When will those girls learn?

joão.
Jovanovski :help: :help: :help:

Mistress of Evil
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/players/wta312251.jpg

olivero
gets the job done

vspak
May 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
in 49min :)
Aga :)

fouc
Aga hitting those baseline winners left and right :drool: 21-9, ur fave could neva.

Roookie
People who said she would have trouble against BoJo :hah:

Dexter
I think Jovana is still young enough to have a career in another discipline of sport. Maybe aikido or karate? :shrug: Anything that doesnt involve much thinking. That's not her forte.
Applying less mascara might help improve her vision next time too. :)

Quick job, Aga. :drive:

flareon
Bojo needs her head examined...

BlueTrees
One more game than I expected :yeah:

Aga :D Now take out Venus :armed:

Summer_Snow
Dream match-up is coming next round :cheer::devil:

treufreund
ABSOLUTELY MERCILESS!!!! I hate it that Aga has such a hideous draw but, hopefully she will win these tough matches so we all get the pleasure of watching her inventive, creative game!!!

medved
Horrible. Bored Radwanska and ueber-aggressive Jovanovski. Expected result.

Wintermute
I think Aga will be hitting the practice court again after that. It wasn't much of a workout for her. Too many mistakes from Bojana and it was all too easy for Radwanska.

Irute
Well executed Aga, congrats :yeah:
Bojana is a talented girl, but how often is she on?

BlueTrees
May 28th, 2012, 05:58 PM
People who said she would have trouble againts BoJo :ha:

People seriously said that? :unsure:

markedman
Aga! Now the next round is the real test. Good luck.

rnwerner
Radwanska played extremely solid.
Good transition from Bruxelles to Paris, very convincing first round.

Venus has to play extremely well to beat her.

I hope that Radwanska can bring up a lot of variety and win in 2 sets.

Libertango
May 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Aga looks so fed up alot of the time :tape:

BoJJ is just :help: Pretty girl though.

Wintermute
May 28th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Loved the nonchalant dropshot ROS from Aga. Chaky used to do them.

Queen_Vee_92
Really impressed with Radwanska today, despite Bojana's brainless ball bashing, and i'm not too often impressed by her.

Scared for Venus if Aga retrieves as well, and can change direction as well as she did today, it was so effortless for her. Hoping Jovanovski made her look better than she was :lol: and the Venus will hit harder more accurate, move better and make a lot more drive volleys so we'll see.

Can't wait for round 2 :hearts:

kejm
Aga didn't hit a single UE in the second set! :)

faboozadoo15
Impressive play from Aga. The match against Venus is amazing for 2nd Rd.

treufreund
21 winners and only 9 errors? Is that correct? If so, that is tough and ruthless and efficient. I thought Aga was hitting the ball so nice and incorporating ever more ventures towards the net and taking the ball up the line so damn well. Love it.

Bojana was doing nothing but bailing out of rallies by just going for the biggest shots possible. Not going to cut it at this level against someone of Aga's caliber. Obviously she was outplayed by a large margin but just slapping shots all over the place is not tennis.

aguy9797
May 28th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Bojana:

Whoever is her coach should be fired right away, or even better banned from tennis for life. This girl is absolutely clueless, she has no idea what she is supposed to do on court.

Aga:

Much better than her match against Halep. Better depth and precision, better movement and serving. I am looking forward to Aga's match against Queen V

dsanders06
May 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/players/wta312251.jpg

:spit:

Gilas.
May 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I went to have a quick bite after the first set and returned to find Boj 0-5 0-15 down :weirdo: Girl get a brain :facepalm:
GL next round Aga :yeah:

Nicolas
May 28th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I think Jovana is still young enough to have a career in another discipline of sport. Maybe aikido or karate? :shrug: Anything that doesnt involve much thinking. That's not her forte.
Applying less mascara might help improve her vision next time too. :)

Quick job, Aga. :drive:

Simugna Help
May 28th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Much better than her match against Halep. Better depth and precision, better movement and serving. I am looking forward to Aga's match against Queen V
She got several winners from her inside out forehand and I think no errors, whereas against Halep in the first set it was several errors and one winner. She still had lapses of concentration at times (though never longer than 2-3 points), but against Venus she should be more focused.

Shvedbarilescu
May 28th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Aga didn't exactly look tired after her week in Brussels. Somehow I don't think her 4 matches there took that much out of her.

She will obviously be pleased with how that match went...

PetraReeMona
May 28th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Fantastic Aga. Good Luck against Venus :scared:

Just love the way she plays :hearts:

TuxedoSlam
May 28th, 2012, 06:06 PM
All those volleys Jovanovski hit out wide :help:

Mrs. Peel
May 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I went to have a quick bite after the first set and returned to find Boj 0-5 0-15 down :weirdo: Girl get a brain :facepalm:
GL next round Aga :yeah:

Me, too. I went to grind up beans for my coffee, make some toast and scrambled eggs. I came back and it was over. :o

2moretogo
May 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Well DAYUM!

rada
May 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
wow Bojana was shit! couldn't get a few balls in.

Simugna Help
May 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Aga didn't exactly look tired after her week in Brussels.
Of course she's not tired, she played 3 tough sets in Brussels and had a free day yesterday, she's fit enough to handle that.:o

deliverance.
May 28th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Bojana is the best example of brainless ballbashing. Left, right, left, right, left, right... :o

Good match Aga. Nice winners :yeah:

aguy9797
May 28th, 2012, 06:12 PM
She got several winners from her inside out forehand and I think no errors, whereas against Halep in the first set it was several errors and one winner. She still had lapses of concentration at times (though never longer than 2-3 points), but against Venus she should be more focused.

Absolutely, Aga was today a completely different player than last Saturday. She was so unusually sluggish and just couldn't find her range on Saturday, hence all those errors.

I hope she will play with depth and precision against Venus. If so,it should be a great match! :lick:

Shvedbarilescu
May 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Of course she's not tired, she played 3 tough sets in Brussels and had a free day yesterday, she's fit enough to handle that.:o

I know that. ;)

It was a little rib at the people who suggested Aga was damaging her chances at RG by playing in Brussels, which as things have turned out is clearly not going to be the case.

égalité
May 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Yes.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ewdyHSPR1qb4c6o.gif

aguy9797
May 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I know that. ;)

It was a little rib at the people who suggested Aga was damaging her chances at RG by playing in Brussels, which as things have turned out is clearly not going to be the case.

We will (or would) know about Wednesday next week if playing Brussels was a mistake or not

Irute
May 28th, 2012, 06:18 PM
We will (or would) know about Wednesday next week if playing Brussels was a mistake or not

I don't think her loss or win here will have anything to do with Brussels.

Shvedbarilescu
May 28th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I don't think her loss or win here will have anything to do with Brussels.

Indeed.

Setsuna.
May 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Bojo. :sad:

Simugna Help
May 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM

If it comes down to battle of endurance you think Aga would lose?

new-york
May 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
LOL. Will have to stop rooting for you next round, but if you win, keep this up. :cool:

TheKid!
May 28th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Sadly for Jovanovski, she has not developped her game since the last time I saw her, she is always the same. She must need more than forcing her (gorgeous) forehand if she wants to step up.
Still, more entertaining than Radwanska.

gaja kesari
May 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Effortless, Agnieszka. Way to go to the next round!

Angelus87
May 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Sadly for Jovanovski, she has not developped her game since the last time I saw her, she is always the same. She must need more than forcing her (gorgeous) forehand if she wants to step up.
Still, more entertaining than Radwanska.

i bet you love how she make those outs :P

Direwolf
May 28th, 2012, 07:45 PM
21 winners and only 9 errors? Is that correct? If so, that is tough and ruthless and efficient. I thought Aga was hitting the ball so nice and incorporating ever more ventures towards the net and taking the ball up the line so damn well. Love it.

Bojana was doing nothing but bailing out of rallies by just going for the biggest shots possible. Not going to cut it at this level against someone of Aga's caliber. Obviously she was outplayed by a large margin but just slapping shots all over the place is not tennis.

Venus hit
29 winners 12 UE in 2nd+3rd set...

Simugna Help
May 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Venus hit
29 winners 12 UE in 2nd+3rd set...
Excluding the first set is hilarious. Aga hit no UEs in the second set, it does not get more clinical than that.:)

aguy9797
May 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM
If it comes down to battle of endurance you think Aga would lose?

I hope not! :)

But I truly believe that two weeks of competitive tennis in a row is plenty. Tiredness is cumulative of both physical and mental effort. Aga may lack steam when she really needs to step up, for example in a quarterfinal (that is if she manages to survive her awful draw)

Cinek
May 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Aga :hearts:

GL vs. Venus :tape:

CloudAtlas
May 28th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I hope not! :)

But I truly believe that two weeks of competitive tennis in a row is plenty. Tiredness is cumulative of both physical and mental effort. Aga may lack steam when she really needs to step up, for example in a quarterfinal (that is if she manages to survive her awful draw)

I don't think Aga will run out of steam at the French Open but given her schedule overall and her next few upcoming events there is no way that she's won't be burnt out by the US Open unless she crashes out early/tanks in some of these events.

Israel
May 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Well at least Jovanovski's grunt is pretty nice... Nothing about her tennis though :P

aguy9797
May 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Well at least Jovanovski's grunt is pretty nice... Nothing about her tennis though :P

what the heck is that grunt all about? it is not that typical "eeeehhhhhh" or "yyyyyhhhhaaa" that we are used to (thanks to Vika, Maria, Fran and everybody else)

It sounds as if Bojana was screaming some weird word :confused:

aguy9797
May 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I don't think Aga will run out of steam at the French Open but given her schedule overall and her next few upcoming events there is no way that she's won't be burnt out by the US Open unless she crashes out early/tanks in some of these events.

very true, and she has all those points to defend in Asia. I guess Aga wants to learn it the hard way

Simugna Help
May 28th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Interview with Agnieszka:
about drawing Venus in R2:
When I found out about it, my first thought was that I had easier draws when I was lower ranked, now that I'm third, they're worse. Venus is the toughest unseeded player in the tournament one could draw. Tough luck, I can't change it, I have to play and that's all.
about her chances against Venus:
Am I the favorite against Venus? That depends how you look at it. The chances are equal. It's hard to judge who's the favorite. If you look at the rankings and the last six months you could say I am [the favorite]. If you look at achievements and overall career, Venus has the edge. We haven't played on clay yet [not true - they played in Rome 2009], so we'll see.
We played each other 2 months ago and we're meeting again. It's hard to prepare any special tactic for a player like Venus, it's not like she has a weaker BH or FH. You just need to play aggressively and see what she allows you to do. I saw on TV that she struggled a bit in the first round and lost a set, but it doesn't mean anything.
About losing a game against Jovanovski
It just happened, it was a bit windy at the beginning.
About courts in Paris:
The opening round is always the toughest. Even though we've been playing for over a month on clay courts, they're not the same and the balls are different. The courts in Paris are definitely the fastest, you could compare them to the main three courts in Madrid and to those in Stuttgart. But over there they're pretty much hard courts with a thin layer of clay, they're not real clay courts.

About playing Brussels
It's a bit tiresome, but I had a free week before that, because I lost in Rome on Wednesday, so I didn't play much. That's why I decided to play Brussels. I had a bye in the opening round, then to easy matches and only SF and F were tougher. In the end I didn't play any three setters. I was a bit unlucky to play in Paris on Monday, but I'm in the top half so there's no possibility for me to play after Monday.
www.eurosport.pl/tenis/french-open/2012/radwanska-ja-faworytka_sto3289528/story.shtml

olivero
May 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM
:lol:

Malva
May 28th, 2012, 10:06 PM

Against Halep in the first set: 9 winners / 20 unforced errors.

Dodoboy.
May 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM
This easy win is great for Venus.

Malva
May 28th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Interview with Agnieszka:
about drawing Venus in R2:

about her chances against Venus:

About courts in Paris:

About playing Brussels

www.eurosport.pl/tenis/french-open/2012/radwanska-ja-faworytka_sto3289528/story.shtml

Thanks for this very well prepared extract! She sounds remarkably cool-headed too.

Belmont Lad
May 28th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Ruthlessly efficient tennis from Aga. :hearts: Keep this straight set winning streak going on Wednesday. :drive:

LoLex
May 28th, 2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:

What is she thinking? She's not Serena. More respect for the opponent, girl.

Foals.
May 28th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Bojana :help: A set of little or no UE's against Bojana isn't much of an achievement these days. :shrug:

Linguae^
May 28th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Everyone is sick of this boring bitch winning, Venus especially. Kill her.

HRHoliviasmith
May 29th, 2012, 01:53 AM
:bigclap: good luck in the next round, Aga. You can do it.

Malva
May 29th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I watched the match with Dinara Safina providing a very illuminating live commentary (I wish the TF 'tennis experts' could hear what she was saying). She provided lots of very interesting insights about the points played, the sort of things one gets only from a recent top player like her.

Several times during the match she was saying that Agnieszka was giving not a single chance to Bojana, the latter forced to play a high-risk game. «Of all the players she saw» — Dinara added — «Agnieszka really impressed, and what an interesting, diverse, precise, and "at-the-right-place" tennis she showed».

Tenis Srbija
May 29th, 2012, 07:57 AM
:facepalm:

vspak
May 29th, 2012, 08:02 AM
ehh.. doesnt matter...